Summer Freedom IV Preliminary List

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShinySandslash said:
Also I am not really sure what you meant about Rhydon, but he is way too overpowered for BL, Rhydon should never ever be allowed in UU :(
I accidentally wrote "I won't buy for half a second that this should be OU." I fixed it.

Kadabra, trapinch, vigoroth, pupitar, shelgon, and haunter are UU, correct?

Magneton should be UU; all it does is kill skarmory, and skarmory isn't an issue in UU.

Ludicolo should be BL, as all it has really is typing.

Wynaut is a mini-wobuffet, and can whore just as badly as wobuffet. Make him OU.

Registeel is just plain cool. Make him BL so I can use him
>_>
<_<

First off... doesnt Overused mean that its used too much. Not that it has the best stats or that it dominates, but that it's overly used.

As for Underused, that means it is not used enough. Doesn't mean it has to have bad stats, it just means that people look beyond it.

What I'm trying to say is, why go switching all the tiers around based on stats? Why not keep the normal Smogon tiers. If you're trying to balance it, then there's not much point.

I can easily take my UU team and beat a OU team. UU pokemon are not always that much worse than OU pokemon. Anymore, pokemon is coming a game where if you can't deal with it, ban it. Instead of saying, "this borderline pokemon will destroy all UU pokemon, so get rid of it," you got to say "how can I find a pokemon to counter these ones that give me trouble."

In fact, if you look in the Smogon's pokedex, it gives many ways for UU pokemon to defeat OU pokemon.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
Pokemon are placed in tiers based on usage AND how well they perform in their respective tiers. The Borderline tier doesn't really work for this tournament as we regularly don't allow borderlines in the UU metagame, which means that there are plenty of Pokemon in there that would have to be changed.

i think we should just go with smogon tiers and allow no BL poke but this isn't my tournament. Also, that list is down right terrible.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Noobster said:
Pokemon are placed in tiers based on usage AND how well they perform in their respective tiers. The Borderline tier doesn't really work for this tournament as we regularly don't allow borderlines in the UU metagame, which means that there are plenty of Pokemon in there that would have to be changed.
If you haven't noticed, this is #IV. Meaning, he's run 3 other ones, and he never settled to use any "set" tiers. I don't see why you should force him to conform to the forum's standards when its quite obvious how he runs it is successful.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
I think you misunderstood me. I understand that since this tournament allows Borderlines, the tiers do have to be altered specifically for the tournament. But as a whole, Smogon does not allow borderlines in the standard UU metagame. I was also explaining how the tiers work to cougar17 in my post, nothing else.

I wasn't complaining about the tournament...
I guess what I'm trying to say is to those that are suggesting different pokemon to be moved for reasons such as "that [pokemon] beats this [pokemon] so he's too strong"

Just wanting some clarification as I already see people whoring Kadabra/Metang and Haunters in their teams, are there BL like written in the smogon tiers or is it going to be different in this tournament?

Metang lol. Though, I do have to admit Kadabra is a bit broken in this metagame, since it's just a toned down Alakazam. Hell, it has the same speed as Electabuzz and even more Sp. Atk. I know the tiers have already basically been sorted, but I would like some clarification on this matter as well.

NNEM said:
91. Cloyster - BL for sure
112. Rhydon - DEFINATELY OU.
113. Chansey - BL or UU. Chansey sucks.
169. Crobat - BL. Tons of things stops it. Gligar. Muk. Aggron.
171. Lanturn - UU. The only thing lanturn can do is annoy stuff. He might be bulky, but chances are he's not going to hurt much.
189. Jumpluff - BL for sure
196. Espeon - Make it OU (sorry Jump)
207. Gligar - UU. His attack isn't very stellar at all. Besides, he gets stopped by nearly every single non-electric special attacker. Slobro, cloyster, lunatone, psyduck, mantine, solrock, heck even lanturn.

Lanturn doesn't counter Gligar, because it can't switch in on the EQ. Hell, Gligar could switch in on the Tbolt (Or Twave), and use his Higher speed for a ohko. If Lanturn uses 52 HP evs (Since no one bothers with defence anyway), there's hardly any chance of survival, and the same is true if he goes with 236 HP Evs. At a worst case scenario, it's a 2hko, but in most cases that's on the switch in, since no one uses a Gligar to counter Lanturn anyway.

Cerberus said:
Just wanting some clarification as I already see people whoring Kadabra/Metang and Haunters in their teams, are there BL like written in the smogon tiers or is it going to be different in this tournament?
I believe Nate said UEs were allowed besides chansey.

Sworddigger said:
lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo are Ubers. Not OU.
\
Same goes for kyogre, groudon, rayquaza, deoxys forms and jirachi. They are Ubers, not OU.

Kingdra should be changed to OU.

LOL the BL status. Ursaring should be OU, and houndoom is UU AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED. And wynaut is a UU, poor thing can't stand anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)