Syclar - Part 4 - Stat Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the first thread of this pre-evolution process, we discussed some of the overall ideas that we need to focus on for Syclar, the pre-evolution of Syclant. At the end, I threw out some thoughts that are necessary to consider for the future of Syclar. Please read through that post you you understand where I'm coming from in the following threads. Thanks!

Remember, Syclar is the pre-evolution of Syclant, which already has predetermined stats. They are as follows:
70 HP / 116 Atk / 70 Def / 114 SpA / 64 SpD / 121 Spe
Check out the first thread that I linked to at the top of this post. There are lots of different thoughts for how we could go with Syclar's stats. Honestly, I consider this to be one of the most important polls in determining's Syclar's flavor; good luck with voting.

Recall that this poll operates on IRV voting, the details of which are outlined here. This means that you can upvote your favorite ability and downvote your least favorite. Be aware that order does matter in your votes! The first line is your favorite, the last line is your least favorite. Make sure you vote properly. Make sure that you bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:
Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Least Preferred

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may still do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to #cap.

Here's the slate.
jas61292
uxsee
bugmaniacbob
DetroitLolcat
srk1214
Engineer Pikachu
In the below hide tags, you can see the actual spreads being submitted. Also, you can click on their username to see their full post, which contain a bunch of their thoughts and opinions!

jas61292 - 35 HP / 66 Atk / 35 Def / 64 SpA / 29 SpD / 76 Spe

uxsee - 53 HP / 76 Atk / 53 Def / 72 SpA / 36 SpD / 87 Spe

bugmaniacbob - 35 HP / 96 Atk / 30 Def / 68 SpA / 30 SpD / 91 Spe

srk1214 - 45 HP / 66 Atk / 50 Def / 99 SpA / 44 SpD / 86 Spe

DetroitLolcat - 45 HP / 53 Atk / 39 Def / 50 SpA / 34 SDef / 54 Spe

Engineer Pikachu - 40 HP / 76 Atk / 45 Def / 74 SpA / 39 SpD / 91 Spe
As always, 24 hours remain. Get voting!

Here's what we have so far:

Name: Syclar
Type: Ice / Bug
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Snow Cloak
Stats: ???
Sprite:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
srk1214
DetroitLolcat
uxsee
Engineer Pikachu
jas61292
bugmaniacbob

I want Syclar to be competitive in a potential CAP LC meta. I'm biased and I know it. However I tried to factor in flavor too. I like my special bias, but mixed is the predominant opinion, I know. I listed detroitlolcat second because I believe Syclar should either be a special sweeper as in my spread or it should just flat out suck. uxsee and EP are next because they do fulfill my desire to be competitive, though I find EP's 91 speed a hair too high so it comes second of the two. jas doesn't go far enough either way to be actually usable or be truly awful. It's an awkward middle ground I find uninteresting. bmb is last for me only because I don't see Syclar as primarily physical.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
DetroitLolcat
jas61292
bugmaniacbob
Engineer Pikachu
uxsee
srk1214

My method for voting is pretty obvious. Syclar doesn't strike me as a very competitive-looking option, so I went in the order of weakest stat spread to strongest. Syclar looks like more of a Physical Pokemon than a Special one, but in my opinion it doesn't look particularly strong in either department. Good luck to every option, though!

Engineer Pikachu
Uxsee
Bugmaniacbob
srk1214
jas61292
Detroitlolcat

I just went from most competitive to least competitive. Syclant is competitive, and so Syclar should be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)