Super Mario Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was another peaceful day in the Mushroom Kingdom. The sun was shining and the villagers were busy playing tennis, golfing and racing Karts around Peach’s castle. The villagers had lived in peace for a while. It had been about a year since Bowser had come by last and kidnapped Princess Peach. But unknown to the villagers, their world would be soon turned upside down…!

With a crash, Bowser burst through the clouds and swooped in. He bee lined straight for the castle and crashed in straight through the stained glass window. Mario and Luigi were with Princess Peach at the time showing off their incredible guns and beautiful poses.

Bowser swooped down and quickly grabbed Princess Peach before either brother could react. They tried their best, but were unsuccessful in stopping Bowser as he speed out of the castle.

Before he zoomed away, Bowser cried, “Go my Koopa Kids and Bowser’s Army! Distract the villagers before they can come after me!” And with a suddenly the sky turned gray and a bolt of lightning hit the earth.

After the flash and when everyone turned around, where there had been some villagers had turned into many villagers… Bowser’s minions had infiltrated the village and it was now the Day of Reckoning…

Dear User,

You are Bowser, King of Darkness in the Mushroom Kingdom. You have successfully kidnapped Princess Peach on multiple occasions, however your Achilles heel seems to be the fact that you can never stop Mario from penetrating all yours traps, minions and castles across the land. Well no more! You are taking the fight straight to Mario this time! You have decided to send your Children in along with you favorite subjects. Unfortunately, both factions never got along and hate each other. But that is a small matter…

Once during the night, you may send a PM to matty stating “Night X – Spit Fireball at <User>.” That night you will fire your legendary fireball incinerating the target to a crisp giving them an instant Game Over.

The Other Members of the Koopa Kids Include:
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>

You win if a member of the Koopa Kids is the last alive
Dear User,

You are Goomba, the lonely earth walking “thing”. Bowser seems to love putting you in the middle of plains only to get stomped on by Mario and company. Your life sucks basically, but hey, it pays the bills. You have decided to join up with Bowser’s Army to finally get revenge on Mario and live peacefully without anyone walking all over you.

Once during the night, you may send a PM to matty stating “Shuffle around and steal from <User>.” That night you will skuffle into that user’s house and steal any items he or she may have on them.

The Other Members of Bowser's Army Include:
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>

You win if a member of Bowser’s Army is the last alive
Dear User,

You are Princess Peach, the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. You are the ruling entity across the land of the Mushroom Kingdom however you rarely rule because you are often kidnapped. While entirely defenseless, you are smoking hot and have the affection of your lover Mario. Mario has joked with you that he should tie you down (ha.. ha..). Too bad you will never lay any pipe with him (if you catch my drift).

Once during the Night you may send a PM to matty stating “Night X – Blow a Famous Peach Kiss at <User>.” That night you will make the user fall under your love spell making them unable to perform a night action.

You win if a member of the Mushroom Kingdom is one of the last alive
Will Mario and the Village defeat all of Bowser's Minions and finally be able to track down Bowser and take back the Princess? Will Bowser finally have revenge and give Mario a Game Over Once and for all!?!?!

Rules List
  • Deadtalking will be allowed to some extent. Conversations between a dead player and his teammate is allowed, but only if they are discussing strategies and moves. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. All talking with the dead when they are not on your team is therefore ill-advised.
  • Days will last either 48 hours or 24 hours after the first lynch vote is cast.
  • Nights will last either 48 hours or until all pms are received.
  • All pms should be sent to matty and Serenity
  • If you do not wish to use a day or night ability you should send a pm to matty and Serenity stating "Day/Night X - Idling"
  • No screenshots of any kind may be distributed at all.
  • You may c/p anything that I say to you, which means you can fake conversations with me.
  • I should be notified of all channels, spreadsheets, google docs, paste bins, etc that you create.
  • You can hold and give/receive as many items as you want. Items are given away at the very end of the day or night after everything has transpired and received at the beginning of the next day or night. To give away an item, send a pm to matty/Serenity stating "Day/Night X - Giving 'Item' to User".
  • Priorities are set and kept secret.
  • You can target dead bodies with your abilities, but it does not mean that anything will happen.
  • If you wish to change your vote during lynch you must edit the post containing your initial vote.
  • Please remain active. Don't join if you forsee yourself being away for any extended amount of time. I really hate subbing people out but I will do so if I deem you inactive (I will nudge you first)

4. Jimbo
13. Outlaw
14. Macle
16. assassinfred

Deceased:
11. tennisace - Day 1 Lynch - Chain Chomp (Kidnapper) - Bowser's Army
15. Shade - Night 2 Kill - Petey Piranha (Kidnapper) - Neutral
8. Yoshi King - Night 2 Kill - Wario (Twin) - Mushroom Kingdom
5. Straptor Call - Day 2 Lynch - Koopa Troopa (Bodyguard) - Bowser's Army
3. Veedrock - Night 3 Kill - Luigi (Mayor/Silencer) - Mushroom Kingdom
1. LonelyNess - Night 3 Kill - Toad(Even Night Inspector) - Mushroom Kingdom
6. Ace Matador - Night 3 Kill - Yoshi (Bodyguard) - Mushroom Kingdom
12. Eo Ut Mortus - Day 3 Lynch - Waluigi (Odd Night Killer / Ex-Twin) - Koopa Kids
17. moi - Night 4 Death - Baby Mario (Ability Unknown) - Mushroom Kingdom
19. Andenken - Night 4 Kill - Princess Daisy (Special Vote / Night Phase Skipper) - Mushroom Kingdom
10. Jedil - Night 4 Kill - Lakitu (Thief) - Mushroom Kingdom
21. lanterminator - Day 4 Part 1 Lynch - Toadsworth (Redirector) - Mushroom Kingdom
20. askaninjask - Day 4 Part 1 Lynch - Ludwig Von Koopa (Redirector / Silence Voting) - Koopa Kids
22. Chaos669 - Day 4 Part 2 Lynch - Mario (Hooker) - Mushroom Kingdom
7. ArticBlast - Night 5 Kill - Iggy Koopa (Bodyguard) - Koopa Kids
9. timw06 - Day 5 Lynch - Wendy O. Koopa (Inspector) - Koopa Kids
18. billymills - Night 6 Kill - King Boo (Thief) - Bowser's Army
2. SEO - Night 6 Kill - Toadette (Odd Night Inspector) - Mushroom Kingdom

Sorry if you didn't get in. I'm sure there will be some to sub out so don't fret. Enjoy the game. (:

Player Changes:
Jedil replaced MagicMaster87 during the Night 3 phase.
Macle replaced GTS during the Day 4 Part 1 phase.

matty

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I'm sending PMs as quickly as possible right now. Be aware, I am not perfect and despite going over the role PMs quiet a few times, there still may be mistakes. I apologize in advance. Happy playing.

Oh and keep in touch with me on IRC, I'd like to be filled in on whats going on :)

what game is this picture from

also wah I didn't get in :(
(I think it's a small enough picture to quote)

You just answered your own fucking question.
If you don't know the good mario games, then you're kinda screwed.

@MM87: Damn, what are they putting in mario games these days.
In my day, we actually PLAYED the games.

Hey, guys.

It's me, moi, your friendly moile. I was just checking up here on my fellow members of mushroom kingdom. I'm just here to say that you can always contact me if you need someone to talk to.

A friendly villager, moi.

matty

All role PMs have been sent out

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end in 48 Hours, or when I receive all Night PMs.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright people, this is how it's going to go down. I'm the inspector of this here village and I'm driving this car, conducting this train, leading this town. You will claim to me, or you will be lynched. My role is Toad, here is my role PM.

Originally Posted by Fat matty
Dear LonelyNess,

You are Toad. A loyal officer in the Mushroom Kingdom court. A loyal servant under Toadsworth, you take commands easily and always complete a job to the up most of your abilities. Recently, Mario has entrusted you with a very important mission. Find all the impostors in Mushroom Kingdom and weed them out.

Due to your small size, you can often sneak around the Mushroom Kingdom and spy on other residents. Once during the night, you may send a PM to matty stating "Night X - Spy on <User>." By the morning you will have discovered this users role.

It is imperative that we get this game off to a good start by claiming to an ACTUAL VILLAGER >_>. I realize that revealing my role so early in the game is a bit of a bad move, but in my experience, with these basic mafias, getting claims is 100% better than getting inspect results (just look at One Piece Mafia, the village inspector didn't do a damn thing all game long). If you want the village to win, then you want to claim to me.

It also goes without saying that I will need the Bodyguard to contact me. Even if you feel as though you don't trust me enough to contact me, there is no reason that you shouldn't be at the VERY LEAST protecting me tonight from night death.

Again, almost quoting Earthworm from the other thread:

#warau and #fluodome on irc.synIRC.net is where most of the discussion occurs, with a lot of private messages on the same network.

First off, I don't recommend talking to me n1, I don't give out much. You can if you want, but I doubt the purpose.

Also, I doubt the validity of your inspector claim. (not that you aren't clean, just that isn't your role.) I would expect people to keep their options open, and I don't recommend claiming n1 anyway.

23:42 LonelyNess You also know that the Super Mushroom magnifies your powers. It would be wise to track it down...
23:42 LonelyNess according to matty
23:42 LonelyNess if I get it
23:42 LonelyNess I can see through mole roles
see through yourself

in case any of you don't know, lonelyness was a succesful mole in the most recent small mafia.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
moi the fool attempting to bring down the village unitor with his slander and libel.

like I said, claim to me, but if you don't, at the very least stay silent.

DON'T CLAIM TO MOI

Dear LonelyNess,

You are Toad. A loyal officer in the Mushroom Kingdom court. A loyal servant under Toadsworth, you take commands easily and always complete a job to the up most of your abilities. Recently, Mario has entrusted you with a very important mission. Find all the impostors in Mushroom Kingdom and weed them out.

Due to your small size, you can often sneak around the Mushroom Kingdom and spy on other residents. Once during the night, you may send a PM to matty stating "Night X - Spy on <User>." By the morning you will have discovered this users role.

Before all of go giving your roles to LonelyNess, I want you to think things through. With no evidence other than don't trust moi, he has attempted to thrust himself into a position of credibility, but really, when looking in his role pm, there are so many obvious flaws. The first line itself is the most frustrating.

A loyal officer in the Mushroom Kingdom court. A loyal servant under Toadsworth,
Yet, in the pms matty placed in the beginning of the main thread, there would've been a comma, not a period. There is no way a style of writing could differ so much.

You are Bowser, King of Darkness in the Mushroom Kingdom.
To restate my earlier post

23:42 LonelyNess You also know that the Super Mushroom magnifies your powers. It would be wise to track it down...
23:42 LonelyNess according to matty
23:42 LonelyNess if I get it
23:42 LonelyNess I can see through mole roles
Why would lonelyness leave out something so important from his main role?
Why wouldn't he have shown me matty's talk.
My suspision is that his real role requires a super mushroom.

We then see the biggest flaw of the whole plan, the role toad itself. You see, Toad in itself is a species of characters in the mario universe, not unlike goombas. So why would toadsworth assign the task so important to a species, instead of doing it himself.

While I may not seem the most trusting of figures, I do not blame you. It is up to you to decide what to do. Be wary, though.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Umm what the fuck???? I was on the bloody reserved list, so unless a p2 reserve is able to miss out which I didn't think possible (if so I apologize) then why the hell aren't I in this game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)