SuMo LC Tournament - Round IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastic art by Chras

A new Pokemon generation. We are poised on the edge of a brave new world. New "little" Pokemon as Rowlet, Litten and Popplio but also Wimpod, the curious Sandygast, Pikipek, all Alola little forms and so on. And new abilities, new moves and battle mechanics. And what will happen in the meantime to Mienfoo, Scraggy, Chinchou, Fletching and its Gale Wings, or a "new" Abra with Psych Up? All these points are currently the subject of in-depth examination and analysis. And there is no better way to play a tour around that.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination tournament.
  • Ban list. Well, at the moment SuMo LC is at the moment carrying over the ORAS ban list in its entirety + Eevium Z. Therefore:
Pokemon only need to follow two rules in order to be eligible for Little Cup.
  1. All Pokemon need to be level 5.
  2. The Pokemon must be able to evolve, but be in the lowest stage of evolution. For example Pichu is legal, but Pikachu is not.
In addition to that, the following Pokemon, moves, abilities, and items are banned in Little Cup:
  • Pokemon: Scyther, Sneasel, Tangela, Yanma, Swirlix, Gligar, Murkrow, Meditite, Misdreavus, Drifloon, Porygon, Cutyfly all single-staged or evolved Pokemon, and any unevolved multi-stage Pokemon that is unavailable at Level 5.
  • Moves: Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, Swagger
  • Abilities: Moody
  • Items: Eevium Z
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's (like Ponyta or Rhydon) move set.
  • Species Clause. You cannot use the same Pokemon twice on the same team. For example, you cannot use two Abras.
  • Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
Note:
  • Replays are always welcome, remember that we're experiencing with a new metagame! Also, anything you need, just let me know and write (me) on Smogon.
  • On Showdown SuMo LC is currently identified as [Gen 7] Pokebank LC
Useful links (in progress):
Round IV

OP vs Heysup (g1 - g2 - g3)
Coconut vs Zebraiken (g1 - g2 - g3)
Kenzo vs parivard (g1 - g2 - g3)
Tricking vs Kushalos (g1 - g2 - g3)
naruto(sage) vs mad0ka (g1 - g2 - g3)
Star vs ggggd (g1 - g2 - g3)

Extensions deadline to play is January 4th at 11:59 EDT (GMT-4).
Round deadline to play is January 8th at 11:59 EDT (GMT-4).

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
(Agammemnon vs OP) vs Heysup - op x heysup is the best fight we could get honestly
(TSR vs Coconut) vs Zebraiken
Kenzo vs parivard - .-.
Tricking vs Kushalos - both r good, will depend on teams imo
naruto(sage) vs mad0ka - sssssss
Star vs ggggd - pablo will john cause hes scared like he did with madoka 1 year ago lul

lots of good fights, gl heysup and star \/\/

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
no comment for my matchup goao :-(

hmu tsr/coconut when you guys finish yours :0

It's 10 minutes past our scheduled time and aga hasn't shown up again. It's the third time we've scheduled for that I haven't seen him around. Even yesterday he was online at the same time as me and we could have played, but he logged off as soon as he saw me. This has been pretty ridiculous and I'd like to request an activity win.

It's 10 minutes past our scheduled time and aga hasn't shown up again. It's the third time we've scheduled for that I haven't seen him around. Even yesterday he was online at the same time as me and we could have played, but he logged off as soon as he saw me. This has been pretty ridiculous and I'd like to request an activity win.
p sure goao. just scared him off, not his fault.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
When Goao PM'd me I was on my pro. computer on which I do not have my teams (since they are not server-based). We scheduled our battle for yesterday but I am gonna quote myself from the message I just sent OP :
Agammemnon said:
I fell asleep because I hadn't really slept since NYE. I would like to apologize for the time you've lost throughout this round.
Two options : You can take the activity win, since this miss is 100% my fault / You can come today around the same time, I have another battle with Somalia for DPP earlier.
I would not mind you taking the activity but even if this were to happen, I would love to do our Bo3 at some point. :)

When Goao PM'd me I was on my pro. computer on which I do not have my teams (since they are not server-based). We scheduled our battle for yesterday but I am gonna quote myself from the message I just sent OP :
Agammemnon, IMHO you could talk when you joined ST with your "wrong" (because with no teams) computer. "Sorry, I have not team on this PC...etc etc"
However, I think it would be better to play today. That's what we are here for, aren't we?

Agammemnon, IMHO you could talk when you joined ST with your "wrong" (because with no teams) computer. "Sorry, I have not team on this PC...etc etc"
However, I think it would be better to play today. That's what we are here for, aren't we?
I wish I could've, but I knew I'd be busy for most of the day. It sucks to not be able to play, but I scheduled for three different times and was blown off every time without any message to let me know he couldn't make it. I wasted a lot of time that I shouldn't have needed to on trying to complete this match and I feel an activity win is more than reasonable.

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fair enough, I cannot blame OP for not being here yesterday after being the ditcher of the story several times.
That was an easy-to-win tournament, damn me.

We got one match done and then Heysup wanted to play the rest around 10 mins before this post but I'm not sure where he went and I wanna go to sleep. Just posting to keep updated, I'm sure we'll easily be able to get this done

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-512056031
Can you not dodge all day then dodge Hydro Pump then dodge me for being 15 mins late when it's before midnight your time....?

Thanks!

I'm free tomorrow most of the day. When can you be on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)