SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how Z-Facade functions? I am wondering - If your pokemon suffers from a status condition and you then use Z-Facade will it use the 140 BP or 70 BP version of the move as the basis of Breakneck Blitz?

It would be logical for it to use the 140 BP, "status'd" version but who knows, these things often work strangely.

Does anyone know how Z-Facade functions? I am wondering - If your pokemon suffers from a status condition and you then use Z-Facade will it use the 140 BP or 70 BP version of the move as the basis of Breakneck Blitz?

It would be logical for it to use the 140 BP, "status'd" version but who knows, these things often work strangely.
Z-Moves do not take the base move's effects into consideration. (unless it's a Z-status move obviously) Breakneck Blitz will base its power on the BP 70 of Facade even if the user is poisoned, paralyzed, or burned, just as it will with Retaliate even if used immediately after an allied Pokemon fainted.

Z-Moves do not take the base move's effects into consideration. (unless it's a Z-status move obviously) Breakneck Blitz will base its power on the BP 70 of Facade even if the user is poisoned, paralyzed, or burned, just as it will with Retaliate even if used immediately after an allied Pokemon fainted.
Ah dang.

Thank you very much for the info, though!

I like using Wailmer around Seafolk Village/Poni Wilds for HP EV training, since they sometimes call Wailord who have a higher yield, but that requires getting one below level 29 so it doesn't know Rest, and some way of protecting my guy from Water Pulse's confuse like Substitute. I may just be going for something that's good enough though.

In general I've found that SOS chains are more about what you're wanting to fight and finding a location based on that. You want something that's likely to call for help and doesn't know annoying moves. Pikipek on route 6 all know Supersonic, but on route 1 they only have Peck/Growl. And they're there with Yungoos, which is another 1 attack and has tackle/leer. But anywhere but route 1 Yungoos can carry Sand Attack, you see what I'm getting at?

If you don't mind it being much slower, Isle Evelup at level 3 gives 4 EVs per training session, so you can get whatever spread you want. It does take 31 and a half hours with beans, but you don't have to do anything but check back every now and then.

Where's the best place to grind Poke Finder thumbs ups? I'm only missing that stamp and the multi battle one...
the vanillish of the E4 can give easily 6K per picture if you max zoom on their faces and get an awesome from rotom (sometime is bugged and even if you take perfectly their faces it gets a bad score)

the dragonite of poni plains can aparently give 30K but is a rare, and the oricorios are too hard to frame correctly

Not saying this answer isn't right (no idea), but the reasoning isn't. The base moves' characteristics are irrelevant, but this is a question, instead, of which move is used as the base, the 70BP one or the 140BP one. It sounds like you know specifically about these two moves, but if not then it probably needs confirmation.

Thanks again guys. Another Z-move question - do the 150 BP recharge moves (Hyperbeam etc.) have to recharge if they are used as their respective Z-move? For example, could you use Hydro Vortex (Hydro Cannon) and then follow up with a regular Hydro Cannon on the next turn?

Thanks again guys. Another Z-move question - do the 150 BP recharge moves (Hyperbeam etc.) have to recharge if they are used as their respective Z-move? For example, could you use Hydro Vortex (Hydro Cannon) and then follow up with a regular Hydro Cannon on the next turn?
As far as I know, the recharge turn is negated, so you can use a move afterwards, as attacking Z-Move ignores the base move's extra effects.

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted, mostly been doing gathering of stuff across games. So, current hurdle I'm looking at, since I've never dealt with this yet: breeding Pokemon and trying to get a specific HP on them, what's the best way of going about that? I'm looking at getting HP Fire onto a Froakie and while I know the different odd/even spreads for it, it's a bit hard to nail down the IVs of Pokemon I'm using for breeding outside of 0 or 31 - keep in mind also that the breeding needs to be done in X/Y or ORAS so I can get Gunk Shot tutored onto it as well.

Been a while since I posted, mostly been doing gathering of stuff across games. So, current hurdle I'm looking at, since I've never dealt with this yet: breeding Pokemon and trying to get a specific HP on them, what's the best way of going about that? I'm looking at getting HP Fire onto a Froakie and while I know the different odd/even spreads for it, it's a bit hard to nail down the IVs of Pokemon I'm using for breeding outside of 0 or 31 - keep in mind also that the breeding needs to be done in X/Y or ORAS so I can get Gunk Shot tutored onto it as well.
This isn't quite the thread to ask that, but the time machine breeding method works best for this. .com has a tutorial on how to do that, and might even give you a couple of Pokemon to help you do it for yourself.

What is the order in which the Egg Moves are inherited?

I remember having some issues in trying to get an Alolan Vulpix with Freeze-Dry, Encore and Moonblast because, between the two parents, they had more than four Egg Moves (IIRC they had Charm, Disable, Encore, Hypnosis, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast) and the babies ended up without Moonblast, and had to remove some of the parents' moves to get it on the babies.

Last edited:
What is the order in which the Egg Moves are inherited?

I remember having some issues in trying to get an Alolan Vulpix with Freeze-Dry, Encore and Moonblast because, between the two parents, they had more than four Egg Moves (IIRC they had Charm, Disable, Encore, Hypnosis, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast) and the babies ended up without Moonblast, and had to remove some of the parents' moves to get it on the babies.
"If [move inheritance] would result in the baby possessing more than four moves, the moves take priority in the order listed: Volt Tackle, mother's Egg Moves, father's Egg Moves, TM and HM moves, inherited level-up moves, baby's default moveset. The moves passed down will be ordered on the baby Pokémon by the priority listed above."

Source

Can the QR Scanner hold more than 100 points, or do I have to use an Island Scan before I can meaningfully scan more QR codes? Also, can I use the same QR code again at any point, excluding Magearna's, or does it always specifically have to be one I've not scanned before?

Can the QR Scanner hold more than 100 points, or do I have to use an Island Scan before I can meaningfully scan more QR codes? Also, can I use the same QR code again at any point, excluding Magearna's, or does it always specifically have to be one I've not scanned before?
1) Have to use Island Scan: The "Scan QR Code" option will gray out
2) Certain ones like the ones given for Festival Mission 2 still work, I'm not 100% positive about standard ones.

1) Have to use Island Scan: The "Scan QR Code" option will gray out
2) Certain ones like the ones given for Festival Mission 2 still work, I'm not 100% positive about standard ones.
Alright, thanks. I guess it's a good thing I'm subscribed to EmGo's Reviews and Stuff. While he doesn't cover anything Pokemon related, all of the Kamen Rider role-play collectible gimmick toys for last year and this year's series feature QR codes, and he gives a chance to scan those clearly in his videos. Time to decide the first Pokemon to do this Island Scan with...

Alright, thanks. I guess it's a good thing I'm subscribed to EmGo's Reviews and Stuff. While he doesn't cover anything Pokemon related, all of the Kamen Rider role-play collectible gimmick toys for last year and this year's series feature QR codes, and he gives a chance to scan those clearly in his videos. Time to decide the first Pokemon to do this Island Scan with...
QR codes do refresh themselves after a bit, but the important thing is you can use any QR code.

If you dont want to download a batch of QR codes, you can just pop random things into this for example http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

the special QR codes that give 20 points are usable as far I know after the mission.

they refresh themselves once you have got the 100 points and done a scan, so you can efectively use these infite times

Is it possible to get a Quick Ball (or any ball for that matter) Metagross pre-gen. 7? In other words, do genderless pokes pass down their pokeball when breeding with a Ditto in gen. 6?

Is it possible to get a Quick Ball (or any ball for that matter) Metagross pre-gen. 7? In other words, do genderless pokes pass down their pokeball when breeding with a Ditto in gen. 6?
It IS possible to get a Quick Ball Metagross before gen 7, but genderless Pokemon do not pass their ball down when breeding with Ditto in gen 6. You'd need to either RNG abuse for a Beldum/Metang/Metagross in gen 4 or 5, or soft reset Metang in a Steel type Friend Safari in X or Y. (or just catch one with the right nature and Hyper Train it in gen 7 if the actual IV's don't matter to you)

Reactions: JR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)