LC Swinub [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Overview
########

Swinub is a niche Stealth Rock setter thanks to its ability to almost always guarantee their set up. Its ability, Oblivious, makes it immune to Taunt, meaning the only time it might not set up Stealth Rock is when multi-hit move and Fake Out users are on the field. Swinub has a priority move in Ice Shard, helps compensate for Swinub's mediocre Speed. Although Swinub has a good offensive typing, it also has bad bulk and a poor defensive typing.

Stealth Rock
########
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Endeavor
ability: Oblivious
item: Focus Sash
evs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Stealth Rock breaks enemies' Sturdy and Focus Sashes, which helps sweepers. Ice Shard is a good priority move to use when Endeavor is not appropriate. Earthquake is Swinub's strongest STAB move and can be used if Swinub has not yet had its Sash broken. Endeavor is used when Swinub is down to 1 HP and it outspeeds its opponent.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread and nature maximize Swinub's Speed and Attack. Oblivious prevents Swinub's from being Taunted, and therefore not being able to set up Stealth Rock. Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will be set unless the foe has Fake Out or a multi-hit move.

Usage Tips
========

When Swinub has only 1 HP left, use Endeavor if it is faster than its opponent. Use Ice Shard otherwise. After setting up Stealth Rock, Earthquake should be utilized in most situations, as it is Swinub's strongest attack. Swinub is a lead with Stealth Rock and should be setting it up as soon as possible. If the opposing Pokemon has Fake Out or a multi-hit move, such as Aipom or Dwebble, do not try and set up Stealth Rock, as Swinub's sash will be broken.

Team Options
========

Swinub works well with a spinblocker such as Pumpkaboo. Pawniard appreciates being Defogged and discourages the use of Defog thanks to its ability, Defiant. Setup sweepers such as Scraggy or Tirtouga appreciate Stealth Rock's ability to break Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

Other Options
########

Freeze-Dry is a somewhat viable option for Swinub but is generally outclassed by its physical counterparts. Swinub can effectively run a Choice Scarf set but is still slower than most other Choice Scarf users. Life Orb can be used, but Swinub is so dreadfully slow that it is hard to utilize. Icicle Spear and Icicle Crash can be used as alternatives to Ice Shard.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Sweepers**: Swinub has mediocre Attack and can provide a free setup turn to some sweepers such as Scraggy, Tirtouga, and Timburr.

**Spinners and Defoggers**: Most Rapid Spinners and Defoggers, including Vullaby and Drilbur, can remove Stealth Rock and beat Swinub.

**Fake Out and Multi-Hit Move Users**: Fake Out and multi-hit move users, such as Dwebble, Aipom, and Mienfoo, can break Swinub's Focus Sash and prevent it from using Stealth Rock.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really do not agree with a Life Orb set. Swinub simply isn't fast enough to utilize it. In my opinion, the only set should be a suicide lead, with a Focus Sash and Oblivious, it's absolutely guaranteed to set up Stealth Rock.

When you change the set, I will give this a proper QC check.

I really do not agree with a Life Orb set. Swinub simply isn't fast enough to utilize it. In my opinion, the only set should be a suicide lead, with a Focus Sash and Oblivious, it's absolutely guaranteed to set up Stealth Rock.

When you change the set, I will give this a proper QC check.
I think I fixed all mentionings of the set and changed the LO set to a Focus Sash one.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
Overview:

- Mention that Swinub has poor bulk overall and a bad defensive typing
- Mention that Oblivious makes Swinub immune to Taunt and therefore has a niche as a lead

Moveset:

- Change the fourth slot to Endeavour, no slashes. When you are brought down to your sash, you can get off a lot of damage before going down.
- Change the nature to Jolly, you need all the speed you can get.

Moves:

- Ice Shard is not great for revenge killing or beating Flying-types, it's a weak STAB move and should be used wherever Endeavor is not appropriate. It does get good damage off on Fletchling though.
- Remove Abra from the things Earthquake kills; Abra almost always uses Focus Sash

Set Details:

- Oblivious does not prevent foes from setting up; it simply prevents Swinub from being Taunted

Usage Tips:

- Change these from the attacking set, remove all mentions of Superpower and Icicle Spear
- Mention that Swinub should be used as a lead and set up Stealth Rock as soon as possible
- If Swinub is brought down to its Focus Sash, then it can use Endeavor on a slower foe, otherwise, it should use a ice Shard to get off damage
- Mention that Swinub should not attempt to set up Stealth Rock on an opponent with Fake Out, like Aipom, as they will be able to break your sash and finish you next turn

Team Options:

- Mention Pumpkaboo specifically as a spinblocker
- Mention that Swinub's teammates appreciate Stealth Rock support, as it breaks the sturdy of Pokemon like Magnemite and Tirtouga as well as softening up opponents, making them easier to sweep

Other Options:

- Remove the snow cloak set, it's utterly unviable in every way
- Remove the mention of the Jolly nature

Checks and Counters:

- As Swinub is using a focus sash, none of the counters you have mentioned are able to OHKO it.
- Change the section to Setup Sweepers, don't mention curse as nothing uses it. Plenty things can set up a free Swords Dance however.
- Mention Rapid Spinners and Defoggers, they can undo Swinub's work while most of them beat Swinub 1v1

QC 1/3

Overview:

- Mention that Swinub has poor bulk overall and a bad defensive typing
- Mention that Oblivious makes Swinub immune to Taunt and therefore has a niche as a lead

Moveset:

- Change the fourth slot to Endeavour, no slashes. When you are brought down to your sash, you can get off a lot of damage before going down.
- Change the nature to Jolly, you need all the speed you can get.

Moves:

- Ice Shard is not great for revenge killing or beating Flying-types, it's a weak STAB move and should be used wherever Endeavor is not appropriate. It does get good damage off on Fletchling though.
- Remove Abra from the things Earthquake kills; Abra almost always uses Focus Sash

Set Details:

- Oblivious does not prevent foes from setting up; it simply prevents Swinub from being Taunted

Usage Tips:

- Change these from the attacking set, remove all mentions of Superpower and Icicle Spear
- Mention that Swinub should be used as a lead and set up Stealth Rock as soon as possible
- If Swinub is brought down to its Focus Sash, then it can use Endeavor on a slower foe, otherwise, it should use a ice Shard to get off damage
- Mention that Swinub should not attempt to set up Stealth Rock on an opponent with Fake Out, like Aipom, as they will be able to break your sash and finish you next turn

Team Options:

- Mention Pumpkaboo specifically as a spinblocker
- Mention that Swinub's teammates appreciate Stealth Rock support, as it breaks the sturdy of Pokemon like Magnemite and Tirtouga as well as softening up opponents, making them easier to sweep

Other Options:

- Remove the snow cloak set, it's utterly unviable in every way
- Remove the mention of the Jolly nature

Checks and Counters:

- As Swinub is using a focus sash, none of the counters you have mentioned are able to OHKO it.
- Change the section to Setup Sweepers, don't mention curse as nothing uses it. Plenty things can set up a free Swords Dance however.
- Mention Rapid Spinners and Defoggers, they can undo Swinub's work while most of them beat Swinub 1v1

QC 1/3

Whoops, confused Oblivious with Unaware, sorry... Added everything, thanks for the QC check though!

Put spaces in between every section so it looks something like this

Overview
########
+Swinub has the ability to set up Stealth Rocks
+Has Priority in Ice Shard
+STAB EQ
+Good offensive typings
+Good HP but kind-of bad defense
+Overall kind-of slow
+Bad bulk overall
+Poor defensive typing
+Immune to Taunt due to Oblivious.

SET NAME
########
name: Stealth Rock Utility Lead

Moves
========
+Stealth Rock gives Swinub some purpose as a semi-decent stealth rock setter with good HP
+Ice Shard gets good damage off Fletchling
+Earthquake is a stab attack that Swinub uses to wreck holes into ground-weak teams, it will almost always do decent damage and can OHKO Trubbish, Pawniard, etc.

Set Details
========
+The EVs and nature give Swinub the most Speed and Attack it can get.
+Oblivious is utilized to prevent Taunt.
+Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will be raised.
+The nature better increases it's somewhat lower-than average speed.

Usage Tips
========
+When Swinub is down to its Sash, use Endeavor on slower foes, otherwise use Ice Shard.
+If there are no threats to Swinub, just Earthquake spam, it usually works.
+Swinub is a lead and should use Stealth Rock as fast as possible.
+If your opposing pokemon has Fake Out, like Aipom, do not try and set up Stealth Rocks as your sash will be broken.

Team Options
========
+Swinub works well with spinblockers such as Pumpkaboo or Pawniard, who actually likes being Defogged.
+Swinub's team-mates appreciate the Stealth Rock, as it breaks Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

Other Options
########
+Freeze-Dry is a somewhat viable option for Swinub, but is generally outclassed by its physical counterparts.
+Swinub can effectively run a scarf set but is still outsped by some of the faster scarfers.
+In theory, Swinub could carry a Curse-Substitute set, but it's bad defenses prevent it from doing anything worthwhile.
+Life Orb can be used, but Swinub is simply too slow to utilize it.
+Thick Fat doesn't really help with any moves, as Swinub has limited bulk.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Sweepers**: Swinub has only medicore attack power and can provide a free Dragon Dance or Swords Dance to some sweepers.

**Spinners and Defoggers**: Most Rapid Spinners and Defoggers can undo Stealth Rocks and most beat Swinub one-to-one.
Overview:
Having STAB Eq really doesn't need to be mentioned here.
Get rid of "Good HP but kind-of bad defense" you contradict it later and it doesn't have good HP to start with.

Change "SET NAME" to Stealth Rock Utility Lead. This has to be consistent with the name you put below.

Moves:
The first sentence doesn't really have any substance. Remove the point about HP and don't call it semi-decent. Instead talk about what Stealth Rock is doing for Swinub and its team.
Ice Shard isn't just for fletchling. It's hardly for Fletchling at all considering Swinub is a lead. Add in what Avs said. This move is for when Endeavor is not appropriate and to get damage off before fainting.
It's really obvious that Earthquake is going to hurt ground weak teams. Rephrase this part to say that Earthquake is Swinub's most powerful STAB and has good coverage against some other hazard setters like Pawniard or Trubbish.

Set Details:
Change the Focus Sash point to show that if the opponent has Fake Out or a Multihit moves that Stealth Rock will not always be assured.
Remove the last point, you already mentioned what the nature does.

Usage Tips:
This second point is way too broad, informal, and even inaccurate. Change to say that after setting Stealth Rock, use Earthquake as its most powerful move if it is not immediately threatened.
Change the last tip to also include multihit users. Aipom works here as well, but you can also use Dwebble.

Team Options:
Split up the spinblocker and the Pawniard point. As it is now, you imply Pawniard is a spinblocker.
This second point doesn't offer anything. It doesn't say what make good teammates for Swinub. Instead you can change it to something like setup sweepers such as x and y appreciate Swinubs ability to break Sturdys and Focus Sashs with its Stealth Rocks.

Other Options:
The Curse-Substitute set sounds really bad and I don't think it deserves to be mentioned.
Add Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear as stronger Ice-type STAB moves.

Checks and Counters:
Your current wording implies that Swinub only lets Dragon Dance and Swords Dance user setup on it. Instead change it to all setup moves and give those as specific examples along with Pokemon that use them.
Include examples of spinners and defoggers.
Add Fake Out users such as Aipom or Mienfoo.

QC 2/3 if you implement everything.

Put spaces in between every section so it looks something like this

Overview:
Having STAB Eq really doesn't need to be mentioned here.
Get rid of "Good HP but kind-of bad defense" you contradict it later and it doesn't have good HP to start with.

Change "SET NAME" to Stealth Rock Utility Lead. This has to be consistent with the name you put below.

Moves:
The first sentence doesn't really have any substance. Remove the point about HP and don't call it semi-decent. Instead talk about what Stealth Rock is doing for Swinub and its team.
Ice Shard isn't just for fletchling. It's hardly for Fletchling at all considering Swinub is a lead. Add in what Avs said. This move is for when Endeavor is not appropriate and to get damage off before fainting.
It's really obvious that Earthquake is going to hurt ground weak teams. Rephrase this part to say that Earthquake is Swinub's most powerful STAB and has good coverage against some other hazard setters like Pawniard or Trubbish.

Set Details:
Change the Focus Sash point to show that if the opponent has Fake Out or a Multihit moves that Stealth Rock will not always be assured.
Remove the last point, you already mentioned what the nature does.

Usage Tips:
This second point is way too broad, informal, and even inaccurate. Change to say that after setting Stealth Rock, use Earthquake as its most powerful move if it is not immediately threatened.
Change the last tip to also include multihit users. Aipom works here as well, but you can also use Dwebble.

Team Options:
Split up the spinblocker and the Pawniard point. As it is now, you imply Pawniard is a spinblocker.
This second point doesn't offer anything. It doesn't say what make good teammates for Swinub. Instead you can change it to something like setup sweepers such as x and y appreciate Swinubs ability to break Sturdys and Focus Sashs with its Stealth Rocks.

Other Options:
The Curse-Substitute set sounds really bad and I don't think it deserves to be mentioned.
Add Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear as stronger Ice-type STAB moves.

Checks and Counters:
Your current wording implies that Swinub only lets Dragon Dance and Swords Dance user setup on it. Instead change it to all setup moves and give those as specific examples along with Pokemon that use them.
Include examples of spinners and defoggers.
Add Fake Out users such as Aipom or Mienfoo.

QC 2/3 if you implement everything.
Implemented, thanks for the check!

Just a couple things you didn't implement correctly. There needs to be spaces in between every section. Ice Shard is hardly for Fletchling at all, remove mention of that and instead say something like it's good for getting damage off before dying. I forgot to mention it, but you didn't talk about Endeavor at all in the moves section and you need to. Remember to use your own words and don't straight copy/paste things that we say into the analysis!

Last edited:
Just a couple things you didn't implement correctly. There needs to be spaces in between every section. Ice Shard is hardly for Fletchling at all, remove mention of that and instead say something like it's good for getting damage off before dying. I forgot to mention it, but you didn't talk about Endeavor at all in the moves section and you need to. Remove to use your own words and don't straight copy/paste things that we say into the analysis!
Wait? Copy-paste? I didn't do that lol, at least I don't think I did. And what do you mean by "Remove to use your own words?" Oh, and if I did cp, sorry, I guess what you said was just similar to something I would've wrote myself :(.

Wait? Copy-paste? I didn't do that lol, at least I don't think I did. And what do you mean by "Remove to use your own words?" Oh, and if I did cp, sorry, I guess what you said was just similar to something I would've wrote myself :(.
oops I was a little rushed and meant to say remember. Some of what was in the analysis was exactly what The Avalanches had said, but don't worry about it too much :P

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
Team options:

Mention specifically that Pawniard's Defiant discourages opponents from using Defog

Scraggy, not Scrafty.

Take it to GP

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
add or lowercase or Capitalize / remove / comment

Overview
########
(add empty space)
Swinub is a niche Stealth Rock setter due to it'(remove apostrophe)s ability to almost always guarantee their sets up its rocks. Its ability,(AC) Oblivious,(AC) makes it immune to Taunt, meaning the only time it will might not set up Stealth Rocks is when multi-hit move and Fake Out pokemon users are on the field. Swinub has a priority move in Ice Shard,(AC) which is helpful due to considering how it is only Swinub's mediocre when it comes to Speed. While Swinub has a good offensive typing, it also has bad bulk and a poor defensive typing. Swinub is a good niche Stealth Rock setter and should generally only be used for that purpose. (repetitive, you said this already)

Stealth Rock Setter Utility Lead
########
name: Stealth Rock Setter Utility Lead

Moves
========
(add empty space)
Stealth Rock is the reason Swinub can be used viably, its niche in almost always setting it up gives it substance as a team-mate, Stealth Rock breaks enemies' Sturdys and Focus Sashes,(AC) which helps sweepers. Ice Shard is a good priority move ot to use when Endeavor is not appropriate. Earthquake is Swinub's strongest STAB move and can be used if Swinub is not yet down to its Sash. Endeavor is used when Swinub is down to 1 HP and it is faster than outspeeds its opponent.

Set Details
========
(add empty space)
Swinub's The given EVs spread and nature give it as much maximize Swinub's Speed and Attack as it can get. Oblivious is used to prevents Swinub from being Taunted, and therefore not setting able to up its Stealth Rocks. Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will be raised set unless the opponent foe (use "opponent" only when referring to the opposing player) has Fake Out or a multi-hitting move.

Usage Tips
========
When Swinub has only 1 HP left, use Endeavor if it is faster than its opponent,(remove);(add) otherwise use Ice Shard. After setting up Stealth Rock, Earthquake is Swinub's strongest attack and should be utilized in most situations,(AC) as such it's Swinub's strongest attack. Swinub is a lead with Stealth Rocks, and therefore should be setting up its rocks as soon as possible. If the opposing Pokemon has Fake Out or a multi-hitting move, like such as Aipom or Dwebble, do not try and set up Stealth Rocks,(AC) as your Swinub's sash will be broken.

Team Options
========
(add empty space)
Swinub works well with a spinblocker such as Pumpkaboo. Pawniard appreciates being Defogged and also discourages Defog use due to its ability,(AC) Defiant. Setup sweepers like such as Scraggy or Tirtouga appreciate Stealth Rock's ability to break Sturdys and Focus Sashes.

Other Options
########
(add empty space)
Freeze-Dry is a somewhat viable option for Swinub,(AC) but is generally outclassed by its physical counterparts. Swinub can effectively run a Choice Scarf set,(AC) but is still outsped by most other Choice Scarfers users. Life Orb can be used, but Swinub is so dreadfully slow that it is hard to utilize. Icicle Spear and Icicle Crash can be used as stronger Ice-type alternatives to Ice Shard STAB moves.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Sweepers**: Swinub has only mediocre attack power and can provide a free setup turn to some sweepers who use moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. Ex. such as Scraggy, Tirtouga, Timburr. (You just need to specify the sweepers, not really the moves they use to boost)

**Spinners and Defoggers**: Most Rapid Spinners and Defoggers can undo remove Stealth Rocks and most beat Swinub one-to-one. without team support, such as Ex. Vullaby,(RC) and Drilbur.

**Fake Out and Multi-Hit Move Users**: Fake Out and multi-hit move users, such as Dwebble, Aipom, and Mienfoo, can break Swinub's Focus Sash and prevent it from using Stealth Rock. Ex. Dwebble, Aipom, Mienfoo

The name of the move is Stealth Rock, don't use "Stealth Rocks". You can, however, say that "Swinub has set up rocks".

GP 1/2

add or lowercase or Capitalize / remove / comment

Overview
########
(add empty space)
Swinub is a niche Stealth Rock setter due to it'(remove apostrophe)s ability to almost always guarantee their sets up its rocks. Its ability,(AC) Oblivious,(AC) makes it immune to Taunt, meaning the only time it will might not set up Stealth Rocks is when multi-hit move and Fake Out pokemon users are on the field. Swinub has a priority move in Ice Shard,(AC) which is helpful due to considering how it is only Swinub's mediocre when it comes to Speed. While Swinub has a good offensive typing, it also has bad bulk and a poor defensive typing. Swinub is a good niche Stealth Rock setter and should generally only be used for that purpose. (repetitive, you said this already)

Stealth Rock Setter Utility Lead
########
name: Stealth Rock Setter Utility Lead

Moves
========
(add empty space)
Stealth Rock is the reason Swinub can be used viably, its niche in almost always setting it up gives it substance as a team-mate, Stealth Rock breaks enemies' Sturdys and Focus Sashes,(AC) which helps sweepers. Ice Shard is a good priority move ot to use when Endeavor is not appropriate. Earthquake is Swinub's strongest STAB move and can be used if Swinub is not yet down to its Sash. Endeavor is used when Swinub is down to 1 HP and it is faster than outspeeds its opponent.

Set Details
========
(add empty space)
Swinub's The given EVs spread and nature give it as much maximize Swinub's Speed and Attack as it can get. Oblivious is used to prevents Swinub from being Taunted, and therefore not setting able to up its Stealth Rocks. Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will be raised set unless the opponent foe (use "opponent" only when referring to the opposing player) has Fake Out or a multi-hitting move.

Usage Tips
========
When Swinub has only 1 HP left, use Endeavor if it is faster than its opponent,(remove);(add) otherwise use Ice Shard. After setting up Stealth Rock, Earthquake is Swinub's strongest attack and should be utilized in most situations,(AC) as such it's Swinub's strongest attack. Swinub is a lead with Stealth Rocks, and therefore should be setting up its rocks as soon as possible. If the opposing Pokemon has Fake Out or a multi-hitting move, like such as Aipom or Dwebble, do not try and set up Stealth Rocks,(AC) as your Swinub's sash will be broken.

Team Options
========
(add empty space)
Swinub works well with a spinblocker such as Pumpkaboo. Pawniard appreciates being Defogged and also discourages Defog use due to its ability,(AC) Defiant. Setup sweepers like such as Scraggy or Tirtouga appreciate Stealth Rock's ability to break Sturdys and Focus Sashes.

Other Options
########
(add empty space)
Freeze-Dry is a somewhat viable option for Swinub,(AC) but is generally outclassed by its physical counterparts. Swinub can effectively run a Choice Scarf set,(AC) but is still outsped by most other Choice Scarfers users. Life Orb can be used, but Swinub is so dreadfully slow that it is hard to utilize. Icicle Spear and Icicle Crash can be used as stronger Ice-type alternatives to Ice Shard STAB moves.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Sweepers**: Swinub has only mediocre attack power and can provide a free setup turn to some sweepers who use moves like Dragon Dance and Swords Dance. Ex. such as Scraggy, Tirtouga, Timburr. (You just need to specify the sweepers, not really the moves they use to boost)

**Spinners and Defoggers**: Most Rapid Spinners and Defoggers can undo remove Stealth Rocks and most beat Swinub one-to-one. without team support, such as Ex. Vullaby,(RC) and Drilbur.

**Fake Out and Multi-Hit Move Users**: Fake Out and multi-hit move users, such as Dwebble, Aipom, and Mienfoo, can break Swinub's Focus Sash and prevent it from using Stealth Rock. Ex. Dwebble, Aipom, Mienfoo

The name of the move is Stealth Rock, don't use "Stealth Rocks". You can, however, say that "Swinub has set up rocks".

GP 1/2
Finally added this, checked it late, sorry :/. This is ready for another check.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

add

remove
comments

Overview
########
Swinub is a niche Stealth Rock setter due thanks to its ability to almost always guarantee their set up. Its ability, Oblivious, makes it immune to Taunt, meaning the only time it might not set up Stealth Rock is when multi-hit move and Fake Out users are on the field. Swinub has a priority move in Ice Shard, which is helpful considering helps compensate for Swinub's mediocre Speed. While Although Swinub has a good offensive typing, it also has bad bulk and a poor defensive typing.

Stealth Rock Setter (sounds better as just "Stealth Rock" imo)
########
name: Stealth Rock Setter

Moves
========
Stealth Rock breaks enemies' Sturdy and Focus Sashes, which helps sweepers. Ice Shard is a good priority move to use when Endeavor is not appropriate. Earthquake is Swinub's strongest STAB move and can be used if Swinub is has not yet down to had its Sash broken. Endeavor is used when Swinub is down to 1 HP and it outspeeds its opponent.

Set Details
========
The given EV spread and nature maximize Swinub's Speed and Attack. Oblivious prevents Swinub's Swinub from being Taunted,(RC) and therefore not being able to set up Stealth Rock. Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will be set unless the foe has Fake Out or a multi-hit move.

Usage Tips
========
When Swinub has only 1 HP left,(change semicolon to comma) use Endeavor if it is faster than its opponent.(end sentence) otherwise use Use Ice Shard otherwise. After setting up Stealth Rock, Earthquake and should be utilized in most situations, as it is Swinub's strongest attack. Swinub is a lead with Stealth Rock,(RC) and therefore should be setting it up its rocks as soon as possible. If the opposing Pokemon has Fake Out or a multi-hit move, such as Aipom or Dwebble, do not try and set up Stealth Rock, as Swinub's sash will be broken.

Team Options
========
Swinub works well with a spinblocker such as Pumpkaboo. Pawniard appreciates being Defogged and discourages the use of Defog use due thanks to its ability,(AC) Defiant. Setup sweepers such as Scraggy or Tirtouga appreciate Stealth Rock's ability to break Sturdy and Focus Sashes.

Other Options
########
Freeze-Dry is a somewhat viable option for Swinub,(RC) but is generally outclassed by its physical counterparts. Swinub can effectively run a Choice Scarf,(RC) set but is still outsped by slower than most other Choice Scarf users. Life Orb can be used, but Swinub is so dreadfully slow that it is hard to utilize. Icicle Spear and Icicle Crash can be used as alternatives to Ice Shard.

Checks & Counters
########
**Setup Sweepers**: Swinub has only mediocre attack power Attack and can provide a free setup turn to some sweepers such as Scraggy, Tirtouga, and Timburr.

**Spinners and Defoggers**: Most Rapid Spinners and Defoggers,(AC) including Vullaby and Drillbur,(AC) can remove Stealth Rock and most beat Swinub,(RC) such as Vullaby and Drilbur.

**Fake Out and Multi-Hit Move Users**: Fake Out and multi-hit move users, such as Dwebble, Aipom, and Mienfoo, can break Swinub's Focus Sash and prevent it from using Stealth Rock.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)