Syclant Analysis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
the <p> tags are fine, but I'm going to end up using another format for the actual moveset and the section headers.

edit: Actually, nevermind. Keep using the SCMS format. Doug said he can write a script to do all the manual labor for us!

I still don't like the mixed set or the SD set on this.... Now, I haven't used Syclant that much, but for those that have, can you just comment on what you actually run? Because both the SD set and the Mixed Set could be combined (as shown in a set posted earlier).

I really feel that these analysis should reflect what is actually used, since Syclant has been in use for almost 6 months now.

Would you care to expand and say what moves are run on the mixed set? Because that is my main problem, it's currently the Tail Glow set with Brick Break as a third attack instead of another Special attack.

I recently discovered - and tennis helped me to test - that Scizor is a great non-specs Syclant counter, so I feel its a good idea to put that in the counters section.

ScarfScizor wins against all Syclant, while a more defensive minded spread is more useful in other situations (except against SpecsAnts). Jolly Scarf Scizor reaches 376 speed, while syclant only attains 375 with a +speed nature.

In fact, the only Syclant that Scizor will always lose against is Mag's HP Fire ScarfAnt x_x

for reference, this is the set i'm using to counter syclant:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Roost
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
---

The short answer: Egg moves. It just can't inherit Superpower and Earth power or Tail glow and Earth power at the same time.

Is Syclant's speed ever going to be lowered / Is his movepool ever going to be trimmed, or are we pretty much stuck with what we've got?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How much would it take from +2 Earth Power (Move Tutor), or HP fire (an over specific move.. I know..)? It can get two moves in if it has a sash, one on the switch and one from the sash.

Even if it takes something like 80% (probably much less) its still a great switch in.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After a Tail Glow Bug Buzz will 2HKO all bulky waters, a Blizzard will 2HKO all who do not resist it bar Blissey and Thick Fat Snorlax. Thick Fat Hariyama is also not 2HKOed, may want to mention I guess.

Ice Beam is a great STAB in the OU Metagame which is the only one you will see Syclant playing in. Line is horribly awkward, just say "Ice Beam is a great STAB attack in OU".
Minor nitpicks probably already pointed out, but I was bored and skimmed the OP for errors.

Bullet Punch Scizor always OHKOes Syclant if Scizor has Technician, which it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)