Tangrowth (Analysis)

Nature Power becomes Earthquake in Wifi-battles, and has twice as much PP.

Tangrowth gets Nature Power from Lotad and its evos, who can also get Leech Seed through breeding, so it's better than Earthquake for competitive battles.
Did you even read the analysis? There's a reason why Nature Power isn't the primary option.

I could tell you but you'll learn more if you ACTUALLY READ the analysis before saying such things.

I've seen "Regeneration" twice in the analysis and there is a mention of "Fire Fang ScarfChomp" that you should delete.
[Overview]
Grass(hyphen)types offer him some stiff competition
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>In terms of coverage, if using only one non-STAB attack Hidden Power Ice is probably the best choice, allowing you hit the numerous OU Dragons as well as Grass-types immune to Leech Seed. It still leaves Tangrowth walled by Fire-types, but their frequent use of Air Balloon and dual(not sure, I think there's a hyphen here too)typings means that Earthquake will often be worthless against them anyway, unless you can repeatedly predict their switches. Running both Hidden Power Ice and Earthquake, and dropping Leech Seed to allow for for better coverage but less healing can be viable, depending on your other Pokemons' needs. If your team can deal with Dragons without Tangrowth, Hidden Power Fire is a possibility over Ice to prevent Ferrothorn from coming in and setting up on this set easily. Focus Blast offers a way to hit Air Balloon Heatran along with being able to decimate Tyranitar, and if going physical or trying to avoid poor accuracy, Brick Break can take its place. However, Focus Blast fails to 2HKO standard Ferrothorn, Air Balloon Heatran can be dealt with by using Sleep Powder or by hitting it as it switches in, and Tyranitar takes a large hit from STAB Power Whip, making a Fighting move generally inferior to the other options.</p>
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EV spread given allows you to just hit the Speed benchmark of 396 in sun when accounting for the 30 Spe IV for Hidden Power Fire. However, switching to a Naive nature will allow you to reach a perhaps more beneficial mark instead, beating, notably, Choice Scarf Heatran and Dragon-Danced +1 Gyarados. 240 Spe is the required investment to beat these threats with Naive and Hidden Power Fire, letting you add a little more to SpAtk SpA. Even with his speed maximised, Tangrowth still cannot outpace a lot of Choice Scarfers, meaning that their elimination is necessary for him to perform a sweep. A faster Chlorophyll abuser can be used for this role, leaving Tangrowth to clean up with Growth, with good options being Sawsbuck, Venusaur, or Shiftry. Your own fast Choice Scarf user(missing space)can also do this well, and Dragon(hyphen)types fare particularly well in sun due to the boost their Fire attacks receive. Naturally, Wobbuffet also does this job extremely well.</p>
[Other Options]
<p>SubSeeding is a possible direction to take Tangrowth in, as with practically every other Grass-type, and given his ability to regenerate health for another Substitute upon switching out, he initially seems a prime candidate. However, his awful Speed and Special Defence Defense (also there in Checks and Counters)

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nitpicking but

with Stun Spore being the most attractive due to the number of fast and powerful sweepers in the current metagame, and significantly, being able to paralyse Excadrill who may try to setup on you.
I think this needs a little bit of reworking (unless I missed something or misunderstood the line). Excadrill cannot OHKO Tangrowth even with a SD boost and gets 2KOed by Power Whip. Maybe im being a little pedantic but I just don't see Excadrill trying to set up on a Tangrowth.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EV spread given allows you to just hit the Speed benchmark of 396 in sun when accounting for the 30 Spe IV for Hidden Power Fire. However, switching to a Naive nature will allow you to reach a perhaps more beneficial mark instead, beating, notably, Choice Scarf Heatran and Dragon-Danced Gyarados. 240 Spe is the required investment to beat these threats with Naive and Hidden Power Fire, letting you add a little more to SpAtk. Even with his speed maximised, Tangrowth still cannot outpace a lot of Choice Scarfers, meaning that their elimination is necessary for him to perform a sweep. A faster Chlorophyll abuser can be used for this role, leaving Tangrowth to clean up with Growth, with good options being Sawsbuck, Venusaur, or Shiftry. Your own fast Choice Scarf usercan also do this well, and Dragon types fare particularly well in sun due to the boost their Fire attacks receive. Naturally, Wobbuffet also does this job extremely well.</p>
Was reading and found this unforgivable GP error!
Just kidding, I don't even know how I found it...

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Benlisted said:
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Tangrowth’s physical bulk is very impressive - here reaching 404 HP and 383 Def - and this set abuses Regeneration to keep him around for as long as possible. Sleep Powder is essential to deal with a possible counter or check, and under the new mechanics, this can be a huge blow to would-be counters. Power Whip is Tangrowth’s strongest reliable STAB option, which still hits Rock-types like Tranitar hard under sandstorm. Giga Drain can, however, be useful for additional healing, or if you need to hit something hard from the special side. Earthquake hits Fire-types resistant to Grass, whereas Hidden Power Ice hits Dragons and fellow Grass-types. Leech Seed is preferred in the last slot for the extra healing and residual damage on an opponent which Tangrowth greatly appreciates.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>As an alternative STAB attack, Leaf Storm can be used due to its great power and the fact that while abusing Regeneration Tangrowth will be switching out a lot. Stun Spore, Knock Off, and Toxic are alternative support options, with Stun Spore being the most attractive due to the number of fast and powerful sweepers in the current metagame.</p>
Shouldn't Regeneration be Regenerator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)