Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
[16:43:29] +Litwick: panpawn
[16:43:31] +Litwick: can u make it so
[16:43:33] +Litwick: wheni do
[16:43:33] +Litwick: /ms
[16:43:36] +Litwick: i can search z moves
[16:43:41] +Litwick: so like
[16:43:46] +Litwick: if i want to search up
[16:43:50] +Litwick: what mvoes boost spatk
[16:43:51] +Litwick: when i do
[16:44:00] +Litwick: !ms palkia, boosts special attack
' attack' is not a recognized stat.
[16:44:04] +Litwick: !ms palkia, boosts specialattack
Matching moves found in learnset for Palkia:
Ancient Power
[16:44:09] +Litwick: it shows z-heal pulse

and this goes for other z moves too

Have no idea if this has been asked before or even is already a feature and I can't find it.

I think it would be cool if you could have a friends list in showdown, where you could add people you know irl or people you have met on the simulator and see which of your friends are active and easily challenge them to a battle/chat with them. Would save a lot of time as opposed to searching them up individually, or scrolling through the lobby.

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Have no idea if this has been asked before or even is already a feature and I can't find it.

I think it would be cool if you could have a friends list in showdown, where you could add people you know irl or people you have met on the simulator and see which of your friends are active and easily challenge them to a battle/chat with them. Would save a lot of time as opposed to searching them up individually, or scrolling through the lobby.
This has been requested several times, and is something that has been pondered. It's not something that's been high on priorities, especially with the release of gen 7. Whether or not it ever happens is up in the air too.

Hope this hasn't been suggested already, but I would like egg groups to be added as a search-able parameter.

Eg: /ds stealth rock, field group

In rooms like breeding that would be a really useful command, saving time searching manually through bulbapedia or similar sites.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
For the damage calculator, I believe Draining Kiss should be added since Comfey does utilize this move since it has access to Triage.

Pretty sure this must've been ask before,but worth a try.Will there be a friend list system in the near time future?

-Also if you guys don't feel like answering this then that completely fine.Reason i ask is because it be a cool feature that been asked for awhile now =]

Pretty sure this must've been ask before,but worth a try.Will there be a friend list system in the near time future?

-Also if you guys don't feel like answering this then that completely fine.Reason i ask is because it be a cool feature that been asked for awhile now =]
This has been requested several times, and is something that has been pondered. It's not something that's been high on priorities, especially with the release of gen 7. Whether or not it ever happens is up in the air too.

Multi Battles

It would be great if you could include multi-battles so that there would be more ways to battle with others co-operatively. Not sure if you would do it where you could have a random teammate or not; really whatever you choose is fine, but I think that multi battles would be a lot of fun and would add to the amount of modes you have.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Multi Battles

It would be great if you could include multi-battles so that there would be more ways to battle with others co-operatively. Not sure if you would do it where you could have a random teammate or not; really whatever you choose is fine, but I think that multi battles would be a lot of fun and would add to the amount of modes you have.
Asked many times -- here is a recent answer:
Anyway, it's on the to-do list (which I will update into the OP someday maybe).

Last edited:
I actually have multiple suggestions.

Music Adjuster
This would be such a great option since I don't really like to listen to the same music over and over. If it could be implemented, I think having the ability to adjust how often you want certain music to appear would be great. Maybe also include Alola themes as well?

Ladder Refresh Button
Sometimes after playing games, I like to check the ladder to see where I am. But, having to close the ladder, open it, scroll down to the tier, and click that is just burdensome. I think a ladder refresh button would be really handy.

Thanks to listening to my suggestions. Please update me :)

(W/L/DL)
The ability to see wins, total losses and disconnection losses, whenever someone uses the /rank command. The disconnection losses will still count toward the total losses, but at least people will be able to see how often that person disconnects during battle.
(Wider Avatar Selection)
This is self-explanatory. It would be greatly appreciated if there were more avatars to choose from, to give a more personal touch to a username.
(Pokemon Online's avatar count is more than double of that of Showdown's, just saying.)

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Music Adjuster
This would be such a great option since I don't really like to listen to the same music over and over. If it could be implemented, I think having the ability to adjust how often you want certain music to appear would be great. Maybe also include Alola themes as well?
Music is the biggest contributor to PS's server costs so it's fairly unlikely that we'll be able to offer a large variety of music in the near future.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(Wider Avatar Selection)
This is self-explanatory. It would be greatly appreciated if there were more avatars to choose from, to give a more personal touch to a username.
(Pokemon Online's avatar count is more than double of that of Showdown's, just saying.)
Remember that avatars aren't free: PS has to pay licensing fees to use them. PO's smaller userbase mean that it has to pay less in bandwidth costs, for example.
Ladder Refresh Button
Sometimes after playing games, I like to check the ladder to see where I am. But, having to close the ladder, open it, scroll down to the tier, and click that is just burdensome. I think a ladder refresh button would be really handy.
Try using the /rank command.

As i was teambuilding today i realize i wasn't able to move around folders which triggers my ocd.Be cool if we can move around folder in our teambuilder :]

Would be cool if in the ratings section you could see the highest ranking you've managed to reach in each tier. I'll never make the leaderboards but would be cool to have a PB to try and beat.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Since it now displays ingame, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask that a Future Sight counter be implemented as well, at least for Gen 7 metas.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Out of interest, how does it display in Double battles?
I'll go check on this, update you in the morning. What I know is that in singles it displays the counter on the target, not the user, so that's actually a really good question.

EDIT: Nevermind waiting until morning, went and tested this. I borrowed a ds so I could see both sides.

It doesn't matter which side you're looking at it from, only the spot targeted by Future Sight has the Future Sight status and countdown. This carries over even if the target switches - only the mon switching in will have the Future Sight status and counter.

Last edited:
Hello all!

So I know usage stats are calculated for each tier, which means that the system already registers all the pokemon that are used in each battle and stores this data somewhere. Could this be used to include a "Search for pokemon" option for replays? In my opinion this could lead to greater understanding on how each pokemon is and/or can be played.
Assume I've never used Heracross and want to learn how it fares: I can read the SmogonDex's analysis and get a vague idea of how it can be used, but at the moment if I want to look for replays featuring Heracross I can at best select the metagame I'm interested in and then click furiously on one replay after another scanning team previews and looking for Heracross. With a "Search for pokemon" option I could instead look for Heracross (or 214, whatever is handled better by a hypothetical search system) and then enjoy various replays of either Heracross or Mega Heracross.

What do you think? Is this feasible/possible?
So, still no opinions on this one?
Any opinion?
Any consideration on this?

I have a useful suggestion regarding the Custom Game option. Let's say that, for example, I want to make a metagame that is played in Doubles format, but it has Sleep Clause, which none of the other Doubles challenge formats have. Basically, it's impossible to play such a thing, and asking for a challenge option or format for it is obviously out of question, due to the support needed to get the challenge option in the first place.

My suggestion is rather simple. When someone issues a challenge for a Custom Game format, there should be an option to enable the various clauses that have currently exist in the Smogon metagames. For example, I could challenge someone to a Singles Custom Game with only Species Clause and Evasion Clause active, or a Doubles Custom Game with only Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, and Baton Pass Clause active. This makes people able to develop their own metagames without the need to ask for a format option until said metagame is popular enough to demand one. This is also useful to enable/disable certain clauses to already existing metagames for testing purposes. This also includes the HP % mod and pretty much all the other things shown at the start of the battle in the Clauses area.

It could display the clauses issued within the challenge in the "X wants to battle!" pop-up, where you could put something that says "Clauses" below "Team" or below "Format".

Last edited:
Water Shuriken description: Hits 2-5 times in one turn.
What it should be: Usually goes first. Hits 2-5 times in one turn.

Fix it. I have to rebuild my whole team now because i had no clue greninja could ever beat my choice scarf pheromosa.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Heyo I'd like to repost my earlier suggestion regarding highlighting. I still feel like having room-only highlights would be immensely helpful, as for example I frequent the OM room but would like to get into rating teams, so when people ask for rates on OM teams I can have certain key words on hl in the rmt room, without having my highlights spammed in the om room.

Water Shuriken description: Hits 2-5 times in one turn.
What it should be: Usually goes first. Hits 2-5 times in one turn.

Fix it. I have to rebuild my whole team now because i had no clue greninja could ever beat my choice scarf pheromosa.
If you do "/dt water shuriken" it does say priority +1 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)