Metagame Sun and Moon LC Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this cause there was a new release
This small friend is named Cutiefly! It is a Bug/Fairy type, a unique type we haven't seen before. Im interested to see what its stats are, because it could either be a fast attacker with U-turn to pivot or it could be a bulky Pokemon, potentially with recovery in Roost, that would easily counter Fighting-types like Timburr. Either way would be cool, as it would be either the first real offensive Fairy type or it would be a reliable check to Fighters and Snivy that can use instant recovery. Hoping this thing evolves and has stats that don't make it totally bad!

Bumping this cause there was a new release
This small friend is named Cutiefly! It is a Bug/Fairy type, a unique type we haven't seen before. Im interested to see what its stats are, because it could either be a fast attacker with U-turn to pivot or it could be a bulky Pokemon, potentially with recovery in Roost, that would easily counter Fighting-types like Timburr. Either way would be cool, as it would be either the first real offensive Fairy type or it would be a reliable check to Fighters and Snivy that can use instant recovery. Hoping this thing evolves and has stats that don't make it totally bad!
First real offensive Fairy type...what about Snubull? Statistically Bug types often have quite low base stats, so I'm hoping that thing bucks the trend. At the moment I see it as a quite fast, decently powerful and frail special attacker, something akin to Froakie.

Do we know which of these new mons (besides the fact that Grubbin has Evos for sure) have Evos or Prevos (ie. valid for LC)?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Do we know which of these new mons (besides the fact that Grubbin has Evos for sure) have Evos or Prevos (ie. valid for LC)?
Of the ones revealed, I can really only see Cutiefly having an evolution. Togedemaru is way too close to the general pika-clone look to feel comfortable calling it a first stage, since pika-clones since chu itself have been single stage. The other ones are way too elaborate for the general first stage - I guess Drampa could have evolutions but I'd be surprised. Tapu Koko, Bruxish, and Drampa overall don't really have a direction to grow for evolution, while Cutiefly has a bare enough design to feel excited for an evo.

We don't really know though, is the bottom line. Maybe Tapu Koko will be LC.

For Cutiefly it seems like it's going to have a lot of trouble against steels and fires. Being rocks weak could be detrimental as a fighter check, since something like Mienfoo u-turning on the switch in would likely wear it down quickly, unless it gets some amazing coverage for fires and steels.

Togedemaru is also shown at Lv 30 in the Japanese trailer, which seems to make it even less likely that it'll get a evolution.

Komala seems almost definitely LC from my perspective, giving off a sort of Slakoth vibe. I predict a physical tank with, I'm being optimistic here, 80 or so base Atk and around 55 Def. Maybe it's just because of the fact that it holds a log, which I interpret as physical prowess thanks to the whole Timburr line. Predicting decent HP, around 30 base SpD and bad Speed. Comatose looks like a good ability, as in every tier, burns make physical tanks useless. Predicting most Komala to run a SleepTalk set with Eviolite. ChestoResto and Juice with 4 attacks seem viable too.

Cutiefly and Rowlet are going to make people run rock-type coverage more often if they're viable. I predict Rowlet's HA to be Keen Eye, as there was quite a bit said about Rowlet's night vision and impressive visual skills overall, although I sincerely hope not. Big Pecks is another possibility, but it's not much better than Keen Eye. Oblivious and Cute Charm seem possible, and there's an outside chance of Aerilate.

It is said that Litten's fur bursts into flames when shed. This could be hinting at Flame Body, but that doesn't really seem to fit Litten. Litten is said to be quite smart, so maybe we can expect Anticipation? Either way, Litten's not getting saved by a hidden ability. There's an outside chance of Defiant, and I think that's our best bet for Litten.

The possibilities for Popplio. Damp would make sense. Someone before me said it will have Swift Swim, and that's most likely the case because of all the information stating that it moves incredibly fast underwater.

Rockruff better have damn good stats, because a rock type with Vital Spirit and Keen Eye isn't winning any awards for just existing.

Charjabug has the Battery ability, boosting the SpA of teammates. LC Doubles anyone?

With Stakeout and Strong Jaw, Yungoos is going to wreck face despite being a regional rodent. It is confirmed to have two stages as has been typical of regional rodents since Joey and his Rattata. I can see people Scarfing Yungoos to force switches against frail sweepers, and then hitting their pivot hard. Alternatively, an all-out-attacker set with elemental bites seems viable.

Grubbin's a Sewaddle that won't have Sticky Web. That makes it a Scatterbug.

Pikipek will most likely have bullet seed going by it having skill link and it's description. Could be good in bird spam to lure in tirt, chinch and smack with bullet seed.

Not sure if drampa will get an evo yet or be lc but I really like its design, the most so far out of the new Pokemon so I'm hoping it will be lc lol also its ability is cool especially if it is lc legal it gets it special attack boosted by one stage if it drops below half health which would be great in combination with berry juice

Drampa just gives me the vibe of a baby mon that only evolves once

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Salamandit is giving me a pretty good vibe. Poison/Fire is a pretty good combo, both offensively and defensively to an extent (Rock, Ground, Water, and Psychic weaknesses kinda suck).

I am hoping it gets some good wall-breaking stats and coverage. While it probably won't be able to take a hit to save its life, it should be able to at least dismantle defensive cores, particularly FerroSpritz.

I dunno, I like the idea of a Return/Knock Off Stakeout Yungoos to lure and punish Ghost-type switchins and remove items. Maybe run Brick Break or something for Steels and Rock-types.

I'll probably use Yungoos as a Scarf revenge killer, as it punishes switches with Stakeout. Could be a good Staryu check with Crunch and, if it gets it, Knock Off.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wimpod ability is really bad i feel like.

Bounsweet is gonna be sunkern level bad

Comfeys ability is interesting

Mudsdales ability is cool again but i think hes a final evo so lets hope for a prevo.

Fluffy is a really weird ability that im not sure if it will be that helpful.

I think wimpods ability could be very cool with decent stats to go right into dig/goth nd get a kill sorta like eject button foo but probs worse stat but now u get an item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)