Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Can someone tell me a character that is good against Olimar? I'm having trouble against them and their stupid ass playstyle (Building a literal wall around itself)
Great way to spend my 400th post
Who do you play as?

Also, while I would never encourage picking him up for one match, Ganondorf destroys Olimar. Dash Attack, nair, and ftilt beat out any Pikmin attack and knock them off of Ganon in one hit, he is the easiest character in the game to dair stomp, he can't land at all, and his helmet makes his prone hurtbox so large that if he doesn't tech Flame Choke -> down smash kills at 60%.

Oh, yay, a mix of Ike and Shulk.

As an Ike main and Shulk secondary, I approve.

Though I'm kinda shocked it was an FF7 character. Really, you couldn't have gone with an FF4 or FF6 character? I mean, those games are actually on (multiple) Nintendo systems, while FF7 isn't even on a single Nintendo system. Perhaps there's a surprise FF7 port (whether classic or remake) on it's way to the Wii U. But I'm just speculating here.

YO FUCK CLOUD. WHY NOT A SWORD CHARACTER WITH A SECONDARY WEAPON LIKE ZERO OR DANTE OR SOME DUAL SWORDSMAN LIKE LLOYD OR SOME FUCKER I CAN'T JUST MAKE IN MII MAKER FUCKKKK.

OR WHY NOT A NON-SWORDSMAN LIKE SNAKE OR KING K. ROOL WHAT THE FUCK.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Why Cloud man, not another swordfighter who's just gonna be mid-tier. At least there's a Smash Direct next month. #ShantaeHype

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Funny thing is that Cloud has been on a couple of Nintendo consoles via spin-offs + Kingdom Hearts COM.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For someone with such a huge sword, Cloud's attacks seem very quick, particularly his aerials. Blade Beam looks like a very spammable projectile as well, and the limit breaker mechanic he has going is much like Project M Lucas's Offense Up, which could really make or break Cloud. Just from what has been shown so far, I think Cloud has tons of potential.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Limit Break mechanic sounds interesting. If it's implemented will, he could easily be a solid addition instead of "just another swordsman".

Do you think we should discuss his moveset? I just noticed that his forward air spikes. And I am interested to see how good his projectile is.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Halo's a pretty obvious non-fit for Smash stylistically, not to mention that when we start talking Microsoft IP there are certain "other" characters that were originally considered for Melee.

On another note who's hype for Genesis 3, the international community is sending a metric ton of high level players, including the best player in the world for a whopping 8-10 characters.

Japan:
Ranai (Villager)
Komorikiri (Sonic)
Abadango (Pacman)
Nasubi (Wario)
Pit (Earth)
9B (Ryu)
Umeki (Peach)
Some (Greninja) - maybe - can't make it

Mexico:
Leo (MK) - currently in the process of getting a visa to compete
Regi (G&W)

Plus a bunch of top 5 best player in the world for their respective character representatives

Shimitake (Pikachu)
Abadango (Wario & MK & Rosa)
Nientono (Diddy Kong) - maybe

Plus ZeRo, Dabuz, Esam, Ally, and all of the other expected American hardhitters. In a way this is the first real international championship, with the best players from most of the world regions showing up.

Zero (North America)

Leo (Mexico)

Ranai (Japan)

Currently not listed as attending

Mr R. (Europe)

Waveguider (Australia)

Will update if I find out about any more superstars.

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I just want to take a moment to talk about Cloud's moveset. I won't detail every single move, but I will talk about some key moves:

Forward Smash: 3 HITS!!!! Believe this is the first time a forward smash for any character is triple hit. If the cooldown isn't bad, this will be super safe on shield.

Down Smash: Ganondorf's, but with a sword. Cute.

Forward Air: Ike's, but with a spike property on the downward swing part of the move. I approve greatly.

Back Air: Looks so similar to Ike's, but with more range. This could be a huge, huge spacing tool.

As for general things, he seems to be a go-between with Shulk and Ike. Considering I use both characters (main Shulk) I'm psyched for this. The Limit gauge mechanic is interesting. Do you charge it via his down special? I'm assuming so since the bar shows up above Cloud and he isn't moving as the bar fills up. He's the first character outside of DK that I can remember having more than 1 spike move. His recovery is ass without the limit boost. He seems to jump pretty high (a little under Greninja's height maybe? Hard to tell) but he doesn't seem to have a lot of lateral aerial movement. If this is the case, that's unfortunate as his aerials looks really solid. Projectile and neutral air give him a nice neutral game. We only see his back throw, so it will be interesting to see what setups he can get out of his other throws. Forward air doesn't look like it has a lot of landing lag in the trailer and it spikes. I approve. What I'm really looking to see is how much shield pressure that forward smash will have. With 3 hits, it could be absolutely amazing if it has somewhat low cooldown as it will be impossible to power shield all 3 hits. Really looking forward to trying him out and hopefully picking him up.

Finally, is there really any doubt that they're going to announce Wolf in that special announcement next month? I mean they used the Final Destination theme from Brawl for crying out loud...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)