Super CB Punch Bros

Super CB Punch Bros
What Opponents See
[pimg]435[/pimg][pimg]477[/pimg][pimg]171[/pimg][pimg]286[/pimg][pimg]212[/pimg][pimg]665[/pimg]
Introduction​
Greetings, team raters! I'm Whitey McFly and this is the second team I've posted here on the forums. Ever since the beginning of Gen 5, I've been adding members to my teams that aren't seen every day in the Overused tier. The addition of Black and White 2 is no different, bringing formerly overlooked Pokes to the spotlight. I'm not much of a weather fan, myself, even though rain came out as the most popular weather choice in Black and White 2. Thus far with this team I've been having a lot of success. With this team's three priority users and three volt/turners, I am able to stop the most fearsome of sweeps and break the bulkiest walls. Momentum is key with this team since it has such strong revenge killing power. Now, without further ado, let's get to know the team.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
[pimg]435[/pimg]
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Sucker Punch / Brave Bird / Superpower / Roost​
This is the overlooked poke that I mentioned in the introduction. Honchkrow is really a multi-purpose guy on the team; he plays the roles of a wall breaker, sweeper, and revenge killer at once. Before the move tutors of Black and White 2 arrived, I was still using this guy, though I often had trouble because of the prominence of Tyranitar, which hard countered any set running Moxie. Now that Honchkrow gets Superpower, it has become much more useful, able to defeat Tyranitar and most other physical walls in the metagame. I've found that Honchkrow benefits more from an Adamant nature than a Jolly nature because of Sucker Punch's priority. However, this allows Jolly max speed Tyranitar to outspeed. The biggest thing to note is that Honchkrow is my team's number 1 way of dealing with Latios through Sucker Punch. This also allows it to easily revenge kill a dragon type that decided to lock itself into Outrage. Brave Bird is Honchkrow's strongest move, which is used to OHKO most walls after a Moxie boost. Roost is on the set to allow Honchkrow to sustain itself during a sweep, healing off Life Orb and Brave Bird recoil.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
[pimg]477[/pimg]
Nature: Impish
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Hp, 184 Def, 72 Spe
Earthquake / Ice Fang / Roost / Stealth Rock​
Meet my team's physical wall. After looking over the changes to the metagame and looking at all of those pokes which will be the most threatening, I realized that Gliscor walled most if not all of them. He was also granted uncanny survivability in Black and White 2 in the form of Roost + Poison Heal. Gliscor is on this team to set up Stealth Rock and defeat the many physical threats in the metagame, namely Terrakion, Scizor, Landorus, and Dragonite. I carry Ice Fang on Gliscor mainly to deal with Dragonite, especially the Substitute + Dragon Dance set. The Dragon Dance + Roost set of Dragonite poses a problem since it out-speeds Gliscor and can Roost off all of the damage from Gliscor's Ice Fangs. That is why I modified the rest of the team to deal with that particular set. Earthquake is there for obvious reasons, and Roost allows Gliscor to come back strong even after it has been heavily weakened.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
[pimg]171[/pimg]
Nature: Calm
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Spe
Toxic / Heal Bell / Volt Switch / Scald​
Lanturn is another one of those commonly overlooked pokes of the lower tiers. This Lanturn set, inspired by TheFlamingSpade, fits magnificently into the role of special wall and support. When Black and White 2 was released, I looked over the biggest special threats that would be dominating the metagame. After a good amount of charting and research, I found that the Water/Electric typing of Lanturn and Rotom-W was excellent in defending against those special threats. I decided to use Lanturn because of its bulkiness over Rotom-W, and its immunity to Electric moves, allowing it to wall many threats it otherwise would not. Toxic is used to stop sweeps from getting out of hand and to defeat certain annoying walls, such as Gastrodon. I run Heal Bell to cure any status, especially burn, from my team. This may seem counterproductive when paired with Gliscor, seeing as it deactivates Poison Heal, but I find that its utility far outweighs its drawback. Scald is for burning physical attackers that I need weakened, and Volt Switch is used to gain momentum and to safely switch into one of my offensive team members. One problem I found with Lanturn is a lack of a recovery move other than Rest. Despite this, I found that it is still a reliable wall capable of taking hits and providing support for my team. I particularly like Lanturn's synergy with Gliscor: Lanturn can easily come in on Water and Ice attacks that target Gliscor, while Gliscor can switch in on Ground moves that would threaten Lanturn.

Breloom @ Choice Band
[pimg]286[/pimg]
Trait: Technician
EVs: 160 HP, 252 Atk, 96 Spe
Mach Punch / Low Sweep / Bullet Seed / Stone Edge​
Breloom is one of the namesakes of this team, and the one I've spent the most time perfecting in terms of EVs and move set. It is a great revenge killer and packs as much power with its STAB Mach Punch as Scizor does with its Bullet Punch. Mach Punch is the set's pride and joy, allowing Breloom to do big damage to steel and normal types, as well as hit a large variety of other types neutrally. I run Bullet Seed as my Grass STAB move, having the potential to be the most powerful move in Breloom's kit and dealing with bulky waters with ease. Low Sweep is there to be the more powerful fighting STAB in the case that Mach Punch isn't required to outspeed the opposing poke. It also plays the role of a switch-predicting move, reducing the speed of a would-be counter and allowing Breloom to strike twice against it, or allowing me to switch into something else which could then outspeed. Stone Edge is another switch-predicting move used to hit flying types on the switch in. Breloom compliments Scizor nicely in choice-banded priority-punching brotherhood, easily dispatching water and steel types which are difficult for Scizor to bypass on its own, whereas Scizor deals big damage to psychics, ghosts, poisons, and dragons that wall Breloom. Its ability to defeat Heatran is especially valued. I chose to run 96 speed EVs with an Adamant nature on Breloom in order to outspeed defensive Skarmory by a good margin, accounting for some variation on Skarmory speed investment by the opponent, and dishing out Breloom's maximum damage potential.

Scizor @ Choice Band
[pimg]212[/pimg]
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Bullet Punch / Superpower / U-Turn / Pursuit​
Scizor is the second namesake of this team. Scizor exists on this team for three reasons. 1: to compliment Breloom and cover its weaknesses. 2: to provide switch advantage through U-Turn. 3: to help deal with Latios and Latias. This is the standard Choice Band set on Scizor which allows for good coverage, switch advantage, and trapping. The steel typing is nice as well for defense, and makes Scizor my only team member that can resist dragon-type moves. Adamant nature is used for maximum damage, and because speed investment, even with a Jolly nature, doesn't allow Scizor to outspeed much of anything that it wouldn't rather hit with a Bullet Punch.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
[pimg]665[/pimg]
Nature: Modest
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Draco Meteor / U-Turn / Fire Blast / Earth Power​
Hydreigon takes the role as this teams only offensive special attacker. Originally, this Hydreigon ran a Life Orb with Roost instead of U-Turn, however I often found myself face-to-face with speedy and powerful foes which even Breloom and Scizor couldn't defeat on their own. More often than not this was a Dragonite with a Dragon Dance. However, Hydreigon also holds the role as my last line of defense against Latios, just in case Scizor and Honchkrow had fallen, making the Choice Scarf and invaluable addition. When choosing this move set for Hydreigon, I focused on what distinguished Hydreigon from its more powerful and speedier competitor, Latios. Draco Meteor is used to hit the aforementioned threats as well as do big damage to most switch-ins. U-Turn provides switch advantage and eases prediction, just in case I don't want to become set-up fodder after I locked myself into a move. Fire Blast is for Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory, because my team otherwise lacks a fire move. Finally, Earth Power allows me to OHKO Heatran with ease.

Threats​
I have already discussed some threats that I have problems with and threats that I have covered by my team, but I feel it necessary to make a more comprehensive list of what my team does to overcome the threats of the OU metagame, and I will include more detail as I deem necessary. This list is based off of the tier current OU tier list. If there is anything I miss in this list, please tell me and I will update accordingly.

Abomasnow: Scizor and Breloom OHKO with their priority. Scizor can switch in.

Alakazam: Scizor, Honchkrow, Hydreigon

Blissey: Scizor, Breloom, Honchkrow, Gliscor

Breloom: Gliscor (if poison up), Honchkrow, Hydreigon (1 bulk-up max)

Celebi: Hydreigon, Scizor (no HP Fire), Honchkrow (no HP Ice)

Chansey: See Blissey.

Cloyster: Breloom, Scizor, Lanturn Volt Switch to Breloom or Scizor

Conkeldurr: Honchkrow + Hydreigon (no Mach Punch), Gliscor (no Ice Punch)

Deoxys-D: Scizor, Lanturn Toxic, Gliscor (no Ice Beam)

Donphan: Breloom, Hydreigon, Gliscor, Lanturn (EQ hurts :( )

Dragonite (DD): Generally a problem. Gliscor (Sub+DD), Hydreigon (Roost+DD)

Dragonite (Choice Band): Depends on chosen move. Hydreigon, Scizor, Gliscor

Dragonite (Other): Not very threatening. Gliscor, Scizor, Hydreigion, Lanturn

Dugtrio: Scizor, Breloom (no Aerial Ace), Gliscor, Hydreigon

Espeon: Scizor, Hydreigon, Honchkrow, Lanturn

Ferrothorn: Honchkrow, Breloom, Scizor, Hydreigon

Forretress: Hydreigon, Breloom, Honchkrow, Gliscor

Gastrodon: Breloom, Hydreigon (no Ice Beam), Lanturn (no Ground STAB)

Gengar: Scizor, Hydreigon, Lanturn. Can be a problem.

Gliscor (Defensive): Gliscor, Hydreigon, Lanturn (EQ hurts)

Gliscor (Sub+SD): Big problem. Break sub with fodder, revenge with Hydreigon

Gyarados: Lanturn, Breloom

Haxorus (CB): Death fodder + revenge with Hydreigon, Scizor,

Haxorus (DD): Hydreigon, Scizor

Heatran: Lanturn, Hydreigon, Breloom

Hippowdon: Breloom, Hydreigon, Lanturn

Hydreigon: Breloom, Hydreigon

Infernape: Gliscor, Hydreigon, priority spam

Jellicent: Breloom, Lanturn, Honchkrow

Jirachi: Hydreigon, Gliscor (no Water Pulse), Lanturn (no subCM), priority spam

Jolteon: Lanturn, Hydreigon, Gliscor (no HP Ice)

Keldeo: Lanturn, Breloom

Landorus/Landorus-T: Gliscor (no HP Ice), Scizor, Hydreigon (not scarfed)

Latias: Honchkrow, Scizor (no HP Fire), Hydreigon, Lanturn (no sub)

Latios: Honchkrow, Scizor, Hydreigon, Laturn to take a hit.

Lucario: Breloom, Gliscor, Hydreigon. Can be a problem if SD set.

Magnezone: Breloom, Gliscor (no HP Ice), Hydreigon, Lanturn

Mamoswine: Scizor, Breloom. Poses a big problem, hits both walls hard.

Metagross: Gliscor, Hydreigon, Breloom

Mew: Depends on the set. Haven't seen many, so I can't say much.

Ninetales: Hydreigon, Gliscor

Politoed: Lanturn, Breloom (no Ice Beam),

Reuniclus: Honchkrow, Scizor

Rotom-W (Choice): Lanturn (trick hurts), Hydreigon, Breloom

Rotom-W (Defensive): Lanturn, Hydreigon, Breloom (careful for Will-o-Wisp)

Salamence: Gliscor, Hydreigon, Scizor

Scizor: Gliscor, Breloom

Skarmory: Hydreigon, Lanturn, Breloom (if Skarm is weakened)

Starmie: Lanturn, Honchkrow

Tentacruel: Lanturn, Honchkrow, Hydreigon

Terrakion: Gliscor, Scizor, Breloom

Tornadus: Lanturn, Scizor, Honchkrow

Tornadus-T: Huge problem thanks to regenerator. See Tornadus.

Toxicroak: Gliscor, Honchkrow, Scizor

Tyranitar (Boa): Breloom, Scizor, Gliscor (no Ice Beam),

Tyranitar (Defensive): Breloom, Scizor, Honchkrow, Gliscor

Tyranitar (Other): Breloom, Scizor, Gliscor

Vaporeon: Breloom, Lanturn, Honchkrow

Venusaur: Problem in the sun. Hydreigon, priority spam

Virizion: Gliscor (no HP Ice), Scizor (no HP Fire), Hydreigon

Volcarona: Lanturn, priority spam.

Conclusion​
I know that this team has a long way to go before it is perfected, and I hope that you guys will help me get it to that point. Type synergy has been a bit of an issue for me; I notice that while battling I rely a lot on Lanturn to take hits for the rest of the team. This team was built to showcase both Honchkrow and the duo of Scizor and Breloom. I hope you enjoyed looking at this team, and I look forward to your opinions and suggestions. Thanks!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. First off, this is a very good-looking team, so congrats on that. As you've pointed out in your threatlist, Tornadus-T, Chlorophyll Venusaur, and DD Dragonite are large threats for your team to deal with. A simple Pokemon change can easily fix that problem up though. While I know that Honchkrow is an important member of your team, I think that a Mamoswine can do what it does better. It's faster, stronger, and bulkier. While its Ice Shard may be weaker than Honchkrow's Sucker Punch, it's able to snip off more threats, including Latios, which you mention is dealt with mainly by Honchkrow and Hydreigon, and Gliscor, which can wall most of your team ad infinitum. Integrating Mamoswine into your team over Honchkrow also relieves some pressure from Breloom and Lanturn to take out Heatran. Mamoswine also gives your team another Ice-type resistance, in part due to Thick Fat, and deals beautifully with SubCharge Magnezone. Other than that, I don't see anything else that should be changed up.

Sets:

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb | Thick Fat
Jolly Nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ice Shard | Icicle Crash | Earthquake | Superpower

The Jolly Nature lets this Mamoswine outspeed max speed non-Scarfed Heatran and annihilate it with Earthquake or Superpower. Ice Shard allows Mamoswine to revenge-kill opposing Techniloom, dragons, Venusaur, and Therians more efficiently. Icicle Crash is a powerful STAB move that lays the hurt on Gliscor and Donphan, keeping it from ruining your team's momentum by walling your two Banded bros. Earthquake is your other STAB, dealing a consistent amount of damage to those that don't resist it. Superpower is filler, but it helps weaken Ferrothorn and other Fighting-weak Pokemon. The EVs maximize Speed and power, so you should be good to go there. With that said, good job on your team and good luck!

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey. First off, this is a very good-looking team, so congrats on that. As you've pointed out in your threatlist, Tornadus-T, Chlorophyll Venusaur, and DD Dragonite are large threats for your team to deal with. A simple Pokemon change can easily fix that problem up though. While I know that Honchkrow is an important member of your team, I think that a Mamoswine can do what it does better. It's faster, stronger, and bulkier. While its Ice Shard may be weaker than Honchkrow's Sucker Punch, it's able to snip off more threats, including Latios, which you mention is dealt with mainly by Honchkrow and Hydreigon, and Gliscor, which can wall most of your team ad infinitum. Integrating Mamoswine into your team over Honchkrow also relieves some pressure from Breloom and Lanturn to take out Heatran. Mamoswine also gives your team another Ice-type resistance, in part due to Thick Fat, and deals beautifully with SubCharge Magnezone. Other than that, I don't see anything else that should be changed up.

Sets:

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb | Thick Fat
Jolly Nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ice Shard | Icicle Crash | Earthquake | Superpower

The Jolly Nature lets this Mamoswine outspeed max speed non-Scarfed Heatran and annihilate it with Earthquake or Superpower. Ice Shard allows Mamoswine to revenge-kill opposing Techniloom, dragons, Venusaur, and Therians more efficiently. Icicle Crash is a powerful STAB move that lays the hurt on Gliscor and Donphan, keeping it from ruining your team's momentum by walling your two Banded bros. Earthquake is your other STAB, dealing a consistent amount of damage to those that don't resist it. Superpower is filler, but it helps weaken Ferrothorn and other Fighting-weak Pokemon. The EVs maximize Speed and power, so you should be good to go there. With that said, good job on your team and good luck!
Completely going to back up the use of Mamoswine, however your team actually has an issue with BU Conkeldurr. Since your Gliscor has Roost, a well predicted Drain Punch will hinder Gliscor and 5/6 of your whole team is vulnerable to Fighting-type moves where he wouldn´t have trouble in taking hits, recovering with Drain Punch or firing powerful priority Mach Punchs. My suggestion would be to replace Hydreigon with a Choice Specs Latios. Latios has higher Speed and access to Trick allowing him to cripple a common switch-in like Chansey or Blissey. Latios also works as a fantastic check to Conkeldurr as a Specs Draco Meteor will always OHKO, also being able to similiarly check oposing Techni-loom. Since you will be running Scizor + Mamoswine + Breloom having 3 priority type advantage, running a Scarfed pokemon might not be necesary. Talking about priority, you might want to run Quick Attack over Pursuit on Scizor to take down Starmie, Volcarona, Gyarados and others being able to resist the 3 main priorities. Hope this rate helps and good luck :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)