Syclar - Part 7 - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright ladies and gentlemen, here it is: the final hour. Through these series of polls, we're going to choose a piece of artwork to represent Syclar, the pre-evolution of Syclant. This poll is a little bit different than anything we've done here in CAP. You see, we already have a design for Syclar! The sprite at the bottom of this post is the finalized sprite that we will be using to represent Syclar. The job of our artists was to draw their interpretation of what the sprite was trying to indicate. What we're looking for is some artwork to put on site officially for Syclar. All of the below submissions do resemble that sprite in at least some form (they were allowed to have artistic liberty), but it is important to note that resembling the sprite is a key aspect of this poll.

This poll (unlike most art polls) operates on instant-runoff voting. This means that order matters in your votes, but you may vote for any number of choices that you like. A typical vote might look like this:

Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Least Preferred

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but please don't try to incite a discussion here. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

Unlike other art polls, this one will only be open for 24 hours. Let's check out the slate.

bugmaniacbob
Quanyails
Mos-Quitoxe
CBMeadow
paintseagull
CyzirVisheen
And here are their final submissions. Make sure you check them all out! The posts that they link to also contain some information that is an interesting read. Here they are:

And here is what we have so far:

Name: Syclar
Type: Ice / Bug
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Snow Cloak
Stats: 40 HP / 76 Atk / 45 Def / 74 SpA / 39 SpD / 91 Spe
Movepool:
Level Up
Code:
Level	Move
0	Fury Attack
0	Leer
5	Leech Life
8	Ice Shard
13	Focus Energy
18	Icy Wind
23	X-Scissor
28	Hail
35	Bug Buzz
42	Ice Beam
49	Sheer Cold

Evolve at Level 30 -> Ice Punch
TUTOR Move
Code:
Bug Bite
Counter
Earth Power
Fury Cutter
Icy Wind
Mimic
Snore
String Shot
Superpower
TM List
Code:
TM	Move
TM03	Water Pulse
TM06	Toxic
TM07	Hail
TM10	Hidden Power
TM12	Taunt
TM13	Ice Beam
TM14	Blizzard
TM17	Protect
TM21	Frustration
TM27	Return
TM32	Double Team
TM42	Facade
TM43	Secret Power
TM44	Rest
TM45	Attract
TM54	False Swipe
TM56	Fling
TM58	Endure
TM62	Silver Wind
TM72	Avalanche
TM75	Swords Dance
TM78	Captivate
TM81	X-Scissor
TM82	Sleep Talk
TM83	Natural Gift
TM87	Swagger
TM89	U-turn
TM90	Substitute

HM01 Cut
EGG Moves
Code:
Earth Power
Pin Missile
Spikes
Superpower
Tail Glow
Pokedex Entries:
Syclar, the Icicle Pokémon.
Diamond: SYCLAR typically live at the feet of tall, snow-capped mountains. From the day they hatch, they aspire to someday scale the tallest of peaks.

Pearl: SYCLAR celebrate the onset of winter by coming out of their summer burrows and using their small, sharp claws to skate on the fresh river ice.

Platinum: Riding the gusts of blizzards, a swarm of SYCLAR is doubly harmful to even the hardiest of crops; they eat whatever plant matter the cold winds and snow leave untouched.
Sprite:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
paintseagull
CyzirVisheen
Quanyails

paintseagull first because of consistency with sprites. Even if it's not the original design.

Apologies, CBMeadow. :C

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
paintseagull
CyzirVisheen
Quanyails
Mos-Quitoxe
CBMeadow
bugmaniacbob

I'm not as gracious as some of my artist colleagues who vote for others before themselves! Thanks you guys, though I do think you should vote for yourself first :)

CyzirVisheen
Quanyails
Paintseagull

I totally would have entered, but my wip got no feed back, figured silence meant no one liked it.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
CyzirVisheen

others are fine and dandy, but if this doesn't win, I'll cry. One of the best art submissions I've seen in a while. Gorgeous.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
CyzirVisheen
Quanyails
Mos-Quitoxe
paintseagull
CBMeadow
bugmaniacbob

Cyzir's is just *too* adorable... Considering they are the originals creator it seems only fitting. Great artwork from everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)