SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was reading this on Serebii.

"When you transfer Pokémon from previous games and breed them, you will get their Alola Forms. However, if you attach an Everstone to the non-Gen VII native variant and breed, you'll get the standard form. You cannot evolve standard Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak in this game."

If I'm reading right; does this mean that a Pikachu transferred up from previous gens will evolve into non-Alola Raichu when given a Thunderstone, but if I breed a standard Pikachu from a previous gen Pikachu, when given a Thunderstone it will evolve into Alola Raichu?

I know that some Pokemon can only be found via Weather-induced SOS battles. Does that mean Overworld weather, or is simply using Rain Dance sufficient?
Overworld specifically.

So I've tried to sos chain minior for the past half hour... In two different encounters neither called an ally. Not once. I false swipe it down to 1hp and switched to Damp Poliwhirl. I just sit there with my using nervous orb over and over. 30 turns pass and they never summon on ally.

I don't hit them with any status.

Anyone know what the deal is?? I'm so frustrated and I can't find anything indicating that some wild pokemon just don't summon

Overworld specifically.

So I've tried to sos chain minior for the past half hour... In two different doubters neither called an ally. Not once. I false swipe it down to 1hp and switched to Damp Poliwhirl. I just sit there with my using nervous orb over and over. 30 turns pass and they never summon on ally.

I don't hit them with any status.

Anyone know what the deal is?? I'm so frustrated and I can't find anything indicating that some wild pokemon just don't summon
Some Pokémon cannot SOS call. Minior is among those... for some reason.

http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW
Here's a good guide for future reference. Anything not on there cannot SOS call.

If I'm reading right; does this mean that a Pikachu transferred up from previous gens will evolve into non-Alola Raichu when given a Thunderstone, but if I breed a standard Pikachu from a previous gen Pikachu, when given a Thunderstone it will evolve into Alola Raichu?
The wording seems to indicate that it's impossible to evolve any Pikachu into a non-Alolan Raichu in SM (and the same for Cubone, etc.). I think we've had other indications that would be the case. It's ridiculous and completely indefensible; an Alolan and non-Alolan Pikachu must have genetic differences related to their different evolutions, even though those differences aren't manifested in any visible traits yet.

The wording seems to indicate that it's impossible to evolve any Pikachu into a non-Alolan Raichu in SM (and the same for Cubone, etc.). I think we've had other indications that would be the case. It's ridiculous and completely indefensible; an Alolan and non-Alolan Pikachu must have genetic differences related to their different evolutions, even though those differences aren't manifested in any visible traits yet.
It could be that Alolan Thunderstones and Leaf Stones are slightly different from other ones. No idea for Marowak, though.

Is it possible to take a Marowak from my Omega Ruby, transfer it to SuMo and then turn it into Alolan Maro? I don't quite understand if alolan forms are only obtainable from pokes that were bred/hatched in SuMo.

Didn't get an answer on this so quoting
Someone bred me a purple Minior from a purple Minior (that person had all the colours and was offering to breed any colour that I wanted) so I'm guessing the colour gets passed down and is not random.

Is it possible to take a Marowak from my Omega Ruby, transfer it to SuMo and then turn it into Alolan Maro? I don't quite understand if alolan forms are only obtainable from pokes that were bred/hatched in SuMo.
If you transfer a Marowak from ORAS, it'll remain as regular Marowak. If you breed a Cubone from it and evolve it in SuMo, then it'll become Alolan Marowak.

Odd breeding question: suppose you were breeding a 6IV parent with a 5IV parent, using the Destiny Knot. Is it possible for this set up to produce a baby with 4IVs, where neither of the two imperfect IVs are the imperfect IV inherited from the 5IV parent?

For example, you have a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto breeding with a 31/31/31/31/31/xx Grubbin. Would it be at all possible, with the Destiny Knot, to produce a Grubbin with 31/xx/31/xx/31/31 IVs?

I understand that this should be impossible by virtue of how the Destiny Knot works, but could I get a direct confirmation?

I know hackers were able to get Pikachu, etc to evolve normally so its not like the evolution paths have been entirely removed. Maybe there will be some flag to trip when they come through bank. Which, to be clear, would also be stupid because even in that scenario I am pretty sure it would be impossible to have + sign normal Raichu, Exeggutor & Marowak unless there's even further flags that somehow passed everyone by. It's not like those were taking the world by storm or anything but at least give the option.

Honestly the way they handled alolan/normal forms is just so bizarre. They're separate forms! Why does breeding normal vulpix result in alolan vulpix unless an everstone is held? It's not like pink shellos result in blue shellos so it looks like they went out of their way to program it like that?!

I know hackers were able to get Pikachu, etc to evolve normally so its not like the evolution paths have been entirely removed. Maybe there will be some flag to trip when they come through bank. Which, to be clear, would also be stupid because even in that scenario I am pretty sure it would be impossible to have + sign normal Raichu, Exeggutor & Marowak unless there's even further flags that somehow passed everyone by. It's not like those were taking the world by storm or anything but at least give the option.

Honestly the way they handled alolan/normal forms is just so bizarre. They're separate forms! Why does breeding normal vulpix result in alolan vulpix unless an everstone is held? It's not like pink shellos result in blue shellos so it looks like they went out of their way to program it like that?!
Yeah, it's ridiculous. The new forms should arguably be classified as different species instead. I would have been against that insofar as it would've let them pretend the games had more new 'mons than they do, but they probably counted the forms as new anyway, and that's beside the question of what's most correct conceptually. Consider the Zebstrika line, which is clearly related to the Ponyta line. Maybe they're two species with a close common ancestor, rather than directly related to each other, or they are directly related but diverged less recently (or before either species had been discovered, whereas the Kanto/Alola ones were classified in the context of the Kanto versions because those had been discovered/studied already). (The real explanation for the difference is of course that the developers hadn't thought of regional variants yet, but that's obviously never a valid in-game explanation for anything.)

The thing I'm getting at is even in terms of forms, alolan forms break the mold in a dumb way. The form you get out of an egg is based on the mother. So East Sea Shellos mothers alawys produce East Sea Shellos. After the gen 5->6 transition, Spring Deerlings would always produce Spring Deerlings. Pretty sure (would need to breed to check) even in this game, Oricorios are determined by the Oricorio mother.

also yeah they basically consider any major form change its own pokemon. they're always grouped together in new pokemon collages and wording (especially in japan). Been that way since Platinum, it's extremely silly.

e: Here's a horrifying thought: What if outside alola, the forms default to the normal forms. Meaning the only way to get Alolan forms in that game is to use the ever stone or an entirely new held item.
gamefreak plz, just fix this moving forward to work like before.

I think the reason they didn't do as normal (shellos etc) is because unlike those species, the base form for three particular Pokémon are the same - Pichu/Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone. Attempts to make it consistent probably resulted in the mess of a scenario we have as described.
Which could, of course, have been completely circumvented by having Alolan form Pichu, Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone. But I guess they didn't want their precious spotlight Pokémon to not be available as normal, even though they could probably have just had someone gift you a non-alolan Pikachu. Oh well. Dumb.

How do you upload VS Recorder videos?

Can you do Battle Tree Multi Battles with a friend that is faraway (AKA when you cannot do a Quick Connection)?

I did a quick thread search but didn't find anything about this pertaining to postgame.

Is Cosmog that we are given in the Alternate World guaranteed to have three 31 and three 30 IVs? I need to know before I reset it.

Thanks for your help!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I did a quick thread search but didn't find anything about this pertaining to postgame.

Is Cosmog that we are given in the Alternate World guaranteed to have three 31 and three 30 IVs? I need to know before I reset it.

Thanks for your help!
The three 31 IVs, yes. The three 30 IVs, that's just stupid luck. If the nature sucks, I'd go for a better nature and use Bottle Caps.

How do I go about getting rental teams using qr codes? I need a battle tree team and I don't have the time to iv and ev train

Odd breeding question: suppose you were breeding a 6IV parent with a 5IV parent, using the Destiny Knot. Is it possible for this set up to produce a baby with 4IVs, where neither of the two imperfect IVs are the imperfect IV inherited from the 5IV parent?

For example, you have a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto breeding with a 31/31/31/31/31/xx Grubbin. Would it be at all possible, with the Destiny Knot, to produce a Grubbin with 31/xx/31/xx/31/31 IVs?

I understand that this should be impossible by virtue of how the Destiny Knot works, but could I get a direct confirmation?
If all 5 inherited ivs are from grubbin which also includes its speed, the final uninherited one will have a chance of not being 31

If all 5 inherited ivs are from grubbin which also includes its speed, the final uninherited one will have a chance of not being 31
That's true, but in that case, the 4IV child would have to be missing a perfect IV in Speed + the random stat not inherited.

What I'm asking is if there's any case where a 4IV child could be born to those parents and *not* be missing the Speed IV, instead missing two other IVs by somehow not inheriting all 5 IVs.

That's true, but in that case, the 4IV child would have to be missing a perfect IV in Speed + the random stat not inherited.

What I'm asking is if there's any case where a 4IV child could be born to those parents and *not* be missing the Speed IV, instead missing two other IVs by somehow not inheriting all 5 IVs.
I answered just after your original post. Every 4IV child will have the imperfect speed IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)