Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

View attachment 78159
Original, non looped, with one single set of 9 frames of the body and tail moving, with the rare animation right after.
View attachment 78158
Looped 6 extra times in addition to the original one (all of this is excluding the rare animation, which is obviously only once).

Might make the head move a bit, but otherwise I'm thinking it's nearly done. Rare animation is subject to change. If anyone has any suggestions, now's the time.
(Note: I fixed something with the eyes in this one, so the one later in the earlier in the post doesn't have that fixed.)
It's looking great in my opinion! I'd make his head move just a little bit to the left or right, because it's quite stationary right now, if that's a proper sentence.

IP of this site got blocked by the server of my workplace, so that makes things a little bit harder to post, since I have a few animations, and I've been out for a few days being sick, I'll figure something out

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
Nice animation you have there! My only real nitpick is the head since its movements is a bit stiff though. I think if the head moved just a little less but at the same time gave the ears some slight movement, I think it would take it to the next level.
Smogon Mimikyu Front Ear Movement Edit.gif

Alright, is this any better? Removed 1 frame from the loop as well, so now it's 8 frames in the continuous loop (8x7 -> 56 frames before the rare animation happens).

EDIT: Added it blinking, and also fixed a pixel issue I found.

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I made my first animated back ever! Tried to 'mimic' the front animation as much as possible. (get it? Because Mimikyu? Yea... I'll stop now.)

Here it is, with the front to compare.
View attachment 79324 View attachment 79328
Great job with the animation! I forgot to respond to your previous post but I meant to say if you make the head movement last for 1 or 2 frames after the body stopped moving, it could look more fluid. But that's literally it. Everything else looks perfect. :)

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
778_1.gif
778_2.gif
778_1b.gif
778_2b.gif

778_1s.gif
778_2s.gif
778_1sb.gif
778_2sb.gif

ALL DONE! (Minor edits to the sprites will come as needed)

The front was the hardest. The first sprite I did, I mean. The rest was a lot easier, since I already had the rare animation done.

Great job with the animation! I forgot to respond to your previous post but I meant to say if you make the head movement last for 1 or 2 frames after the body stopped moving, it could look more fluid. But that's literally it. Everything else looks perfect. :)
I don't know what you mean by that, forgot to mention this earlier. Either way, I could probably edit the sprite now, but the frame amount needs to stay the same (63 frames atm).

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ah I didnt mean to add another frame. I meant that you see how the head and body stops on the same frame? If the head movement last for one or two frames after that point, maybe going slightly past the base head position on the next frame and then going back to its base position after it might make it flow a bit better. Try bobbing your head irl like your animation and you might see what I mean.

but really you dont have to. It still looks great!

Selena

smells like lesbian
is a Top Artist
I am interested in becoming a spriter/ animator, but I do not have the proper utensils or training, what would you, as professionals, recommend?
I definitely would recommend Aseprite (It's free for the older versions) for animations. However, animating requires a lot of patience and dedication (Which I barely have enough of), as well as knowledge how BW sprites work.

Also, on a side note, it's spring break for me, so I'm going to see about finding a new sprite to animate. OH. And got my wisdom teeth out, so I'm sitting around the house with a whole lot of nothing to do.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey folks some musings for you:

I've been rather busy with life at the moment, and I'll be honest my priority with Smogon/sprites has been very low on the totem pole. I'm not attempting to be some megalomaniac holding power forever, but I am also hesitant to step down without others who have been willing to help with uploading stuff to PS.

I will work on updating the sprites by the end of the month. After that I will try to push uploads every month or so. If anyone has any interest in assisting me with this please shoot me a PM. I've learned after a bit of time that the willingness to do the dirty work is a talent unto itself.

leParagon

I'm still around, don't worry
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this thread isn't dead, just been inactive lately. but recently, i've been appointed the new moderator. so what i wanna do is

-prepare a new GoogleSheet document with updated links to sprites which i'll be compiling soon
-update Layell's instruction post (on the first page)
-update/qc some of the old sprites
-make sprites for the ones we never got to make (like Kartana, Necrozma, etc, which we just borrowed and linked to)
-look for animators. applications still apply, check the first post in this thread for instructions

currently i'm preparing some front sprites for the qc-able pokemon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)