Take Off Your Pants and Jacket [OU RMT]

Hi everyone. The inspiration to this team just randomly came to me one day. I was bored one day so I decided to try and make a new set; something unique that hasn't been made before. I was on the ladder one day using one of my favorite pokes, LO Starmie, when I thought wait.... Aerodactyl is fast as fuck and has has good coverage in two moves, access to taunt, and is one of the best Heatran switches in the game in Sandstorm. So then I went to C & C, posted the set, and it got accepted. All of the QC members said they really liked it and it has become my favorite set over the past few weeks. So here you have it, me showing the potential of Aerodactyl outside the lead spot. Onto the name, Blink-182 is my favorite band and I love this album, so I decided to make my team based on songs from this album. Anyways, onto the team.​

The Leads

What Went Wrong (Machamp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/240 Atk/12 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Why Machamp?

I really couldn't think of a lead so I was reading Scofields article and I was basically said wtf why not. It beats so much shit and its just great. I added a lot of extra speed so I can beat other Machamp leads to the jump without sacrificing any of its amazing bulk. Dynamicpunch is for obvious stab and hits shit hard with confusion. Bullet Punch for finishing off Roserade, Aerodactyl, and Non-Colbur Azelf. Stone Edge hits Mence switch-ins as well as Gyarados who can be a bitch to this etam, and Payback is for the inevitable ghost switch-ins. This lead is really fucking predictable these days but it still gets the job done.

Contemplating changes?

Yes, I definitely want to change my Heatran + Machamp combo. After the article in the Smog, it's extremely obvious and people know about it, so these two pokes are easily the two most changeable.

Name:
Machamp is named What Went Wrong because he's ugly as fuck so people are like wtf went wrong with him?
------------

Reckless Abandon (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Why Heatran?

Heatran is the second part of my lead duo. It does a great job of causing early switches, as well as getting up Rocks very early game. It also checks Scizor who can be a total bitch to my team, as well as blowing up on shit like CM Cune, Vappy, and MixMence. Earth Power basically hits other Heatrans, either surviving their hit with Shuca and killing, or winning the speed tie and not giving up my surprise early game. It also hits shit really hard with Fire Blast and is very hard to switch into without taking a big chunk of damage off.

Contemplating changes?

Yes, Heatran is easily my most replaceable member, so I really need help on this.

Name:
Heatran is named Reckless Abandon because I play pretty recklessly with him. I usually lay rocks, get a FB in, then boom on something.
------------

The Lure

Lonely Guy (Tyranitar) (M) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 116 Atk /144 SpA / 248 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SpD)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Why Tyranitar?

Tyranitar was put on this team for two main reasons: Providing sandstorm for Aerodactyl and luring in Scizor. This set may seem odd at first but is an amazing lure for a lot of Aerodactyl's counters. Things like Breloom, Bronzong, and Metagross can be a bitch to this set. This set lure's these pokemon in and KO'd them with the appropriate move. Dragon Dance is the boosting move which I use for the + Speed more than the + Atk. Crunch hits things like Blissey, Gengar, and Rotom, while Fire Blast hits Special Defensive weak pokemon like Flygon, Gliscor, Celebi, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Scizor, Breloom, and Metagross. This set works as an excellent lure to take out Aerodactyl's counters.

Contemplating changes?

No. The mixed dancer set is excellent.

Name:
TTar is named after the song Story of a Lonely Guy because, like Machamp, he's ugly as fuck and no one wants to hang out with him.
------------

The Glue

Roller Coaster (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will O' Wisp

Why Rotom?

I wanted a ghost, a tool to beat stall, a gyarados revenge killer other than aerodactyl and I knew the choice was Rotom. When I play stall, I instantly trick off my scarf to fuck over something, usually Blissey. Against offense, I rarely trick my scarf off unless absolutely necessary. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are for primary STAB. WoW may seem odd but I like hitting shit like tyranitar and salamence and flygon on the switch after tricking away my scarf. I rarely run Overheat on Rotom because I hate the drop and Thunderbolt does enough to Lucario to where it's not necessary. I run the bulky scarf spread so i can help combat things like scizor much better throughout the match.

Contemplating changes?

Since I may scarf TTar depending on what the raters think, I may change this. I originally had Magnezone to help with scarf rachi but with a scarf it doesnt even outspeed Starmie which really pissed me off, so idk. I also had LOMie to get rid of rocks and hit shit hard so this spot has changed around a lot.

Name:
Rotom is named roller coaster because sometimes he's fast, but slow without scarf. I also named him roller coaster because his spot has changed 4 times.
------------

The Stallbreakers

The Rock Show (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Why Salamence?

Mence is Aerodactyls partner in crime. It breaks down walls which allows Aerodactyl to come in late game and clean up with its blistering speed. I like running max speed on mixmence to tie with other base 100s which i think is almost necessary in this metagame. Draco Meteor is obvious for ass raping shit. Basically anything not named blissey, spdef ttar, and snorlax gets 2hkod by this set. Earthquake is to hit heatran and tyranitar basically, and any other steel when i dont feel like risking with fire blast. Fire blast fucks shit up along side Draco and eq giving unresisted coverage. Roost is the crux of this set giving me another tool to help beat stall.

Contemplating changes?

Probably not. This is my favorite poke to use with aero. Maybe put in maggy over rotom and make this a dd set?

Name:
I named Mence after The Rock Show because Salamence is much like a rock show in the sense that hes awesome. (yes i pushed it on this one.)
------------

Shut Up (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Taunt

Why Aerodactyl?

Why not Aerodactyl? Aerodactyl is the basis of my team. It's an amazing cleaner against offensive teams as well as a stallbreaker with taunt. Earthquake and stone edge provide great coverage in OU. The main things that stop this set are faster scarfers with a super effective move, breloom, flygon, bronzong, and suicune. So many things get beat in sandstorm with a combination of taunt and roost, including blissey, skarmory, swampert, celebi, cm jirachi, and non body slam togekiss. This thing also revenges so much shit. It outspeeds adamant gyara after a dd and kos infernape, starmie after rocks and lo recoil, gengar, and so many fast but frail threats. I really suggest you try this out and check out my C & C thread. It really is a great poke.

Contemplating changes?

Hell no.

Name

People often on the ladder said "lol non lead aerodactyl" and aerodactyl shut them up with its amazingness.
------------

Rate, hate, steal ;D

Threat List: (taken from StrongBOTS team):

Defensive Threats:

Blissey

Bronzong

Celebi

Cresselia

Dusknoir-

Forretress

Gliscor

Gyarados -

Hippowdon

Jirachi

Rotom-A

Skarmory

Snorlax

Suicune

Swampert

Tyranitar

Vaporeon

Zapdos

Offensive Threats:

Azelf

Breloom

Empoleon-

Gengar

Gyarados

Heatran

Infernape

/
Jolteon/Raikou

Latias

Kingdra

Lucario

Machamp

Magnezone

Mamoswine

Metagross

Salamence -

Scizor

Starmie

Tyranitar

Weavile

Zapdos -

by popular demand i am here to rate this team. i suggest expert belt tyranitar with flamethrower (you know the set because i said it on irc i think). you could also try starmie over Lead machamp because Starmie is bad ass (as has been discussed on numerous occasions). I dont really have any other words of wisdom, but good luck with the team!

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey Towelie!

Interesting team you have there especially seeing late game aerodactyl. With a solid team one concern I have is entry hazards especially the most dread full stealth rocks. Seeing you have no spinner on your team which is quite dissapointing since you have two important pokemon that are 2x weak even if you carry roost. You aren't always garunteed a turn of roost and it can be difficult to use them at low hp and with life orb.

I would suggest you to use scarf rapid spin starmie with thunderbolt to handle you're gyarados problem as well being a rapid spinner. Even if you don't take the suggestion there is no point to run hp ice on rotom since you don't even outspeed a +1 salamence. Using overheat can be more efficient. Try using willow-wisp even that can be efficient on scarf if you predict well and know the current counters / checks that enter on rotom.

Starmie @Choice Scarf
Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump / Tbolt / Trick / Rapid Spin

Ive been using a LO Spin starmie as my lead now and it's been working quite well, but that set sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely try it out! And hp ice is mainly for mixmence, dd nite, and hitting flygon on the switch, but ya ill probably change it to hp fighting with a bulkier spread or WoW

Here's a sprite of Rotom-H. It's kinda misleading with your team by having the regular Rotom sprite.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/479O.png
Since you aren't running Overheat, and then any of the Formes' speciaty moves, I'm assuming, I'd change it. You already have Heatran, and so bluffing Fire Type is pointless. I'd go with the Lawn Mower, who can frighten Swampert and other bulky waters, or the Washing Machine, who theatens Fires and Grounds. Both dissuade Tyranitar from coming in, but you could also use Fridge Form and run Blizzard instead.

First of all I don't need your input on my format, it says Rotom-H and why would anyone use regular rotom in OU. I use Rotom-H because it scares Luke and Scizor. My team doesn't particularly have to much trouble with Swampert and especially not Heatran so I'm sorry but I'm not gonna use your suggestion

Your logic is sound. You appear to have a bit of a Lucario/Scizor weakness and this covers it. I stand corrected. As for the assholeishness you showed me, though, I believe your topic is misleading. Seeing as the "Team at a Glance" should be an accurate portrait of your team, it should have accurate pictures of your team. Rotom is not on your team.

Edit: By the way, the only way you have of getting through bulky waters is Rotom with Thunderbolt, which won't cut it all the time. Suicune will team this team apart.

Ya it does I usually hit it hard with Rotom or sac whatever's in. It usually comes out early game and I usually boom on it with Heatran and who gives a fuck about a picture.... jesus. And I don't have a Luke weakness. Aero can survive a + 2 E Speed after rocks and Rotom always beats it as long as I don't switch in on crunch. And yes my scizor weakness is HUGE and I usually have to lure it in with TTar. That's why if you actually read my rmt, you'd see that I'm contemplating a switch to magnezone.

Why are you telling me how to present my RMT? It's mine not yours. Get over it. And heres the scenario. Lucario uses Swords Dance as Aerodactyl switches in. Lucario uses ExtremeSpeed. I survive. I EQ it. Scenario 2. Luke gets a SD. I sac something. Switch in Aero. KO without being KOd.

I'm not telling you how to display your team. Smogon is.

What if Aerodactyl is out? Team=Swept. You need a backup, so I'd consider getting rid of your Heatran for something. Maybe Magnezone.

And quit being a high-and-mighty ass hat. I tried to be nice by getting you a sprite

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
I'm not telling you how to display your team. Smogon is.

What if Aerodactyl is out? Team=Swept. You need a backup, so I'd consider getting rid of your Heatran for something. Maybe Magnezone.

And quit being a high-and-mighty ass hat. I tried to be nice by getting you a sprite
I understand you're trying to be nice but I guess he doesn't want that and you should leave his rmt alone.

If you change magnezone for heatran then what sets up rocks on the team? -_-

Scimjara, ya that's an issue but I'm thinking of using a different lead because of Machamp's popularity and predictability. Muffin dude. There's no set rules on how to make a RMT. You're supposed to Rate my Team. Not rate my RMT and give my criticism on my presentation...

Edit: Oh and muffin you're retarded. Salamence AND Rotom are two of the best SD Luke checks in the game so that means... Three of my pokes check it? And two of them have reliable recovery? Yup.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Towelie,

Hey, this is actually quite solid and this probably requires minimal change because it leans toward a successful Aerodactly sweep (it features many ways with dealing with his threats). With that said, my suggestions will be small. Starmie seems like a solid idea, but just be aware that stall will be a lot harder to penetrate and Blissey with Thunder Wave will have a walk in the park with this team. If Blissey is giving you the blues, go back to Machamp and make a quick swap between Stone Edge and Ice Punch. This ultimately reduces any Gyarados switch ins, Rotom is a shakey check at best and I feel like a Jolly Gyarados can trample this team when played correctly. Stone Edge additionally smacks stuff like Zapdos for hard damage.

If you do decide to make that change, a mix DD seems like a plausible change now to remedy this Gliscor problem somewhat. I don't see it being a huge problem at all with Salamence and Aerodactly around (most run Earthquake solely for its attacking move, with U-turn as a secondary). Mix DD with Ice beam and Flamethrower seem like solid additions. If you're feeling gutsy, go for Hidden Power Grass over Ice Beam to nail weakened Swampert. This allows Aerodactly to sweep sufficiently easier.

As for other options, you can tweak Rotom's EVs to a bulkier one if you like to switch into stuff over the expense of hitting stuff for hard damage. I personally think you have enough hitters, and using Rotom for your defensive backbone can come in handy. Go for a simple 252/4/252 spread, with 252 into HP. This means you can be more reckless with your switches on Gyarados, Lucario, Scizor (who can 2HKO you with +2 Bullet Punch btw with SR down with the old spread), and even Suicune. Lastly, just watch out for smart Gengars with Sub, it will trouble you. overall gl.

Alrite I really wanted to use the Mixed DD set and I was looking for second opinions and now that I have one, I'm definitely going to switch to that. Thank you very much for the rate, and I will try out your suggestions right away!

Hey Towelie,

Nice team! There isn't much to say tbh without making you weak to something else, but I can point out some annoyances and nitpicks.

First of all, I noticed that bulky waters are troublesome like SubPetaya Empo, Swampert, Offensive Suicune, Jolly Gyara, etc. As you can see your primary check to most of these is Scarf Rotom, and Tyranitar easily disposes of Rotom even if possibly crippled. I can have an assortment of suggestions here to deal with these like including a Water yourself. LOStarmie over Machamp or over Aerodactyl, or even an Offensive Suicune in there. But then Jolteon and DDtar might rape you. I know you expected a new pokemon for your team, but my only suggestion here is to be aware of these threats and play accordingly. One way is to double-switch with Scarf Rotom, or simply just scout for a Dark-Type move user anyway possible that might want to trap you. Now for a nitpick, I want to advice using Brick Break over EQ on Salamence just to actually break stall by 2HKOing Blissey. This isn't absolutely necessary just an idea, but if you do switch, move 16 EVs to Atk from SpA to 2HKO Blissey most of the time. Finally, I noticed your team doesn't like status at all, namely paralysis and sleep. A cool idea would be using a Lum Berry on Tyranitar to quickly dispose of Breloom and prevent status for a turn. But this would kill its purpose of getting rid of Scizor which hits your team hard. A set you could use to prevent status for sure is using the following moves: DD, Crunch, EQ, Taunt. The only problem with this is that it takes the purpose you want for Tyranitar away, though it also breaks stall to an extent. As you can see many of the potential changes for this team cause the rater to second-guess themselves, so ultimately I suggest knowing your weaknesses and play around them.

I know this isn't much of a change, but hope the advice helps. Good Luck!

P.S. If I do find a sound change that will improve your team's performance, I won't hesitate to hit you up.

Alright thank you for the tips, and ya, I hate status. Usually I have something take it, go to Aero, and taunt them. I've been using Starmie as a lead and it's been working pretty decently. Brick Break seems like a good idea so I'll try that out. I was using Lum Tar earlier but Scizor goes through my team even easier than it already does. Anyways, thanks for the rate!

I am in a real gimicky mood today so I am going to suggest the strangest lead ever seen. An anti-lead celebi. Haha it sounds funny but only a couple leads can hope to set up rocks without dying.
Celebi @ life orb 252 hp, 252 sp. Atk. Modest
Leaf storm
Shadow ball
Earth power
Hp ice

I just made it up right now, but on paper it looks nice. Max Hp means fireblasts (bar life orb dragonite) won't KO this monster, while KOing Azelf, dragonite, and swampert, and 2HKOing everything else. Since most gliscors don't carry aerial ace this could be a nice check to your stated weakness.

Why use this? Everyone expects the casual lead celebi, and only other antileads will bother attacking. That gives a free turn for celebi to attack. By the time they launch counter move celebi will have killed the lead..... in theory. Its speed is definitely nothing to brag about but I wanted to give you an antilead with nice synergy. And by luck, only infernape and dragonite have moves to counter both celebi and heatran

Sorry if this is terrible, I just saw a celitran vision, and I had to let it out.

That looks ALRITE at best but Azelf still gets up rocks, tran still outspeeds and kos you, machamp 2hkos you, aerodactyl gets up rocks and gets a hit in. Sorry but thanks for the help anyways!

Unfortunately for that set, Azelf with a Focus Sash sets up Stealth Rock whatever you do, seeing as you don't outspeed it. If you use a Choice Scarf, Modest Nature, and 112 Speed EVs, you reach 396 Speed, enough to outspeed Aerodactyl, the fastest lead you should be encountering (Bar Ninjask, who no one cares about) and bring him to his knees with HP Ice. Your attacks still retain enough power. Azelf is brought down to about 80HP, easily a 2HKO if it doesn't switch out, Swampert is OHKO'd all the time by pretty much whatever grass move you choose, and Aerodactyl is cleanly 2HKO'd. Try running this:

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
212HP/112Spe/184SpA
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)

I'd opt for Energy Ball or Grass Knot on this set because being locked into a Special Attack reducing attack is just silly, but it's up to you. The 184 Special Attack EVs guarantee a 2HKO on Jirachi, who you'll never OHKO.

ya good idea. ill use leaf storm or energy ball so salamence can set up or get a free move off. heatran can come in for free. almost anything with a boosting move can set up on me. yup ill try it right away.

All I was doing was making a suggestion and expanding upon a possible idea. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea, just accept criticism and ideas, seeing as you tend to give a lot of it out.

Yeesh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)