Sweep or Die

Hey NU players,

This is my first (kind of) succesful NU team. With some help of Aasgier this was created from my first NU team (which had a Minun in it).
http://www.marriland.com/tools/team-builder#1027|796|1115|963|987|1071|

Metang
@ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

After getting raped by Aasgier's Metang, he gave me a set for it and I started using it. Damn, this thing is good. It's very bulky with Eviolite and it's base stats. The amount of damage it does it insane, and priority Bullet Punch seals the kit. If I get lucky with Meteor Smash and get the +1 Att this thing can ruin your day.

Anivia (Articuno)@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Okay defenses with good SpA convinced me to use this Pokémon (I lied, it was my first lv 100 Pokémon in-game, but still...). It takes 50% from Stealth Rock, so I get it in ASAP because I don't have a spinner. It deals with Dragon Types as well as Fire Types (HP Ground) that try to switch in. Hurricane does serious damage against Alomomola.

Lickilicky
@ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Body Slam

Basic Cleric, but I never know when to use it. It takes hits really well and that's basically all it does. Passing on Wishes to Articuno against SR is pretty useful though.

Plusle
(F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Plus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swift
- Nasty Plot

Replaced Gardevoir, as Gardevoir kept on dying to Sucker Punch and U-Turn. Plusle can work as a lead and get a free Nasty Plot (or bait an EQ for Articuno) and then take down 2-3 Pokémon with Life Orb. HP Ice for Ground and Dragon Types. Not sure what to take as 4th move, I took Swift because it doesn't check accuracy.

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Trait: Trace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt

Zangoose
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

My Late-Game sweeper. Has excellent type coverage with these moves, and a priority. STAB Facade with Toxic Boost is INSANE. Hits Ghost Types hard with Night Slash, surprising the enemy. Often can't be stopped in the Late-Game.

Floatzel
@ Choice Band
Trait: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Return
- Aqua Jet

I felt like I needed a Banded Pokémon, to round off my overall offense. I chose Floatzel against Rain teams, who only help it. Crunch does good damage to Musharna. I also didn't have a Water Type yet, to deal with Fire.

Common Threats in NU:

Sawsbuck
: Gardevoir used to be my main counter (Trace --> Sap Sipper), but I should be able to handle it with Plusle and Articuno too.
Liepard: Lickylicky. Thanks a lot Aasgier.
Arbok: Metang can tank it and do a 2x EQ.
Gabite: Articuno and Minun have Ice Attacks, completely OHKOing him.
Braviary: Metang tanks it really well, Plusle and Articuno can hit it hard.
Golurk: They never expect the HP Ice from Plusle.

Stuff that is okay to deal with, but still a pain:

Alomomola: Plusle can Nasty Plot against it and use Thunderbolt to kill it, but if Plusle died, I have nothing to kill it.
Sawk/Primape: Let's hope that Hurricane doesn't miss, okay?

Weakness:

It's hard to stop enemy sweeps with this team.

Winrate and Rating:

I win around 50% using this team, but that's mainly because I don't know how to battle.
I hover close to the border of 1500 (high 1400s).

Current Team:

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Anivia (Articuno) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Body Slam

Raichu (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Zangoose (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
- Quick Attack

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Trait: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

Hi! Interesting team you got. I have a few changes that can make your team better.

First of all, Plusle is completely outclassed on this team by raichu and pikachu. If u want an electric type sweeper, go with raichu. Raichu has better stats across the board and has better moves too.

Raichu@Life Orb
Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
252 speed 252 spA 4 HP
Nasty Plot
Thunderbolt
HP Ice/HP Grass
Grass Knot/Encore

This set has better coverage and stats, and ability to help your team suceed. you can either go with hp ice to beat things like altaria and other dragons, as well as grass types, or hp grass to beat seismitoad, a very common threat. If you choose hp ice you have a choice, use grass knot for once again the seismitoad and encore to get better opportunities to set up Nasty Plot. If you choose hp grass go with encore for obvious reasons.

Also for your problem with stopping sweeps, i reccomend putting dragon tail on lickylicky somewhere. you can either switch it with body slam, but you lose the paralyze chance and STAB. Or you can switch it with heal bell, since it doesnt work to well in conjunction with your toxic orb zangoose.

Next thing is optional, just giving you some ideas :) If you want to, switch HP ground with Substitute, and you can use the famous sub roost combo in combination with articunos ability pressure. This could be very useful at times when you need to make your opponet lose PP in certain moves that would be dangerous. it also blocks you off from status as well. This is just an optional suggestion though.

Changes:
Plusle->Raichu
Dragon Tail on Lickylicky
Substitute over HP Ground on Articuno

epikkyogre78

Banned deucer.
For the last move slot on Plusle, I recommend replacing Swift with Baton Pass. This allows you to Baton Pass a Nasty Plot to Articuno if you need to get out of there for some reason. Articuno really appreciates a boost in its power, as its Special Attack is...okay? Swift is weak and gives you no extra coverage, Baton Pass would be a great move to use in its place.

BATON PASS>swift

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I would add a little more effort to adding pokemon descriptions, or this will be blocked.

That being said, CB sawk can revenge kill anything on your team except toxic boosted zangoose (iirc, floatzel waterfall does 85%). What I suggest would help a little bit would be running timid over modest articuno, to ensure you outspeed adament sawk rather than speed tie.

Though not terribly common, nasty plot simisear, or the more common charizard can do a number to this team barring floatzel. I suggest changing metang to golem. Even though I know metang is awesome, golem has sturdy, which gives him a free S.R, has powerful stab moves and priority. Metang is known as the best jynx counter, but your team has no problem with jynx.

Plusle also stinks. Don't use it. It would be nice if your team had a fast scarfer, so I suggest timid scarfed electabuzz (instead of the modest one in its page) to give you switch advantage with volt switch. However, if you want a nasty plot sweeper that absorbs electric moves, I suggest ashley11's raichu with sub/encore in the 4th slot instead of grass knot/encore.

As a floatzel afficianato, the 2 moves i use by far are waterfall and ice punch. I think it is a requirement to have ice punch instead of either return or
crunch. You would almost always use waterfall anyway, unless you are 100% sure misdreavus is coming in for a crunch, so i would remove return. Switcheroo is generally used in my 4th slot over aqau jet, but aqua jet works. However, you say floatzel handles fires. It does not at all. It can resist a hit, but by no means does it want to switch into a charizard flamethrower
Good luck!

Yeah I would add a little more effort to adding pokemon descriptions, or this will be blocked.

That being said, CB sawk can revenge kill anything on your team except toxic boosted zangoose (iirc, floatzel waterfall does 85%). What I suggest would help a little bit would be running timid over modest articuno, to ensure you outspeed adament sawk rather than speed tie.

Though not terribly common, nasty plot simisear, or the more common charizard can do a number to this team barring floatzel. I suggest changing metang to golem. Even though I know metang is awesome, golem has sturdy, which gives him a free S.R, has powerful stab moves and priority. Metang is known as the best jynx counter, but your team has no problem with jynx.

Plusle also stinks. Don't use it. It would be nice if your team had a fast scarfer, so I suggest timid scarfed electabuzz (instead of the modest one in its page) to give you switch advantage with volt switch. However, if you want a nasty plot sweeper that absorbs electric moves, I suggest ashley11's raichu with sub/encore in the 4th slot instead of grass knot/encore.

As a floatzel afficianato, the 2 moves i use by far are waterfall and ice punch. I think it is a requirement to have ice punch instead of either return or
crunch. You would almost always use waterfall anyway, unless you are 100% sure misdreavus is coming in for a crunch, so i would remove return. Switcheroo is generally used in my 4th slot over aqau jet, but aqua jet works. However, you say floatzel handles fires. It does not at all. It can resist a hit, but by no means does it want to switch into a charizard flamethrower
Good luck!
Thanks for the help :D
I tried using Golem with Custap Berry, but I haven't had great succes with it.
Lately, I haven't had any trouble with Sawk, as I learned to predict it.
I will try the Nature thing you suggested for Articuno.
I'll get Ice Punch over Return as suggested.
I replaced Plusle with Raichu, and it's working great.
(Remember how you suggested Volbeat over my BP Minun?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)