Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

haha wasn't espn talking shit about esports because they aren't real sports?

man i just saw genesis finals and i gotta say Dabuz really deserved that. He played alot better than zero and its sad to see him lose after choking really hard on the last game
If you choked on a game in a set you didn't play a lot better than your opponent and someone who lost 100% did not deserve to win.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm really excited for B.E.A.S.T. 6 on February 19th, it's going to be the first real time a lot of American viewers are going to get to see the European competitive smash community. Of the players already registered, notable one's are...

esam: #1 Pikachu in the world
mvd: Diddy Kong
C.R.Z.: Fox
jmiller: Luigi
istudying:#1 Greninja in the world
ixis: Sonic, #1 player in the U.K.
cyve: Diddy/Sheik
eoe:Peach
skarfelt:Fox
sodrek: Fox
el bardo: #1/#2 DDD in the world
adom: Ganondorf

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jmiller is the guy who popularized Luigi js, probably the real #1 in Uk

That said, the EU scene as a whole is honestly terrible. The only good international skill we have is Mr. R and thats it.

Talk about this shit here.

The best thing about this game has GOT to be the villager memes.

Animal Crossing Villager for God-Tier in terms of flavor and character design. He had better be competitively viable or I'm gonna be pissed.
Going back to the op of this thread. Genesis proved that yes, villager is competitively viable.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Lol the other day when playing a few custom friendlies I figured out that Jigs multi hit Pound true combos into Leaping Rest

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do you think we'll get a possible balance patch with the dlc characters? Palutena and Jigglypuff are in desparate need of some lovin's.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's understandable given Yoshi's literally got 0 placements in any major ever while falcon at least has fatality usually making it to top 32 of every tournament he enters.

What's more absurd for me is having Olimar Lucario and Greninja over Ike. Greninja has no results whatsoever whereas Ryo often gets top 8 and dominates his region... like wut.

Also Zelda being the worst. That's a joke honestly, when Ganon and Jiggs exist.

zelda and palu are clones, theyre both girls with teleports, except zelda has magic on her attacks and attacks faster, palu is the worst

edit: bayonetta seems kinda light, like sheik range minus the fallspeed, hard to tell when she died to a final smash and a counter though

There's plenty of strong Olimar and Lucario players out there, if results are the only thing the voters consider. I could see European voters partly being responsible for the high Greninja placement, with iStudying (Netherlands) and Eddy (Germany) being among the strongest players in their scenes.

fish anemometer

I ❤️HOLE
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending PU Circuit Champion
So sheik got nerfed, or so I heard... (Needle end lag)

Edit: was just going to say it wasn't confirmed on smashboards

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Patch notes (still a WIP).

Only Sheik change that's been reported is that she's a tiny bit lighter.

Roy had the landing lag on all aerials reduced, while Marth and Lucina got damage buffs on several moves + some of Marth's moves got a range buff, and Bowser's up throw has increased knockback so it can't combo into up air over 100%. Everything else looked really minor, but then again I know shit about competitive.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)