1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. The moderators of this forum are the PS! Leaders (&) and Admins (~).
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Vacate, Apr 1, 2015.

1. MatthewN2002

MatthewN2002

Can we have clans please? So we are able to like have clan vs clan and stuff like that.
  2. A

A

MatthewN2002 It's been suggested numerous times but PS (at least both the main server and SmogTours) have no plans for clans/pokemon leagues of the sort. Other alternative servers may host them though.
    DeathByWobbuffet likes this.
  3. Amaluna

Amaluna

/poll edit - to allow room auth to fix minor mistakes or replace an option. This way we don't clutter up the chat with having to end it and put it back up which can get pretty annoying for both the host and the room.
  4. Brawl MK

Brawl MK

It'd be nice for ROs to have the option to allow mods be able to add/remove from /roomevents. There's not always a guarantee that a RO will be online, while having roommods able to add and remove from /roomevents would be really helpful in terms of management, instead of pestering a RO to get on to add something.
  5. OrangeGuru

OrangeGuru

I would like the ability to reorder teams in the teambuilder. As someone who has over 400+ teams (with a ton in Gen 6 UU, OU and prob soon to be SM OU as well), I would like to be able to put my most favorite teams at the top of the list rather than having to delete / maneuver / recreate them in the order I want them. Considering there is already an edit and delete button next to each team, I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to add a reorder button (although I'm not an expert in coding). I'm sure others would appreciate this feature as well
    Taistelu likes this.
  6. Acast

Acast Berserker found a dog!
    is a Forum Moderator

You can already drag and drop teams to reorder them.
    OrangeGuru and Taistelu like this.
  7. MalwareInfection

MalwareInfection

Is there a way for us to submit custom avatars?
  8. Steven Snype

Steven Snype Kunclord Supreme
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

i'm very suspicious of this username and request......
  9. Tiksi

Tiksi It's not just safe, it's 40% safe!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Unless you are global staff or otherwise qualify for a custom avatar, you cannot, although this is probably better suited for the Simple Question Simple Answer thread for the future.
  10. OrangeGuru

OrangeGuru

Ah thanks, don't know why I never thought to try that on desktop! Still should prob be advertised better bc there's no way to know that reorders teams
  11. Leona Moon

Leona Moon

Showdown Suggestions:
    • [Bug] Transform doesn't change stats.
    • I would like to filter out tiers when choosing Pokemon, so for example, if I select OU tier, I don't want it to show restricted tiers such as Illegal, CAP, unreleased, or higher tiers.
    • <Mega> tag
    Thanks for considering my ideas.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  12. Taistelu

Taistelu

You can set an OU filter in the teambuilder, just type in "OU" when searching for a Pokemon and click the filter button.
  13. Tiksi

It does change the stats, but doesn't show the new stats when you mouse over, as this would let you determine the opponent's investment/nature when you otherwise could not. (see @ below)
  14. Siggu

Siggu

Could be wrong, but IIRC the cartridge game does not reveal stats when you Transform.
    Tiksi and Merritt like this.
  15. Merritt

Merritt
    is a Pre-Contributor

Recently there was a change to /ds to display icons instead of names. I was hoping that there could be a toggleable option (maybe in chat settings) that /ds searches could be names instead of icons, and that at least broadcasted !ds searches could be just names rather than showing a list of icons? As it stands it's actually pretty distracting to see all the icons rather than just the names in chat.

update: I really do like that the names that have been added allow you to link directly to the dex, although I'd still appreciate an option to make the icons not show up. Keeping the direct link to the dex is actually a really good change imo, so if possible keeping that with just text dexsearch results would be nice.
    Snap, Ninjadog~, Drew and 2 others like this.
  16. Leona Moon

Leona Moon

I am interested in pokemon of lower tiers too, and checking each tier one by one is simply out of the question.

I gathered my information by testing Snorlax vs Ditto in OU. Snorlax was significantly stronger with every attack.
  17. Tiksi

Ditto doesn't copy the HP stat when transforming (intended mechanic), which is likely why.
    Amaluna likes this.
  18. Leona Moon

Leona Moon

Went ahead and tested again. Can confirm, you are correct.
  19. Taistelu

Taistelu

I used it as an example since that was what you said, the filter also applies for lower tiers too (and higher)
  20. Eragonnogare

Eragonnogare

I would like a doubles anything goes gamemode, I think that would be really fun!
  21. Tiksi

Singles Anything Goes was made for Mega Rayquaza, but since Mega Rayquaza is not overpowering in (and is legal in) Doubles Ubers, it is unlikely that Doubles AG will be a metagame.
    Taistelu likes this.
  22. Eragonnogare

Eragonnogare

I just feel that since anything goes also allows OHKOS, among other things banned in normal battles, it could be fun and show some unique strategies, and interesting teams if there was a doubles version, allowing some fun interactions with different pokemon, and could be at least something cool just because anything goes has some fun and unique things, doubles could bring some interesting team ideas into creation.
  23. Tiksi

There would indeed be differences, but I mentioned Mray to point out that singles AG was only created due to a unique and extreme situation where a Pokemon's forme had no place to be used (too OP for Uber); unless a similar situation arises for Doubles, while there would be advantages to having a Doubles AG, the fact is that it has a very low chance of actually happening.
    Sondero likes this.
  24. Eragonnogare

Eragonnogare

Ok, I hadn't realized it was created for super broken pokemon, I just thought it was for people to be able to have fun with OHKOs and things of that nature.
  25. LegendaryMouse

LegendaryMouse

/roomevents in most rooms is informative, however events scheduled weeks in advance do give dates, but not the absolute amount of time before the event is scheduled to begin. Since timezone naming gets quite confusing where DST is implemented, users from other countries may not know exactly when these events are scheduled. http://prntscr.com/fmvxaf is how the current table looks like. Would it be possible to add a fourth column, displaying 'time remaining', where the time remaining is the absolute time left in terms of days and hours? This could help users with scheduling and attendance. (The time remaining won't be a real-time countdown, instead it'll just show how much time is remaining when the command is entered)
    coinboy and Acast like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)