Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be useful sort battle list for descending rating on PS?
What about that?

Another valid suggestion (IMO) could be give a <name> for custom set we use import team in Damage Calculator application. This feature would allow a "named" storage of pokemon sets, so it's easier to see more than one time.

Last edited:
I would like to see a tier called "Stat Switch" come to Pokemon showdown where all the stats are switched with its counterpart.

HP <---> Speed
Atk <---> SpA
Def <---> SpD

Just noticed there was a meta game called that. Was wondering why it looked familiar. But instead of just the lowest and highest stat being switched. I think it would be fun to have a meta game where the stats are switched like above

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Just noticed there was a meta game called that. Was wondering why it looked familiar. But instead of just the lowest and highest stat being switched. I think it would be fun to have a meta game where the stats are switched like above
Regardless, this is really something you'd want to propose in OM Submissions not here.

Make sure you read the submission rules in this thread first.

Hello I made an account solely to make this suggestion because this issue is really killing me. Also, when I asked other what they thought they agreed with me so I know it would be appreciated. Currently, when a Pokemon, Move, Ability etc is 'banned' it only displays the word 'Banned' and nothing else. This is a big issue when making hackmon teams. all abilities teams etc. It is a big inconvenience to not be able to see the affects of what you choose. Even if you were some kind of genius and remembered every stat ever, it is still easier to visualise your team when you can see the moves, etc. For this reason I am making a suggestion that instead of having 'Banned' take over the whole text space, you leave the stats of the 'Banned' things where they were so people can read them, however you should maybe give a red tint to the text so people know its banned. Another thing you could do is just put 'Banned' in the corner of the box so everyone can see it this way. Overall, I think this would make building teams a lot easier and quicker, as it is very annoying to use a command EVERYTIME a move is banned, which is nearly 100% of the time in hackmons and other game modes of this nature. Please take into consideration this suggestion and I hope you implement it in some way in the future, thank you.

Hi, I would like to suggest allowing room bots to use !htmlbox and !showimage in groupchats, it would make the process of testing out it's capabilities easier because not everyone who owns a bot is a global staff member.

Suggestion:
When you click on your name, change the name of the button that says "Change name" to create new account.
This more accurately reflects what it's true function is, otherwise it's incredibly misleading. It implies you can change your accout name, which you can't. You can tell it's a new account when you change names because the account-creation timestamp and ranking scores are reset.

Either that, or make it so that "changing" your name actually just changes your name, and not create a new account.

Suggestion: While searching for moves in Teambuilder it only says Banned and not effects bp and accuracy. it would be good if it said Banned and explained its BP accuracy and effects. Another suggestion is that if you guys will add attack animations. Its not like big of a deal and i know it will take lots of work but... it will be awesome. And also it would be helpful if you could search pokemon by tier in teambuilder. (For Ex. search grass and then click Tier button and pokemon by tier will pop up)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been suggested before but it would be an awesome addition to the site if there was a tutorial that newly created accounts had an option to opt-in/out of when their account is first created. This could begin with a largescale tutorial explaining how to navigate PS and work the battle simulator, and then could even further be managed by RO's to have custom tutorials for new users in their room. The way I saw this in my head was not something visually intensive that would turn off new users, but more along the line of non-intrusive speech bubbles that can appear and explain certain features, and naturally guide the learning experience of new users.

If this is something that could happen I'll edit back with some visual examples, more details, and room-specific examples I had in mind

Can we get some changes on the Random Double? Seriously, some things are just pointless and ruin almost every battle me or other person get one of these Pokémon:
-Kyurem-B with Hone Claws and ONLY Ice Beam as an attack move
-Alomomola with over 200 on ATK and 96 on Sp. ATK and only Scald as an attacking move
-Tangrowth, Exeggcutor, Whimsicott, Tropius and Maractus only having Chlorophyll as the ability when they have other SO MUCH BETTER
-Wobbuffet having Safeguard. Not much useful when is so freaking slow. Give BOTH counter moves (Counter and Mirror Coat) sometimes then

And while I may see this as something part of the "luck" factor, make the Pokémon have at least one move that is not immune to some. EX Zekrom with only Bolt Strike

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suggestion: Make it so that you can entirely (aka get rid of it entirely, not just the w/l) delete formats from your /rank, since my weedmons and shitmons rankings are currently more cluttering than useful lol.

Other Suggestion: if you have both the same global rank and room rank in a room, that when you click on your name on the userlist, it shows both the room rank and the global rank

Other Other Suggestion: Have the name of of online users bolded when you do /auth, similarly to how they names are bolded when the ranked member is in the room when you do /roomauth

A concern regarding that last one would be not letting the admins have privacy, but they are often online in a room that is now public, so... maybe?welp its not as public as i thought. That one's probably a no.

I have a suspicion that I've suggested one of these before but I couldn't find any of them in the past ten pages

Yet Another Suggestion: To show star/player rank on /groups and !groups

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see an offline PS version to play against bot with various difficulty levels, tiers, monotype, random and a good variety of metagame.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Can we get some changes on the Random Double? Seriously, some things are just pointless and ruin almost every battle me or other person get one of these Pokémon:
-Kyurem-B with Hone Claws and ONLY Ice Beam as an attack move
-Alomomola with over 200 on ATK and 96 on Sp. ATK and only Scald as an attacking move
-Tangrowth, Exeggcutor, Whimsicott, Tropius and Maractus only having Chlorophyll as the ability when they have other SO MUCH BETTER
-Wobbuffet having Safeguard. Not much useful when is so freaking slow. Give BOTH counter moves (Counter and Mirror Coat) sometimes then

And while I may see this as something part of the "luck" factor, make the Pokémon have at least one move that is not immune to some. EX Zekrom with only Bolt Strike
tagging The Immortal because I don't remember who was doing the updates for rand doubles before (Audiosurfer did some I know, but that's all I got on this)

I think someone need to look at how unbalanced the random triples matches team match-ups are. The teams are so unbalanced to the point where on person has no chance against the other and may as well not play the match. This is not just a one off case. I have currently been on a streak of 15 unwinnable matches (going from 1500 to almost 1100) and this is not the first time that its happened. If this is sorted I think it will bring back the fun to this format as its getting to the stage where its not worth playing.

Example one of many:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randomtriplesbattle-429439250

Last edited:
bulky: dragon/steel type with levitatefast: poison/dragon type with adaptability

All I want is a better counter as a dragon type user against fairies like a bulky dragon/steel type that can use levitate or a third evolution for dragalge as it should be faster in my opinion. the goodra already is already enough to use against special attackers. My team consist of dragonite, garchomp, mega-altaria, hydriegon(that should become the steel type), goodra and kingdra. I have 3 pokemon that can easily be ko'ed but I want to lower it to just 1 which is dragonite. switching hydriegon's typing to steel/dragon (could be an alolan form) and making a posion/dragon with stats a bit similar to garchomp is all I want to make a non-legendary dragon type team.

My team: dragonite, kingdra, mega-altaria, garchomp, hydriegon, goodra

bulky: dragon/steel type with levitatefast: poison/dragon type with adaptability

All I want is a better counter as a dragon type user against fairies like a bulky dragon/steel type that can use levitate or a third evolution for dragalge as it should be faster in my opinion. the goodra already is already enough to use against special attackers. My team consist of dragonite, garchomp, mega-altaria, hydriegon(that should become the steel type), goodra and kingdra. I have 3 pokemon that can easily be ko'ed but I want to lower it to just 1 which is dragonite. switching hydriegon's typing to steel/dragon (could be an alolan form) and making a posion/dragon with stats a bit similar to garchomp is all I want to make a non-legendary dragon type team.

My team: dragonite, kingdra, mega-altaria, garchomp, hydriegon, goodra
This thread is for suggestions for Showdown, not suggestions for new Pokemon since we aren't Gamefreak and don't add any fakemons except for CAPs, since they're a Smogon project.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Suggestion: /weak or /weakness should work for multiple Pokemon.

e.g. /weak Darmanitan, Goodra

Weak to: Rock, Ground, Dragon
Neutral to: Normal, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ghost, Psychic, Dark
Resists: Bug, Steel, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Fairy

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Not showing that "Illegal" next to legal stuff for some Other Metagames on the teambuilder. For example, for AAA,
s1.PNG

And also, showing the "Illegal" next to stuff that are actually illegal whereas the teambuilder shows that it isn't. For example, for AAA,
s2.PNG

Sorry if the post didn't make sense.

Something like having battle videos having favourites/able to see videos that others have played, but you have clicked the upload button to see it later.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Not showing that "Illegal" next to legal stuff for some Other Metagames on the teambuilder. For example, for AAA,
View attachment 68948

And also, showing the "Illegal" next to stuff that are actually illegal whereas the teambuilder shows that it isn't. For example, for AAA,
View attachment 68949

Sorry if the post didn't make sense.
For that to work you'd have to have a separate teambuilder for every single OM since the legalities are the same in all other tiers that don't alter any other Pokemon. Shouldn't the Verify team button be enough for most situations?

Can Replay.PokemonShowdown.com have a delete option for replays?

I'd like to make a suggestion that would benefit almost everyone who plays competitively on smogon tours.
In regards to the replay.pokemonshowdown.com, I'd like an option where you can delete certain replays or just all of them at once.
This is due to people Counter Teaming(and people really do this to an extent lol) weeks before important matches to know your sets and play style and knowing what teams you use best. It's just to make things run smoothly for all who want fair matches. I know a lot of people around important tours make a bunch of CC1v1 replays just to clear theirs up so people wouldn't steal their teams either. I really have been wondering why we haven't had this tool yet, and I'm sure a good majority of people would agree with me and benefit greatly from it too.
It's nothing farfetch'd at all so I don't see any issues on why it shouldn't be implemented, seeing as it's a really simple implement that would help a lot.
i'm here for the same reason, i want to suggest a feature to avoid scouting on SD that actually is very easy to do.
Thanks for the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)