1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by LonelyNess, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Shinryu

Shinryu

Ok who is Robin exactly? It looks like the FE:Awakening avatar, I guess that's their generic name for it?
  2. Acklow

Acklow

Yes, Robin is the player made character in Fire Emblem: Awakening. And yes that's the generic name for the English version of the game. You obviously can change the name in the game and what not.
  3. Volty

Volty

Robin is just a gender neutral name, and was the default name in FEA so they just went with that since they are using the default models too.
  4. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

[​IMG]
    Anyone else wishing this would happen? I'd like to see some more of Sacred Stones out there.
    Fabbles, jumpluff, Wishy and 6 others like this.
  5. Dracoyoshi8

Dracoyoshi8 weapon of mass seduction
    is a Contributor Alumnus

MRW when Robin/Lucina revealed
    [​IMG]

I am this close to buying a Wii U now

Assuming all of Robin's tomes follow the same pattern as the Thunder one, it should be
    Fire -> Elfire -> Arcfire -> Bolganone
    Wind -> Elwind -> Arcwind -> Rexcalibur
    Flux -> Nosferatu -> Ruin -> Waste
  6. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

its not likely that they do, though. For one, all of the tomes shown were the second level except Thunder, and for two, it wouldn't make sense for a character to have four chargable B moves. As much as i'd like to hear him yell "bologna!" every time i used his side-b, i doubt it
  7. Champion Cynthia

Champion Cynthia

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  8. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

[​IMG]

Does anyone even know what is going on here with that statue version? It's not the same Falcon model is this some Palutena attack.
  9. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

Just looks like a Metal Box Captain Falcon to me.
  10. Champion Cynthia

Champion Cynthia

GameXplain said it was Metal box.

By the way... Does anyone know who is being attacked in the bottom left image?
    It looks like a color changed Sheik, but I'm not 100% positive whats going on.
    [​IMG]
  11. moonbound

moonbound

Lucina has guile's taunt so I pretty much can't not play her.
  12. Acklow

Acklow

13. AeroNightmare

AeroNightmare

Hurray for clones. Whichever one is faster out of Lucina/Marth will probably get used. The other will remain a shadow. Such a travesty for a character with a shetton of potential.

Anybody know whos in game speed stat is naturally higher?
  14. Focus

Focus I'm waiting you...

So Chrom wasn't added because he would have been just another swordsman, while Lucina reeks of Marth clone. I get that Lucina being ever-so-slightly different from Marth is strictly better than having her be an alternate costume, but this is silly.
  15. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I don't understand why Chrom couldn't have been given Lucina's attribute instead.
  16. moonbound

moonbound

Lucina has variable speed based on who her mother is and it hardly matters because I think Ike's speed in his first game is higher than marth's
  17. AeroNightmare

AeroNightmare

So much for consistency. It's hard to dismiss the theory just based on that though. Ike and Marth weren't clones.
  18. Relados

Relados

Yeah, I don't really get Sakurai's comment of "not wanting another swordsman." Lucina somehow got added anyway.
    Valmanway likes this.
  19. Wishy

Wishy

Kinda strange reasoning. He decided not to add Chrom so as to avoid having yet another Fire Emblem sword-wielder, but Lucina got it because she was only a little different than Marth and got upgraded from costume to full-on character. She's not replacing or stealing anyone's spot so ultimately it really doesn't matter though. I was hoping that she would at least have some different attacks and a bit more variability in some attributes (attack speed, recovery, jump, etc).
  20. Runic

Runic

It's obvious why. Lucina is just a skin with slightly different hitbox properties, something that could be finished in not even a week. Chrom would've been a completely new character, meaning that they would have to create a new model, design a brand new moveset, and constantly playtest and tweak him to make sure that he's balanced with the rest of the cast. And considering that only half of the confirmed cast is ready to be presented after two years in development, it's safe to say that it would take much longer.
  21. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

since I mentioned this on IRC and nobody remembered it but jrp (who found the link in the first place), here's an interesting link from a while ago.

So far, we've got 36 characters out. Who remains?

Likely:

Game and Watch (technically confirmed?)
    Jigglypuff
    Ness
    Wario
    Ganondorf
    Meta Knight
    Ice Climbers (how could I have forgotten???)

In that article:

Geno
    Layton

Speculation:

Lucas (this is kinda questionable; there's no good reason to cut Lucas, if only because I can see Mother 3 getting a legit localization soon)
    Falco
    Rob
    Mewtwo
    Wolf
    Snake
    Ridley

If we're being pretty conservative, it looks like we'll have about 47 characters at the very least.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  22. Relados

Relados

Game and Watch's status is kinda confusing - it would've been really easy to confirm him after Pac-Man's Trailer, and the fact that he hasn't been yet is disconcerting. Jigglypuff, Ness, Wario, Ganondorf and Meta Knight all seem like given veterans.
  23. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I think Sakurai made a mistake with the G&W in Pacman's trailer, because now a bunch of people already consider him confirmed, a bunch have no idea, and even more have various different views on the matter. I kinda thing G&W is just going to be quietly ignored until its time for a full roster reveal, or just when the game comes out and people unlock/see him.
    Relados likes this.
  24. Runic

Runic

If Game & Watch isn't in, then Sakurai might as well eat an entire Gameboy and shit it out on Gunpei Yokoi's grave. There's no way they'd cut the first handheld character from the first handheld Smash Bros.
    Shinryu and Relados like this.
  25. LemonGirl

LemonGirl

Don't forget the Ice Climbers.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)