Sunday Mafia - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I guess to give my current top 3 or something

jalmont: surprisingly quiet and apparently has a posting restriction. posting a lot of one liners and not really much content. the jal I know would be hamming up something like that if he were village aligned and didn't care about getting lynched out

aska: again, he got defensive really quickly and I kinda dislike how he jumped on DLE so quickly when the game began. I feel like DLE only brought out the "well this is my playstyle here are examples hurr durr" defense was because of aska's prodding in the first place, and for whatever reason aska seems really focused on him.

Ullar: upon reading through this and stuff he really hasn't posted too much, using Walrein's restriction to kind of seem like he's contributing but not really. also the all caps thing is really annoying and I would vote him just to get rid of that, js.

but VB is really quiet too so I'll leave my vote on him for the time being

VOTECOUNT 1.6:
1) vonFiedler (1) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (2) - askaninjask Paperblade
4) Da Letter El (1) - askaninjask Vintage Books
5) UllarWarlord (0) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (1) - Vintage Books Walrein Agape
7) Vintage Books (2) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein
8) Paperblade (0) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (1) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (1) - Agape vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (0) -
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Jalmont, smashlloyd20, idiotfrommars

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 24 hours and 0 minutes.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Agape said:
calling your hypocirsy re: bad reads
Literally every single post I've made has been a "bad" read. What did you mean by this?

I have been aggressive for two reasons. First of all, I want to force people to squirm on Day 1 to get them to put a vote on somebody. This, more than any sort of lynch, will give us information to work from on Day 2. Secondly, I want people to be making opinions of me. I want to know whether you guys think what I'm doing is harming or helping, whether I'm good or bad, and whether I am attacking the right or the wrong users. Basically, I'm trying to get people to post judgments as well as opinions.

Re: capital letters, my posts have been done in proper grammar and punctuation and capitalization and such because I'm making serious posts. However, I'm not proofreading much, and I'm really trying hard not to censor myself in this game.

Re: the idea that mislynches can be good, I agree that mislynches do give the village some place to start from, but we get MUCH more information from a mafia lynch. We get more info from a mislynch than a no lynch, though.

Also BT I think you have one more vote on me than I should have...

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm going to have to agree with Walrein. Analyzing based on if someone is competent in the English language and not lazy is just stupid.

##vote Agape

Post something that makes sense please!

@aska I understood bad read as not contributing and trolling instead.

I stand behind my grammar/letter case speculation. Since the main form of expression over internet is typing, analyzing it can be compared to analyzing speech patterns in real life. However what I should do is to compare people's writing in this thread to their other posts and look for disparencies.

@idiotfrommars: I suggest defending yourself either by defending yourself or accusing someone with substantial speculation. (It would help also to accuse someone who is mafia!)

I'll leave judging myself to others, but myself I think I've did nothing more suspicious than usual.
Pleading second most clean villager.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
You accused me because I use proper grammar. I hardly think that warrants a defense, but you seem to think it does so I will give one when it is not 1 am. Also no one is clean and just because you say you are the second most clean villager doesn't make it true. I'd like some sort of basis behind your knowledge of language is scum idea before I take you seriously.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
Also the whole point of accusing is that we dont know who the fuck is scum right now which is why Im prodding you. No one has done that yet and you seem content just to go around accusing people. I can use the same logic you did with your accusation on me. Maybe you should accuse someone who is actually mafia. Their I said it. Does it mean both of us are telling the truth just because we said we aren't scum? No, because then everyone who answered the question would be clean. You need to stop assuming people know you are clean and actually post some defent logic.

@aska I understood bad read as not contributing and trolling instead.

I stand behind my grammar/letter case speculation. Since the main form of expression over internet is typing, analyzing it can be compared to analyzing speech patterns in real life. However what I should do is to compare people's writing in this thread to their other posts and look for disparencies.
I think this is bollocks i for one, hardly ever worry about proper grammar in my posts, both in IRC and on the forums. most people have different posting styles regardless of if they are in a NOC game or not etc, so its difficult to pin point that proper grammar and spelling = scum. Or any typing style for that matter.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
##unvote

deadline is in 10 hours. We need to have a vote up by then, because we are not going to just let b_t random someone.

DLE: I have to agree with above posters in that the fact that he has been so adamant about his playstyle, which is quite out of character. It might just be something to do with being called out on his playstyle, which I am pretty sure didn't happen in company (too lazy to check).

Though I have not really noticed much of a playstyle difference, which kinda makes it seem more scummy in a way, the fact that his playstyle isnt really that different at all, but he has been so (as walrein succinctly put it) "THIS IS MY PLAYSTYLE LOL". His consciousness about his playstyle is definitely suspicious.
##unvote

##vote Da Letter El
Let me get this straight: you're voting for me because you think I am being too clear about what my playstyle is, and this is something you think mafia would do?

What would you prefer I do? Ignore when people call me out? Because that's really helpful, right?

No, I'm going to answer something when someone calls me out. And I'm going to answer it correctly. I think I've played enough mafia to know my own playstyle; pretty sure I have the most games on the site, although I'm too lazy to check that one for you. Only reason I didn't really do that in company is because literally everyone assumed I was clear past night 1, so no one called me out on anything other than being "Hey maybe dle is mafia trying to save his teammate itchni" to which all I had to say was "Fuck you you're wrong and an idiot, just lynch dp67 because he's scummy as fuck." I think one person voted me that entire game. If you're going to make a read on me based on past play, at least make it accurate.

@VintageBooks, how would you feel if I were to vote for Walrein right now? Would you be ok with it? Would you join me?

VOTECOUNT 1.7:
1) vonFiedler (0) - Da Letter El Paperblade
2) Walrein (2) - askaninjask Paperblade
4) Da Letter El (1) - askaninjask Vintage Books
5) UllarWarlord (0) - Walrein
6) idiotfrommars (1) - Vintage Books Walrein Agape
7) Vintage Books (2) - MeowMixx idiotfrommars Walrein
8) Paperblade (0) - vonFiedler Agape
9) Jalmont (1) - MeowMixx UllarWarlord
11) askaninjask (1) - Agape vonFiedler
12) MeowMixx (0) -
13) Agape (1) - idiotfrommars
14) smashlloyd20 (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Jalmont, smashlloyd20, Da Letter El

With 12 alive it takes 7 votes for majority. Deadline is in 9 hours and 35 minutes.

BT posting in blue shows that he has mighty host powers!

Regarding votes, in my opinion atm two of walrein, askaninjask, vonfiedler, idiotfrommars and paperblade are mafia. For the other 2 mafia I suspect dle and meowmixx, but that's because I think post restrictions are fully village.

I'd like either to get walrein lynched to discover things about post restrictions or collectively agree on who's the most suspicious of the current players. My suggestions are in the last chapter of text of this post.

Currently, I'm inclined towards lynching paperblade due to his extremely concise posts. But what if he's a village power role with a restriction? What we need now imao is everyone with real posting restrictions step up. But then the mafia would kill them. Well it's worth the risk anyway since I for one am ready to win without the power roles. (Vanilla villager is the best role since if you live, you contribute and if you die nobody important died!)

Also: I am serious, just not always. It's important to know when not to be serious. Like when prodding jumpy mafia instead of accusing potential villagers.

Also iPhone 5 is a disappointment for it's price.

Da Letter El

Actually, you know what, no, fuck waiting. I like this read.

##Vote Walrein

1. Seems to be playing about the same as he did in Company, except without having to fit into doing Orcinus Duo's dumb shit. Post a lot of thoughts on people and defend himself without really pressing anyone else. All of his prior votes have just been "oh someone else has called out this person; I kind of agree with that. Vote!" Obviously not a pure mafia sign, but Walrein is (or should be) a better player than that.

2. I love love love a Walrein/VintageBooks scumteam right now. Vintage Books has had one good post and the rest have been pretty fluffy, from what I remember. Walrein's vote on Vintage Books felt incredibly forced and seemed like a way to try to take pressure off of himself to try to make Vintage Books look cleaner if Walrein were lynched. Then Vintage Books sheeps off of some of Walrein's posts about me and then just grabs it to vote for me. Definitely my top 2 lynch targets for day 1.

3. His most recent contribution is just calling out Agape on how dumb his grammar thing is. And I agree it's pretty fucking stupid. But I'd like to think that he has a bit more to contribute than that. It just seems like he's just trying to active lurk and seem like he's saying stuff that's helpful when in reality it's not so.

4. Aska's probably one of my stronger town reads right now; he was a lot more wishy-washy as mafia in that zelda game or whatever it was called and was one of my better mafia reads on day 1 in that game; he seems to be playing much more of an aggressive townie this game, although some of the stuff he's saying I've found to be somewhat scummy (I think both von and I posted some stuff about it; mostly about mischaracterization of some of the accusations against him). But I think it fits reasonably well with the playstyle that I'm willing to forgive it. I don't think aska is the kind of player who would vote for and push a teammate on day 1, so it gives me some additional comfort that a town read of mine is pushing and voting Walrein.

@Walrein convince me that Vintage Books (or whomever you like) is a better lynch target than yourself.

@Agape, do you agree with a Walrein lynch? Why or why not?

Then again if BT gave post restrictions to power roles only, it would be bad design.
Therefore people shouldn't be lynched based on post restrictions. Thus some pressure off Walrein. Might still lynch him though.

Da Letter El

Oh right I need to do this

thank god for super kawaii desu host blue tornado for saving the day and being super cool :DDDDDDDDDDDD

he is actually the best

i totally thought i had voted askaninask from before but i instead had voted vonfiedler. i am a very silly boy but blue "man group" tornado, my man, showed me the error of my ways.

here have a brofist

=====3E=====

<3

@dle

Your point about walrein's votes seems valid. IDK about his behavior in company.

For that reason and for the ones I rambled about minutes earlier I can lynch Walrein.

However, some of the stuff you said about aska in 4. reflect into yourself as well. You might be a pro mafia member trying to play strong village. Perhaps even with aska. I think this is a valid option and I'll never trust better players than myself completely in this game.

I'd like to have idle stalely scummy lurkers like VB inspected instead of lynching. Lynching active players IMHO leads into a vanilla or a mafia lynch.

I think Walrein is not a power role because he has a restriction, also supported by his activeness.

##vote Walrein

Also mafia please kill the strong villagers, since it's hard for us to go against them in lynch. (gogogo reverse psychology)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
2. I love love love a Walrein/VintageBooks scumteam right now. Vintage Books has had one good post and the rest have been pretty fluffy, from what I remember. Walrein's vote on Vintage Books felt incredibly forced and seemed like a way to try to take pressure off of himself to try to make Vintage Books look cleaner if Walrein were lynched. Then Vintage Books sheeps off of some of Walrein's posts about me and then just grabs it to vote for me. Definitely my top 2 lynch targets for day 1.
What the said doesn't make a lot of sense, because when Walrein voted for VB it put 3 votes onto VB which is more than we had on anyone else until now.

I agree that we need a majority and Walrein might be a good target but then I look at the votecount and notice that aska and paperblade are already voting for him. As I have said before, I do not like this combination.

If you really think aska feels town right now then consider paperblade or vintagebooks I think.

@VintageBooks, how would you feel if I were to vote for Walrein right now? Would you be ok with it? Would you join me?
I have made it somewhat known that i find the all-caps posting restriction frustrating and stupid. I should go back and read his posts because they hurt my head. I would be happy to be rid of this silly all caps bs.

But seriously. Walreins posts have offered not a lot of insight, and the more substantial ones are basically "I agree with this" or "here is some things that are not really saying much at all" or trash talking another user.

On top of that (trying to ignore the all caps) he has been playing in a similar way than he did in company, posting often, but not offering a lot, and "active lurking" as dale put it.

but yeah i agree with this lynch basically

##unvote

##vote walrein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)