Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance of an additional OU tier being added, but with unreleased megas being available? There are so many great unreleased megas like lopunny, diance, medicham, and manectric which would add an extra dimension to the OU meta. There is no suggestion as to when these megas will be officially released, and I think it would be incredibly unfortunate if these mons never get to make an impact in OU just because they are officially released. Thanks!

Is there any chance of an additional OU tier being added, but with unreleased megas being available? There are so many great unreleased megas like lopunny, diance, medicham, and manectric which would add an extra dimension to the OU meta. There is no suggestion as to when these megas will be officially released, and I think it would be incredibly unfortunate if these mons never get to make an impact in OU just because they are officially released. Thanks!
You would submit it here http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/om-submissions.398/, following the rules here http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rules-general-information.3587440/#post-7104234
Last gen, there was something of this sort known as unreleased ou http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/unreleased-ou.3566186/ if you want an example of what that would entail.

I think that it's foolish to not have a total reset of the ladder, including user /rank. There are so many formats which people don't want or even need there anymore, eg outdated OMs and gen7 formats. The new ladder obviously becomes the latter. Currently, ORAS is sitting as regular "OU" or "UU" for example. Why have the new gens saying "gen7 UU" when a full clear of /rank can be done? It's also a lot less confusing for users.

A lot of people don't like how their /rank looks as well. To type /rank for a lot of users is pretty much the same as typing /clear. Granted, it is that users' fault for playing so many metagames on one account, but with a fresh start to a new generation i don't see why it shouldn't be done. Naturally, old gens should be left out of the clear since they don't change anymore. But anything that has changed with the current metagame imo should just be cleared. So yeah that's my suggestion

Team compositions should generate a unique hash, visible at the start of the match. This would alow tournaments where players should use the same team in bo3 or through the entire tournament to run smoothly. The player would need to present the hash for his team before the round or as he signs up for the tournament. Note that the hash should take the player name into account to allow the use of public teams without being scouted by a commonly know hash.

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So I want to suggest a suggestion regarding PMs:

When someone is typing something in PMs to a specific user (and hasn't posted it yet), then the user will be notified that the other user is typing something. Can be like this: [User] is typing....

Shahdow

Banned deucer.
Turn off autoconfirm in the Lobby. I fucking hate autoconfirm. Pretty sure the only reason it exists is because the mods got too lazy to do their job (warn/mute/lock people) so instead of doing their job, they just added "autoconfirm" so that they wouldn't have to deal with (most) people…

Seriously though, if you don't want to turn it off during the day, can you at least have it off at night (around 12-6 A.M. EST)? The Lobby is usualy dead at those hours, especially with autoconfirm being on.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Turn off autoconfirm in the Lobby. I fucking hate autoconfirm. Pretty sure the only reason it exists is because the mods got too lazy to do their job (warn/mute/lock people) so instead of doing their job, they just added "autoconfirm" so that they wouldn't have to deal with (most) people…

Seriously though, if you don't want to turn it off during the day, can you at least have it off at night (around 12-6 A.M. EST)? The Lobby is usualy dead at those hours, especially with autoconfirm being on.
Turning off modchat at night is worse because there are less (or even no) roomauth on, so one spammer/troll could cause greater "harm"
Modchat is a per-room thing so you'd have to talk to the lobby ROs or something.

Edit: if you want to alt in ac chat: start out with ac account, and then change to non-ac account. You'll be able to talk in ac chat until you close ps/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't really a suggestion, but rather a fix that you should implement 100% if you want all tournaments on PS to not be fraudulent. Whoever designed the bracket system on PS did a poor job and basically did it wrong.

Let's say we have players A, B, and C, in addition to other unimportant players in the tournament. Assuming a 16 man bracket, A and B play first round. A wins, B goes to losers. C plays against someone else and wins. C must play against A. On PS, if A loses here, they play B in losers right away, assuming B wins their first losers round. However, in a proper bracket, this is not the case. A should end up on almost the complete opposite side of the bracket.

Basically, I suggest you make a mock Challonge bracket and look to see how seeding actually works and how/where people get placed into the loser's bracket when they lose. As of now, it's completely incorrect and basically invalidates all double elimination tournaments' results. Honestly everything about how the bracket looks and stuff is terrible, just copy Challonge and let that be the end of it.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey I'd really like a system where room owners without global auth can request an active global to go to their room; while I can see how it'd get annoying it'd be really nice to have auth on when there's only one RO available (and they want to make dinner!)
This isn't really a suggestion, but rather a fix that you should implement 100% if you want all tournaments on PS to not be fraudulent. Whoever designed the bracket system on PS did a poor job and basically did it wrong.

Let's say we have players A, B, and C, in addition to other unimportant players in the tournament. Assuming a 16 man bracket, A and B play first round. A wins, B goes to losers. C plays against someone else and wins. C must play against A. On PS, if A loses here, they play B in losers right away, assuming B wins their first losers round. However, in a proper bracket, this is not the case. A should end up on almost the complete opposite side of the bracket.

Basically, I suggest you make a mock Challonge bracket and look to see how seeding actually works and how/where people get placed into the loser's bracket when they lose. As of now, it's completely incorrect and basically invalidates all double elimination tournaments' results. Honestly everything about how the bracket looks and stuff is terrible, just copy Challonge and let that be the end of it.
I'd be super down for properly seeded PS tours, but you're being kinda rude about something that's probably a long term goal :(

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey I'd really like a system where room owners without global auth can request an active global to go to their room; while I can see how it'd get annoying it'd be really nice to have auth on when there's only one RO available (and they want to make dinner!)
There is the "pm Help mods" method, but having a more precise method ROs can initiate may be worth looking into, especially as such an idea is less spammy than an alert automatically pinging (e.g. when a room is staffless)

There is the "pm Help mods" method, but having a more precise method ROs can initiate may be worth looking into, especially as such an idea is less spammy than an alert automatically pinging (e.g. when a room is staffless)
For what it's worth, I think having this option open to all room staff instead of just the RO would be more useful, as oftentimes the last staff member in the room isn't an RO, but rather a mod or even a driver. It might even be good to open it up to voices in case the last staff member has to leave very suddenly or forgets.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
deadass forgot the Help room exists, but at the same time having an alert go to the staff room would allow people who actually see it to respond (instead of sending PMs that may not get answered because someone got up from their keyboard)

I'd be super down for properly seeded PS tours, but you're being kinda rude about something that's probably a long term goal :(
The random seeding is fine for now, I just don't like how the random seeding gets messed up when it transfers over into losers bracket. I feel like that should be a relatively easy fix

I would like to be able to manage my own list of replays. This would include, marking them as public or private, as deleting them may trouble mods with conflict issues. Also, on my own ladder record page, I would like to be able to remove metas I don't play regurally as to remove the clutter.

This is more of a usage-stats-request but I would love to analyse how much I lead with two specific Pokémon. Currently I'm doing it in an Excel-sheet but if there is something like a /top10leads for each PS!-account, it would make my analyses so much better and easier :D

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suggestion to add room-specific highlights with a command such as /roomhighlight so that if a certain room's highlight words are said in another room (such as someone saying triviasignups in scavengers), it doesn't mass highlight.

Hello, I would like a section in Pokémon Showdown whereby people can post teams and we can use them freely, for example I make a team for gen 7 OU and post the information for the team under gen 7 OU teams, then anyone looking for a team can go there, quickly copy the team and paste it and use it themselves, thank you, my Pokémon Showdown username is Lkizzle

I'd like to suggest that the different Terrain effects have different visual effects, now that the Tapu have made them very common. I often find myself confused as to which terrain is active.

Can there be some sort of option to ignore HTML stuff that owners and globals put in rooms? Stuff like htmlboxes and !showimage. It's pretty stupid that I'm forced to see these things and it can lead to potentially undesirable things. Scotteh himself has shown me that he can literally tell what operating system I'm on and more simply from using it. There should be an option to ignore something like that.

So since /mute and /ban show ac alts, can /warn do the same thing please? It'd be nice if I can /warn a troll and recognize their alt name immediately. Right now I need to wait for them to troll more before taking the appropriate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)