Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
8 costume colours basically confirms more leaks, although that number was becoming really obvious. All having 8 is going to be really good though. Also I thought pink samus was more about the missile selection colour from the NES Metroid, oh well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Her Gravity Suit is purple in Super Metroid too anyway, I'm not sure where they decided SNES Gravity Suit is now pink and attributed the Smash costume to that. But man, it would've been way more sweet if she actually got the models of each of those suits instead of eight colored Varia Suits. (Well, Light / Dark / Fusion / Dark Samus anyway. Gravity Suit has always been a Varia reskin.)

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
The first row seems pretty filled out. I can't think of anybody the Mario series is missing at all, besides maybe Toad (please no please no please no)

Looking at the second row, it seems pretty unlikely that they'll receive more than 1 more rep (that one being Dixie Kong). LoZ is kind of at a dead end as far as main characters goes, but they could possibly do a surprise Demise/Ganon/Vaati appearance, but I think Sakurai will have a heart attack if he has to introduce more villains.

As for the third row, KI seems the most likely to get more reps, as Magnus, Phosphora, and even Pyyrhon could all be viable characters (at least moreso than Dark Pit). Kirby franchise would have one hell of a time fitting in something else; my guess would actually be Blade/Sword Knight, as Bandana Dee seems a bit too...passive, if you will. FE seems the most unlikely to get any more characters-Tiki and Naga have Ridley syndrome, Lyn is an AT, and Roy...yeah. If anything, Eliwood would probably fill this space. EDIT: omfg I forgot Anna (/shame); assume she'll be there over Eliwood if FE does get a rep

On the fourth row, Star Fox is almost guaranteed at least one more character, most likely Wolf. Krystal is also a possibility, but that honestly feels more like wishful thinking ;_;. Pokemon might get 1 more rep-Mewtwo, Blaziken, Zoroark, Gallade, and just about every popular bipedal Pokemon could fill the slot.

The fifth row seems like the "Miscellaneous" row, so if there would be additions, it would likely be from other games. Keep in mind the Miis have to fit somewhere, so it's likely either this row or the last one. If they do put one more character in to that row, my guess (hope?) would be Ice Climber(s).

The sixth row will either stay the same, have the addition of the Mii fighters, or randomly get a ton of third-party characters, although at this point it would be weird things like Nightmare and Snake. There's also the possibility row 5 will flood in to row 6, with the clones + Mii fighters filling out the bottom row.

tl;dr: I'd say Wolf, a Pokemon (Mewtwo?), Ice Climber(s), and a Kid Icarus character or Krystal are most likely to be the final characters.

Last edited:

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Her Gravity Suit is purple in Super Metroid too anyway, I'm not sure where they decided SNES Gravity Suit is now pink and attributed the Smash costume to that. But man, it would've been way more sweet if she actually got the models of each of those suits instead of eight colored Varia Suits. (Well, Light / Dark / Fusion / Dark Samus anyway. Gravity Suit has always been a Varia reskin.)

I don't know, one could argue that it's pink. Would've made more sense if he said it was based on the original game's Varia suit.

Disappointing to see we aren't getting different models for the Dark and Fusion suit.

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really wonder why Dark Pit was made a separate character when he could have very easily been an alternative colour scheme for Pit, yet Dark Samus and (assumingly) Dark Link are alternative colour schemes. It's not like Dark Pit has any features that are different from Pit - at least Lucina has a slightly different model instead of just a colour change, and Dr Mario has tablets instead of fire balls
3 new undeserving clone characters, and Ridley is crying in a corner
Basically because Dark Pit gets mechanics changes. Dark Samus/Link don't have differed mechanics, so they don't get to be clones. Likewise, Lucina and Dr Mario have differed mechanics from their hosts beyond just model change/PEELS HERE.

I don't really think Dark Link would ever qualify for clone status (his whole GIMMICK is that he's a exact duplicate of Link), but Dark Samus might be a clone in the future. Maybe. Who knows.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I thought Dark Pit's whole gimmick was that he was an exact duplicate of Pit as well.

Losing semi-clones like Lucas in favor of more explicit clones is annoying. They could have differentiated Lucina and Marth a bit more than just removing the tip effect. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit's moves are unknown, but if Lucina is anything to go by they'll also be nearly complete clones.

(also the horrible fanart I saw when searching for this picture has caused me to go blind)

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If dark pitt's attacks change to include stuff like the dark Pitt staff and raptor claws, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I think including him cuts out other, different "clones" like wolf and Lucas

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If dark pitt's attacks change to include stuff like the dark Pitt staff and raptor claws, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I think including him cuts out other, different "clones" like wolf and Lucas
more like Pandora Claws. Would be surprised if they disregarded that connection and went with some of the other weapons.

I seem to remember hearing that Miis were getting an entirely separate menu option than the other fighters. Like, when you first open up the game, you are given the option to choose from a list of mii fighters and a list of the "regular cast."

It'd explain why we haven't seen the Miis on any of these rosters yet, I think.

If we're going to have to deal wit Pittoo being in the game, at least give him the Lightning Chariot as his Final Smash.

Dark Pit's schtick is definitely being a mirror of Pit, thankfully, Uprising gives more than enough options for a completely different moveset, I'm hoping it does turn out like that...

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
i think it's basic logic that dark pit isn't calling heaven's army (if that is still the final smash for pit)

So there was a pretty great thread about character placement on the character roster on reddit's smash bros section and it pointed out two things I missed:
  • The families of characters are in descending order from oldest to newest
  • All of the characters with one franchise rep are in order from oldest to newest starting with G&W and ending with Shulk.
Now the trends I noticed still seem to hold true with characters not moving around, but I think the chronological order part is a lot sturdier of a constraint. If you want to suspend the characters 'can't move around thing', basically every single franchise can introduce two or more new characters except for Mario with the free floating one rep per franchise guys flowing across the board to fill in the gaps. I guess that's one way for you to get just about whoever you want out of the last five roster slots (or four if you want to follow the final gematsu character).

As for me, this would be my hopeful roster using the last slots arranged in the style I just mentioned (and yes it includes the big three):

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
What's with all the Magnus love anyway? He was pretty much the least important or interesting character in the game.

Yeah, but don't let Sakurai or the hardcore KI:U fans hear you say that.
tbh Sakurai's pretty bad at character development and plotline in general; we only really see development in Viridi and Dark Pit. The main thing about Magnus is he makes the most sense for a fighter, since he isn't 100 feet tall and spends a good amount of his time on-screen fighting.
Also, regarding the second sentence, Dark Pit is literally a clone of Pit; there's not much insulting about canon :o

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah omg guys it's not as if it would have been hard for Sakurai to model the dark suit. All he'd have to is color some truck tires poop brown and ducktape them to the original model. C'mon Sakurai why are you depriving us of this amazingly well designed outfit!!!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
in other news ive now listened to the smash 4 theme on loop like 8 times in a row and _it hasnt gotten old yet_

Yeah omg guys it's not as if it would have been hard for Sakurai to model the dark suit. All he'd have to is color some truck tires poop brown and ducktape them to the original model. C'mon Sakurai why are you depriving us of this amazingly well designed outfit!!!
Who's talking about the Dark suit? What I want is Dark Samus.

And the Fusion suit would be cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)