Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Sooo did i miss it or are Lucas and Ness still unconfirmed?
Ness is more or less confirmed because of the character roster pic, but there is no sign that Lucas will return afaik except possibly as DLC.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The videos were taken down. Nintendo might as well just announce the newcomers now that they've all but confirmed it for us.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Whilst I am not unhappy if that is the final roster, the glaring omission of the Ice Climbers is cause for concern... Let's just hope they pop up at minimum in the WiiU version (I know they didn't want platform specific characters, but come on IC's are a given really). I don't mind not having them in the 3DS version, but not having them all together (especially when Rosalina and possibly the Chorus Boys exist is a hard pill to swallow).

Anyone else feel like the leaks are half fake? The leaker kinda showed us videos of bowser Jr and Shulk and then said "Oh these characters are also in", with nothing to back that part up. I feel like obviously Shulk and bowser jr. are confirmed but i feel thinks like Dog hunt dog and Doc Mario are still fake, but maybe thats just me. Also I just have a hard time believing the characters that aren't unlocked, such as Mach Rider. Having so many retro reps seems weird if you ask me.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Who the fuck are Chorus Boys and why would they be considered popular enough to be included? I understand they're from some Rhythm game but come on that just seems ludicrous to me. (Then again, I'm super pumped for Hunt Duck Dog so e.e)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
UM...

Nintendo can make a DCMA claim against things claiming to be Smash 4, whether or not they actually are from Smash 4. In fact, I'd assume that Nintendo would want to take this down regardless of whether or not it was true, since it detracts from their schedule of releasing characters either way.

breh

強いだね
Who the fuck are Chorus Boys and why would they be considered popular enough to be included? I understand they're from some Rhythm game but come on that just seems ludicrous to me. (Then again, I'm super pumped for Hunt Duck Dog so e.e)
Rhythm Heaven is actually really fun! Here's my favorite from the DS game and here's my favorite from the the (Japanese) Wii game. It's kinda hard to explain, but it's a really entertaining video game with a really simple premise.

Also I swear to god if we get DLC Lucas......... Why does Nintendo hate Mother 3???????

I don't want more clones; I know they will have different movesets but would it really be that bad if sakurai held off from adding them? The roster is already HUGE and you don't need to pad it.

UM...

Nintendo can make a DCMA claim against things claiming to be Smash 4, whether or not they actually are from Smash 4. In fact, I'd assume that Nintendo would want to take this down regardless of whether or not it was true, since it detracts from their schedule of releasing characters either way.
This is the only copyright claim they have made though.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This is the first leak to get picked up by non gaming news organizations. It's not feasible to find every account on neogaf claiming ridley's playable. Not that this is fake. IDK myself, but it getting taken down isn't proof in and of itself.

Well in official news we got 2 more music tracks last night.
www.smashbros.com/us/music

The video was up for about 3 hours, but Nintendo of America acted again. Just the fact that Nintendo would remove this leak but none of the others leads me to be able to confidently say what we have seen so far is real.

Last edited:
Come on people, when a video gets deleted from Youtube, consider maybe re-hosting somewhere other than Youtube.
I swear there's like 50 youtube mirrors of the original vids and most have just been deleted again.

Also, for the record: We probably haven't seen all characters just yet; in the leaks, All-Star mode is locked which indicates unlocked character.

Also, idk if you guys remember the palutena leak from way back, but the 4chan guy I just mentioned reportedly faked that.

How can nintendo draw attention to something like this in such an obvious way. I think the artwork of the leaks is pretty damn good so I believed it just because of the jr bowser gif and how the clown face had a sad face when he was thrown at the screen.

breh

強いだね
We aren't going to have ridley as a character; even if it matches up with current leaks it doesn't mean it's not bs

Pic of the day. Spectator Mode is available even on the compact 3DS version!! In this mode, you can watch players all around the world fight and make bets with in-game gold. Wager wisely by checking out the player names, rules, win rates, odds, fighters, and stage!!

(Comment)

Being able to cheer someone on is what really makes spectating matches fun. This time, 1st and 2nd place will get prizes in four-player matches, and spectators can bet the gold they win on Bonus Chances.

More insight on the leak:

Last edited:

This is one of the leaked pictures, he beat Sakurai to it. Also, the leak uses the same Mii's that Sakurai used most likely meaning someone at Namco or Sakurai himself leaked it, however preset Mii's is still a possiblily. The spectate menu seems to be the exact same.

(Double post to give myself more space to work)

Last edited:
So using the roster we absolutely know is legit I came up with a list of characters that I will likely main/use often/use less often/use never. This is still subject to change if there are any more characters.

Main
Capt. Falcon

Secondary
Little Mac, Dr. Mario, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus

Might Play Occasionally
Ike, Falco, Mega Man, Toon Link, Shulk, Random

Fuck Off
Lucario

How about you guys?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
Mains
DONKEY KONG, WARIO, DUCK HUNT DOG

Secondary
LITTLE MAC, DEDEDE, LUCINA, MEGA MAN

idc about the rest ill play everyone

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I'll probably play whatever feels most natural based on what random gives me

So I'll probably play a character that can float/fly and comes as unlocked immediately

Im maining Pit

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The same three I've always mained... Luigi, Ness and Kirby. Secondarys will likely be Falcon, Greninja and Samus. SgtWoodsy Lucario will probably join the "never play as" tier for me too, as well as Wario.

I'll probably play as everyone a fair bit though, Randoms is sometimes too funny to ignore. I'll likely play as whichever of my mains is unlocked first (two were available in Melee, which means Ness first). Then probably screw around with Megaman/Pacman and the other total newcomers that are available until I unlock more characters. At least with us being a few weeks behind Japan, we will know all the shortcuts to unlocking our favourite characters!

Bowser is going to be my main for sure. Ike will be a close runner-up.

I also look forward to trying Link, who is supposedly buffed somewhat, as well as Little Mac, Robin and Greninja.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
I'd like to play as Sonic, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that he's changed from his previous role as "get the Smash Ball kill EVERYONE". I generally prefered playing as ZSS and DDD last generation so I'll be looking forward to ZSS's (I'm not a manifestation of sexism I just have combat high heels and 2 different bikini alternate skins) combat changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)