Survivor SURVIVOR - Won by rssp1

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Walrein - I blindsided you because I thought you were a threat, and your desire to go with the flow was something that made it hard to work with you (along with you aiming to blindside one of my closest allies). I feel like I played a better game than Blazade because I was willing to scramble and get my hands dirty when the going got tough. Hopefully you will see my gameplay the way I do.
what does this even mean lmao, i was like the only one who didn't try to pick a buttbuddy i was as contrarian as they come

I am beginning to feel insulted by the lack of respect rssp1 seems to have for the integrity of the alliance. More and more he's willing to claim that I was worth nothing more than a vote and that is fucking laughable. You think a dick waving contest within our own alliance is what should be the final decider in this game? That if I was the public face and went out to execute the plans we made together that I would be deserving instead? Would you rather we accost people together just to let them know we were tighter with each other than we were with them? Would you have been as loyal to me if I was the public face? Want to toss out metrics like voting correctly and challenge wins? We agreed on the votes the whole game (Read: I wasn't sheeping you) and won when it counted (I personally pulled out a clutch win either for Otaka or for us at least 3 times).

My game is not at all lazy, and in fact played out pretty much how I intended it to from the beginning. I drew from the strong precedent set by players in my position; by establishing the proper connections early and influencing the game without attracting attention themselves, under the radar players have beaten top tier threats even in final tribal time and time again even as the game evolves. I would trust only the closest allies, and do so absolutely. I would stand up for myself when necessary and do just well enough in challenges. This was never necessary, however; the only time I ever felt I was even close to being in danger was when billy won immunity in f4. I talked to him just enough to confirm that he had no respect for me and not only would I not get taken to rocks, I'd go to f2 in every case. I would never set plans in stone for final X other than 2-3 because there's only so far any alliance can go, preferring to read the playing field and make sure my vote was in the right place every cycle. In a forum game where communication is neither regular nor forced by circumstance and environment, this meant not seeming too eager by trying to get an opinion on or gather votes from everyone, playing aloof and getting my trusted info on alliances from rssp1, who would neither lie to nor manipulate me. The minute people thought I wasn't playing the game, I'd already secured my spot and by extension boosted rssp1's position considerably. Inasmuch as he was negotiating, my role in the alliance significantly changed the dynamics of negotiation when some people didn't even know we were working together.

The fact of the matter is, outside of rssp1 I considered basically everyone to be a threat because I couldn't trust them to go to the final 2 with me if there was one (final 2 is determined in the first 5 minutes for most people as it was for me, or at least I felt it safe to assume that) and they were otherwise all strong players in their own right. In forum survivor there's not anyone looking for free screentime, no ridiculously dumb or violent stirrers casted to create Reality TV Drama; you are all smart people and any path that would have gotten you to the final 2 would have been calculated. As long as in every tribal council there was a palpable divisive conflict between good players, I could rest easy. In this aspect I'll say I got lucky with how my tribe and the merge panned out. On Moto pre or post swap I may not have won as often, nor survived to the merge(the same can be said of rssp1 I feel). I also knew from the beginning twin couldn't go the whole game without flipping on the 5 but I'm lucky that happened earlier rather than later because it fractured the whole tribe and put a target on twin's back. After that, there were so many bombs in zorbees, trace, billy, RODAN, Walrein, and even Yeti from a social standpoint that couldn't risk taking us out before f4 without some grave reason to do so.

Remember, rssp1, when I told you to make sure Trace had the idea to vote zorbees because psychologically it made him more likely to be trusted in carrying out the vote? Even in, and often especially in situations of obvious play, it was very important to me to make sure that I wasn't aggressive in our conversations. Asking questions when I disagreed with plans, agreeing wholeheartedly when I had had the same idea, but never pushing, never trying to make sure certain people were in our final four, or in our alliance, never giving off the sense that I had an agenda outside of us because it was completely fucking unnecessary to. All I needed was your loyalty and understanding that we were working toward each other's mutual benefit, because that was my connection to the outside world, and my insurance against a catastrophe (such as zorbees winning immunity a couple times and also deciding to turn and gain more outside support against me) that never even came close to happening except with billy at the very end.

My game was subtle and tight in all circumstances, a strong, calculated under the radar game to parallel the strong, calculated under the radar games of many past winners of the show. rssp1 and I worked together wonderfully, and there's no mistaking that in addition to, and as an extension of working to our mutual benefit he also worked to serve himself. However, the same can absolutely be said of me while I had a better standing should our alliance be broken and less psychological bad blood with the jury in any case. I truly believe that this game's vote should come down to personal philosophy and what kind of game you respect, and I also believe that my game is worthy of the title of Sole Survivor. Whatever decision is reached by the jury, it has truly been a pleasure. Thank you.

what does this even mean lmao, i was like the only one who didn't try to pick a buttbuddy i was as contrarian as they come
That's what i'm trying to say, you were averse to alliances and I interpreted that as more of a "anyone but me" mentality. By going with the flow, I didn't mean in terms of the way the game was played, more of that you were like "what happens happens." That's how I thought your attitude was, if i'm wrong then sorry for misunderstanding I suppose.

This post is right above me
I do not at all have a lack of respect for the integrity of our alliance at all; I just feel that my game was better and thus that it deserves the win. Had this been flipped, and I did everything you did and you did everything I did, I would have voted for you. I'm not trying to call you a bad player at all. I simply feel that everything you said you did for me, I also provided for you. Also, the reason you considered everyone a threat is because I built up everyone's positive characteristics whenever possible so that you would never perceive anyone aside from myself as your ideal F2 (which you also did by consistently pushing "we lose to anyone else", to be fair). What I read your argument as is "Both rssp and I made the same decisions, I managed to convince people I was not a threat, and my game mirrored the strong UTR games of past winners of the show." Right?
I don't see how us making the same decisions catapaults you into being more worthy than me. I ALSO managed to convince everyone else that there were bigger threats out there (or I just managed to keep bigger threats around) until f4 when billy saw me as one. Even then, I managed to convince billy that I wasn't a threat and that it was in his best interests to vote out Trace. So MAYBE i'm slightly less successful in the aspect of seeming unthreatening. However, Blazade, what you're missing is that while the UTR winners of the game may not have a super strong strategic or maybe even not a super strong physical game, they ALWAYS have an incredibly strong social game. From what I see based on your interactions with the jury, I don't think that's the case for you. Both twin and yeti feel no real connection to either of us, you barely interacted with Trace and zorbees, and I honestly have no idea what your interactions with walrein, billy, and haruno are but I assume they were minimal.
You can argue that you talked through decisions with me (for every vote after f7 this was the case), but I was the one who actually made what we talked through happen. You can argue that you were strong in challenges, but honestly we were both pretty mediocre. I do not see, however, how you can argue that you played a strong social game since it seems that aside from me, you didn't create any strong social bonds with other people at all.
In the end, you are correct that people did not see you as a threat, but that was because they did not see you playing a strategic, challenge-based, or social game (I understand that that was your goal, but that is the only reason you may have made it to the end if I had messed up and gotten voted out).

Don't even try to say the only reason I perceived others as a threat is because you convinced me of it lol. I'm talking about perspective I had from the start, since as I said I assumed people buddied up very quickly.

The rest is arguments we've hashed out already. You're willing to say convincing people you weren't a threat was something you did on your own, I'm saying that it was an extension of our collective game of which I played a very integral part. You want to say that you solely orchestrated votes and connections that changed the course of the game, I'm saying that our success was rooted the fact that that game flow was very natural considering the notoriety of players left. You're willing to say you dragged me along and that I haven't played the game as well, yet if I played a different game I truly feel I would have been playing suboptimially by making more enemies, creating a worse inward and outward dynamic within our own alliance, and possibly ruining my chances at being here.

I'm saying you perceived other people as greater threats than me because I convinced you of it.

I honestly don't see how you did anything that made me seem like a smaller threat, unless you're saying that you did well at distancing yourself from me? I also disagree that the game flow was natural - had I not done anything at all / played a similar game to you, RODAN would have been gone at 9, you or myself at 8, and then the other one at 7. Me not sitting around and taking the game into my own hands is what allowed us to get back into the majority.

I'm not saying I dragged you along at all, although I do believe I played better than you. Perhaps you feel that you would have been playing suboptimally if you changed your gameplay because you make yourself a bigger threat, but the thing is the reason you weren't perceived as a threat is because you weren't a threat compared to everyone else left in the game. Maybe you could have left all the strategic moves to me while developing social connections with members of the jury, but you did not do that, as was clear from the reactions of the jury members. Essentially, my argument is: If I played a stronger strategic game, created stronger social bonds, and did overall the same when it came to challenges (and thus overall played a better game), in what situation do you deserve the win over me?

Well that's bullshit, I'm sorry.

Yeah proper distancing is important. I'm not sure how true that is especially if voting Haruno was a one time thing as twin had claimed, but more importantly you were never going to take a backseat and instead scramble. Paramount to me was making sure that everyone was doing what they were comfortable with, while having that comfortable situation fit my standing in this game. For you that was making sure you felt like you had control, and for everyone else it was making sure that there was on obvious threat to vote out. Even if RODAN got voted out at 9 I'm sure we wouldn't even have to swing a twin, trace, or zorbees vote, and in fact the others would be looking to us for help in that rather than banding together in the biggest super alliance of power players itg.

If your argument is that I was never a threat, that I had no out to a win in any case, then why are we talking? If your argument is that I could have gone behind your back to try and make better relations with everyone else, you don't understand that that's A) a risk to coming back around to you that I didn't want to take, and B) something that went against my philosophy of making my votes as least stabby as possible. You wanted to take zorbees to the final 4, realized you couldn't, and stabbed him. I never trusted him, or anyone else fully, and the vote to keep myself in the game was natural. There aren't any reward challenges, no real life interactions, so there's no way to butter someone up emotionally other than in the cold harsh strategic reality of votes and text which would have been empty promises in this case. Your assumptions about a better game are again from your own perspective of what you value in a game, and I've talked about our difference in opinion there enough.

Ok but even if we hadnt gone at 8/7 we would have been gone eventually barring an insane immunity run that you know neither of us could have pulled off due to the same reason everyone went for billy from f5 onwards.
Why wouldn't we argue? The entire point of this FTC is to convince the jury that your game was superior to the person sitting right next to you. Maybe the way I see it is that you weren't a threat, but my job is to convince the jury that this was true. The only way that you making relations with other people would be risky is that it could make you a threat because you had a social game. You don't need to butter people up to create social bonds with them - you can simply talk to them, whether it is about strategy or not and create an actual friendship with them. Sure, that means that when you are forced to stab them it feels absolutely terrible, but the bond you created with that person gives them a valid reason to vote for you in the end.
My assumptions about who played a better game is because I really don't see any argument from you about why you played a better game than you; at this point you're just saying "let's agree to disagree" when I looked at your argument and pointed out why each reason was something I did or something that you failed to do properly.

And I've made similar points about my conscious involvement in every step of my own game both in the short and long term, and about you twisting words and perspective to constantly make the case that I got carried or attribute to yourself an overexaggerated level of control over both me and everyone else.

I say we agree to disagree not because I've given up but because it's been talked to death. I've talked about the merits of my game and if you are willing to ignore them I can't say I'm surprised but you're not the one I need to convince.

I'm not overexaggerating any level of control over other people, but I am saying that I am responsible for convincing people to vote for the person that got voted off every time after f10. Perhaps people did have their own reasons for voting as they did, but the fact still stands that from f9 onwards I talked to each person who voted correctly at each TC and made sure to convince them to vote the way they did if i needed to.
If that's how you feel then alright, I dont want to excessively argue over something that will just end with us repeating ourselves.

Is there going to be a finale, like we go through episodes 1-13 then QnA then Final Tribal Council
oh uh that would be cool lol but i'm not getting paid (unfortunately) to produce something like an actual show. once i get the votes in I will reveal the winner + post a pretty comprehensive postgame once that is finished. otherwise, ppl are free to talk about the game and what not once the winner is revealed.

It's time. For well over 3 months, 16 people on Smogon competed against each other for the title of Sole Survivor. In the end, we we were left with only two: Blazade and rssp1. Now, it's time to reveal who the Jury decided is the winner of this game.

Before I reveal the votes I just want to add: congrats to you both Blazade and rssp1. Both of you guys did a fantastic job in lasting this long and making it to the end. You guys both put in a lot of work to get to this point and regardless of the outcome, I hope you guys know that it's very much an accomplishment to even reach this point. And thank you to everyone for playing. I couldn't have hosted this game without you guys, the players. Now I'm going to read the votes.

Remember that these votes are for a winner. You want to see your name come up. So for the last time, I'll read the votes.

First vote
rssp1

Second vote
Blazade

1 vote for rssp1, 1 vote for Blazade.

Third vote
rssp1

Fourth vote
rssp1

Fifth vote and the WINNER of Survivor...

rssp1!

Congratulations!!! Thank you guys again for a great game. Expect a postgame in 1-2 days, and expect it to be a long one. Feel free to discuss the game freely again! :]

Yo who gave me that one vote thanks for being nice.

Congrats rssp1 it was well deserved! You were a great partner and the only other person I'd want to see win it.

I wasn't gonna go down without a fight but I did think I played a good game for my position and I have no regrets.

oh man I actually did it
Thank you to everyone who played this game with me, it was a ton of fun.
Special shoutouts to zorbees and TraceofLife for being two great partners and friends that I made along the way; It was incredibly fun and i felt terrible when I eventually had to stab you both.
billymills deserves a shoutout too for going ham and almost destroying the alliance that took out all of his partners - the one or two times we worked together, it was fun talking to you.
and OF COURSE, a massive shoutout to Blazade! We teamed up on day 1 and formed an unstoppable duo, it was seriously great to have someone I could 100% put my faith in and to strengthen the friendship we already had before this game - i'd say its a hell of a lot stronger now.

Finally, thank you to Jalmont for hosting such an incredible game - it was very well run and interesting from the start all the way to the end. If only we (the players) could have finished the challenges earlier...

I wrote a lot about my strategy but i'll probably add the details I was keeping out (since admitting I made the mistakes I made makes my game seem weaker) plus other things I wasn't able to say. This game was a blast and i'm glad I was able to play it with you all.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
didn't read any of the tl;dr why u should vote for me and i'll ride ur footlong if u do vote for me. Got enough niggas on my dick already. I however am a very benevolent person and realized that rssp1 has a cursed life, winning next to no immunities or battles and mostly got by because no one wanted to vote incompetents off and not to mention he has a fetish for one of the shittiest pokemon created. So that in itself is a good enough reason to vote for rssp. Undeserved winner. He's getting kicked off day 1 and rufflet's will be hunted to extinction in the next survivor. Peace.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
I voted rssp because imo it takes a lot more effort to be the public face than it does to lie low. No disrespect to Blazade, you both played great - I just needed to vote SOMEBODY and that was the only reason I could come up with

Shoutout to my battling arch rival RODAN and to the only person that voted trace with me Yeti

Alliances are still dumb

Yeti

dark saturday
i voted rssp1 bc he was my teammate in RWBY mafia and pulled out the W and blazade won genius game so i gotta diversify the winners can't boost some1 twice gnomesayin ;\

really tho this game just resulted in the transition of unclesam x yeti as a meme to reality so i hope jalmont is happy with what he's done

i came away as the true winner of it <3

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i voted for rssp1; i had a much closer game relationship with him than i did with Blazade, and throughout the game i suspected the same was true for Traceoflife. i thought that building these relationships was what got you both to the end so the majority of the credit went to rssp1. I was willing to vote for Blazade if he showed enough answering some of the questions I asked and rssp1 didn't, but I felt as though that wasn't the case.

For the record, as soon as I saw the results of the Yeti vote-out, I pretty quickly went to RODAN and billymills and said that it was rssp1, Blazade, and Trace that voted out Yeti and that the three of us would be picked off if we didn't force a tie at 6, and I'm pretty sure both of them were on board to force a tie. I have to give you credit though for making a close alliance with Trace and voting off Yeti at 7, and as soon as I saw what happened I realize that I made a mistake in not contacting billy and Yeti in order to form a foursome and vote Trace off with a majority vote.

Throughout the game, I tried not to talk to the people on the other side of the alliance I was in. I figured that there would be a lot of communication between sides, which might have been a poor assumption, but I thought that if you guys knew that I wasn't planning anything, you would stay more loyal to me. I was actually planning on going to the end with you two until the Yeti vote-off, but was fully committed to flipping after that.

I can't speak for the rest of the jury but I certainly would have voted for Blazade over billymills if that was the final 2. I am always going to struggle justifying a victory for a player who was in the minority for pretty much the entire post-merge, only to survive because of an immunity run.

I actually really had a hard time at the Final 9 vote in deciding whether to vote out twin or Trace. In retrospect, I feel like I made the right decision for a couple of reasons. For one, I thought I had a better chance with rssp1, Blazade, and RODAN than I did with people like Yeti, Walrein, and billymills (Trace later told me you were interested at targeting me at the merge, which made me cautious of you for a little bit). Additionally, I wanted Trace around to be a bigger target than me, because I knew I would be a target before the game got too small. I feel like I would have done pretty well had I handled the final 7 vote correctly, and/or had RODAN not quit. Of course I can't really say what would have happened had I gone with Yeti Walrein billy twin etc, but whatever.

Yeah in hindsight voting out yeti wasnt the smartest move there but I was worried about that exact case happening (you or rodan flipping and forcing rocks) and wanted to not rely on others (since I knew neither trace nor blazade would flip on me, and I wouldn't flip on them) to ensure that i'd be fine at f6. I wasnt 100% sure where both your and RODAN's heads were at so I wasn't willing to take that risk (especially since there was legitimately no reason for me to vote out trace).
One of the main reasons that I went full steam ahead is because billy contacted trace and asked him who he wanted to vote for - this clued me in that you/rodan and billy/yeti weren't working together, so I realized I could push forward with 3 votes and get out who I wanted. If RODAN hadn't quit, I think billy becomes the swing vote since we would have gone for you then, so it would have been interesting to see how that plays out.
One of the funny things about that is that I was actually on vacation when that vote went down, so I was frantically using cellular to log on to smogon and check to see if you/rodan/blazade/trace had replied to me so I could actually get the vote to succeed. I was incredibly nervous and a third or so of the time went into worrying whether the voteout would work or not lol

Yeah rssp you kept being like how can I save face with RODAN and zorbees after this vote and I kept wondering how high you were thinking they were still with us. I thought Billy could be convinced to vote zorbees, however.

Yeti

dark saturday
i misplayed f7 vote by not talking to zorbees or rodan, billy was supposed to hit up rodan to vote zorbees out and really i just misread the situation and thought trace and blazade were the ones outside of the alliance. really my own fault for not bothering to talk to zorbees especially after trace so heavily blew me off and confirming he wasn't part of it and would vote trace. me/billy/zorb/rodan could've voted trace out and been rid of the strongest competitor and also taken a chunk out of the alliance. it puts zorbees in a precarious position going forward but people could've come forward to try and forge an alliance with me.

i would've gone billy over the other 2 just bc he actually voted with me and didn't vote me out lol

i stuck loyal with walrein on f8 trying to vote best guy trace out smh hoes ain't loyal but i am

I'm actually kind of curious as to how both blazade and I would have done vs billy
from what zorbees says, I think we both get him and trace (and each other most likely), while yeti and probably twin/walrein vote for billy. Which leaves haruno as the deciding vote?

i'm just gonna write the extra thoughts I was planning on doing later after jalmont does his postgame so i can account for all the information he has lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)