Suicune [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

BARK BARK

[Overview]

<p>Suicune is one the unsung heroes of the Doubles metagame. Withagreat pure-Water typing, excellent bulk, and a great movepool, Suicune can fit onto a variety of teams. It can provide great support and Speed control to a team through Tailwind and Icy Wind, without being dead weight like some other defensive Pokemon. The only thing letting Suicune down is its mediocre base Speed. However, this isn't as big of a deal in Doubles as it is in Singles and can be mitigated easily.</p>

[Set]
name: Bulky Support
move 1: Scald
move 2: Snarl
move 3: Icy Wind / Tailwind
move 4: Protect / Rest
item: Sitrus Berry / Wacan Berry / Chesto Berry
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 140 SpD / 116 Spe

[Set Comments]

<p>With defensive investment and supporting moves, this set aims to reduce your opponent's team's offensive capabilities, in addition to still dealing damage and letting your teammates come in more easily. This set also tries to force switches from your opponents, disrupting their entire strategy. Snarl and Icy Wind are two great spread attacks with a 100% chance of lowering the opponent's Special Attack and Speed, respectively, which is a big deal in a metagame all about Speed and power control. Tailwind is something every person should consider when running Suicune, as it is easily one of the best users of the move in the game. Scald is the STAB move of choice due to its 30% chance to burn opponents, which makes fora total of three stat-reducing moves. Protect is the obvious choice in the last slot to prevent damage and effects for a turn; however, Rest allows Suicune to stick around longer and cause even more mischief.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Suicune's EVs are highly specific. After an Icy Wind, it outspeeds up to base 110s, a Speed tier most notably including Latias and Latios. Suicune's bulk allows it to live Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteors from Timid Latios and Modest Hydreigon with plenty of HP to spare. Coupled with Snarl, Suicune can further lower their Special Attack stats, crippling them and forcing them to switch. The item selection here depends on what role Suicune plays on your team and how long it needs to be around to do what you need it to. While Sitrus Berry is usually the better choice, Wacan Berry will give Suicune a one-time safety net from Electric attacks,while Chesto Berry can let Suicune Rest off any damage and ailments and get right back into the action. Between burns, Snarl and Icy Wind, Suicune's job is to cripple the opponent's offense and cause mayhem,which it does with aplomb. This Suicune works well with Intimidate support and Light Screen, making Hitmontop, Cresselia, Gyarados, and Salamence all good partners. Be wary of Tornadus and Bisharp, though, as their Defiant ability can make them very hard to deal with if you spam stat-lowering moves willy-nilly.</p>

[Set]
name: Offensive Tailwind
move 1: Tailwind
move 2: Scald / Hydro Pump
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Protect / Roar
item: Wacan Berry / Sitrus Berry
nature: Timid
evs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe

[Set Comments]

<p>Suicune's Tailwind set is one of its better sets in Doubles. Access to Tailwind while being resistant to Ice-types moves gives Suicune a very important niche, thanks to all of the Icy Winds flying around. Tailwind support, although sometimes inferior to other forms of Speed control, is a very solid and easy way to make everything on your team super-fast, giving average to low Speed Pokemon a chance to run over the opposing team for four turns, counting the turn Tailwind is used. The choice of moves following Tailwind is up to the player. Scald offers a good 30% burn chance, while Hydro Pump gives Suicune a huge punching tool, albeit a bit less accurate. Ice Beam gives it good coverage against everything but other Water-types. The last move depends on what your team needs. Protect is an obvious choice in Doubles, giving Suicune a full turn of protection from everything bar passive weather effects. Roar,however, has the interesting effect of being able to phaze out Trick Room-inducers just before they can set up, which is important as Tailwind teams usually fare horribly in Trick Room.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Suicune's EVs let it outspeed all positive-natured base 70s. This includes Politoed, Cloyster, and the ever-important Breloom. Outrunning Breloom lets Suicune get off a Tailwind before it can be Spored. Also, after Tailwind is up, Suicune outspeeds even Choice Scarf Latios. Maximum investment in Special Attack gives Suicune as much power as possible. There's nothing better than surprising your opponent with a very powerful Hydro Pump coming off what is usually seen as a wall. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP to complement Suicune's already high natural bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe with a Modest nature for more power in exchange for bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe with a Timid nature for a far bulkier set than the earlier mentioned one that still retains a punch.</p>

<p>The item choice here is usually dependent on what your team needs more. Wacan Berry is more useful overall, as Electric-type attacks are far more common than Grass-type attacks and Suicune's natural bulk can only let it take so much. After all, Sitrus Berry is of no use if you're already dead. Sitrus does have its uses though, especially on sand and hail teams where passive damage can add up quickly. Water Gem could also be used to give Suicune a powerful one-time nuke.</p>

<p>This particular set works well on bulky offense teams, where members hit really hard and can take hits but lack the Speed to do a lot of damage to the other team. Grass-types make really great partners in particular, as their STABs hit the main thing Suicune can't, namely bulky Water-types. Breloom is one of the best partners Suicune could ask for, as it forces the opponent to make it a priority while Suicune sets up, thus letting the two go to town on the opponent in tandem with one another. Amoonguss is another great partner, almost guaranteeing Tailwind being set up with the Rage Powder and Spore support it can provide. Amoonguss also gives your team a bit of cushion against Trick Room teams thanks to its low Speed. Abomasnow is also a good partner, as it lets Suicune use Blizzard over Ice Beam, thus giving Suicune a great spread attack. Abomasnow also provides a Grass-type STAB attack for dealing with bulky Water-types.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Suicune has a few other great options it can run, though they are usually better used by other Pokemon. It has the ability to set literally any weather manually,notably rain and hail, making it a good fit on weather teams who could use an additional bulky weather setter. Additionally, Suicune has access to Calm Mind, which can make for a very interesting last Pokemon situation with its ChestoRest set. Overall, any set that plays off of Suicune's excellent bulk will usually work well.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Suicune's biggest threat is Thundurus. With Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave as well as a strong STAB Thunderbolt, Thundurus can hit Suicune hard, dealing massive damage, or just screw up any sort of set up Suicune attempts and paralyze a good majority of your team before it finally gets taken out. Other threats are faster attackers with super effective coverage, including, but not limited to, Shaymin-S, Ludicolo under rain, and Zapdos as well as Latios, Latias and to a lesser degree, Hydreigon, who all resist Suicune's STAB Water-type attacks; the last three can all hit Suicune hard with a Draco Meteor. Another threat is Ferrothorn, who hits Suicune super effectively, only really fears a burn from Scald, and doesn't care about Icy Wind and Snarl in the slightest. This is also true for Kyurem-B, as it almost always carries Fusion Bolt and is bulky enough to shrug off any attack Suicune carries. Gastrodon is a great bulky check, as it walls Suicune completely, absorbing its STAB Water-type moves. Chlorophyll users are another big threat, especially Sawsbuck and Lilligant. With their powerful Grass-type attacks, they can easily outspeed and subdue Suicune. Abomasnow also fits this description, being able to kill Suicune with Giga Drain or Wood Hammer. Finally, Defiant Pokemon cause trouble for any set that uses Icy Wind or Snarl; Bisharp is a notable example, gaining Attack boosts and threatening Suicune with powerful moves such as Sucker Punch.</p>
[Overview]
  • Bulky as all get out
  • Excellent typing
  • Good support movepool
  • Decent attack power with a good offensive movepool

[SET]
name: Tailwind
move 1: Hydro Pump / Scald
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Tailwind
item: Wacan Berry / Sitrus Berry / Water Gem
evs: 120 HP / 252 SpAtk / 136 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Bulky Tailwind setter - One of few that aren't Ice Weak
  • Only one weakness with Wacan Berry
  • Scald or H Pump depending on how much power you want.
  • Ice Beam for coverage
  • Water + Ice hits tons of things other than Bulky Waters
  • Offensive Suicune surprises and KOs plenty of threats like Terrakion/Excadrill, who expect a bulky wall
  • Protect good, Roar helps mess up Trick Room if you are TR weak, which most TW teams are

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• Outspeeds Base 70's (Breloom) before Tailwind/Scarf Latios after Tailwind
  • Max SpAtk investment for power
  • Rest dumped into HP for bulk
  • Wacan Berry gives it just 1 weakness to Grass
  • Sitrus Berry helps you stay around longer in Hail/Sand
  • Pairs well with Grass types, especially Breloom/Abomasnow
  • a set of Modest 120 HP / 252 SpAtk / 136 Spe still outspeeds Adamant Breloom with added power.

[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 140 SDef / 116 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Generally annoying and bulky
  • 2 stat lowering Spread moves + Burn Chance
  • Weather setter option
  • Protect vs Phazing comes down to how TR weak you are
  • Item is personal choice, Sitrus helps against Latios, Resist berries for weaknesses
  • Tailwind an option as well, as Suicune is a phenomenal setter

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• EVs are to outspeed base 110's after 1 Icy Wind
  • Bulk lives Draco Meteor from Gem Timid Latios and Gem Modest Hydreigon with plenty HP left
  • Icy Wind + Snarl + Burn takes down many offensive threats
  • Pair with Intimidate support or Light Screen for extra fun
  • Roar has a niche here to phaze.
  • Defiant mons are a threat due to spread stat lowering

[OTHER OPTIONS]

• Roar on Bulky set for added chaos
  • Rindo Berry optional to ease against Ludicolo
  • Can set any Manual Weather (Hail/Rain Dance/Sandstorm/Sunny Day)
  • CM set due to bulk
  • ChestoRest set possible on Offensive Tailwind

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
  • Offensive Thundurus (I and T) / Fast Taunters
  • Ferrothorn
  • Ludicolo
  • Skymin
  • Zapdos
  • Gastrodon (neutral with Ice Beam, but not doign much to it)
  • Lati@s (Icy Wind+Snarl helps, but Offensive tailwind is threatened heavily) / Hydreigon also checks in the same manner, but not as well
  • Kyurem / B checks by resisting STAB and being super bulky, KyuB carries Fusion Bolt as well
  • Abomasnow
  • Chlorophyll Abusers
  • Defiant Users

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
you know, your skeleton is supposed to get you to QC 2/3 before writing it up...

Pocket EDIT: nbd, just check the skelly that's under hide tags

oh right, I didn't see the hide tag because this was right after I woke up :o

Last edited:
I was bored and you guys were taking forever.

Changed the Hide Tags around. Write Up is hidden now. Get on it QC. :)

Last edited:
Ok, Tailwind looks pretty good, the second set I think needs a bit of revising. I feel the speed EVs are unnecessary, I'd rather put them into the defenses for more bulk, or SpA for some offensive presence, preferably the bulk. While it lets you outspeed 110's, this Suicune set has little to no offensive ability, you are not going to be able to KO a Latios after an Icy Wind, so there is really no point in being faster than it, the speed drop is going to be for your partner. I'm also feeling Roar should be in OO, not on the sets. It Checks & Counters, Taunt can give Tailwind set trouble, and Defiantmons will laugh at the Support set, you will have to rely on scoring a burn to beat them, and even then, they will always pressure you, as you will not want to spam Icy Wind and Snarl if a Defiantmon could switch in at any moment and gain a +2 boost. It is looking nice though, keep up the good work!

Ok, Tailwind looks pretty good, the second set I think needs a bit of revising. I feel the speed EVs are unnecessary, I'd rather put them into the defenses for more bulk, or SpA for some offensive presence, preferably the bulk. While it lets you outspeed 110's, this Suicune set has little to no offensive ability, you are not going to be able to KO a Latios after an Icy Wind, so there is really no point in being faster than it, the speed drop is going to be for your partner. I'm also feeling Roar should be in OO, not on the sets. It Checks & Counters, Taunt can give Tailwind set trouble, and Defiantmons will laugh at the Support set, you will have to rely on scoring a burn to beat them, and even then, they will always pressure you, as you will not want to spam Icy Wind and Snarl if a Defiantmon could switch in at any moment and gain a +2 boost. It is looking nice though, keep up the good work!
I mentioned the speed thing because after you drop their speed, you can spam snarl and start crippling them further, which is always nice, but I'll look at revising the speed.

Roar is a very easily slashed option on the Tailwind set, more so because Tailwind hates Trick Room and Phazing out the setter is one way of dealing with it. On the supporter set, it's definitely more of an OO thing, and I will move talk about it into AC.

As for taunt, I think I mention something in the write up, but it pertains more to Thundy-I, so I will look into that. I will also mention Defiant mons.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, some changes:
  • Rindo down to AC of bulky set (only notable Grass types really are Shaymin-S and Ludicolo, one who could potentially get a Special Defense drop and make you just as vulnerable as you were before)
  • First set should have 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe @ Timid, not 252 HP. Maxing out SpA gives you a 62.5% chance to OHKO Breloom, which is p. important if you're going to the trouble of outspeeding, (120 is a guaranteed 2HKO) otherwise you get put to sleep or mauled by Bullet Seed
  • Take mention of Roar out of first set. If you're setting up Tailwind you probably don't have the time to be using Roar as well and offensive presence or Taunt are usually better to stop TR (am willing to change my mind on this if other people feel otherwise though)
  • Mention in Tailwind how slower mons that appreciate the speed boost make for good partners (ik this is kinda obvious but is worth mentioning imo)
  • Mention ChestoRest as an option somewhere
  • Mention a Calm Mind set in OO (has the bulk to be kinda decent, I've used it before and while it's not main set material it's not half-bad either)
  • Mention Blizzard for when you're using Suicune in hail
  • Additional Checks and Counters: Kyurem + Kyurem-B, Zapdos, Abomasnow, Latios + Latias, Hydreigon
Sets look solid though, so I'll give you the first check

QC 1/3

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
· I would personally divide them into two sets looking like this:

Set 1
move 1: Icy Wind / Tailwind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Snarl
item: Wacan Berry / Chesto Berry

Set 2
name: Offensive Tailwind Support
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Ice beam
move 4: Protect
item: Water Gem / Wacan Berry
nature: Modest

Let's face it, Suicune should almost always be used for Tailwind-setting (and is fantastic at it), so it should have both an Offensive Tailwind set and a defensive support set with a slashed Tailwind. Mention how the offensive set can catch people off guard when their Terrakion / Excadrill gets OHKOed by a supposedly defensive wall, and how Water + Ice coverage allows it to hit many things for a lot of damage.

· I don't think you should mention Roar, as it only really helps against Trick Room. If anything, move it in OO.

· Mention that Defiant is only threatening if running Icy Wind.

· Mention Skymin as a counter.

· more stuff goes here if I feel like it :]

Ok, some changes:
  • Rindo down to AC of bulky set (only notable Grass types really are Shaymin-S and Ludicolo, one who could potentially get a Special Defense drop and make you just as vulnerable as you were before)
  • First set should have 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe @ Timid, not 252 HP. Maxing out SpA gives you a 62.5% chance to OHKO Breloom, which is p. important if you're going to the trouble of outspeeding, (120 is a guaranteed 2HKO) otherwise you get put to sleep or mauled by Bullet Seed
  • Take mention of Roar out of first set. If you're setting up Tailwind you probably don't have the time to be using Roar as well and offensive presence or Taunt are usually better to stop TR (am willing to change my mind on this if other people feel otherwise though)
  • Mention in Tailwind how slower mons that appreciate the speed boost make for good partners (ik this is kinda obvious but is worth mentioning imo)
  • Mention ChestoRest as an option somewhere
  • Mention a Calm Mind set in OO (has the bulk to be kinda decent, I've used it before and while it's not main set material it's not half-bad either)
Sets look solid though, so I'll give you the first check

QC 1/3
  • Will move Rindo down for sure. I just figured I'd slash it on for now just in case.
  • Will do. I usually opt for the bulkier set on Suicune, but I'll put the bulky spread in as an AC thing.
  • I personally love Roar against TR teams, and if it is TR, I can forgo setting Tailwind anyhow. I'll leave it as an AC instead though.
  • Roger
  • Will mention CM and ChestoRest in OO, or ChestoRest as a slash on Bulky support.
Thanks!

· I would personally divide them into two sets looking like this:

Set 1
move 1: Icy Wind / Tailwind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Snarl
item: Wacan Berry / Chesto Berry

Set 2
name: Offensive Tailwind Support
move 2: Hydro Pump
move 3: Ice beam
move 4: Protect
item: Water Gem / Wacan Berry
nature: Modest

Let's face it, Suicune should almost always be used for Tailwind-setting (and is fantastic at it), so it should have both an Offensive Tailwind set and a defensive support set with a slashed Tailwind. Mention how the offensive set can catch people off guard when their Terrakion / Excadrill gets OHKOed by a supposedly defensive wall, and how Water + Ice coverage allows it to hit many things for a lot of damage.

· I don't think you should mention Roar, as it only really helps against Trick Room. If anything, move it in OO.

· Mention that Defiant is only threatening if running Icy Wind.

· Mention Skymin as a counter.

· more stuff goes here if I feel like it :]
Those 2 sets looks strikingly similar to my own, so I'll do some editing. Again with the EVs, so I guess I have to change them after all.

Set 2 only Outspeeds Adamant Loom, not Jolly, although Timid 136 outspeeds Jolly Loom. Suicune needs 228 EVs with Modest to outspeed, making it considerably less bulky if you want to keep the 252 Modest.

Roar is an amazing move on the Tailwind set for countering Trick Room, as Tailwind teams abhor Trick Room. I'll make it the slash next to Protect and put it in the AC of Set 2 for sure.

Defiant is also an issues for Snarl sadly.

Will mention Skymin for sure.

I'll put the changes in now. changes made.

Last edited:
First off, you should specify its main niche is bulky Tailwind in the Overview. You may also want to switch the set order, bulky Tailwind is probably the better of the two. In the first set, rather than say "better" I would say "best". Also, please just put Roar in OO, its not exactly stellar with that -2 priority and in general Suicune is not built to counter Trick Room, that's Thundy's job. Amoonguss might be worth a mention as a partner, as I can use Rage Powder to help guarantee Suicune will get Tailwind up, and can counter Trick Room teams that will trouble Tailwind. I also wouldn't classify Scald as "a stat-reducing move" because 1) it inflicts a status, not stat drop, and 2) it only has a 30% chance, so you can't really say its reliable. Other Options should also mention Calm Mind, as Calm Mind Suicune can be a nuisance if provided with a lot of support. Given that I was extremely thorough, I will stamp this provided you do/look into those changes and any others that people suggest (assuming thorough wasn't thorough enough, which in my case is very plausible).

QC APPROVAL 3/3

First off, you should specify its main niche is bulky Tailwind in the Overview. You may also want to switch the set order, bulky Tailwind is probably the better of the two. In the first set, rather than say "better" I would say "best". Also, please just put Roar in OO, its not exactly stellar with that -2 priority and in general Suicune is not built to counter Trick Room, that's Thundy's job. Amoonguss might be worth a mention as a partner, as I can use Rage Powder to help guarantee Suicune will get Tailwind up, and can counter Trick Room teams that will trouble Tailwind. I also wouldn't classify Scald as "a stat-reducing move" because 1) it inflicts a status, not stat drop, and 2) it only has a 30% chance, so you can't really say its reliable. Other Options should also mention Calm Mind, as Calm Mind Suicune can be a nuisance if provided with a lot of support. Given that I was extremely thorough, I will stamp this provided you do/look into those changes and any others that people suggest (assuming thorough wasn't thorough enough, which in my case is very plausible).

QC APPROVAL 3/3
I will switch the sets' orders to put Bulky ahead of Offensive.

I am going to keep Roar right where it is on the Offensive TW set. It is an option alongside Protect, which is first in the order, because Protect is usually the best way, but Roar is an option. Phazing has a place in Dubs to counter TR, as well as get rid of setup mons.

I can add Amoongus in Additional comments, no problem.

OO already includes CM.

I'll have it done in a second. Done.

Last edited:
Add Remove
[Overview]

<p>Suicune is one the unsung heroes of the Doubles metagame. With a great pure -Water typing, excellent bulk, and a great offensive and defensive move pool, Suicune can fit onto a variety of teams. It can provide great support and speed control to a team thorrough Tailwind and Icy Wind, without being dead weight like some other defensive-based Pokemon. The only thing letting Suicune down is its lowermediocre base sSpeed. However, in Doubles, this isn’t as big of a deal as it is in Singles, and can be mitigated easily, making a usually badterrible thing quite trifling. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s Bulky SupporterThis set is a more generally annoying set than its Ooffensive Tailwind set. With much higher bulk and a morecounterpart. With defensive investment and supportiveng move pool choices, this set aims to reduce your opponents’'s teams’'s offensive capabilities, while still dealing damage and letting your team mates come in more easily, while. (period) This set also tries to forcinge switches from your opponent, generally disrupting their entire strategy. Snarl and Icy Wind are two great spread attacks with a 100% chance of lowering the opponents’'s Special Attack and Speed, (comma) respectively, which is a big deal in a metagame all about Speed and Power control. Tailwind is something every person should consider when running Suicune, as itSuicune is easily one of the best settersusers of the move in the game. Scald is the STAB move of choice, which comes with a due to its 30% chance to burn opponents, which makes for 3a total stat of 3 stat-(hyphen)reducing moves. Protect is the obvious choice in the last slot to prevent damage and effects for a turn, while; (semicolon) however, (comma) Rest allows Suicune to continue to stick around and cause evern more mischief.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs are highly specific. After an Icy Wind, it outspeeds up to Base 110’s, meaning the Latis, specifically. Its, specifically Latias and Latios. Suicune's bulk allows it to live Dragon Gem-(hyphen)boosted Draco Meteors from Timid Latios and Modest Hydreigon with plenty of HP to spare. Coupled with Snarl, itSuicune can further lower ther Special Attack stats, crippling them and forcing them to switch. The item selection here depends on what role Suicune plays on your team and how long it needs to be around to do what you need it to. While Sitrus Berry is usually the better choice overall, Wacan Berry will give youSuicune a one-time insurancesafety net from Electric attacks, andwhile Chesto Berry can lets Suicune Rest off any damage or ailments and get right back into the action. Between Bburns, Snarl and Icy Wind, Suicune’s job is to cripple the opponent’s offense and cause mayhem, and it does this jobwhich it does with aplomb. AThis Suicune with this set pairs off excellentlyorks well with Intimidate support, as well as and Light Screen, making Hitmontop, Cresselia, Gyarados, and Salamence all good partners. Be wary of Tornadus and Bisharp, (comma) though, as their Defiant ability will begin to become a burden if you spam Sstat -(hyphen)lowering moves willy -(hyphen)nilly.</p>

[SET]
move 1: Scald / Hydro Pump

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s Tailwind set is one of its better sets in Doubles. Access to Tailwind without having a weakness to Ice-typeshile being resistant to Ice-types moves gives Suicune a very important niche in Doubles, with(comma) thanks to all of the Icy Winds flying around, and resisting it makes it even better. Tailwind support, although sometimes inferior to other forms of speed control, is a very solid and easy way to make everything on your team super-fast, giving middlaverage to low speed Pokemon a chance to run over the opposing team for 4 turns, counting the turn it’Tailwind is used. The choice of moveset following Tailwind is the buildplayer’s choice. Scald offers thata good 30% burn chance, while Hydro Pump gives Suicune a huge punching tool, albeit a bit less accurate. Ice Beam gives it good coverage against everything but other Water -(hyphen)types. The last move depends on what your team needs. Protect is an obvious choice in Doubles, giving Suicune a full turn of protection from everything butar passive weather effects. Roar, (comma) however, has the interesting effect of being able to phasze out Trick Room -(hyphen)inducers just before they can set up, which is important, as Tailwind teams usually sufferfare horribly againstin Trick Room.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs let it outspeed all positive-natured base 70s. This includes Politoed, Cloyster, and the ever-(hyphen)important Breloom. Outrunning Breloom lets Suicune get off a Tailwind before it can be Spored. Also, after Tailwind is up, Suicune outspeeds even Scarf Latios. Maximum investment in Special Attack is to give Suicune as much power as possible. There's nothing better than surprising your opponent with a very powerful Hydro Pump coming off what is usually seen as a wall. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Suicune some bulk to complement its already high natural bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 28 HP / 252 SpAtk / 228 Spe with a Modest nature for more power in exchange for bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 252 HP / 120 SpAtk / 136 Spe with a Timid nature for a far bulkier set than the aforementioned one that still retains a punch. </p>

<p>The item choice here is usually dependent on what your team needs more. Wacan Berry is more useful overall, as Electric-(hyphen)type attacks are far more common than Grass-(hyphen)type attacks, and Suicune's natural bulk can only let it take so much. (period) After all, Sitrus Berry is of no use if you’re already dead. Sitrus does have its uses, (comma) though, especially in sand and hail teams, (comma) where passive damage can add up quickly. Water Gem could also be used to give Suicune a powerful one-time nuke. </p>

<p>This particular set works well in Bulky Offense teams, where members hit really hard and can take hits, but lack the speed to do a lot of damage to the other team. Grass-(hyphen)types make really great partners in particular, as their STABs hit everything Suicune can’t, namely bulky Water-(hyphen)types. Breloom is one of the best partners Suicune can ask for, as it forces the opponent to make it a priority while Suicune sets up, thus letting the two go to town on the opponent in tandem with one another. Amoonguss is another great partner, almost guaranteeing Tailwind being set up with the Rage Powder and Spore support it can provide. Amoonguss also gives your team a bit of cusion against Trick Room teams thanks to its low Speed. Abomasnow is also a good partner, as it lets Suicune use Blizzard over Ice Beam, thus giving Suicune a great Spread attack. (period) Abomasnow alsoprovides a Grass-(hyphen)type STAB attack for dealing with bulky Water-types.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Suicune has a few other great options it can run, though they are usually outclassed by other Pokemon who do the job better. As mentioned before, Suicune can take its Tailwind set and go on the Offense with it, trading Scald and Wacan Berry for Hydro Pump and a Water Gem. It alsocan do the job better. It has the ability to set literally any weather manually, especialnotably Rrain or Hand hail, making itSuicune a good fit on Wweather teams who could use an additional bulky weather setter. Additionally, itSuicune has access to Calm Mind, which can make for a very interesting Last-Mon-Standing situation with its ChestoRest set. Overall, any set that plays off of Suicune’s excellent bulk will usually work well. </p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Suicune’s biggest threat is Thundurus-I. With Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave, as well as a strong STAB Thunderbolt, Thundurus can screw uphit Suicune hard, dealing massive damage, or just screwing up any sort of set up Suicune attempts while paralyzing a good majority of your team before it finally gets taken out. Other threats are faster attackers with super effective coverage, including, but not limited to, Shaymin-S, Ludicolo under Rain, and Zapdos, as well the Lati twinLatios, Latias and, to a lesser degree, Hydreigon, who all resist Suicune's STAB and can hitWater-(hyphen)type; (semicolon) the latter three can all hit Suicune hard with a Draco Meteor. Another threat is Ferrothorn, who hits Suicune Ssuper-E effectively and only really fears a Scald Burn, but doesn’t care about Icy Wind or Snarl in the slightest. This is also true for Kyurem-Black, as it almost always carries Fusion Bolt and is bulky enough to shrug off any attack Suicune carries. Gastrodon is a great bulky check, as it walls Suicune completely, while absorbing its STAB Water-(hyphen)type moves. Chlorophyll abusers are another big threat, specifically Sawsbuck and Lilligant. With their powerful Grass -(hyphen)type attacks, they can easily outspeed and subdue Suicune. Abomasnow also fits this description, being able to kill Suicune with Giga Drain or Wood Hammer. Finally, Defiant mons makPokemon cause trouble for any set that uses Icy Wind or Snarl, especially Bisharp; (semicolon) Bisharp is a notable example, gaining Attack boosts and threatening Suicune with powerful moves likesuch as Sucker Punch.</p>

GP APPROVED 1/2

Last edited:
Add Remove
[Overview]

<p>Suicune is one the unsung heroes of the Doubles metagame. With a great pure -Water typing, excellent bulk, and a great offensive and defensive move pool, Suicune can fit onto a variety of teams. It can provide great support and speed control to a team thorrough Tailwind and Icy Wind, without being dead weight like some other defensive-based Pokemon. The only thing letting Suicune down is its lowermediocre base sSpeed. However, in Doubles, this isn’t as big of a deal as it is in Singles, and can be mitigated easily, making a usually badterrible thing quite trifling. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s Bulky SupporterThis set is a more generally annoying set than its Ooffensive Tailwind set. With much higher bulk and a morecounterpart. With defensive investment and supportiveng move pool choices, this set aims to reduce your opponents’'s teams’'s offensive capabilities, while still dealing damage and letting your team mates come in more easily, while. (period) This set also tries to forcinge switches from your opponent, generally disrupting their entire strategy. Snarl and Icy Wind are two great spread attacks with a 100% chance of lowering the opponents’'s Special Attack and Speed, (comma) respectively, which is a big deal in a metagame all about Speed and Power control. Tailwind is something every person should consider when running Suicune, as itSuicune is easily one of the best settersusers of the move in the game. Scald is the STAB move of choice, which comes with a due to its 30% chance to burn opponents, which makes for 3a total stat of 3 stat-(hyphen)reducing moves. Protect is the obvious choice in the last slot to prevent damage and effects for a turn, while; (semicolon) however, (comma) Rest allows Suicune to continue to stick around and cause evern more mischief.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs are highly specific. After an Icy Wind, it outspeeds up to Base 110’s, meaning the Latis, specifically. Its, specifically Latias and Latios. Suicune's bulk allows it to live Dragon Gem-(hyphen)boosted Draco Meteors from Timid Latios and Modest Hydreigon with plenty of HP to spare. Coupled with Snarl, itSuicune can further lower ther Special Attack stats, crippling them and forcing them to switch. The item selection here depends on what role Suicune plays on your team and how long it needs to be around to do what you need it to. While Sitrus Berry is usually the better choice overall, Wacan Berry will give youSuicune a one-time insurancesafety net from Electric attacks, andwhile Chesto Berry can lets Suicune Rest off any damage or ailments and get right back into the action. Between Bburns, Snarl and Icy Wind, Suicune’s job is to cripple the opponent’s offense and cause mayhem, and it does this jobwhich it does with aplomb. AThis Suicune with this set pairs off excellentlyorks well with Intimidate support, as well as and Light Screen, making Hitmontop, Cresselia, Gyarados, and Salamence all good partners. Be wary of Tornadus and Bisharp, (comma) though, as their Defiant ability will begin to become a burden if you spam Sstat -(hyphen)lowering moves willy -(hyphen)nilly.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s Tailwind set is one of its better sets in Doubles. Access to Tailwind without having a weakness to Ice-typeshile being resistant to Ice-types moves gives Suicune a very important niche in Doubles, with(comma) thanks to all of the Icy Winds flying around, and resisting it makes it even better. Tailwind support, although sometimes inferior to other forms of speed control, is a very solid and easy way to make everything on your team super-fast, giving middlaverage to low speed Pokemon a chance to run over the opposing team for 4 turns, counting the turn it’Tailwind is used. The choice of moveset following Tailwind is the buildplayer’s choice. Scald offers thata good 30% burn chance, while Hydro Pump gives Suicune a huge punching tool, albeit a bit less accurate. Ice Beam gives it good coverage against everything but other Water -(hyphen)types. The last move depends on what your team needs. Protect is an obvious choice in Doubles, giving Suicune a full turn of protection from everything butar passive weather effects. Roar, (comma) however, has the interesting effect of being able to phasze out Trick Room -(hyphen)inducers just before they can set up, which is important, as Tailwind teams usually sufferfare horribly againstin Trick Room.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs let it outspeed all positive-natured base 70s. This includes Politoed, Cloyster, and the ever-(hyphen)important Breloom. Outrunning Breloom lets Suicune get off a Tailwind before it can be Spored. Also, after Tailwind is up, Suicune outspeeds even Scarf Latios. Maximum investment in Special Attack is to give Suicune as much power as possible. There's nothing better than surprising your opponent with a very powerful Hydro Pump coming off what is usually seen as a wall. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Suicune some bulk to complement its already high natural bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 28 HP / 252 SpAtk / 228 Spe with a Modest nature for more power in exchange for bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 252 HP / 120 SpAtk / 136 Spe with a Timid nature for a far bulkier set than the aforementioned one that still retains a punch. </p>

<p>The item choice here is usually dependent on what your team needs more. Wacan Berry is more useful overall, as Electric-(hyphen)type attacks are far more common than Grass-(hyphen)type attacks, and Suicune's natural bulk can only let it take so much. (period) After all, Sitrus Berry is of no use if you’re already dead. Sitrus does have its uses, (comma) though, especially in sand and hail teams, (comma) where passive damage can add up quickly. Water Gem could also be used to give Suicune a powerful one-time nuke. </p>

<p>This particular set works well in Bulky Offense teams, where members hit really hard and can take hits, but lack the speed to do a lot of damage to the other team. Grass-(hyphen)types make really great partners in particular, as their STABs hit everything Suicune can’t, namely bulky Water-(hyphen)types. Breloom is one of the best partners Suicune can ask for, as it forces the opponent to make it a priority while Suicune sets up, thus letting the two go to town on the opponent in tandem with one another. Amoonguss is another great partner, almost guaranteeing Tailwind being set up with the Rage Powder and Spore support it can provide. Amoonguss also gives your team a bit of cusion against Trick Room teams thanks to its low Speed. Abomasnow is also a good partner, as it lets Suicune use Blizzard over Ice Beam, thus giving Suicune a great Spread attack. (period) Abomasnow alsoprovides a Grass-(hyphen)type STAB attack for dealing with bulky Water-types.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Suicune has a few other great options it can run, though they are usually outclassed by other Pokemon who do the job better. As mentioned before, Suicune can take its Tailwind set and go on the Offense with it, trading Scald and Wacan Berry for Hydro Pump and a Water Gem. It alsocan do the job better. It has the ability to set literally any weather manually, especialnotably Rrain or Hand hail, making itSuicune a good fit on Wweather teams who could use an additional bulky weather setter. Additionally, itSuicune has access to Calm Mind, which can make for a very interesting Last-Mon-Standing situation with its ChestoRest set. Overall, any set that plays off of Suicune’s excellent bulk will usually work well. </p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Suicune’s biggest threat is Thundurus-I. With Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave, as well as a strong STAB Thunderbolt, Thundurus can screw uphit Suicune hard, dealing massive damage, or just screwing up any sort of set up Suicune attempts while paralyzing a good majority of your team before it finally gets taken out. Other threats are faster attackers with super effective coverage, including, but not limited to, Shaymin-S, Ludicolo under Rain, and Zapdos, as well the Lati twinLatios, Latias and, to a lesser degree, Hydreigon, who all resist Suicune's STAB and can hitWater-(hyphen)type; (semicolon) the latter three can all hit Suicune hard with a Draco Meteor. Another threat is Ferrothorn, who hits Suicune Ssuper-E effectively and only really fears a Scald Burn, but doesn’t care about Icy Wind or Snarl in the slightest. This is also true for Kyurem-Black, as it almost always carries Fusion Bolt and is bulky enough to shrug off any attack Suicune carries. Gastrodon is a great bulky check, as it walls Suicune completely, while absorbing its STAB Water-(hyphen)type moves. Chlorophyll abusers are another big threat, specifically Sawsbuck and Lilligant. With their powerful Grass -(hyphen)type attacks, they can easily outspeed and subdue Suicune. Abomasnow also fits this description, being able to kill Suicune with Giga Drain or Wood Hammer. Finally, Defiant mons makPokemon cause trouble for any set that uses Icy Wind or Snarl, especially Bisharp; (semicolon) Bisharp is a notable example, gaining Attack boosts and threatening Suicune with powerful moves likesuch as Sucker Punch.</p>

GP APPROVED 1/2
Changes made. Ready for GP 2.

Thanks Shake!

Here's a version of your analysis with all the curly apostrophes changed to straight ones. I'm working on GP checking this now, but you should copypaste this first. Here's a thread explaining how to turn off the curly stuff in Word for the future.
<p>Suicune is one the unsung heroes of the Doubles metagame. With a great pure-Water typing, excellent bulk, and a great move pool, Suicune can fit onto a variety of teams. It can provide great support and speed control to a team through Tailwind and Icy Wind, without being dead weight like some other defensive Pokemon. The only thing letting Suicune down is its mediocre base Speed. However, in Doubles, this isn't as big of a deal as it is in Singles, and can be mitigated easily, making a usually terrible thing quite trifling.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is a more generally annoying set than its offensive counterpart. With defensive investment and supporting moves, this set aims to reduce your opponent's team's offensive capabilities, while still dealing damage and letting your team mates come in more easily. This set also tries to force switches from your opponent,disrupting their entire strategy. Snarl and Icy Wind are two great spread attacks with a 100% chance of lowering the opponent's Special Attack and Speed,respectively, which is a big deal in a metagame all about Speed and Power control. Tailwind is something every person should consider when running Suicune, as Suicune is easily one of the best users of the move in the game. Scald is the STAB move of choice due to its 30% chance to burn opponents, which makes fora total of 3 stat-reducing moves. Protect is the obvious choice in the last slot to prevent damage and effects for a turn; however, Rest allows Suicune to continue to stick around and cause even more mischief.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune's EVs are highly specific. After an Icy Wind, it outspeeds up to Base 110s, specifically Latias and Latios. Suicune's bulk allows it to live Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteors from Timid Latios and Modest Hydreigon with plenty of HP to spare. Coupled with Snarl, Suicune can further lower their Special Attack stats, crippling them and forcing them to switch. The item selection here depends on what role Suicune plays on your team and how long it needs to be around to do what you need it to. While Sitrus Berry is usually the better choice, Wacan Berry will give Suicune a one-time safety net from Electric attacks,while Chesto Berry can let Suicune Rest off any damage or ailments and get right back into the action. Between burns, Snarl and Icy Wind, Suicune's job is to cripple the opponent's offense and cause mayhem,which it does with aplomb.This Suicune works well with Intimidate support and Light Screen, making Hitmontop, Cresselia, Gyarados, and Salamence all good partners. Be wary of Tornadus and Bisharp, (comma) though, as their Defiant ability will begin to become a burden if you spam stat-lowering moves willy-nilly.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune's Tailwind set is one of its better sets in Doubles. Access to Tailwind while being resistant to Ice-types moves gives Suicune a very important niche in Doubles, thanks to all of the Icy Winds flying around. Tailwind support, although sometimes inferior to other forms of speed control, is a very solid and easy way to make everything on your team super-fast, giving average to low speed Pokemon a chance to run over the opposing team for 4 turns, counting the turn Tailwind is used. The choice of moves following Tailwind is the player's choice. Scald offers a good 30% burn chance, while Hydro Pump gives Suicune a huge punching tool, albeit a bit less accurate. Ice Beam gives it good coverage against everything but other Water-types. The last move depends on what your team needs. Protect is an obvious choice in Doubles, giving Suicune a full turn of protection from everything bar passive weather effects. Roar,however, has the interesting effect of being able to phaze out Trick Room-inducers just before they can set up, which is important, as Tailwind teams usually fare horribly in Trick Room.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune's EVs let it outspeed all positive-natured base 70s. This includes Politoed, Cloyster, and the ever-important Breloom. Outrunning Breloom lets Suicune get off a Tailwind before it can be Spored. Also, after Tailwind is up, Suicune outspeeds even Scarf Latios. Maximum investment in Special Attack is to give Suicune as much power as possible. There's nothing better than surprising your opponent with a very powerful Hydro Pump coming off what is usually seen as a wall. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Suicune some bulk to complement its already high natural bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 28 HP / 252 SpAtk / 228 Spe with a Modest nature for more power in exchange for bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 252 HP / 120 SpAtk / 136 Spe with a Timid nature for a far bulkier set than the aforementioned one that still retains a punch.</p>

<p>The item choice here is usually dependent on what your team needs more. Wacan Berry is more useful overall, as Electric-type attacks are far more common than Grass-type attacks, and Suicune's natural bulk can only let it take so much. After all, Sitrus Berry is of no use if you're already dead. Sitrus does have its uses, (comma) though, especially in sand and hail teams, where passive damage can add up quickly. Water Gem could also be used to give Suicune a powerful one-time nuke.</p>

<p>This particular set works well in Bulky Offense teams, where members hit really hard and can take hits, but lack the speed to do a lot of damage to the other team. Grass-types make really great partners in particular, as their STABs hit everything Suicune can't, namely bulky Water-types. Breloom is one of the best partners Suicune can ask for, as it forces the opponent to make it a priority while Suicune sets up, thus letting the two go to town on the opponent in tandem with one another. Amoonguss is another great partner, almost guaranteeing Tailwind being set up with the Rage Powder and Spore support it can provide. Amoonguss also gives your team a bit of cusion against Trick Room teams thanks to its low Speed. Abomasnow is also a good partner, as it lets Suicune use Blizzard over Ice Beam, thus giving Suicune a great Spread attack. Abomasnow also provides a Grass-type STAB attack for dealing with bulky Water-types.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Suicune has a few other great options it can run, though they are usually outclassed by other Pokemon who do the job better. It has the ability to set literally any weather manually,notably rain and hail, making Suicune a good fit on weather teams who could use an additional bulky weather setter. Additionally, Suicune has access to Calm Mind, which can make for a very interesting Last-Mon-Standing situation with its ChestoRest set. Overall, any set that plays off of Suicune's excellent bulk will usually work well.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]

<p>Suicune's biggest threat is Thundurus-I. With Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave, as well as a strong STAB Thunderbolt, Thundurus can hit Suicune hard, dealing massive damage, or just screwing up any sort of set up Suicune attempts while paralyzing a good majority of your team before it finally gets taken out. Other threats are faster attackers with super effective coverage, including, but not limited to, Shaymin-S, Ludicolo under Rain, and Zapdos, as well as Latios, Latias and, to a lesser degree, Hydreigon, who all resist Suicune's STAB Water-type; the latter three can all hit Suicune hard with a Draco Meteor. Another threat is Ferrothorn, who hits Suicune super effectively and only really fears a Scald Burn, but doesn't care about Icy Wind or Snarl in the slightest. This is also true for Kyurem-Black, as it almost always carries Fusion Bolt and is bulky enough to shrug off any attack Suicune carries. Gastrodon is a great bulky check, as it walls Suicune completely, while absorbing its STAB Water-type moves. Chlorophyll abusers are another big threat, specifically Sawsbuck and Lilligant. With their powerful Grass-type attacks, they can easily outspeed and subdue Suicune. Abomasnow also fits this description, being able to kill Suicune with Giga Drain or Wood Hammer. Finally, Defiant Pokemon cause trouble for any set that uses Icy Wind or Snarl; Bisharp is a notable example, gaining Attack boosts and threatening Suicune with powerful moves such as Sucker Punch.</p>

Edit: @BlankZero here's the GP check I was working on. Remember to copy the noncurly commas copypaste before you implement this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Suicune is one the unsung heroes of the Doubles metagame. With a great pure-Water typing, excellent bulk, and a great move pool movepool, Suicune can fit onto a variety of teams. It can provide great support and speed Speed control to a team through Tailwind and Icy Wind, (remove comma) without being dead weight like some other defensive Pokemon. The only thing letting Suicune down is its mediocre base Speed. However, in Doubles, this isn't as big of a deal in Doubles as it is in Singles, (remove comma) and can be mitigated easily, making a usually terrible thing quite trifling.</p>

[SET]
(remove blank line)
evs: 252 HP / 140 SDef SpD / 116 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set is a more generally annoying set than its offensive counterpart. With defensive investment and supporting moves, this set aims to reduce your opponent's team's offensive capabilities, while in addition to / as well as / something you prefer still dealing damage and letting your team mates teammates come in more easily. This set also tries to force switches from your opponent,disrupting opponents, disrupting their entire strategy. Snarl and Icy Wind are two great spread attacks with a 100% chance of lowering the opponent's Special Attack and Speed,respectively, which is a big deal in a metagame all about Speed and Power power control. Tailwind is something every person should consider when running Suicune, as Suicune it is easily one of the best users of the move in the game. Scald is the STAB move of choice due to its 30% chance to burn opponents, which makes fora for a total of 3 three stat-reducing moves. Protect is the obvious choice in the last slot to prevent damage and effects for a turn; however, Rest allows Suicune to continue to stick around longer and cause even more mischief.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs are highly specific. After an Icy Wind, it outspeeds up to Base base 110s, specifically a Speed tier most notably including Latias and Latios. Suicune's bulk allows it to live Dragon Gem-boosted Draco Meteors from Timid Latios and Modest Hydreigon with plenty of HP to spare. Coupled with Snarl, Suicune can further lower their Special Attack stats, crippling them and forcing them to switch. The item selection here depends on what role Suicune plays on your team and how long it needs to be around to do what you need it to. While Sitrus Berry is usually the better choice, Wacan Berry will give Suicune a one-time safety net from Electric attacks,while attacks, while Chesto Berry can let Suicune Rest off any damage or and ailments and get right back into the action. Between burns, Snarl (add comma) and Icy Wind, Suicune’s job is to cripple the opponent’s offense and cause mayhem,which mayhem, which it does with aplomb.This aplomb. This Suicune works well with Intimidate support and Light Screen support, making Hitmontop, Cresselia, Gyarados, and Salamence all good partners. Be wary of Tornadus and Bisharp, (comma) though, as their Defiant ability will begin to become a burden can make them very hard to deal with if you spam stat-lowering moves willy-nilly.</p>

[SET]
move 1: Scald / Hydro Pump Tailwind
move 2: Ice Beam Scald / Hydo Pump
move 3: Tailwind Ice Beam (I'm not QC so this move order change isn't mandatory but it seems really weird to have the first move discussed and the one the set is named after not as the first move)
evs: 120 HP / 252 SpAtk SpA / 136 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s Tailwind set is one of its better sets in Doubles. Access to Tailwind while being resistant to Ice-types moves gives Suicune a very important niche in Doubles, thanks to all of the Icy Winds flying around. Tailwind support, although sometimes inferior to other forms of speed Speed control, is a very solid and easy way to make everything on your team super-fast, giving average to low speed Speed Pokemon a chance to run over the opposing team for 4 four turns, counting the turn Tailwind is used. The choice of moves following Tailwind is the player’s choice up to the player. Scald offers a good 30% burn chance, while Hydro Pump gives Suicune a huge punching tool, albeit a bit less accurate. Ice Beam gives it good coverage against everything but other Water-types. The last move depends on what your team needs. Protect is an obvious choice in Doubles, giving Suicune a full turn of protection from everything bar passive weather effects. Roar,however, Roar, however, has the interesting effect of being able to phaze out Trick Room-inducers just before they can set up, which is important, (remove comma) as Tailwind teams usually fare horribly in Trick Room.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Suicune’s EVs let it outspeed all positive-natured base 70s. This includes Politoed, Cloyster, and the ever-important Breloom. Outrunning Breloom lets Suicune get off a Tailwind before it can be Spored. Also, after Tailwind is up, Suicune outspeeds even Choice Scarf Latios. Maximum investment in Special Attack is to give gives Suicune as much power as possible. There's nothing better than surprising your opponent with a very powerful Hydro Pump coming off what is usually seen as a wall. The remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Suicune some bulk to complement its Suicune's already high natural bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 28 HP / 252 SpAtk SpA / 228 Spe with a Modest nature for more power in exchange for bulk. Suicune can also run a spread of 252 HP / 120 SpAtk SpA / 136 Spe with a Timid nature for a far bulkier set than the aforementioned earlier mentioned one that still retains a punch.</p> (I'd recommend giving an example or two of what these spreads specifically do)

<p>The item choice here is usually dependent on what your team needs more. Wacan Berry is more useful overall, as Electric-type attacks are far more common than Grass-type attacks, (remove comma) and Suicune's natural bulk can only let it take so much. After all, Sitrus Berry is of no use if you’re already dead. Sitrus does have its uses, (remove comma) (comma) though, especially in on sand and hail teams, (remove comma) where passive damage can add up quickly. Water Gem could also be used to give Suicune a powerful one-time nuke.</p>

<p>This particular set works well in Bulky Offense on bulky offense teams, where members hit really hard and can take hits, (remove coma) but lack the speed Speed to do a lot of damage to the other team. Grass-types make really great partners in particular, as their STABs hit everything the main thing Suicune can’t, namely bulky Water-types. Breloom is one of the best partners Suicune can could ask for, as it forces the opponent to make it a priority while Suicune sets up, thus letting the two go to town on the opponent in tandem with one another. Amoonguss is another great partner, almost guaranteeing Tailwind being set up with the Rage Powder and Spore support it can provide. Amoonguss also gives your team a bit of cusion cushion against Trick Room teams thanks to its low Speed. Abomasnow is also a good partner, as it lets Suicune use Blizzard over Ice Beam, thus giving Suicune a great Spread spread attack. Abomasnow also provides a Grass-type STAB attack for dealing with bulky Water-types.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS] [Other Options]

<p>Suicune has a few other great options it can run, though they are usually outclassed better used by other Pokemon who do the job better. It has the ability to set literally any weather manually,notably manually, most notably rain and hail, making Suicune it a good fit on weather teams who could use an additional bulky weather setter. Additionally, Suicune has access to Calm Mind, which can make for a very interesting Last-Mon-Standing last Pokemon situation with its ChestoRest set. Overall, any set that plays off of Suicune’s excellent bulk will usually work well.</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS] [Checks and Counters]

<p>Suicune’s biggest threat is Thundurus-I Thundurus. With Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave, (remove comma) as well as a strong STAB Thunderbolt, Thundurus can hit Suicune hard, dealing massive damage, or just screwing screw up any sort of set up Suicune attempts while paralyzing and paralyze a good majority of your team before it finally gets taken out. Other threats are faster attackers with super effective coverage, including, but not limited to, Shaymin-S, Ludicolo under Rain rain, and Zapdos, (remove comma) as well as Latios, Latias and, (remove comma) to a lesser degree, Hydreigon, who all resist Suicune's STAB Water-type attacks; the latter last three can all hit Suicune hard with a Draco Meteor. Another threat is Ferrothorn, who hits Suicune super effectively (add comma) and only really fears a Scald Burn scald, but and doesn’t care about Icy Wind or and Snarl in the slightest. This is also true for Kyurem-Black Kyurem-B, as it almost always carries Fusion Bolt and is bulky enough to shrug off any attack Suicune carries. Gastrodon is a great bulky check, as it walls Suicune completely, while absorbing its STAB Water-type moves. Chlorophyll abusers users are another big threat, specifically especially Sawsbuck and Lilligant. With their powerful Grass-type attacks, they can easily outspeed and subdue Suicune. Abomasnow also fits this description, being able to kill Suicune with Giga Drain or Wood Hammer. Finally, Defiant Pokemon cause trouble for any set that uses Icy Wind or Snarl; Bisharp is a notable example, gaining Attack boosts and threatening Suicune with powerful moves such as Sucker Punch.</p>

GP: 2/2

Last edited:
Curlies Changed to Straights, and sorry for the spacing issues. It happened whenever I CP'd from Word back to Smogon, but I think I got them all.

This article is done and ready for Upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)