ORAS RU taking a break from feeding to post a rmt

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi I'm Nails, I don't usually write rmts because I like keeping my teams secret and I have a really high standard for what I should post to RMT, but this team has been used a few times in RUPL and I think it's pretty f*cking strong so whatever, here it is. Also I want Reuniclus banned because it's a broken sack of sh*t, so hopefully this RMT popularizes this set, which the team was built around.

Sejuani (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Recover

Unlike the standard sball or focus blast variants, this reuniclus isn't going to try and sweep you lategame. What it is going to do is switch into anything that can't hit it super effectively and spam twave while staying healthy. There are very few things in RU that can deal with a cm 1 attack reuniclus, and of the other things, twave screws over a large portion of them while shadow ball or focus blast variants are forced to switch out. Another thing twave does is make you effectively tankier vs things like tyrantrum (after you scout that it's not Lum Berry) since you get the 25% chance of taking no damage each turn and can recover before it attacks.

Here's a log from RUPL of the set showing off its full potential: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ru-53356

The evs are stolen from my acid armor reuni spread (also a boss) where i discovered with a bit of sdef investment you can set up on special attackers very very easily compared to 4 sdef reuni.

Named Sejuani because it never dies and it slows everything and does 2734387 damage and is insanely broken pls nerf/ban.

Alistar (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 100 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

The best mega in RU atm, I needed rocks and I wasn't using mega abomasnow so it gets a spot. Switches into tyrantrum and volt switch while hitting hard and not having very many abusable weaknesses, if you've played ru much you know what it does.

Named Alistar because it supports the team while being super tanky and annoying to deal with but it still dies eventually.

Gangplank (Skuntank) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Defog
- Punishment
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

Filler defog slot! I picked skunk because it revenges shit i don't wanna deal with, does 25% damage on death, picks up tspikes, and ohkoes cm psychics who crit their way through reuni or slowking. Defog was necessary because I don't have any way to clear spikes, qwil gets free spikes on emboar, and 5/6 mons take spikes damage.

Named Gangplank because you wonder why you have something so useless on your team and then they press ult and you double kill bot lane/they press defog and they lose all momentum and they turned the tide of the game just by pressing 1 button. But they're still super f*cking useless.

Dr. Mundo (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 52 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Really strong pokemon, I picked it because it can capitalize on reuni paralyzing all of their cm psychic counters. And because I needed an emboar switch and mola didn't fit. Idk what else to say so here's a picture of a red panda.

Named Dr. Mundo because it's really tanky and heals a lot and wrecks your face lategame. And burns you (f*ck scald).

Leona (Tangrowth) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Put this guy on because I needed a Rhyperior switch-in and it's the only actual Rhyperior switch that isn't ass, so, yea. It spreads status nicely, then switches out so something more useful can come in. Shake stole this team but used knock off > stun spore and that's probably better, but being able to status switches is nice too.

Named Leona because it's super tanky and stuns everything but can't 1v1 very well. Willing to go into pretty much anything and set em up for the other team members to knock em down.

Wukong (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- Sucker Punch

Second bug resist and houndoom switch and general glue mon, Emboar hits hard and provides a lot of resists that the team would struggle to deal with if it wasn't here. It can clean up pretty effectively and the tanky things that can handle it (slowking, alomomola, etc) are crushed by everything else on the team. Sleep Talk because having a sleep absorber is really nice for reuni teams and it is like 80% effective compared to awake emboar.

Named Wukong because it provides a little bit of everything, can run fully defensive or fully offensive sets pretty effectively, does a lot of damage, and can clean house if you don't stop him.

Ok that's my team, like/fav/subscribe and feel free to post a comment.

Importable: http://puu.sh/hoFZU.txt

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
<%trc> nails you didnt a do a building process =(
<~Nails> ya i did
<~Nails> i wanted to abuse twave reun
<~Nails> then i added mega lix cuz it's powerful
<~Nails> then i added tangrowth bc i needed a rhyp counter
<~Nails> then i added slowking bc i needed an emboar counter
<~Nails> then i added skunk because i needed defog
<~Nails> then i added emboar because i needed a durant counter
<~Nails> with speed

if anyone was wondering about my building process there u go.

league is shit. also this lazy formatting, ugh

this team is ok though. i like the ev spreads, and i like them more for the fact that you don't explain them. i think that it'd be worthwhile to bump your 'growth's spd investment up to 144 to always avoid the 2hko from specsgrowth leaf storm after sr, since the team does concede 2 reasonable windows for it to nuke shit, and your other grass resists are bad leaf storm sponges and have more important functions to be allowing them to take those hits under normal circumstances. ik it misses the jump point now, but i think its for the best =( i'd also probably go w/204 atk / 152 spa / 152 spe @ lonely for tank, which i consider to be generally more optimal for it, but real talk, fuck this pokemon. necessary evil on some builds, but ugh.

where do i subscribe, also

Nails

Double Threat
league is shit. also this lazy formatting, ugh

this team is ok though. i like the ev spreads, and i like them more for the fact that you don't explain them. i think that it'd be worthwhile to bump your 'growth's spd investment up to 144 to always avoid the 2hko from specsgrowth leaf storm after sr, since the team does concede 2 reasonable windows for it to nuke shit, and your other grass resists are bad leaf storm sponges and have more important functions to be allowing them to take those hits under normal circumstances. ik it misses the jump point now, but i think its for the best =( i'd also probably go w/204 atk / 152 spa / 152 spe @ lonely for tank, which i consider to be generally more optimal for it, but real talk, fuck this pokemon. necessary evil on some builds, but ugh.

where do i subscribe, also
vs tangrowth i'd pivot to my own tangrowth to scout the set/sleep and if they revealed specs leaf storm i'd switch out for regenerator after taking

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Tangrowth: 219-258 (54.3 - 64%)

to stay healthy and go to reuniclus

-2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 80 SpD Reuniclus: 162-192 (38.2 - 45.2%)

and either recover or twave depending on scenario. I need the pdef to switch into rhyperior, who is a pretty serious threat.

The ev spreads are mostly "i want these mons to be both physically and specially bulky so i can rely more on typing and outplays to deal with threats". the sdef on reuni is nice for scenarios like the one i described above, and it lets it set up cms on life orb heliolisk while 4 sdef cannot. The speed on skunk is nice for random bullshit like kabutops/medicham/exploud/samurott. i don't have problems dealing with mega lix so honestly fire blast could probably get ditched for taunt or tspikes, but on a team this slow i can't pass up a chance to hit a useful speed tier with skunk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)