XY Ubers Superheroes

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

Introduction

Hello i'm Bluwing and im fairly new to the ubers meta, ive been thinking for a long time to really grab some serious knowledge off this meta because it's such a cool and interessting metagame. So basically I just went on and read some stuff about the ubers metagame and came out with this team, i'm fairly happy with this team as in my own eyes it's pretty solid synergy wise and can deal with most stuff ive faced on the ladder. Ive played an decent amount off games on the ladder with this team going 48-13 which i find decent as im new to the ubers metagame and then ofc ive done some mistakes in game. Basically this team is build around Mega Lucario just because it's my favourite mega and I find it as an pretty solid pokemon in the metagame. Anyway enough bragging, lets move on to my teambuilding process!

Step 1:

This is the core I started with, and I found it to be quite solid as both Lucario and Ho-Oh deals with eachothers checks respectively, so I felt that I went on with a strong start.

Step 2:

After ive been looking on my core I knew i needed a defoger as Ho-Oh totally needs one no matter what. Also noticed Giratina-O only wasn't good at defoging, but it was also an ok ekiller check while also being an excellent Kangaskan + Mewtwo check with nice utility in Dragon Tail and decent priority in Shadow Sneak.

Step 3:

After putting Giratina-O on the team I noticed I was still pretty weak to ekiller and dragon types in general. So I decided to use defensive Groudon and specially defensive Xerneas with Toxic + Roar to deal with Arceus-Electric and have 3 solid checks to Geomancy Xerneas. The team was taking some serious form now, and I had basically every utility move and firepower that I needed.

Step 4:

As you might have noticed until now my team has some serious problems with Kyogre, so basically the only pokemon left I needed was an water type. Arceus-Water was by far the best choice off all the Kyogre checks and I made it an Refresh + CM set which can sweep late game as I already had a defoger in Giratina-O, it also gave me a second check to Palkia as my Xerneas doesn't carry Rest. So then my team was finished, lets move on to an more detailed description about every pokemon.

In Detail

Groudon @ Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
Earthquake | Stone Edge | Toxic | Stealth Rock
Groudon is my main physical wall and Stealth Rock setter. Groudon is excellent just because off it's massive bulk, excellent attack stat and it's amazing ability in Drought making Ho-Oh's fire stab stronger, and also gives my team an easier time against water types in general. EdgeQuake is amazing coverage and lets Groudon hit the majority off pokemon in ubers for neutral damage as well as hitting Ho-Oh hard. Toxic is mainly for Arceus formes especially Arceus-Ghost as it can be an really annoying pokemon to wear down. Stealth Rock is my last move and is basically essential in any team.

Lucario @ Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Close Combat | Iron Tail | Stone Edge | Bullet Punch
Lucario is both an wallbreaker and an late game cleaner due to it's massive power, great speed stat and decent priority. Lucario is an massive force to be reckoned with as it has decent coverage, but it's backed up by it's amazing ability which makes it stab moves 2x stronger instead of 1,5x. Dual stab is mandatory as they are greatly boosted by adaptability and carry decent coverage in general. Stone Edge is there basically for Ho-Oh as otherwise Ho-Oh would be a huge threath to my team. Changes that could be made is using Swords Dance over Iron Tail to improve it's wallbreaking and sweeping ability, but im not sure whats the best.

Ho-Oh @ Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, SAtk)
Brave Bird | Sacred Fire | Earthquake | Sleep Talk
Ho-Oh is my main stallbreaker as it has an incredible stab combination backed up by a fire move with an 50% burn chance, Regenerator and excellent bulk. Ho-Oh is such an spammable pokemon if rocks are off the field as it can just spam Brave Birds and heal up with Regenerator, this combination makes Ho-Oh one off the most destructive pokemon in the ubers metagame. Dual stab is mandatory here as well as it gives excellent coverage and nice utility in Sacred Fire's burn chance. Earthquake is there for Arceus-Rock and Zekrom which otherwise walls this set cold. The last move is Sleep Talk which is basically just there to tank Dark Voids, and Spores while still being able to hit right off the bat.

Giratina-Origin @ Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Shadow Sneak | Dragon Tail | Will-O-Wisp | Defog
Giratina is my defoger + normal spam check and sports amazing bulk, great utility and decent priority. Giratina is an excellent defoger as well as sporting nice utility in Dragon Tail + WoW, it's also very bulky and sports good typing and good dual stab. Dragon Tail and Shadow Sneak is basically for phazing out setup sweepers, rack up hazard damage and revenge frail sweepers. WoW is there for burning threats like Ekiller and Kangaskhan, but also for burning physical walls like Groudon and Landorus-T to easen up sweeps for Lucario and wallbreaking for Ho-Oh. Lastly is defog which is one the most important moves on this team, basically because off Ho-Oh.

Xerneas @ Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
Moonblast | Aromatherapy | Toxic | Roar
Xerneas is my specially defensive wall and sports amazing bulk, excellent typing, and highly important utility. Xerneas is my main check to dragons and Yveltal, while also being my third check to Geomancy Xerneas. Xerneas also sports important utility in form off Aromatherapy, Toxic and Roar which keeps my team healthy and helps my team against setup sweepers and bulky walls. Moonblast is the stab off choice and gets a nice boost from Fairy Aura. Aromatherapy is there to keep my team healthy and also lets me play my pokemon more agressively. Toxic + Roar racks up nice damage and keeps setup sweepers in check.

Arceus-Water @ Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Judgement | Refresh | Calm Mind | Recover
Arceus-Water is the glue off my team and has excellent overall bulk, a form off recovery, great boosting move and excellent stab move in Judgement. Arceus is easely the most versaile pokemon in the whole game and therefor so easy to fit on teams. Arceus-Water was picked because it glues my team together by checking Kyogre, Ho-Oh, other Arceus formes, Palkia etc. It also works as an late game cleaner as it has Calm Mind + Refresh which means it doesn't mind status at all. Judgement is the move off choice as it becomes a 100 base power water move. Refresh + Calm Mind works excellet together as this lets Arceus setup easier and makes it more consistent. Recover is mandatory as this gives Arceus excellent longivity.

Finishing Words

Thanks for reading my reading my rmt I hope you enjoyed it. So as I said im fairly new to the ubers metagame and therefor posting this team to get constructive critique and helpfull tips to improve my Ubers knowledge as well as my Ubers teambuilding skills, so that was all thanks in advance.

Hey Bluwing, interesting team, I don't see much problems with it baring that I think you rely only on Mega Lucario to check Geomancy Xerneas, which I think is not ideal. I don't think there's much to do about it though. One think you can do however is change the Ho-Oh EVs to a more defensive EV spread, these being: 208 HP / 184 Atk / 100 SpD / 16 Spe, this allows you take a +2 Thunder from Xerneas 100% of the time (At full HP) and still doing about 90-107% damage with Sacred Fire in sun, not counting that you get the burn, you can just revenge kill it with Mega Lucario or Giratina's priority moves.

Nice team, Good Luck :]

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate Edgar! Yah I guess Geo Xern can be problematic if it's played well so ill use that spread!

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Bluwing,

This is a very solid team. I agree with Edgar's spread, it's a nice spread. I'm not going to do major changes but I have a few suggestions.

1. Thunder Wave > Toxic on Groudon: This allows you to not be setup fodder for Geomancy Xerneas. This greatly helps you versus Geomancy Xerneas because it eliminates one of it's main set up opportunities. It also messes with other stuff too, but mainly it stops Xerneas.

2. Changing the Waterceus spread. Max speed is nice, but in my opinion running enough to outspeed Gengar, which is 176+ Speed is enough, allowing you to put the rest in SAtk and hopefully get Xerneas in range of Luke's BP after rocks. You do have Gira-O as well with priority but still it's nice to not have to sack most of your team. So yeah something like 248 HP / 84 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Timid Nature.

I also just want to say, I'm not really sure how much I like Toxic / Roar SpDef Xerneas, but I won't argue as I have not used the set before. Also, keep the Lucario set as is without SD. If you were to use it, it would be over Stone Edge, as the other three moves are mandatory, but without Stone Edge you put more pressure on Waterceus versus Ho-Oh.

Good luck!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate haxiom! Thunder Wave on Groudon sounds nice, but I guess both Toxic and T-Wave can work ill be sure to try it out. The waterceus spread sounds good, and thank you for explaining it's selling points over the max max waterceus.

Cool concept but I dislike the physical wall overlap between impish don and Giratina-o. Since the latter is your phazer and defoger to Ekiller I'd vouch for a fast lum support groudon to put better pressure on Dialga, defog Arceus and Ho-oh. Alternatively, a fast ep Groudon can help dealing damage to physical walls, overloading them alongside Ho-oh and Lucario.

I also dislike using CM waterceus on this team, you are still able to beat stall and it doesn't help against Kyogre very much if it can't spread status to combat its teammates. A combo of Ferro+Kyogre+Lando-T could prove really nasty to play against. I'd suggest trying an sdef toxic Palkia over Waterceus to handle Kyogre better. With sdef Palkia to help with Eleceus, the Xerneas can be changed to scarf to help for cleanin and revenge killing, something these teams appreciate in general. This comes with the cost of not fitting an Arceus but it might be worth trying at least. An optional/fun change to try if you go with all of these changes are EQ Lucario to help you lure in Aegislash to help open up for a Xerneas clean. Also go with the Edgar EVs on Ho-oh. Good luck!

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate Hack! I really like your suggestions tho I get kinda worried about other Palkias if im going for the scarf Xerneas, but ill be sure to try these changes out!

I just want give a huge thank you to you guys that have rated, it's been a huge help and ive also started to understand Ubers teambuilding a lot more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)