Super-Effectivemons

One thing I've had some success with is shift gear granbull it's buckets of fun and patches up granbull's godawful speed not to mention intimidate gives it plenty of opportunities to set up (can't post set cause mobile)

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
One fun thing to consider is that Heart Swap gets better distribution, meaning that stat boosts can actually be stolen by fast Psychic-weak mons like Crobat... A fun one to consider is Baton Pass Scolipede (although Speed Boost might foul that strategy a bit... giving your opponent free Speed boosts is not a great idea).

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dunno about you guys, but I'm actually looking forward to using Sceptile with Defog and Sticky Web, as well as possibly Haze or Will-O-Wisp. He seems like a better utility Pokemon now. Just thought I'd try some lower tiered Pokemon out.

Sceptile gets Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Ice Beam, Hurricane and Fire Blast as options on its Special Sweeper set, as well as Defog, Will-O-Wisp and Sticky Web for utility. Its lightning-fast speed stat helps out a lot to separate it from other, bulkier or more powerful Grass types.

Also loving the Diggersby with access to Ice Shard, Aqua Jet and Mach Punch on a Swords Dance priority sweeper set. XD

Just wondering how effective Volcarona will be now that it has access to Hydro Pump, Scald, Power Gem (for Charizard, opposing Volcarona and Talonflame on the switch) and, if you're into that kinda thing, it also gets its own Rain Dance for Hurricane-based sets (which goes great with its new water-type moves too).

I wonder if the Dragons got anything interesting *cough* Shift Gear Kyurem-B *cough*...

Azumarill gets Bolt Strike and Power Whip... just sayin'.

Oh, and I'll be sure to abuse Geomancy Hydreigon while I can... XD

Valmanway

Sceptile gets Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Ice Beam, Hurricane and Fire Blast as options on its Special Sweeper set, as well as Defog, Will-O-Wisp and Sticky Web for utility. Its lightning-fast speed stat helps out a lot to separate it from other, bulkier or more powerful Grass types.

Also loving the Diggersby with access to Ice Shard, Aqua Jet and Mach Punch on a Swords Dance priority sweeper set. XD

Just wondering how effective Volcarona will be now that it has access to Hydro Pump, Scald, Power Gem (for Charizard, opposing Volcarona and Talonflame on the switch) and, if you're into that kinda thing, it also gets its own Rain Dance for Hurricane-based sets (which goes great with its new water-type moves too).

I wonder if the Dragons got anything interesting *cough* Shift Gear Kyurem-B *cough*...

Azumarill gets Bolt Strike and Power Whip... just sayin'.

Oh, and I'll be sure to abuse Geomancy Hydreigon while I can... XD
Let's not forget some signature moves here. Quiver Dance could be replaced by Tail Glow, Fire Blast can be replaced by Blue Flare or Fiery Dance, and Scald and Hydro Pump should be replaced by Steam Eruption. Signature moves will be seem much more often in this metagame, so I hope people don't forget about them when building their teams.

Good offensive signature moves include Aeroblast, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, Diamond Storm, Fiery Dance, Gaciate, Light Of Ruin, Night Daze, Oblivion Wing, Psycho Boost, Psystrike, Sacred Fire, Searing Shot, Secret Sword, Seed Flare, Spacial Rend, Steam Eruption, and V-Create.

Last edited:
I dunno about you guys, but I'm actually looking forward to using Sceptile with Defog and Sticky Web, as well as possibly Haze or Will-O-Wisp. He seems like a better utility Pokemon now. Just thought I'd try some lower tiered Pokemon out.
Serperior would be pretty good with this too once/if it gets Contrary Leaf Storm. Until then, Serperior unfortunately remains outclassed by Sceptile and other Grass types, especially since its Coil niche is gone. :( Poor thing.
Sceptile on the other hand actually looks pretty nice and versatile. Fast utility, special sweeping, Physical sweeping, Unburden sweeping...he just needs to watch out for phoenixes and flying praying mantises.
Speaking of that...Mega Pinsir with Sacred Fire sounds fun/horrible. At least it can't use Extremespeed lol.

Valmanway

Serperior would be pretty good with this too once/if it gets Contrary Leaf Storm. Until then, Serperior unfortunately remains outclassed by Sceptile and other Grass types, especially since its Coil niche is gone. :( Poor thing.
Sceptile on the other hand actually looks pretty nice and versatile. Fast utility, special sweeping, Physical sweeping, Unburden sweeping...he just needs to watch out for phoenixes and flying praying mantises.
Speaking of that...Mega Pinsir with Sacred Fire sounds fun/horrible. At least it can't use Extremespeed lol.
Serperior lacks Leaf Storm, yes, but he at least has Overheat now to make up for it. And god forbid Mega Pinsir gets Extremespeed. I'd sack this meta faster than the move itself. XD

Edit*

Just remembered that Contrary is still unreleased. Derp.

Last edited:
Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Spore
Hone Claws

There is no escape. Literally

Valmanway

Level 1 Prankster Riolu could really ruin a sweep with Power Split, or soften a wall with Guard Split, as well as use Trick and Lunar Dance for some good priority support.

Valmanway

I can already see which Pokemon are going to excel at which role.

For offense, Greninja and (Mega) Alakazam are going to be very threatening since they have a sleep move of at least 90 accuracy and Tail Glow, as well as excellent speed. Greninja has BoltBeam coverage and a perfectly accurate sleeping move in Spore, as well as higher speed. Alakazam has more power, and much more speed after Mega evolving.

For defense, Mega Venusaur has great potential as a bulky Cosmic Power waller, as well as Will-O-Wisp and Oblivion Wing for extended survivability, as shown by DizzyDancer's replays.

For support, Meowstic-M is clearly going to be the anti-metagame Pokemon, having access to priority Taunt, Topsy-Turvy, Parting Shot, Sticky Web, Destiny Bond, Switcheroo, and Dark Void.

Ah, I've made a monster of a metagame, but I love it!

Last edited:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability Synchronize
252 HP 252 Def 4 SpD
Bold
-Quiver Dance/Defend Order
-Bulk Up/Defend Order
-Baton Pass/Toxic
-Heal Order
This. This is the true meaning of Defensive beast. Once people find this set, we're all fucked.

Serperior lacks Leaf Storm, yes, but he at least has Overheat now to make up for it. And god forbid Mega Pinsir gets Extremespeed. I'd sack this meta faster than the move itself. XD

Edit*

Just remembered that Contrary is still unreleased. Derp.
What if you add a rule that all unreleased Hidden Abilities are released?
So Serperior can have Contrary etc.

It's your metagame, you can do that. :P

Valmanway

What if you add a rule that all unreleased Hidden Abilities are released?
So Serperior can have Contrary etc.

It's your metagame, you can do that. :P
Sheer Force Feraligatr Bolt Strike, Contrary Serperior Overheat, Yeah, I can see this working. Okay, as of now, hidden abilities are available for all Pokemon.

For hidden abilities, we'll pretend they were released in B/W2, so they can use tutor moves from back then.

Last edited:
Sheer Force Feraligatr Bolt Strike, Contrary Serperior Overheat, Yeah, I can see this working. Okay, as of now, hidden abilities are available for all Pokemon.

For hidden abilities, we'll pretend they were released in B/W2, so they can use tutor moves from back then.
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Punch

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Oblivion Wing / Aeroblast
- Ice Beam

I like where this is going.

WOOHOO!
I just made a utility set with Serperior that could function as a nice lead or mid-game utility-mon and sweeper.
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Oblivion Wing
The Speed EVs allow Serperior to outspeed non-Scarfed base 100's and Serperior has respectable enough bulk at 75/95/95 to function with utility. Defog pairs nicely with Sticky Web, though Serperior may not be the best Defogger because it is weak to every form of hazard. Oblivion gives Serperior recovery and hits Sap Sippers not named Goodra or Bouffalant (who will probably see about 0% usage). I'll have to try this out on the battlefield to see if this actually works out well.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
I don't normally use stally Pokemon, but I wanted to find a good Topsy-Turvy user other than Meowstic-M. I considered Mega Banette, but I found a rather large case of 4MSS because Banette would need Protect in order to do its job. Cresselia will usually be able to take a hit from a setup sweeper, Topsy-Turvy, force the Pokemon out and set up Calm Mind and potentially sweep itself. It does have some issues as a non-Prankster Topsy-Turvy user however, as it gets OHKOed by Greninja's +2 Dark Pulse and Mega Alakazam's +3 Shadow Ball without Sp. Def investment. It can however survive Mega Alakazam's +3 Shadow Ball with 116 Sp. Def EVs and Sash Alakazam's without Sp. Def investment. Again, I'll have to test it.

I thought he said that bw2 abilities were back otherwise thered be no sheer force feraligatr, also reckless bravebird on mienshao has been awesome as it also gets roost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)