Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to add a Pokken lobby in the future? I find it strange that there isn't one yet especially considering that Splatoon somehow managed to get one.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Just discuss it in the In-Game or VG room. Both need the activity - show us that it deserves its own room and it might exist in the future.

Not normally competitively relevant, but can an Ice Ball / Rollout count (for Challenge Cup / Hackmons Cup / whatever OM) be implemented? It does confusing when a miss occurs and you're steamrolling through a match - knowing if you need to sac something to like a ridic BP Rollout vs leaving it in on 30 BP Rollout would be nice.

Please remove the "Resume" button from the middle of the battle window while pausing the battle and put it somewhere else - this would make Showdown even more enjoyable even if the battles are not on the 3DS.

Hello Guys,

I have a suggestion: Add room for notes in the Teambuilder.

Reasoning behind this:

I believe many of us have a huge amount of different Teams in our Teambuilders. While the folders already greatly improved the possibilites to structure those teams and maintain a certain overview, it is sometimes difficult to keep track of what my EV spread is meant to do exactly, or what my general thought process behind a Team/Pokemon was (especially when playing other formats like e.g. League Format).

Being able to save notes along with the team, would help a lot to keep track of all the teams.

If you could export the notes with the Teams, this would also make sense when passing on teams to other people, since you don't only get the team, but also some advise and thought process on how to use it.

I don't know how difficult it is concerning the amount of data that has to be saved, but to counteract that you could enable a word limit or smth.

What do you think?

Okay so here is my suggestion, a end turn button.
Now now hear me out say you select a move and forget to click MEGA EVOLVE or click the wrong move sure you can hit cancel....but it most likely wont work anyway this is basically an ARE YOU SURE button that finalizes your turn to avoid mistakes.

Okay so here is my suggestion, a end turn button.
Now now hear me out say you select a move and forget to click MEGA EVOLVE or click the wrong move sure you can hit cancel....but it most likely wont work anyway this is basically an ARE YOU SURE button that finalizes your turn to avoid mistakes.
The cancel button is the END TURN BUTTON, it may not work because you might be too late in pressing it or general lag.

On the login screen in showdown please add a Forgot password so you can recover your password and add a register so you can make a new account ^_^ :mad:

Yo, I am here to make a suggestion for ladder on Pokemon Showdown! I have been noticing in random battles NFE pokemon and their existence such as Scyther and Chansey. But actually, they are not entitled as 'NFE' because they are viable enough to be in an actual tier like ou or nu, etc. So, I felt there were a lot of pokemon like these missing that include Sneasel, Electabuzz, Maybe magmar and a lot of NFE pokemon that I might be missing. I was just suggesting that these pokemon should be added onto the ladder. Thank you in your behalf if you read this and had a feedback! n_n
May I please get a feedback on that? I need your opinions and suggestions on that. And also, I like the new feature with, where you click a users' name and it tells you that they are a global. But my suggestion is, when I click a leader/admins' name it says "Global" leader or administrator. I think it should just say leader or administrator because leaders and administrators are already only globals. It's like saying "My science teacher is a teacher".

This one is extremely minor one but perhaps it is easy enough where it is worth implementing. The little sprites displayed in battle, at least in Gen 4 OU, are the old outdated ones. So in battle I would not see this where it shows what pokemon we have, if I or my opponent was using Milotic

It would be the old one.

So minor but I think the new ones are so nice and it is more consistent, since we use the new ones otherwise.

Hello, I have a suggestion. I think that there should be an Ai mode just for fun or for testing certain things. Also this way if you want to play offline like if your in the car or something you can still play pokemon showdown. It would also be sweet if you could edit pokemon teams while not connected to wifi. Thanks for reading this :)

Make /is an alias for /itemsearch.
Make tours not have a notification if they are already ended.
Make /ms be able to search for generations and make the generations 'number' instead of 'gen number'.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
So I've been having fun with more obscur metas lately, but the often very long search times are annoying. Since the waiting time is dependant on how much players are actually searching for that particular meta, it could be cool to add a little «OR» button underneath the meta choosing tab. This way you could search for let's say: STABmons OR Almost any ability simultaneously and just get the first of the 2 from which you get a match. A new «OR» button could pop up every time you'd add a meta to search for even more than 2 metas simultaneously. This could slightly increase the popularity of obscur metas too since no one builds a team for a meta where he'll spend way more time waiting than actually playing.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I think there should be a /nature command which is very similar to /itemsearch, /movesearch, and /dexsearch, except it searches for natures that meet the given requirements instead of items, moves, and Pokemon respectively. It would be very useful for teambuilding if you want to select a nature that, for example, raises Attack and lowers Special Attack - instead of having to ask someone, or look on the internet, you would just use the command and you'd get the nature. A sample command would be: /nature raises Attack, lowers Speed. The outcome for this command would be Brave. Here is how it would look like on Pokemon Showdown:

upload_2016-4-22_22-17-2.png

Here are the commands that would need to be used to get each nature:
Hardy: /nature raises Attack, lowers Attack
Lonely: /nature raises Attack, lowers Defense
Adamant: /nature raises Attack, lowers Special Attack
Naughty: /nature raises Attack lowers Special Defense
Brave: /nature raises Attack, lowers Speed

Bold: /nature raises Defense, lowers Attack
Docile: /nature raises Defense, lowers Defense
Impish: /nature raises Defense, lowers Special Attack
Lax: /nature raises Defense, lowers Special Defense
Relaxed: /nature raises Defense, lowers Speed

Modest: /nature raises Special Attack, lowers Attack
Mild: /nature raises Special Attack, lowers Defense
Bashful: /nature raises Special Attack, lowers Special Attack
Rash: /nature raises Special Attack, lowers Special Defense
Quiet: /nature raises Special Attack, lowers Speed

Calm: /nature raises Special Defense, lowers Attack
Gentle: /nature raises Special Defense, lowers Defense
Careful: /nature raises Special Defense, lowers Special Attack
Quirky: /nature raises Special Defense, lowers Special Defense
Sassy: /nature raises Special Defense, lowers Speed

Timid: /nature raises Speed, lowers Attack
Hasty: /nature raises Speed, lowers Defense
Jolly: /nature raises Speed, lowers Special Attack
Naive: /nature raises Speed, lowers Special Defense
Serious: /nature raises Speed, lowers Speed

Last edited:
I think there should be a /nature command which is very similar to /itemsearch, /movesearch, and /dexsearch, except it searches for natures that meet the given requirements instead of items, moves, and Pokemon respectively. It would be very useful for teambuilding if you want to select a nature that, for example, raises Attack and lowers Special Attack - instead of having to ask someone, or look on the internet, you would just use the command and you'd get the nature. A sample command would be: /nature raises Attack, lowers Speed. The outcome for this command would be Brave. Here is how it would look like on Pokemon Showdown:
But the teambuilder already tells you what each nature does...

Sobi

Banned deucer.
But the teambuilder already tells you what each nature does...
Likewise, the teambuilder already tells you what an item does, but there's an itemsearch command; the teambuilder tells you what a move does, but there's a movesearch command, so I don't see the problem with having a nature search command.

But the teambuilder does not tell you what each move or item does in full detail - they are just one-line descriptions.

Natures don't need that as they all do the exact same thing.

I have an idea, and it may sound crazy, but how about having all of the soundtracks from each gen? That would be both cool and nostalgic, coming from a big gen 3 fan.

I have an idea, and it may sound crazy, but how about having all of the soundtracks from each gen? That would be both cool and nostalgic, coming from a big gen 3 fan.
Music is the biggest contributor to PS's server costs so it's fairly unlikely that we'll be able to offer a large variety of music in the near future.

The only remotely likely thing I can see happen on PS about music would be, say, a Music folder for the downloadable client, from where it could play music files instead of those in the server.

But they must have better things to do.

By the way, is it intended that Battle Factory teams can sometimes have no hazard setter whatsoever? Because I got one yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)