Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Lmfao people comparing Bayonetta to Melee Fox, Brawl MK, and Prepatch Shiek, Bayo's neutral sucks and relies on predictable af shit that is easy to punish. She has clear weaknesses that can be consistently abused unlike the previously mentioned characters along with Rosalina, who's weaknesses can only be abused for a few seconds. Most, if not all of her 0-Deaths aren't true and can be escaped without SDI, and her usual combos can be SDI'd at some percentages. Of course, if you go AFK during a combo and start bitching about how OP she is then you're not gonna learn how to play against her. She's too strong in this patch considering the recent nerfs to Sheik, ZSS and MK, but is nowhere near as good as Melee Fox, Brawl MK, or Prepatch Sheik, and only rivals Rosalina for the top spot because of her ridiculous damage output and ability to kill with dumb shit like 160 BKB multihits inside the Witch Twist, ridiculously easy gimps, and other jank.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Lmfao people comparing Bayonetta to Melee Fox, Brawl MK, and Prepatch Shiek, Bayo's neutral sucks and relies on predictable af shit that is easy to punish. She has clear weaknesses that can be consistently abused unlike the previously mentioned characters along with Rosalina, who's weaknesses can only be abused for a few seconds. Most, if not all of her 0-Deaths aren't true and can be escaped without SDI, and her usual combos can be SDI'd at some percentages. Of course, if you go AFK during a combo and start bitching about how OP she is then you're not gonna learn how to play against her. She's too strong in this patch considering the recent nerfs to Sheik, ZSS and MK, but is nowhere near as good as Melee Fox, Brawl MK, or Prepatch Sheik, and only rivals Rosalina for the top spot because of her ridiculous damage output and ability to kill with dumb shit like 160 BKB multihits inside the Witch Twist, ridiculously easy gimps, and other jank.
All her shit is guaranteed. At best 50-50 with certain chars with specific fall speeds, but everything she has is a guaranteed zero to death according to all the top players (ZeRo, dabuz, anti, etc lol). I fail to see how a neutral is bad when her returns are so massive that's like saying zss has a shitty neutral in every patch up till 1.14 because she relies heavily on grab and has minimal stuff in neutral but gets guaranteed follow ups off a grab and even if she whiffs, she only takes like 20-30% tops. lmfao

yeah ok witch twist is "predictable and easy to punish" 4Head

i also seriously don't see how anyone could think rosa is #1 when she has 2 35-65 matchups, it's basically either bayo or cloud

Didn't the SmashCorner video say her death combos are 50 / 50s, cause you have to buffer your next attack to match their DI because if you try to react you'll be too slow and they'll escape? Or something like that...?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bayonetta DOES NOT have a weak neutral i repeat bayonetta /DOES NOT/ have a weak neutral

Ask urself this: why is sheik and diddy's neutrals so good?

The answer is: they're safe as fuck

Why is bayonetta so good besides the fact she has zero deaths, witch time, witch twist, and the most broken hitboxes in the game?

SHES SAFE AS FUCK

HOW DOES SHE HAVE A BAD NEUTRAL L M A O

the only thing keeping bayo from being worse than brawl mk is that not all top players are using her and thats only cuz shes dlc and came out so late.

to be fair ftilt 3 is pretty irrelevant but divekick and witch twist are likely 2 of the top 5 moves in the game (with witch twist competing with limit cross slash for being the absolute best move in the whole game) and the other two aren't great attacks on their own but they can set up for death combos so lol

Dive kick is very predictable in the neutral and easy to avoid and punish if your spacing is right or if you just dodge it. Even if it hits your shield the followups are limited.

Witch Twist is ridiculous and definitely needs a smaller hitbox and the ridiculous knockback of the middle hits needs to be toned down.

Literally Witch Twist and Witch Time are the only broken moves in her kit, without them her fastest options are frame 7, compared to the rest of the cast this is too slow.

Bayonetta is toxic as hell and Platinum Games should apologize and remove her or something idk (maybe replace Bayonetta with Raiden, or Optimus Prime because why not lol) OR Capcom can step in and give us Dante who'd essentially be what people wanted Bayonetta to be (character that took a lot of skill but has insane combos) but can't kill vertical at 0% because of how footstool reliant he'd be and he'd be like every other smash character having punishable moves and risks going for him. But this is all wishful thinking and most likely won't happen.

In other news, I'm having a LOT of trouble playing Smash 4 online on the Wii-U. :( I am way too adjusted to the (New) 3DS controls, and everything all of a sudden feels so "clunky" when I'm playing on the pro controller. Like my inputs are taking longer to activate. This completely screws up my combo game and I don't know how to fix this. I used to be just fine but now it's a nightmare, any tips?

pro controllers can have input lag in certain environments because they're wireless, if you want to avoid this just invest in a gc controller + adapter

It's not Bayonetta who's bad, it's her moveset. ;-;

And yeah Pro Controller's input delay can vary, MySmashCorner just made a video about it which you can check out on youtube.

It's not Bayonetta who's bad, it's her moveset. ;-;

And yeah Pro Controller's input delay can vary, MySmashCorner just made a video about it which you can check out on youtube.
Bayonetta is hot as fuck but her games are combo mashy as hell and unlike games like Devil May Cry (especially 4) you can pull off ridiculous over the top stuff without that much effort. Her core design is busted and tbh I believe she should be replaced, but I don't see it happening.

And aren't gamecube adapters really expensive? Also the gamecube controller as a whole is rather clunky since you really have to click on the buttons but if it really helps sure.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
pro controllers can have input lag in certain environments because they're wireless, if you want to avoid this just invest in a gc controller + adapter
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1pfsw7/psa_lets_dispel_some_confusion_about_the/cd28lks

I can't say I've taken the time to watch the video, but the idea that pro controllers would lag because of bluetooth interfere isn't real in this generation of consoles (RIP wavebird), and anyone who says so is accidentally resurrecting an issue that was solved years ago.

The biggest competitive difference between the different controllers is down to preference.

Bayonetta is hot as fuck but her games are combo mashy as hell and unlike games like Devil May Cry (especially 4) you can pull off ridiculous over the top stuff without that much effort. Her core design is busted and tbh I believe she should be replaced, but I don't see it happening.

And aren't gamecube adapters really expensive? Also the gamecube controller as a whole is rather clunky since you really have to click on the buttons but if it really helps sure.
I mean her being combo mash-y is why she's so fun in her original games though. I don't think that should be the same in smash though, or at the very least not death combos. Also nerf witch twist and downward angled side B please and thanks c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)