Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Do we have a real sprite for mimikyu-busted? if not, I can work on that as long as I have the Mimikyu sprite

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do we have a real sprite for mimikyu-busted? if not, I can work on that as long as I have the Mimikyu sprite
It was planned to have one, pom had trouble with tilted head.

I would accept your application by PM, one of the sprites can even be a busted Mimikyu. Otherwise I wait for an accepted spriter to make one.

Happy 2017! Figured I should show some signs of life (been occupied with beating TLoZ: Twilight Princess blind and breeding/wonder trading rejects in Moon)

First, I went back and made changes to some older sprites, including Pyukumuku's back sprite (the cotton tail has only six "puffs") and Cosmog (added dithering to the cloud hands).

decidueye.png

Retooled Decidueye's palette a bit (I'm starting to think that Incineroar and Primarina might need the aXl treatment down the line as well).

hakamo-o.png

Small edits to leparagon's Hakamo-o.

ribombee.png

Removed the colour sharing on aXl's Ribombee edit (was wondering if anyone would ever edit my sprites, sigh)

trumbeak.png

QC for the proportions of leparagon's Trumbeak. The legs and feet are also actually blue-grey, rather than grey like Pikipek's.

With this, hopefully more things can move to "completed" status soon. The only sprites still missing altogether now (w/o counting placeholders) are Shiinotic back, Xurkitree back, Necrozma, and Pheromosa, so I should finish my wip for the last one. I've been having trouble with busted Mimikyu's back sprite because of how the head and tail sort of collide, so if someone else wants to take over that one, feel free.

aXl It would be cool if you finished Solgaleo's back first to complete the set, before maybe moving on to Golisopod or Kommo-o? Regarding Tsareena, I actually made alternate sprites featuring the 3D model pose several weeks ago just to see what they look like (imo the benefits of the this pose are that it looks more battle-ready, and the hands don't obscure the "skirt" design). Here they are in case they help:

tsareena-alt.png

As for Celesteela, I hope that no one minds me pointing this out, but I still happen to agree with Speed-X's comment here. It isn't new for sprites to have to compress the proportions of a design for it to fit inside the canvas (see GSC and BW Mewtwo here; there are probably other, better examples as well), and I feel that that's preferable to, say, spriting Xerneas or Pheromosa at a diagonal and raises fewer eyebrows.

tsareena qc.png

My hand slipped and was recoloring the finished QC by the time I noticed your update post Pom. If you guys want me to do a draft of the second iteration as well I could do that too, this was only like 2.5 hours.

In regards to Solgaleo, it's been a little delayed while I was getting files off my computer to send it in for repairs, but I can start work on it next for sure. For Celesteela, I get the whole proportionality thing, but I've always been really averse to cheating the canvas to make sprites fit, so that's why I went with the current pose. If we decide there's enough outcry against it in the future, we can remake it without much complaint from me, but tbh at this point I need a long break from Celesteela as it was a beast to sprite.

Also if you guys need someone to do Mimikyu I can do that next as well.

mimikyu frame 2.png

mimikyu frame 2 shine get.png

Mimikyu QC Edits +Broken Disguise sprites. Fixed a few minor issues with the base sprites such as Mimikyu's buttflower tail holding its club and a size discrepancy with its eyes but otherwise there wasn't too much to edit here. +)

god now what should I do next

EDIT: Discord crits said I should make the shiny less pure gray to better get the feel of the GBA pallet so I did and kindof like the result. Third row.

Last edited:
Quick comments today since I'm in a bit of a rush (will post more work sometime next week if all goes well)

763.png
763b.png

763s.png
763sb.png

I tried merging aXl's version of Tsareena with Wobble's, as while the former's hair was fabulous, some of the lines and shading made the various forms seem rather lumpy. Feel free to lmk whether this looks OK!

tapu_bulu.png

shiny Tapu Bulu (finally)

778_1.png
778_1b.png
778_2.png
778_2b.png

778_1s.png
778_1sb.png
778_2s.png
778_2sb.png

The high contrast on the new shiny Mimikyu palette is eye-burning imo. If pure grayscale is unwanted, hopefully, monochrome purple can satisfy everyone.

aXl I find the height discrepancy between Solgaleo's front and back sprites somewhat odd. Is there a way for them to be more similar in size? Otherwise, the QC set looks fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I have a question, can i Join this project as: ''the guy who fixes the internal data'' so like that i will do the stats, moves and abilities and stuff for this project, I already started on doing it and it would be awesome if i can join here:)
Here is the PBS File, it's far from done yet, for example i need to define some stuff yet:)

Attachments

Hey, I have a question, can i Join this project as: ''the guy who fixes the internal data'' so like that i will do the stats, moves and abilities and stuff for this project, I already started on doing it and it would be awesome if i can join here:)
Here is the PBS File, it's far from done yet, for example i need to define some stuff yet:)
I don't think most users here use RPGMXP or anything like that. They prob won't have any uses for that. Not only that but this is a spriters project.

*Worth noting here is that I am not part of this project*
This is a spriting project first of all, so there should not be a need for any internal stuff.
There is already a lot of, if not all, PBS data out there.
I looked at the file and noticed quite a few typo's and missing articles such as EggMoves here and there. You should post this elsewhere, but I'm not going to give a specific name since that may not be appreciated. And even if they would use your data, they'd still be far from done. There would be a ton of missing Moves and Abilities, which would cause the game to crash (if you were using essentials in the first place).

If anyone reading this is actually interested, I'm about to post all gen 7 PBS data on "that" website. You can google for "All Gen 7 PBS" in a few days.

Last edited:
Revisited the Araquanid sprite and made some changes. Here it is so far:

Old

New

• Bubble enveloping the head made smaller
  • Plastic surgery
  • Tweaked the legs
  • Small edits with colors and outlines
Quick comments today since I'm in a bit of a rush (will post more work sometime next week if all goes well)

View attachment 76217

I tried merging aXl's version of Tsareena with Wobble's, as while the former's hair was fabulous, some of the lines and shading made the various forms seem rather lumpy. Feel free to lmk whether this looks OK!
Trip to the parlor was much needed. Good decision to position the arms that way so the "skirt" design would not be obstructed. The arms also seem to be the right length now; my sprite had them too long. Back sprite is looking good; great QC work, aXl and pom!

Anyways, I have interest in working on Shiinotic or maybe Magearna...? Is there someone planning/working on them?

Last edited:
Revisited the Araquanid sprite and made some changes. Here it is so far:

Old

New

• Bubble enveloping the head made smaller
  • Plastic surgery
  • Tweaked the legs
  • Small edits with colors and outlines

Trip to the parlor was much needed. Good decision to position the arms that way so the "skirt" design would not be obstructed. The arms also seem to be the right length now; my sprite had them too long. Back sprite is looking good; great QC work, aXl and pom!

Anyways, I have interest in working on Shiinotic or maybe Magearna...? Is there someone planning/working on them?
Just a quick notice but the eyebrows on the new shiny seem to be different from the new normal coloration.

golisopod re.png

Back sprite has more discrepancies than the front and I'm about to start college back up again, so figured I'd update with the front now since idk how soon the backsprite will be. Added detailing to the arm bracers, remade the eyes, tweaked a lot of the shading and reworked the armor flips and mini arms. Also made the sprite about two pixels bigger in both axes.

EDIT: Was worried for no good reason. Backsprite QC edit was much faster than anticipated. Mostly just echoed changes from the front and fixed the formation of the back plates. New sprites on top, old on bottom.

EDIT2: Added remade shiny pallet based on an ingame Shiny Golisopod I now own thanks to a friend's giveaway.

Last edited:
Much catching up to do, as Layell and I didn't have an internet connection for about 72 hours over the weekend

Wobblebuns The improvements to Araquanid look spot-on. Regarding what to work on next, leparagon mentioned that he was interested in revamping his Magearna, but Shiinotic actually doesn't have a back sprite yet. If you're interested in that one, go for it!

aXl Golisopod looks awesome! :D

Old

New

Decided to edit Shiinotic, now that there are better references for this creepy guy. Some of the pink floofs around the mushroom cap should project a bit on both ends (kind of like two cusps) so shading and tweaks were done. The cap was made larger in general. Head and arms were slimmed down and features are made to resemble Shiinotic more. I also gave him the salad fingers, heheh.

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
Mimikyu Smogon.gif

Original, non looped, with one single set of 9 frames of the body and tail moving, with the rare animation right after.
Looped Mimikyu.gif

Looped 6 extra times in addition to the original one (all of this is excluding the rare animation, which is obviously only once).

Might make the head move a bit, but otherwise I'm thinking it's nearly done. Rare animation is subject to change. If anyone has any suggestions, now's the time.
(Note: I fixed something with the eyes in this one, so the one later in the earlier in the post doesn't have that fixed.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)