1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Suicide...?

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by TRC Boss Lux, Oct 20, 2010.

1. TRC Boss Lux

TRC Boss Lux

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, and if not, I am sorry.

Anyway, is it really appropriate for people to be posting things on others pages encouraging them to "kill themselves", with all of the young people who have been in the media recently for committing suicide? Especially if you are going to bash them with their sexuality...I mean, seriously?

Example:

apparently you are a strict believer in the "caps lock cruise control for cool" thing so i guess this will be easy. where to start, where to start? is it the fact that you're a talentless loser (who, judging from your pictures is very likely androgynous) that enjoys making himself feel better via flaming others on a pokemon forum? or is it the fact that you are probably one of the most homosexual people i have ever seen, judging from your visitor message convo (LOL /me suck dick!!!!)? either way, i highly suggest leaving and never coming back as a welcome alternative to any and all activities that you are currently partaking in! this includes suicide as well, since i'm pretty sure androgynous emo boys are not in high demand -- especially when they look as if puberty is a far off twinkle in their pre-pubescent eye. anyway, have fun being a raging douchebag.

Received Oct 20th, 2010 7:08:06 PM from: Bad Ass

Granted, I was in the middle of a rather heated conversation with another member when he sent this, and he was trying to defend him I guess? However, our conversation before this was not out of hand and he had no part in it...and we certainly didn't encourage anyone to hurt themselves! This really didn't faze me at all, I'm in no danger of hurting myself, but I have seen the news recently and what happens when someone like this finds a person that is impressionable and that will hurt themselves? Then what?

Don't get me wrong, I'm an asshole in every since of the word, but I would NEVER tell someone to go kill themselves, and especially not if I was bringing someones sexuality into the situation...I have no idea what strangers are going through or what stat they are in...that's stupid and dangerous!

Anyways, if this is not the right place to post this, I didn't see anywhere else when I was looking through the forums...You should really have a place for issues like this...before someone like the guy above finds the right person to attack, and the next National Enquirer reads "Teen Commits Suicide After Being Bullied Over Pokemon Site"...

Seriously...that's not cool...and this is coming from a complete tool...

http://alltimenews.net/four-us-teens-bullied-for-being-gay-commit-suicide-in-a-monthdharun-ravi/
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

I was going to just delete this (it was originally posted in The Suggestion Box). However, after an entertaining PM exchange with the author, I decided this deserves to be put in the public pillory.

The takeaway: Eo Ut Mortus is not a staff member.
  3. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

poor eo
  4. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The best part is that there is actually specific legal protection for the owners of public forums that make them not liable for comments made by their members. If you want a chuckle, go look up DiMeo vs. Max- a case where a person attempted to sue the owner of a website for comments made by his forum-goers. By law, interactive internet sites are protected from liability for any actions performed by third party members.

"suck it up"
  5. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I agree with this statement:
    Eo for Secretary of Smogon.
  6. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This needs to be linked to the Eo / Great Sage trolling chronicles of "This is Rich."

In fact, there should be a thread dedicated to Great Sage trolling Eo. Absolutely brilliant (though I feel sorry for Eo).
  7. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

what the hell great sage? our users are being told to KILL YOURSELVES and you're seriously not going to do anything about it? why can't you just do your job?
  8. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

lol i love how he goes from completely belligerent and persistent to acting all smug when he thinks he's going to win. also

i actually laughed out loud
  9. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Great Sage how could you troll an honest user like that?

I suggest that you kill yourself.
  10. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

hey others helped :(

It was like all of c&c at one point, lol.

Feel free to PM Eo for c&c tutoring.
  11. Reverb

Reverb Aegislash is not broken
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Oh this guy is the leader of Team Rocket / Team Plasma now I guess. How will people take him seriously now?

(sarcasm is implied)
  12. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Down with Great Sage.
  13. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

i agree, we need way more moderator like that

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)