Syclar - Part 5 - Movepool Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the first thread of this pre-evolution process, we discussed some of the overall ideas that we need to focus on for Syclar, the pre-evolution of Syclant. At the end, I threw out some thoughts that are necessary to consider for the future of Syclar. Please read through that post you you understand where I'm coming from in the following threads. Thanks!

Alright, we're moving into one of our last phases. We need to decide on the movepool of our Gen4 pre-evolution, Syclar. Remember that its evolution, Syclant, already has a movepool; it can be found here (do not use the one found here; it is outdated and not canon).

I chose these four movepools as my slate because they are all stay true to Syclant's movepool and precedent set within the official Pokemon games. Please refer to both real Pokemon movepools and Syclant's movepool in order to make an educated vote in this poll. Also make sure to compare each of the movepools before voting; they all have slight differences that set them apart. Especially note the evolution methods and level up moves. Thanks for your time.

Recall that this poll operates on IRV voting, the details of which are outlined here. This means that you can upvote your favorite ability and downvote your least favorite. Be aware that order does matter in your votes! The first line is your favorite, the last line is your least favorite. Make sure you vote properly. Make sure that you bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:
Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Least Preferred

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
Please post only your votes in this thread. Do not respond to other posts, or your posts will be moderated and you warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may still do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to #cap.

Here's the selected slate.
This poll will be open for 24 hours. Get those votes in!

What we have so far:

Name: Syclar
Type: Ice / Bug
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Snow Cloak
Stats: 40 HP / 76 Atk / 45 Def / 74 SpA / 39 SpD / 91 Spe
Movepool: ???
Sprite:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Aww, sad I didn't make it, oh well, I only worked on it for like a hour so heh.

bugmaniacbob
jas61292

Really I found all the movepools this time around to be somewhat meh. But that's just me.

bugmaniacbob
Menshay
DHR-107

I was not slated. I wish to do violence . . . but I guess good luck to everyone who did get slated :)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
DHR-107
bugmaniacbob
Menshay

Because jas took Superpower out, which you can't :P

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
DHR-107
bugmaniacbob
jas61692
Menshay

Obviously will vote for myself :P

DHR-107
bugmaniacbob
jas61292
Menshay

Syclar is a fast prevo, so Menshay's removal of U-turn didn't make much senese to me. Also, few(if any) prevos learn 3 moves at lvl 0, so DHR's movepool goes first. Everything else was more or less the same.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bugmaniacbob
jas61292

Don't like Sheer Cold. Simple as that. Feels ridiculously unflavorful.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
HTML:
[menshay] => 5
[dhr] => 9
DHR-107 didn't pull in enough votes to solidify a victory. We're moving into a final poll for movepool submissions between the above two users. Expect it up in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)