1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Tailspin! (Bulky Hazard Shuffling) [PEAKED #21]

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Yeah Galo Sengan, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

please to be playing this song while you rate my team:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hi. I go by the title Yeah Galo Sengan on PO, and have recently delved into UU. Now there are a lot of powerhouses I never even realized were down here, so my initial thought was to make a stall team that shuffled using dragon tail once hazards were down, with a double ghost combo to prevent those nasty foresight tops from ruining all my hard earned turns. It is doing pretty okay, but I have a feeling that it could be a lot better.

Okay, lets begin;​

RHYPERIOR

[​IMG]

Rhyperior@Leftovers
    Solid Rock
    Adamant, 252 hp, 128 def, 128 sp.def
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Dragon Tail​

Now I was originally going to have a hippowdon here, but I quickly realized that would hinder my team way more than helping it, alongside helping out any sand teams out there (and I have seen plenty of sandslash/stoutland/fear aron teams that try to get a cheap quick win)

Pretty standard tank, I put some EVs into sp.def so he doesnt get totally fucked by a random hidden power (he still cant take even a single stab special hit so don't try it) uh yeah, solid rock is like a mini multiscale thats always active so thats really nice helping him take less than 50% from a scarfgons eq for instance. Once hazards are down and I'm feeling confident his counters are otherwise busy/disabled, I start phazing with dtail. Also works early game if they lead with a physical attacker so I can scout his items/sets a little.

Considering replacing with: Bulky nidoqueen with sr/tspikes/flamethrower/dtail, I kind of really wish I had toxic spikes on this team, especially versus hail​

CHANDELURE

[​IMG]

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    Modest, 252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
    ~ Overheat
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Hidden Power [Fighting]​

Part of my double ghost 'core', chandy is also my revenge killer + insurance vs setup sweepers.

Not much else to say here, she is pretty essential and I either play fast and loose with her if the enemy team doesn't have a spinner, or ultra conservative when a hitmontop rears its little spiky head (If it uses foresight, then I switch to spiritomb who would probably give a fuck if he could remember where he put it)​

MILOTIC

[​IMG]

Milotic@Leftovers
    Marvel Scale
    Calm, 252 hp, 192 def, 56 sp.def, 8 speed
    ~ Scald
    ~ Dragon Tail
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk

This thing does. Not. Die. Ever. It can comfortably soak a rotom-h's thunderbolt and ko back with scald, and status? lol

With marvel scale active, I can take on shit like scarfed heracross all day and just phaze teams being a general bitch. I can usually predict grass/electric switch-ins and either dragon tail or go to my next member;​

ROSERADE

[​IMG]

Roserade@Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm, 252 hp, 120 def, 128 sp.def, 8 speed
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Rest​

Standard bulky spiker, has tremendous longevity with that self-healing and draining. Generally gets all 3 layers without a hassle.

EVs are standard with 8 to outspeed other uninvested base 90s. Neext​

SPIRITOMB

[​IMG]

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Pressure
    Sassy, 252 hp, 116 def, 140 sp.def
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Will-O-Wisp
    ~ Rest
    ~ Sleep Talk​

The second half of the infamous double ghost core, this thing is a full stop to a fair few mons such as cm duosion/sigilyph. Rest and sleep talk again make it a reliable tank with recovery and the danger of a burn/flinch even while it snoozes. Status is just not a problem at all and in fact I switch this in on roserades to grab that free sleep!

which brings me finally to:​

HITMONTOP

[​IMG]

Hitmontop@Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Impish, 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp.def
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Rapid Spin​

What would a stall team be without a spinner? Hitmontop does the job fairly well, is bulky and strongth so he can sometimes fight good.

Toxic is for the obvious switch out to a ghost, none of which appreciate the steadily worsening poison, sucker punch is so alakazam doesnt totally rip this team apart (sub alakazam still rips this team apart), and yeah... not much else to say really, I often use this guy as a switch in to weaken physical mons so my team has an easier time dealing with them.

So that is my team, like/rate/comment/subscribe.. obvious threats include hail teams (what the hell do you do against hail teams. I mean, come on), sub alakazam, xatu, natural cure grass types, uhhhh struggling to think of what else I have trouble handling if I can't carefully play around it... nope. I probably need a fire type somewhere. Do you reckon I need a fire type somewhere​
  2. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

just a quick note, but you say that after you taunt hitmontop with frossy, you switch out to something else to take the foresight, but it cannot foresight while taunted. Also, I suggest you chane your frossy set to a bulkier set, as at the moment it looks like your dual ghost core will easily change into a mono ghost core. You could also replace frosslass altogether, and then put spiking rade in over shaymin, but its your preference. This seems like a good stall team, and I hope it goes well for you.
    You shouldnt have too much trouble with alakazam, as spritomb is immune to both psychic and focus blast, while being able to break his subs and do significant damage with dark pulse.
  3. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

@shnen thanks for the advice. If I were to use a bulky spiking rade over shaymin and use a chandelure instead of froslass, how does that sound?
  4. shnen

shnen שוני

Yes, that sounds quite good, and as well as keeping your dual ghost core, it also gives you a FWG core, and also a late game cleaneruper. I would test that out if I were you, and see whether you like it. Happy to help!
  5. shnen

shnen שוני

for chandelure,I suggest running either a flame charge or scarf set, as they both fix up the only stat holding him back from sweeping, and your team lacks speed. It depeneds whether you would rather use him early game for revenging and spin blocking , or late game to clean up. If you choose flame charge, I would recommened giving him a baloon, as it means that donphan's lacking head smash are walled, and you can nab the 2hko on him if he stays in.
    EDIT: sorry for being a grammar nazi, but in your description of rhyperior, you state that having a hippo down would hurt your team more than it would hinder it, when they both mean (more or less) the same thing.
  6. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

good eye, fixed.
  7. SilentRevolver

SilentRevolver

Ok, why the fuck are you running a Calm nature on Rhyperior? if anything it should be Careful because Calm lowers your attack. But seriously use an Adamant Nature on Rhyperior with 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe and a move set of Stealth Rock / Stone Edge / Dragon Tail / Earthquake. It will be a lot more effective than your current spread. the rest of the team looks decent though. Good luck man!
  8. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

Since alakazam walks all over me, considering changing spiritomb to a banded variant.
  9. Shy Glizzy

Shy Glizzy

I'm not sure how alakazam is touching you with your current set.
  10. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

I think life orb alakazam 2hkos even the bulkiest spiritomb
  11. shnen

shnen שוני

I don't. You mean with shadow ball?
    Modest does 28.9% - 34.2% to specially defensive, your set is 32.6% - 38.5%, and most are timid anyway, so you shouldnt have too much trouble with him.
  12. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

Okay, made a few changes. Seems to be working well so far!
  13. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

Using my bump. Any advice/tips?
  14. shnen

shnen שוני

I just realised, I played you today on The PO server! Were you using this team or not, I can't remember xD
    (I'm shnen2 btw, not that it makes a big difference)
  15. Yeah Galo Sengan

Yeah Galo Sengan

I think I was using a different team, I was playing around with sand and a specs raikou + scarf flygon :p
  16. shnen

shnen שוני

Ah yes I remember now, I think you beat me ;p

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)