1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Vacate, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Tiksi

Tiksi feeling starstruck?
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Singles Anything Goes was made for Mega Rayquaza, but since Mega Rayquaza is not overpowering in (and is legal in) Doubles Ubers, it is unlikely that Doubles AG will be a metagame.
    Taistelu likes this.
  2. Eragonnogare

Eragonnogare

I just feel that since anything goes also allows OHKOS, among other things banned in normal battles, it could be fun and show some unique strategies, and interesting teams if there was a doubles version, allowing some fun interactions with different pokemon, and could be at least something cool just because anything goes has some fun and unique things, doubles could bring some interesting team ideas into creation.
  3. Tiksi

Tiksi feeling starstruck?
    is a Battle Server Moderator

There would indeed be differences, but I mentioned Mray to point out that singles AG was only created due to a unique and extreme situation where a Pokemon's forme had no place to be used (too OP for Uber); unless a similar situation arises for Doubles, while there would be advantages to having a Doubles AG, the fact is that it has a very low chance of actually happening.
    Sondero likes this.
  4. Eragonnogare

Eragonnogare

Ok, I hadn't realized it was created for super broken pokemon, I just thought it was for people to be able to have fun with OHKOs and things of that nature.
  5. LegendaryMouse

LegendaryMouse

/roomevents in most rooms is informative, however events scheduled weeks in advance do give dates, but not the absolute amount of time before the event is scheduled to begin. Since timezone naming gets quite confusing where DST is implemented, users from other countries may not know exactly when these events are scheduled. http://prntscr.com/fmvxaf is how the current table looks like. Would it be possible to add a fourth column, displaying 'time remaining', where the time remaining is the absolute time left in terms of days and hours? This could help users with scheduling and attendance. (The time remaining won't be a real-time countdown, instead it'll just show how much time is remaining when the command is entered)
    coinboy and Acast like this.
  6. AdamC137

AdamC137

Just wondering, have the Devs for Showdown considered/started work on a Pokémon Battle Royale, like in SuMo? Like, a Free For All. I'd love to try that here.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)