SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I SOS chain without a shiny charm, what are the chances that I get a shiny?

And I've also heard you can SOS chain for perfect iv Pokemon

I'm askin because my story is coming to an end soon and I'm all about making teams for competitive play

If I SOS chain without a shiny charm, what are the chances that I get a shiny?

And I've also heard you can SOS chain for perfect iv Pokemon

I'm askin because my story is coming to an end soon and I'm all about making teams for competitive play
According to one of the NPCs in the Game Freak Headquarters, about 1/4,000.

You probably can chain for a perfect IV Pokemon, it's just that only 4 perfect IVs are guaranteed at a chain of 40+, with the other two being random, meaning the chances of a perfect 6 IV Pokemon being chained, after a chain of 40, is 1/1,024.

According to one of the NPCs in the Game Freak Headquarters, about 1/4,000.

You probably can chain for a perfect IV Pokemon, it's just that only 4 perfect IVs are guaranteed at a chain of 40+, with the other two being random, meaning the chances of a perfect 6 IV Pokemon being chained, after a chain of 40, is 1/1,024.
That's the normal shiny odds. (1 in 4096) SOS chaining nets odds of about 1 in 512 without the Shiny Charm IIRC, about the same as X/Y's Friend Safari. I'm not sure if the Shiny Charm works with this or not, though.

That's the normal shiny odds. (1 in 4096) SOS chaining nets odds of about 1 in 512 without the Shiny Charm IIRC, about the same as X/Y's Friend Safari. I'm not sure if the Shiny Charm works with this or not, though.
Just for clarification, "normal" being the first encounter and egg hatching? And starting with the first summoned SOS, it becomes 1/512?

So if I caught tapu lele and then release it, will it respawn? I need a modest one but I can't get it to respawn

I beat the elite four afterward and it didn't work

At Haina Desert, I've tried getting the Safety Goggles from the hiker at night, but I don't get a choice to reply, so no Safety Goggles for me.
Am I missing any other condition(s) to get that choice to speak back to the Hiker? I know the Safety Goggles also are at the Battle Tree, too, but since I'm not at that point in the game yet, this is the only way for me to get this item.

so i know I have asked this before but never actually got an answer

can't you just like

go into a friend double battle and just...sketch it there...
No, because anything that happens in Link Battles doesn't get saved onto the Smeargle.

At Haina Desert, I've tried getting the Safety Goggles from the hiker at night, but I don't get a choice to reply, so no Safety Goggles for me.
Am I missing any other condition(s) to get that choice to speak back to the Hiker? I know the Safety Goggles also are at the Battle Tree, too, but since I'm not at that point in the game yet, this is the only way for me to get this item.
It needs to be night.

How do you get Wimpod to show up in the two locations it does on Poni Island? I've never seen one in both those locations it's supposed to appear and I'd like to try my hand at catching one in a Beast or Apricorn ball.

I'm available if you're still here
Thanks again for the offer Kanburi, I got it taken care of last night and finished my dex.

New question concerning synchronize and SOS chaining... from what I'm understanding, when you use synchronize for SOS battles, the syncher has to be the Pokemon fighting as new guys are called, but the nature that is synched will be whoever the lead Pokemon in your party is. So the nature of the syncher is essentially irrelevant, correct? And that considered, is there a merit to using Kadabra/Espeon/Umbreon over one of the others?

Thanks again for the offer Kanburi, I got it taken care of last night and finished my dex.

New question concerning synchronize and SOS chaining... from what I'm understanding, when you use synchronize for SOS battles, the syncher has to be the Pokemon fighting as new guys are called, but the nature that is synched will be whoever the lead Pokemon in your party is. So the nature of the syncher is essentially irrelevant, correct? And that considered, is there a merit to using Kadabra/Espeon/Umbreon over one of the others?
From what I hear, that is right. If the syncher is the front of the party though, you can make it chain for it's nature.

The only real merit of Kadabra/Espeon/Umbreon is that they are the only synchronizers pre-Bank.

How do you get Wimpod to show up in the two locations it does on Poni Island? I've never seen one in both those locations it's supposed to appear and I'd like to try my hand at catching one in a Beast or Apricorn ball.
it should be guaranteed to spawn in that beach area on the west of poni island. and it always runs in a set path towards a certain rock, so you can easily intercept it if you know what that path is. just leave the area, enter a building, come back out and run back to the beach.

it should be guaranteed to spawn in that beach area on the west of poni island. and it always runs in a set path towards a certain rock, so you can easily intercept it if you know what that path is. just leave the area, enter a building, come back out and run back to the beach.
And the one on Poni Breaker Coast?

Is there a place or repository of QR rental teams yet? I would like to use a rental team to grind the Battle Tree in order to get all the relevant items before starting to work on my own teams.

Is there a place or repository of QR rental teams yet? I would like to use a rental team to grind the Battle Tree in order to get all the relevant items before starting to work on my own teams.
Wow you can do that? I thought that was for online stuff. Totally gonna do things that way, especially if someone manages to break the battle tree with an entrainment Durant equivalent.

Are Cherish and Master Balls still unable to be passed down
Still can't be passed down.

I've got a question. How the hell do you make the swimmers that give you the TMs for Surf and Waterfall appear? Looking on Serebii shows their Pokemon are each at level 45, which seems to suggest they're not necessarily post-game, but I've never been able to encounter them.

I've got a question. How the hell do you make the swimmers that give you the TMs for Surf and Waterfall appear? Looking on Serebii shows their Pokemon are each at level 45, which seems to suggest they're not necessarily post-game, but I've never been able to encounter them.
As far as I know they are post-game. I did a quick search and some sites say post-game only but Serebii and the list on Smogon do not even though I've seen several people say they can't find them before becoming champion.

I know that some Pokemon can only be found via Weather-induced SOS battles. Does that mean Overworld weather, or is simply using Rain Dance sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)