Talk to people and take pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is sort of a "public service announcement". I can't count the number of times I've read a post in a VGC thread, from any year, where some lesser-known user from the "in crowd", or even someone who is more well known, mentions how they were too shy to talk to other smogoners they recognized, and they really regret it.

So don't let that happen to you! It costs nothing to talk to people you recognize, and don't worry, nobody will bite your head off. By and large, the people here are really quite friendly, especially if you mention you're from Smogon. I'd love to have someone else I don't recognize come up to me because they recognized me from here, and I believe that is by and large the prevailing opinion.

Also, take pictures! Pictures are memories. Everyone loves seeing pictures of these things, unless they're terrorists in which case their opinions don't count. You'll be glad you did!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I totally agree with Surgo. The second best part of VGC was talking to a bunch of Smogonites I'd never even talked to online before (first being talking to Smogonites I had talked to online before!). Say hi and talk because it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Also I second the need for some pictures. There is a severe lack of pictures =[

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, I know the ducks are really cool and you spend your life striving to be as cool as us, but if you come talk to us we will be friendly. We're cool people. I'm Looking forward to meeting more of Smogon's VGC players in Indianapolis!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Agreed. It's a little awkward when someone walks up to you and doesn't introduce themselves to you. I'd like to get to know more of the people that are lurking here as well!

And yeah, more pictures! I will be getting my pictures up sometime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)