ORAS OU Suspect Test (top10 ORAS HO team)

SUSPECT TEST

This team is full of shit so powerful you don't even understand. Firstly to all you people going to jump on me for using megamence I know its a broken pile of shit that need to go. secondly all the idiots asking where my defogger or spinner is lots of teams pre gen 6 gave no ****s about hazards and this is the same. Now with all the shittalking out of the way let's get to the team.

Teambuilding process:

I originally ran a team of priority and game ending sweepers basically designed to kill you if you lacked an answer to even one of them, and that team is here: (scizor was originally a scarf lando but the ice weakness and lack of switchins to things like greninja was brutal)

KEEP THE NAMES (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Roost

KEEP THE NAMES (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

KEEP THE NAMES (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

KEEP THE NAMES (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Taunt

KEEP THE NAMES (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

KEEP THE NAMES (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

After a point I was just having a stupidly hard time with the many rain teams and certain stall cores so I went a far more traditional route of a dragmag style team:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 120 HP / 236 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento
- Defog

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

This team had its own problems, mostly after the 1400 mark or so, as I struggled with shed shell skarm, teams with just overloaded physical walls and an answer to latios, and I consistently felt like if the other team had no talonflame that dnite was just a liability as it was often a free switch, and wanted to just redesign my ho on a base level. The one thing I took from this team was it got me to the optimal ev spread for mono attacking megamence. I'll go into the details when I go over mence in the final team, but we'll say it involved a couple snafus with being killed/outsped by things that normally wouldnt be a problem (at a lower speed I was being outsped pre mevo by smeargle, which was just bad).

So now we get to the real thing y'all came here for, the team that hit top10:

First things first I knew I wanted to use this monster:

JUST LOOK AT HOW DELICIOUS IT IS.

Okay real talk this thing is an absolute monster. It can run physical, mixed, sub, dragon dance up and DESTROY teams. I knew I wanted to make the team around this gigantic threat, and I chose the most threatening set with the highest chance to sweep: mono-attacking subroost. The evs on it outspeed scarf lando at+1 and survive a life orb ice shard from weavile after sub. This set does risk being outsped by scarf latios at +1 but it also sets up on a LOT of stuff, including but not limited to excadrill, lando, ttar (bar ice beam sets) and can anti lead mega lopunny eating both fake out and ice punch and koing back with return given the intimidate drop. psyshock and scald from slowbro both take 2 hits to break sub, making it setup fodder without ice beam, and crobro is actually a liability against this set as it cant TOUCH mence and gets 2hkod at +2. Roosted volt switch from rotom (after they realize they cant willo wisp you because you run sub) doesnt break the substitute, and this set kos most landos at +1 after rocks, and all ferro but 252 bold at +2. Oh and banded tflame only does like 40% if that, banded espeed from dnite does even less, making this thing damn near impossible to revenge. Its huge, its ridiculous, and I personally hope it gets banned in the very near future.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

Okay now for all you scarfchomp haters this thing is my answer to most other mence and a very good late game cleaner for those teams that somehow handle mence or its good for softening walls for mence and forcing plenty of switches for stealth rock damage. In previous teams I had used sashlead chomp and after rocks it was subpar and I wished it was just a bit faster to take the damage right to them, and this thing makes greninja look super bad as you can basically go for any move and kill it. More dragons, redundant checks, weakens rotom and lando, solid mon.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Next I needed mon to handle skarm and ferro and also be in a high enough speed tier to not force me to switch much as a result. This thing destroys lati twins, ferro, skarm, some rotom pre mevo sceptile/mence, megagross, bisharp, the list is huge. It's fast and has ridiculous coverage which thanks to protean is never weak. The 4th moveslot has been played around with a lot (was originally gunk shot for azu/sylv/clef but I found with mence destroying those I never needed it, at one point was extrasensory to hit keldeo + rotom, but I found too often that ice beam slowbro/cress was stopping me from fully setting up behind a sub and talonflame greninja is commonly my lategame pair to clean up and talonflame isnt handling those, and nothing else really handles icebeam in the lategame, because bisharp usually doesnt survive that long, so dark pulse it was, still hits rotoms, I can switch chomp into keldeo on a non ice move and force it out, and slowbro and cress stopped being such a problem)

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Next I needed to find a lead and azelf is hands down my favorite HO lead as it does an honorable impression of deoS. It's damn fast as most things in the speed tier above it are megas, tflame, or ninja, and none of those can stop it setting rocks, and often (especially vs stall teams) the combo of knock off and taunt leads to some early momentum or cripples on key mons before azelf dies, and twave on people leading greninja/keldeo/talonflame completely cripples those mons. As a side note NEVER lead azelf vs a mlopunny team as it just destroys azelf with no chance for rocks. Just lead mence, take the fake out and force the switch getting free damage off with mence.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Next up I decided to add bisharp to complete the old school deosharp, as well as have a mon that can pick apart the double (and sometimes triple) steel teams, as well as some very strong priority to handle opposing sweepers. Knock off often forces a lot of switches and sometimes crippling damage on things like rotom. I had taunt over SD at one point, but fast rotom is becoming more popular and mew is always ev'd to outspeed, and chansey/slowbro are always forced out anyway, so it went back to being sd as sometimes you just outright sweep offensive teams going for a greedy stealth rocks with a garchomp/lando/etc. It also puts a huge stop to mega metagross, and stops intimidate spam from being free, as bisharp's defiant punishes that pretty hard. Bonus you also destroy webs. Adamant over jolly because anyone creeping bisharp creeps jolly anyway and jollysharp hits like a 2 year old.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

This last slot I wanted some unconditional Priority, but as previously mentioned dnite has some problems as well as being more ice weakness and the inability to bluff dual stab coverage. Talonflame can u-turn for momentum, and brave bird whittles down rotom/lando surprisingly quickly, also importantly it can switch into rocks twice, sometimes 1 hit is all you really need, and if you save tlfame for lategame, being at 50% health is sometimes not even relevant as you just brave bird to victory anyway. Max speed adamant because jolly hits EXTREMELY weakly if not an sd set, and gamefreak is a troll and max speed adamant outspeeds jolly 110s BY ONE POINT(LOL METAGROSS, literally the biggest reason I didn't build a megagross team). JK I'm lying I went to jolly after 1 too many weaviles killed my tflame. Wrecks keldeo, latis after rocks/chip damage, and most HO teams (I myself basically use chomp/bisharp to force talonflame to switch repeatedly and basically just die to rocks+roughskin).

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Roost

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Shoutouts to all those who watched this team climb and claw its way to top10, to cleanerthanrotom-W whose stall team absolutely dumpsters this team, and shoutout to all the salty folks because just like you I want megamence banned.

Last edited:
Tsk tsk, using mega mence like a jerk. It's people like you that ruin america. And no defogger? smh, what an awful team.

Pretty solid team, I hope you rot in hell. One thing I see is that your team p much gets obliterated by a +1 mega gyarados. how do you deal with that? And tbh all fast dragons kinda ruin this team when scarf chomp is gone. I don't think I should make changes cuz I'll just fuck it up. but it's something you and other raters should keep in mind.

Last edited:
+1 gyarados is outsped by chomp, and also gets rocked pretty hard by talonflame, the only thing it can really set up on is eq locked chomp, and unless it has ice fang isnt going to bother mence.

i edited in that i meant mega dos, but ya gyara is able to set up on eq lock, and it can mega evo vs greninja andtake minimal damage from all it's moves

But it still has to switch in on something and probably put itself into tflame range. It can be a threat but like most threats you have to respect them and play accordingly. If it gets to +1 uncontested or ends up behind a sub its obviously going to cost me at least a mon, but generally you try to avoid that

Man, I love this team. I've been trying to get back into OU with the latest meta and I got so bored playing Clef/Land-T/Rotom but the hyper aggressive nature of this team is exactly what I'm used to. I probably can't make a better team but after a couple of hours playing the team on showdown I only have a couple of notes.

-It's not difficult but can be a pain to deal with Rotom. I found that I'd either kill him by predicting the switch-in and just using pure power but his typing against most of your big STAB hits lead a fully DEF Rotom to only take 25% damage tops from a big hit and you have no switch-in for WoW other than Talon, who doesn't want to eat Volt/Hydro. I did enjoy how easy it was to get the KO with Greninja though between Dark Pulse crits & flinches. That said, I made no change as though it did cause me some problems, I still ended up being able to deal with it without losing too much in the majority of games.

-I did swap out Tailwind on Talon because the team has no spinner and though not swapping him out due to SR actually resulted in me sweeping entire teams with Choiced BB occurred surprisingly often, I got annoyed having to sacrifice him. I swapped in Roost and dealt with speed issues via other methods (See below).

-I swapped Azelf out. His moves were too predictable and though he can gets rocks down, too many people carry defog/spin for it to be worth a lead. And, frankly, I just got super annoyed with people opening Lando-T or Garchomp and my TW was useless. Given the offensive nature of the team, I wanted something that was going to disrupt the flow straight up and provide me with some information about the team. I played around with just about every lead I've used over the past year and landed on Smeargle. Not really a recommendation, I just have a soft spot for Smeargle.

That said, it did end up working quite well. I used the build below. Initially, I had the last move as SR but I found that when you have a Smeargle, and they have a Ferrowthorn (Basically everybody), they will either lead or swap into him to avoid the spore. After swap, I mirror coat and 9 times out of 10, I get a free SR. It leaves my Smeargle immune to Taunters/TWave leads in addition to completely shutting them down by bouncing back the status.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Destiny Bond

All in all, well built team that's extremely fun to play.

Edit: Mirror coat is not Magic coat

Last edited:
Man, I love this team. I've been trying to get back into OU with the latest meta and I got so bored playing Clef/Land-T/Rotom but the hyper aggressive nature of this team is exactly what I'm used to. I probably can't make a better team but after a couple of hours playing the team on showdown I only have a couple of notes.

-It's not difficult but can be a pain to deal with Rotom. I found that I'd either kill him by predicting the switch-in and just using pure power but his typing against most of your big STAB hits lead a fully DEF Rotom to only take 25% damage tops from a big hit and you have no switch-in for WoW other than Talon, who doesn't want to eat Volt/Hydro. I did enjoy how easy it was to get the KO with Greninja though between Dark Pulse crits & flinches. That said, I made no change as though it did cause me some problems, I still ended up being able to deal with it without losing too much in the majority of games.

-I did swap out Tailwind on Talon because the team has no spinner and though not swapping him out due to SR actually resulted in me sweeping entire teams with Choiced BB occurred surprisingly often, I got annoyed having to sacrifice him. I swapped in Roost and dealt with speed issues via other methods (See below).

-I swapped Azelf out. His moves were too predictable and though he can gets rocks down, too many people carry defog/spin for it to be worth a lead. And, frankly, I just got super annoyed with people opening Lando-T or Garchomp and my TW was useless. Given the offensive nature of the team, I wanted something that was going to disrupt the flow straight up and provide me with some information about the team. I played around with just about every lead I've used over the past year and landed on Smeargle. Not really a recommendation, I just have a soft spot for Smeargle.

That said, it did end up working quite well. I used the build below. Initially, I had the last move as SR but I found that when you have a Smeargle, and they have a Ferrowthorn (Basically everybody), they will either lead or swap into him to avoid the spore. After swap, I mirror coat and 9 times out of 10, I get a free SR. It leaves my Smeargle immune to Taunters/TWave leads in addition to completely shutting them down by bouncing back the status.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat
- Destiny Bond

All in all, well built team that's extremely fun to play.

Edit: Mirror coat is not Magic coat

The thing is you don't need rocks to switch in, and lando T and chomp on leads are easily tauntable (if its clearly their rocker) or scarf (free rocks) and the fact that you have rocks is A: great and B: if they have a spinner, this is ou, and its excadrill, and you now have a free setup for your salamence. Stealth rocks are nice chip damage but not super crucial for most endgames for the team, as mence if set up really doesnt need stealth rocks. The twave cripples an incredible number of other leads, such as those expecting explosion azelf (the actual predictable set), anti lead greninja, lead mence (people do it expecting to just set up on rocks and not get punished, sub up for explosion), and a few others. Knock off can cripple a lot as well, and taunt is obvious. Azelf is really good if you can read your opponents team and figure out which one is the rocker/defogger/scarfer and just set up your game plan and go for it. Sometimes I skip rocks just to cripple something important (breloom, smeargle, scarf lati leads, etc). Also max attack knock off threatens and severely damages latis, as well as things like lead heatran. Overall the utility it brings and the reliability when played well is too good to pass up, especially the speed tier. I really don't like sticky web in a bisharp meta, so even if you play smeargle instead rocks are better. (I also really hate smeargle cuz its slow, predictable, and can never provide utility by just having an attacking move. smeargle is 100% dead weight vs the magic bouncers diancie and sableye)

Talon actually needs surprisingly little support to do anything, as sometimes it switches into rocks twice forcing switches, and probably revenge killing 1 thing, and its job is done. sometimes it stays back all game, switches in once, and from 50% cleans the other team up.

Rotom-w is actually no problem, as if you just sub willowisp doesnt matter. Volt switch is only really a threat if they have mamo or adamant/cb weavile. otherwise it cant touch you and you just sub roost dd away til you kill it. Also rotom is usually the switch in for not only mence, but talonflame and garchomp as well, and can only take so many hits before just being dead.

That said I'm glad you like the team and glad I could give you an enjoyable ORAS ou experience :)

i highly advise running gunk shot> dark pulse on your greninja so it doesn't get hard walled by azumaril.

Greninja not being hard walled by azumarill is not really an issue as almost the entire team can force azu out or kill it. The dark pulse reasoning is in fact already listed in the teambuilding, because too often I'd have no way to beat slowbros that carry ice beam, especially when paired with a solid bisharp check. I don't need it for clefable either, really, as most now are defensive and 2hko'd by hydro anyway and all of em don't like bisharp. If I could I would run gunk shot, but there just aren't enough slots and dark pulse is necessary.

Yo! amazingly solid team you have there. Not much to change at all as you said azu can't handle the team and neither can Rotom-W. But I would recommend scald over hydro miss because our has a decent burn chance crippling most physical sweepers.

Glhf playing :D

Clef can be taken care of by bisharp
You also need it to 2hko non mega sableye, and it's the highest base power move greninja has, and the 20% accuracy is something i'm willing to sacrifice for 30% more power. Don't know the calcs vs heatran but it's definitely a noticeable power difference. End of the day it's just personal preference but I like the power.

Hey bro , this is a team that is very similiar to mine and seems to be great. I suggest screener Azelf , helps your pokemons if they're in serious trouble and makes your Salamence more difficult to take out , because his substitute will be more difficult to break and then Salamence will setup easily with Dragon Dance and will be a huge threat for your opponent. Screens would probably force defog users more than with your Azelf set , and then Bisharp will do his job thanks to Defiant. I'd also change your Salamence evs to 252 Atk , 252 Spe and 4 Def , the evs in speed let you outspeed most scarfed user in the metagame after a Dance , and with the screens you won't have defensive problems , except in some cases.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion / Taunt

Last edited:
I don't like the max speed/attack build as you are very easily revenged by talonflame and weavile, we already outspeed most common scarfers other than latios, and the extra bulk allows you to set up on even offensive pokemon like lando T, excadrill, and ttars without ice beam. Dual screens is okay, but being able to cripple opposing mons (and not getting 6-0d if they lead their mence) is rather important to team function

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)