SuMo RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

This is my first LC RMT for the SuMo format.
I'm not going to beat about the bush, so I'll just dive right into the Creation Process and the list.

I play quite a bit of OU and I've been coming up against a load of Choice Scarfed Diggersby. Without proper reaction, it can sweep a team quite well due to it's ability Huge Power. Given this concept, my thought was that Bunnelby can do the same thing. So let's build around that.

rabbit (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 5
Happiness: 0
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 52 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Now, Bunnelby has access to U-turn, so a logical course of action would be to create a VoltSwitch combo with it. One of the strongest switchers out there is Chinchou. So let's add a Chinchou. A cleric is also necessary, what with Bunnelby being weak to being Burned. Therefore a Heal Bell is in orders. Apart from that, maximizing offence on it gives us fast switches when necessary, however it's a little frail if predicted correctly.​

lightbulb (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell​

Again, VoltSwitch is super strong. Also, Mienfoo is S tier, so let's chuck him in as well to round out a core. What with it's regenerator ability, switching in multiple times is a legitimate concept for a Mienfoo, so let's make it nice and tanky with its EVs.​

cat (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics​

Let's chuck a special attacker that can support Bunnelby. Gastly appreciates the slow switch-in due to its frailty. A Hex setup was chosen due to the spreading of Will-o-Wisp in order to do what it was designed to do.

ghost (Gastly)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 116 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Sludge Bomb​

Now we need a Lead. I know people are leaning towards not running them due to their natural tendency to be one-trick-ponies and then not be able to do anything later. Omanyte does the job, being able to normally take a hit due to Eviolite, get a Weak Armor trigger, use something like T Spikes or Spikes, and then outspeed other leads on the next turn, setting up 2 layers. The remaining moves are designed to deal with other leads, who tend to be weak to Water, or hold Focus Sash and therefore can tank a hit.​

shell (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes​

Finally, let's add something with just a little bulk. Well, quite a lot of bulk, and Pumpkaboo XL does nicely. Being able to spread more Burn status supports Gastly's Hex, Bunnelby's defense; however slight that is, and also support the rest of the team's defence through being such a pivot.
pumpkin (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast​

So there you have it. Please Rate My Team; any feedback is welcome and will be duly considered. Thank you.​

Hey, thanks for getting involved in LC!

This is unfortunately the wrong subforum for this - you want to put this in the RMT forum and make sure to follow their standards. You also need permission from a LC moderator before you post threads here. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.