Pokémon Talonflame

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature

I've seen this spread on another talonflame thread. Talonflame is so fast that it only needs 176 evs to outspeed everything that flare blitz hits harder that an adamant nature can outspeed anyways. Having 252 spe and adamant still fails to outspeed thundurus i and lucario anyways.

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature

I've seen this spread on another talonflame thread. Talonflame is so fast that it only needs 176 evs to outspeed everything that flare blitz hits harder that an adamant nature can outspeed anyways. Having 252 spe and adamant still fails to outspeed thundurus i and lucario anyways.
That spread is for outspeeding positive natured base 100s at lv50 (strictly speaking, outspeeding Mega Kang's Sucker Punch on cart). 208 EVs keeps you faster than Mega Pinsir so your Brave Bird doesn't lose to its Quick Attack, that's probably a much safer bottom line to aim for.

Personally, I use this set:

Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP/123 Atk/123 Spe
Moveset:
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-Turn/Steel Wing/Will-O-Wisp

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are its STABs, but with two recoil moves, its lifespan may get short. That's where the 252 HP EVs come in handy. Roost is used to heal recoil damage (pairing it will Leftovers will let it recover more HP) and lose a double weakness to Rock and a weakness to Electric, in exchange for a weakness to Ground. On the last moveslot, U-Turn is my preferred option since it lets it scout opponents and switch into a proper counter (Ex.: U-Turn on Rhyperior, then switch onto Chesnaught). Steel Wing may also be used over U-Turn to at least deal great damage to threats like Gigalith and Rhyperior, being more useful if their switch is predicted. Will-O-Wisp is the third and decent option, crippling other threats like Barbaracle.

Counters: Barbaracle, and Relicanth are its best counters. They resist all of its moves and can set-up in its face or OHKO with Stone Edge or Head Smash, respectively. However, they must look out for the rare Will-O-Wisp, as even though they defeat Talonflame, they will be crippled for the rest of the match. Tyranitar, Rhyperior and Gigalith are respectable counters too, since they also resist its STABs and are more powerful than the aforementioned, however, Steel Wing may cause substantial damage to them and Will-O-Wisp cripples them, too. Hippowdon resists its attacks, can shrug off damage with Slack Off, its sandstorm negates Leftovers recover and it can proceed to set-up Stealth Rock or OHKO Talonflame with Stone Edge. However, it still gets crippled by Will-O-Wisp.

Rotom-W and Rotom-H are pretty good counters as Rotom-W doesn't really mind a burn and Rotom-H is immune to Will-O-Wisp, and they can OHKO with Volt Switch, or Hydro Pump in Rotom-W's case. Heatran can come into Flare Blitz and increase its Fire STABs with its ability, Flash Fire, in addition to Taunt it so it cannot recover, set-up Stealth Rock or cripple it with Toxic.

Any check? Feel free to reply.

Last edited:
all_right_gentlemen
Interesting set but I feel that it lacks some viability due to several glaring flaws.

1. 252 HP evs result in an HP stat of 360. A little math fun but even numbered HP stats can't switch in as many times as odd numbered HP stats can. Also I'm not positive if 252 HP evs provide maximum bulk. Besides it's pretty frail anyways so heavy investment is not ideal on such an offensively oriented Pokemon
  2. 208 Speed evs are pretty much a must. Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack is no joke and if Talonflame cannot outspeed and KO, Mega Pinsir can easily dominate the match.
  3. 252 attack evs are also pretty mandatory. Talonflame's attack stat is below 90 if I remember correctly (around 81~). This thing needs to hit as hard as it possibly can so running anything less than 252 attack evs is not recommended.
  4. Tyranitar, Rotom-Wash, Hippowdon, Heatran and Rotom-Heat are all great counters to Talonflame and should be added to that counter's list.
As far as I've seen, an Adamant nature and 123 Atk EVs on my Talonflame (Lv. 58 ♀, not part of my official team) has given me an ATK stat of 145, and 123 Spe EVs has given me a SPE stat of 181. What's more, even though she doesn't have Gale Wings, she still has Flame Body, which is not as good but I can rely on 30% chances of Burn.

Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack hits 78 BP (taking into account STAB and Aerilate power bonus), so it may not be able to OHKO Talonflame. However, you're right, max HP doesn't give maximum bulk, it just gives a bit more resistance to hits, which is not good.

Also, Tabuu, I'd like to thank you for telling me which counters put for my Talonflame set. You're awesome. They're all great counters.

Moveset:
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
there is no point in having 123 evs, it is not divisible by 4 and therefore you are wasting a couple of points in stats. why not run 248 HP/ 136 ATK/ 124 Spe if you want to run this spread?

Pretty sure you're missing out on like 10 EVs with a spread of 252 / 123 / 123 (252 + 123 +123=498 when EVs have an effective cap of 508). Either way, like previously stated, 252 Atk and 208 Spe are just about mandatory for most set and the rest can be dumped into HP as long as it ends up as an odd number.

My friend on Neoseeker sent me a video with a Talonflame and Staraptor duo that looked really cool so I tried my hand at building something around it. Since I have already tried using the CB and SD set of Talonflame I thought it would be fun to try out the Bulk Up variant posted here (with the Careful nature and such).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-81927971

Even Paralyzed (dat Prankster Klefki) I was able to basically pull off a pretty clean sweep with the Talonflame. It's a really fun and unusual set. :)

Your opponent was beyond terrible. Bad players aren't a decent gauge of a moveset.

Personally I'd rather use talonflame for revenge killing and not sweeping. I'd rather reliably trade one of my pokemon for two of my opponents than attempt a sweep.

Moveset:
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are its STABs, but with two recoil moves, its lifespan may get short. That's where the 252 HP EVs come in handy. Roost is used to heal recoil damage (pairing it will Leftovers will let it recover more HP) and lose a double weakness to Rock and a weakness to Electric, in exchange for a weakness to Ground. On the last moveslot, U-Turn is my preferred option since it lets it scout opponents and switch into a proper counter (Ex.: U-Turn on Rhyperior, then switch onto Chesnaught). Steel Wing may also be used over U-Turn to at least deal great damage to threats like Gigalith and Rhyperior, being more useful if their switch is predicted. Will-O-Wisp is the third and decent option, crippling other threats like Barbaracle.

Counters: Barbaracle, and Relicanth are its best counters. They resist all of its moves and can set-up in its face or OHKO with Stone Edge or Head Smash, respectively. However, they must look out for the rare Will-O-Wisp, as even though they defeat Talonflame, they will be crippled for the rest of the match. Tyranitar, Rhyperior and Gigalith are respectable counters too, since they also resist its STABs and are more powerful than the aforementioned, however, Steel Wing may cause substantial damage to them and Will-O-Wisp cripples them, too. Hippowdon resists its attacks, can shrug off damage with Slack Off, its sandstorm negates Leftovers recover and it can proceed to set-up Stealth Rock or OHKO Talonflame with Stone Edge. However, it still gets crippled by Will-O-Wisp.

Rotom-W and Rotom-H are pretty good counters as Rotom-W doesn't really mind a burn and Rotom-H is immune to Will-O-Wisp, and they can OHKO with Volt Switch, or Hydro Pump in Rotom-W's case. Heatran can come into Flare Blitz and increase its Fire STABs with its ability, Flash Fire, in addition to Taunt it so it cannot recover, set-up Stealth Rock or cripple it with Toxic.

Any check? Feel free to reply.
TF wants something to boost its attack and those EVs make no sense. Read the first post, it pretty much covers the three most viable TF sets. This one isn't going to hit as hard as it wants, it's too slow, and you mention threats/counters that have no place in OU.

Don't underestimate flame body as a ability. If it activates on something like metagross or another physical attacker ( other than conkelldurr) it cripples them. Even though you could just kill them, there have benn many times when flame body has saved me. It is also very unexpected, and 30% isn't exactly unlikely, just ask scald.

Don't underestimate flame body as a ability. If it activates on something like metagross or another physical attacker ( other than conkelldurr) it cripples them. Even though you could just kill them, there have benn many times when flame body has saved me. It is also very unexpected, and 30% isn't exactly unlikely, just ask scald.
When Pirority Brave Bird is removed then Talonflame is pretty much like any other Regional Bird. Honestly Flame Body will never be an option for it.

On my talonflame i run no item with acrobatics, which i prefer to using brave bird due to no recoil. I obviously still have brave bird cause it would be stupid not too but a lot of the time i find acrobatics to be equally useful. Along with that i would say that, even more than aegislash, talonflame is the most frustrating competitive pokemon. Yeah he ends up killing himself but with brave bird and Flare blitz but not before taking down at least 2 pokemon... Any tips on how to take care of him anyone?

On my talonflame i run no item with acrobatics, which i prefer to using brave bird due to no recoil. I obviously still have brave bird cause it would be stupid not too but a lot of the time i find acrobatics to be equally useful.
Running Acrobatics and Brave Bird on the same set is not nearly as intelligent as you seem to think it is. Redundancy has no place when you only get four moveslots.

Along with that i would say that, even more than aegislash, talonflame is the most frustrating competitive pokemon. Yeah he ends up killing himself but with brave bird and Flare blitz but not before taking down at least 2 pokemon... Any tips on how to take care of him anyone?
The opening post already mentions four counters: Heatran, Tyranitar, Rotom-H and Rotom-W. If you don't want those, Rock resists both of its STABs and is a good place to start looking for type resistance.

In any case, Talonflame nor Aegislash are hardly the most frustrating competitive pokemon, particularly in a meta that has Mega Lucario sticking out like a sore thumb.

Running Acrobatics and Brave Bird on the same set is not nearly as intelligent as you seem to think it is. Redundancy has no place when you only get four moveslots.

The opening post already mentions four counters: Heatran, Tyranitar, Rotom-H and Rotom-W. If you don't want those, Rock resists both of its STABs and is a good place to start looking for type resistance.

In any case, Talonflame nor Aegislash are hardly the most frustrating competitive pokemon, particularly in a meta that has Mega Lucario sticking out like a sore thumb.
I do use rotom-W but even then a brave bird does a significant amount of damage to it. at Least to my Rotom

I do use rotom-W but even then a brave bird does a significant amount of damage to it. at Least to my Rotom
Then EV/Nature it better. The right Rotom can easily tank a hit and destroy Talonflame with either STAB.

I highly suggest you read more before you post, test things based on what you read, and use a bit of common sense. If people are saying Rotom-W counters Talonflame, and yours doesn't, then obviously you can mess around with your set, research Rotom sets, and in general figure things out on your own. That's what's this site is for: to compile information for people to look up. As it is, I'm basically telling you things that a few minutes of research could tell you.

Then EV/Nature it better. The right Rotom can easily tank a hit and destroy Talonflame with either STAB.

I highly suggest you read more before you post, test things based on what you read, and use a bit of common sense. If people are saying Rotom-W counters Talonflame, and yours doesn't, then obviously you can mess around with your set, research Rotom sets, and in general figure things out on your own. That's what's this site is for: to compile information for people to look up. As it is, I'm basically telling you things that a few minutes of research could tell you.
i don't understand why you're getting frustrated. Thats exactly what i'm doing. Compiling information. Yes he is a very frustrating pokemon FOR ME. Now you're resorted to being ignorant. I know what this website is for and i was giving input on the top. notice i didn't say "to Rotom" i said "to MY rotom". Thats sharing my experiences so people don't make those mistakes or know what kind of things not to do. I'm well aware of other sets. Thanks

i don't understand why you're getting frustrated. Thats exactly what i'm doing. Compiling information. Yes he is a very frustrating pokemon FOR ME. Now you're resorted to being ignorant. I know what this website is for and i was giving input on the top. notice i didn't say "to Rotom" i said "to MY rotom". Thats sharing my experiences so people don't make those mistakes or know what kind of things not to do. I'm well aware of other sets. Thanks
I will agree that an unprepared team will have a lot of difficulties dealing with Talonflame. I am tweaking a new team at the moment (something I threw together for fun) and I very quickly realized that without a Talonflame counter it would just wipe my entire team.

There are a few more counters to Talonflame than the few listed above. I've found Rhyperior, defensive Landorus-T, and defensive Krookodile to also deal with Talonflame.

Last edited:
The ground berries are: Persim (80BP, cures confusion), Shuca (80BP, weakens Ground attacks), and Apicot (100BP, raises SpDef in a pinch). None of these are useful. If you want a Berry that won't be consumed randomly, Shuca's your man. However, Apicot's 100BP is the only chance you get at 1HKOing 252/0 Heatran without prior damage:

252+ Atk Talonflame Natural Gift (100BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 336-396 (87 - 102.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

If you have hazards up and slam Heatran with a Brave Bird prior (although you could be using Acrobatics which will do the square root of nothing before you lose your item) than maybe, MAYBE, you can beat Heatran without switching. You need prior damage to ensure it.

Too gimmicky a choice for even me though.
Well due to it's lack of attacking options outside of STABs and the fact the natural gift and SD combine beautifully to destroy would be counters to Talonflame, I think the set is a valid option.

Adding to the calcs that were previously posted before:

+2 252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 332-392 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 240-284 (78.9 - 93.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Salac Berry Talonflame Natural Gift (100 BP Fighting) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 492-580 (121.7 - 143.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So not only do you potentially take out a would be counter of yours, you live to use another attack with +2.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here is an unorthodox set that gets a lot of surprise kills and is difficult to shut down:

EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Nature: Naughty
Item: Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Ice
- U-Turn / Roost

8 Spe outspeeds 252 Spe Rash Kyu-B, so you can use Fire Blast against it, which hits it for similar damage with Brave Bird but doesn't have recoil. This set can 2HKO many of Talonflame's usual switch-ins, such as Hippowdon, Landorus-T, Heatran, Gliscor, and Krookodile, while also not suffering recoil to kill Pokemon with your Fire STAB. U-turn covers nicely Tyranitar, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H, and with SR up, basically means that nothing other than Slowbro is a safe switch-in. Hidden Power Ice is also a nice way to say fuck you to Rocky Helmet Garchomp, a Pokemon offensive teams love to use to fuck up Talonflame. Here are some calcs:

• 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 211-250 (50.2 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 192-227 (50.2 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 204-242 (57.6 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 216-255 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0+ SpD Heatran: 203-244 (62.6 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (or 2HKO with BB + HP Ground with SR in play)
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 166-198 (43 - 51.2%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 286-338 (74.8 - 88.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 296-354 (83.6 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 270-322 (64.2 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So, just set up SR, get this boy in freely, and start having fun. This set can also wallbreak against balanced or bulky offense teams, so you can either use it early game to bust some holes or keep it for late-game if you see some threatening sweeper. Either way, you should definitely have another revenge killer as this set likes to come in early-game to do some damage, and sometimes it won't make it to late-game.

Last edited:
The swords dance set is pretty good, but I think it would have a hard time setting up with its 4x SR weakness and general lack of bulk. Personally, I think a banded one with gale wind and brave bird would be a great set. It could function as a late game sweeper through great speed and access to a 120bp stab attack. The recoil could wear it down quickly, so you might want to opt for a flying gem and acrobatics for the same purpose. This is similar to the swords dance set, but I just don't see it being able to set up on anything. I think it would be better off running a coverage move instead of swords dance.
Definitely agree that the swords dance set has problems, but with 81 base attack a boosting move seems necessary. Priority brave bird also has a useful tendency to scare things off, so it isn't impossible to set up. With regards to running a coverage move, talonflame's lack of offensive power is compounded by a rather bland movepool, u-turn notwithstanding.
IMO Arcanine seems to be one of the best counters to talonflame. Flash fire variants can come in on predicted flare blitzes and OHKO with extremespeed after SR, or live brave bird and OHKO with wild charge if rocks aren't up. Even better, intimidate arcanine can come in without prediction and OHKO with extremespeed after SR.

Here is an unorthodox set that gets a lot of surprise kills and is difficult to shut down:

EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Nature: Naughty
Item: Life Orb
- Brave Bird
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Ice
- U-Turn / Roost

8 Spe outspeeds 252 Spe Rash Kyu-B, so you can use Fire Blast against it, which hits it for similar damage with Brave Bird but doesn't have recoil. This set can 2HKO many of Talonflame's usual switch-ins, such as Hippowdon, Landorus-T, Heatran, Gliscor, and Krookodile, while also not suffering recoil to kill Pokemon with your Fire STAB. U-turn covers nicely Tyranitar, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H, and with SR up, basically means that nothing other than Slowbro is a safe switch-in. Hidden Power Ice is also a nice way to say fuck you to Rocky Helmet Garchomp, a Pokemon offensive teams love to use to fuck up Talonflame. Here are some calcs:

• 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 211-250 (50.2 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 192-227 (50.2 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 204-242 (57.6 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 216-255 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0+ SpD Heatran: 203-244 (62.6 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (or 2HKO with BB + HP Ground with SR in play)
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 166-198 (43 - 51.2%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 286-338 (74.8 - 88.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 296-354 (83.6 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 270-322 (64.2 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So, just set up SR, get this boy in freely, and start having fun. This set can also wallbreak against balanced or bulky offense teams, so you can either use it early game to bust some holes or keep it for late-game if you see some threatening sweeper. Either way, you should definitely have another revenge killer as this set likes to come in early-game to do some damage, and sometimes it won't make it to late-game.
Interesting set, i like the surprise factor. First, even with investment, his SPA is rather weak and second, foes that outspeed this set and survive a Brave Bird could give trouble for the bird. Still a god late game sweeper.

"basically means that nothing other than Slowbro is a safe switch-in. "

Wrong:
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Regirock: 90-108 (24.7 - 29.6%) -- 84.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 219-258 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery*
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 109-129 (25.1 - 29.7%) -- 13.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 134-162 (36.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Probopass: 128-152 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Talonflame Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 102-122 (35.6 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock (note that you can't use Shell Smash with Talonflame in the field)
Well, again, the two best Talonflame counters (Rhyperior and Regirock) fears nothing from this set and easily OHKO the bird in return (if you don't consider Hidden Power Grass, in Rhyperior case) Note: Rhyperior is usable in OU, at least.

Well Alex, you deleted one of my posts saying that is wrong that "The best counters of talonflame are in UU or below". So, instead of deleting this, prove to me that there are better counters than Regirock and Rhyperior, for the fire bird. This will be very informative for the topic and for the users, rather than deleting users posts because you don't liked it.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was talking about the common sets, which are CB, SD, BU, and all out attacker, all of which have plenty of solid OU counters. Also, yeah some of those Pokemon can counter mixed Talonflame (not all of them as you didn't put Life Orb in those calcs), but in general they are not good choices in OU.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
on either the swords dance set or an all out attacker set you could dash in natural gift and put the salac berry and leichi berry dashed in the items to turn it into an 100 bp fighting-type (salac berry) or 100 bp grass-type (leichi berry) attack. also note that natural gift is physical.

Also, Talonflame is perfect for setting up a Rock polish with Rhyperior, which can destroy big parts of the OU meta with its STABs alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)