1. Our third apparel sale is live. New design + reprint of the athletic design. Support us and get a shirt!
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. Watch our World Cup of Pokemon Post-R1 Smogcast with some of Smogon's top players!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  5. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Vacate, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Arcticblast

Arcticblast lucky enough to draft winners
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

hey I'd really like a system where room owners without global auth can request an active global to go to their room; while I can see how it'd get annoying it'd be really nice to have auth on when there's only one RO available (and they want to make dinner!)
    I'd be super down for properly seeded PS tours, but you're being kinda rude about something that's probably a long term goal :(
    Quantum Tesseract and Tiksi like this.
  2. Tiksi

Tiksi That makes me feel angry!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

There is the "pm Help mods" method, but having a more precise method ROs can initiate may be worth looking into, especially as such an idea is less spammy than an alert automatically pinging (e.g. when a room is staffless)
  3. MacChaeger

MacChaeger formerly OU banned my masquerain

For what it's worth, I think having this option open to all room staff instead of just the RO would be more useful, as oftentimes the last staff member in the room isn't an RO, but rather a mod or even a driver. It might even be good to open it up to voices in case the last staff member has to leave very suddenly or forgets.
  4. Arcticblast

Arcticblast lucky enough to draft winners
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

deadass forgot the Help room exists, but at the same time having an alert go to the staff room would allow people who actually see it to respond (instead of sending PMs that may not get answered because someone got up from their keyboard)
  5. Flippo

Flippo

The random seeding is fine for now, I just don't like how the random seeding gets messed up when it transfers over into losers bracket. I feel like that should be a relatively easy fix
  6. The Happy Phallus

The Happy Phallus

I would like to be able to manage my own list of replays. This would include, marking them as public or private, as deleting them may trouble mods with conflict issues. Also, on my own ladder record page, I would like to be able to remove metas I don't play regurally as to remove the clutter.
  7. Alyvia

Alyvia formerly AnimeMaster

instead of typing /clearpms directly into the chat rooms, will it be possible to type /clear into any 1 pm box and it erases all the messages of that 1 box?
    Phantomgenius and Taistelu like this.
  8. Meidan

Meidan

Can you please add an "Add friend" option?
    NOICER likes this.
  9. Pan.

Pan.

This is more of a usage-stats-request but I would love to analyse how much I lead with two specific Pokémon. Currently I'm doing it in an Excel-sheet but if there is something like a /top10leads for each PS!-account, it would make my analyses so much better and easier :D
  10. Phantomgenius

Phantomgenius

Suggestion to add room-specific highlights with a command such as /roomhighlight so that if a certain room's highlight words are said in another room (such as someone saying triviasignups in scavengers), it doesn't mass highlight.
    Highways and Taistelu like this.
  11. lkizzle

lkizzle

Hello, I would like a section in Pokémon Showdown whereby people can post teams and we can use them freely, for example I make a team for gen 7 OU and post the information for the team under gen 7 OU teams, then anyone looking for a team can go there, quickly copy the team and paste it and use it themselves, thank you, my Pokémon Showdown username is Lkizzle
  12. MacChaeger

MacChaeger formerly OU banned my masquerain

I'd like to suggest that the different Terrain effects have different visual effects, now that the Tapu have made them very common. I often find myself confused as to which terrain is active.
    Highways and lkizzle like this.
  13. Flippo

Flippo

Can there be some sort of option to ignore HTML stuff that owners and globals put in rooms? Stuff like htmlboxes and !showimage. It's pretty stupid that I'm forced to see these things and it can lead to potentially undesirable things. Scotteh himself has shown me that he can literally tell what operating system I'm on and more simply from using it. There should be an option to ignore something like that.
    Berserking Now, Scotteh and Metan like this.
  14. Eien

Eien
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

So since /mute and /ban show ac alts, can /warn do the same thing please? It'd be nice if I can /warn a troll and recognize their alt name immediately. Right now I need to wait for them to troll more before taking the appropriate action.
  15. Marcos Arahant

Marcos Arahant

Hi folks, my suggestion is: Review the status of pokemons of the ancient generations. there are great and important pokemons with very bad status and skills. Exemple: Onix (Vary bad Status), Blastoise (Not Mega), Golen (powerful and cool pokemon forgotten) Pidgeot among others icons of the past. I would think it cool Thick Fat, Mega Launcher and No guard to normal Venosaur, Blastoise and Pidgeot Folks I'm sorry if I'm wrong. This is my first suggestion as a big fan of the first generation of Pokémon.
    Have patience if I said something stupid. See you later.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    apt-get likes this.
  16. Marcos Arahant

Marcos Arahant

Other exemple is: Persian (normal), aslo very cool pokemon, and have status very bad and bad attacks.
    Review these classic characters will give life to the game.
    Most pokemon trainers use the same pokemon even having a multitude of options and combinations.
    apt-get likes this.
  17. Phantomgenius

Phantomgenius

Suggestion to add an exclusion format to modlog, like there is for /ds and /ms. For example, /modlog ![phrase] would display the last 20 moderator actions that exclude said phrase. This would make it easier to check modlog for relevant information in rooms where bot modnotes and other actions that occur fairly regularly (for example, hosting in Survivor) tend to clog up modlog.

Also suggestion to add highlights in HTML for aesthetic reasons, if that is possible.
    Ninjadog~, Tiksi, CloudyNatu and 2 others like this.
  18. CloudyNatu

CloudyNatu

Suggestion to add a generation parameter to movesearch, preferably similar to dexsearch's function of /ds gen [#]. Though this is a minor piece and doesn't make a drastic difference, it would make it easier to locate moves based on generation introduction. This is more geared towards accessibility for certain PS! rooms, though I do feel it could be useful site-wide.
    Tiksi and Phantomgenius like this.
  19. Tiksi

If you're recommending that we give non-Mega-Evolved Pokemon the abilities of their Mega Evolutions, that's outside of our power; that's Gamefreak's decision (and one they don't seem to have planned).
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    SubMindRaikou likes this.
  20. SparksBlade

SparksBlade
    is a Pre-Contributor

long ago i suggested that we be given a way to block pms+challenges from a specific user w/o completely ignoring them(in room chat) idk what happened about that :[

new suggestion is to somehow be able to check poll results(from modlog) long after they've been ended. it's a shame to make a poll and go to sleep and wake up to find it's ended, but never know the results of it
  21. Elite4Woolfy

Elite4Woolfy

The ability to change the color of our names on Pokemon Showdown! would be nice.
  22. Tiksi

We purposefully don't have this to prevent people from impersonating staff (by making names very similar to theirs and using their name color).
    Phantomgenius and SubMindRaikou like this.
  23. Elite4Woolfy

Elite4Woolfy

There are a variety of ways to make sure that person is not actually a staff member
    Plus, I and many other people probably want a name color other than ugly blue
  24. Tiksi

Yes (particularly /userauth tabbedname) but the vast majority of regular users aren't aware of these.
    If the name color is really appalling, there's always the option to pick another name.
    SubMindRaikou likes this.
  25. Elite4Woolfy

Elite4Woolfy

If you change your name, then you lose all your ladder rankings as well. Plus, most people want their names to be the same across multiple websites

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)