1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Swampert Lead =)

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by 360Swampert, May 31, 2010.

1. 360Swampert

360Swampert

OK well this is my first Ou team Made myself and it seems to be doing Fairly well but I could do with a few pointers and Improvements so read on and enjoy.
    new members
    old members
    Lead

Swampert

[​IMG]

nature - relaxed
    ability - torrent
    item -leftovers

Ev hp 252 defence 252 speed 4

earthquake
    ice beam
    stealth rock
    roar

Most current Ou leads are effected by Ice beam or earthquake so depending on the lead pokemon I use Stab earthquake or ice beam or if neither are effective stealth rock then roar. swampert i find is also one of the more bulky leads i have tried (uxie ) the biggest weakness to swampert is grass so enter the Psychic Speed pokemon. the main reason i chose swampert is that if needed it can be employed later in game agaist pokemon such as flygon with its ice beam i have also been able to use it to stealth rock then roar spam untill a pokemon is brought into the field.

Azelf

[​IMG]

nature - timid
    ability - levitate
    item - life orb
    ev hp 4 SPA 252 speed 252

nasty plot
    HP ice
    psychic
    thunderbolt

Naive azelf is the fast pokemon i have found which packs a large movepool to counter many pokemon (usally i bring it out on water or flying pokemon when the rest of the team is down). my main attack on azelf is psychic which seems to deal well with most grass pokemon and acts as a mandatory stab when a pokemon has no real danger to azelf. Psychic counters most grass in Ou bar Celebi so to counter that we bring out

Heatran

[​IMG]

nature - naive
    ability - flash fire
    item - choice scalf

252 Spe / 212 SpA / 44 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Explosion
    - HP Grass

ok using the new choice scalf setup the scalftar is a lot more supportive of the team swapping onto dangerous steel pokemon such as lucario and magnezone with a passion the only danger this bring to the field is that without a rapid spinner to complement my team the danger is that i will be forced onto lots of spikes / rock / toxics after each pokemon is killed due to the locking system of choice items.

Rotom-C

[​IMG]

Ev HP 4 Speed 252 SpA 252

nature - timid
    ability - levitate
    item - choice scarf
    leaf storm
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    trick

standard scarf Rotom-c mainly chose the form because it allows me to deal with pokemon such as suicune and Hippowdon more effectively than joltion who would otherwise find certain members of my team idea setup members also the handy trick means that i can more effectivly cripple apposing members of the team or break down walls much faster such as blissey who otherwise seems to wall my team for large periods of time.
    [/IMG]

Suicune

[​IMG]

nature - timid
    ability - pressure
    item -mystic water
    ev speed 252 spa 252 hp 4
    hidden power electric

hidden power
    surf
    ice beam
    rest

now im weak to electric primarily so my last pokemon is the fastest earthquake stab i could find, ok so suicune ive sound its good SpA speedy pokemon which is more useful for killing ground pokemon than my bulky swampert who is either killed or to slow to tackle the later game ground or rock dangers such as hippodown the rest helps its deal with celebis leach seed or toxic spikes frequently set up on this team i have tried replacing this with starmie to no avail as it just adds to the list of psychic pokemon. though it did help my being a rapid spinner.

Gliscor

[​IMG]

nature - jolly
    ability - hyper cutter
    item - life orb

earthquake
    stone edge
    roost
    sword dance

ev 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

my second sweeper i swap it in after suicune or swampert on electric or ground pokemon to set it up then Sd sweep useful mainly to kill of pokemon such as heatran jolteon and machamp who seems to be a constant pokemon in the Ou at the moment. i can also deal with salamance togekiss using stone edge. roost has help alot as it means i am recovering from wall posion and keeps it alive long enough after the life orb usage.

the team has done fairly well so fair on about a 75% winning ratio

any helpful tips or information would be great, i welcome criticism so thanks in advance.

with thanks to Akita Neru
    Changes - scalftar suicune and joltion to timid and gliscor movepool and nature changed to jolly and for the azelf move swaps and For the Ev / nature changes you have been a great help

past team members

jolteon
    [​IMG]
    nature - timid
    ability - volt absorb
    item - focus sash
    ev speed 252 spa 252 hp 4

agility
    baton pass
    thunderbolt
    shadow ball

Joltion is an asset to the team because it deals with most water/flying combos in Ou Eg skamory and Starmie who would otherwise wreak havoc on certain members of this team Shadow ball is also useful in getting rid of gengar and dusnor who prove to be a pain to member of the team such as azelf. Allso since it is the quickest electric pokemon in Ou i chose it over electrode (also i chose it over electrode because of the steel/fire weakness and i all round prefer jolteon.) main question with joltion is should i be using a different move than agility or baton pass i find baton pass great for switching to gliscor and agility for those spare protect moments).
    now in dire need of a ground killer i use
  2. The Cicada

The Cicada

why is azelf holding quick powder? dittos the only thing that benefits from that item
  3. 360Swampert

360Swampert

i really had no idea what to give it Was debating life orb any suggestions?
  4. Akita Neru

Akita Neru

I see things on this team that don't make sense to me.
    First of all, as said above; Quick Powder only works for Ditto, thus worthless for an Azelf to be holding.
    Next, why is Azelf a mixed pokemon with Calm Mind? And why doesn't it have SpA EVs? Sure, you might get them up by using Calm Mind, but still. I'd suggest making you Timid, changing Ice Punch for HP Ice, and put all of the Atk EVs to SpA ones. As a last touch, I'd suggest Nasty Plot, because Azelf is a fast, frail sweeper, not a bulky one at all.
    Moving on, we have Heatran. First of all, Lum berry seems irrelevant to me, because the only status that can actually touch you is paralyzis. And you've got 2 grounds and a Jolteon to absorb that. Also, heatran doesn't have two STABs. It's Fire/Steel, not Fire/Ground. Also Crunch is kinda pointless on it because the ghosts that you want to kill are so fragile anyway.
    I'd actually suggest changing the whole set to a ScarfTran.
    252 Spe / 212 SpA / 44 Atk
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Explosion
    - HP Grass (Or Dragon pulse if you're playing in-game thus getting the right HP being hard.)
    Just remember to be hasty or naïve, because otherwise your Explosion's power will go down.
    Both Jolteon and Suicune are pure Special attackers, so just make them Timid already.
    The Suicune set is not the most solid I've seen, but I guess you could try it out and see.
    Just change the Mystic Water to Leftovers, because you'll need it.
    Also that Gliscor will not like using U-turn after it's got a boost from SD.
    My suggestion is Earthquake, SD, Stone Edge, Roost @ these EVs:
    212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe with a Jolly Nature, because Naive is again pointless as you don't have Special attacks.
    Also, you don't have any EVs on it as it is.
    That's all I got for now, good luck with your team. :D
  5. Ramblin Wreck

Ramblin Wreck

Azelf, Jolteon, and Suicune should all be Timid instead of Naive. There's no point in using a Special Defense-lowering nature instead of an Attack-lowering, since you don't have any physical moves on any of them.

Also, Quick Powder is absolutely useless on Azelf. It only has an effect for Ditto, and it's absolutely useless on him too. Switch to Life Orb; Azelf can't take hits as it is, so the recoil is no issue.
  6. 360Swampert

360Swampert

7. Akita Neru

Akita Neru

About changing Jolteon, I'd say yes. A spin blocker is always handy, as well as Rotom simply being better on thsi team imo.
    So yeah, change it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)