Tanks on Patrol!! Bulky Offense in Action! 5th Gen RMT!!

Hey, nice team you have here, but I would like to say that you are somewhat weak to well-built sandstorm teams. After a Swords Dance, a Landorus in the sand can OHKO every one of your pokemon with Earthquake (even Nattorei omg...) bar Gliscor which it can kill with HP Ice, which is now commonly used. It can also kill heatran if it hasn't boosted or its balloon is still intact, and even then, a tyranitar can handle your heatran since Earth Power isn't going to be doing much in the sand. Landorus also boasts immunity to ground and resistance to fighting, meaning gliscor and conkeldurr (idk spelling?) won't be doing much. Your only hope after it gets a SD is (hopefully you have screens, but a fast taunter can screw Jirachi over) Balloon Heatran, but even then it is a long shot. If the sandstorm team carries Landorus, Tyranitar, and a fast Taunter, your team can be easily shut down. That being said, I still really like your team as you are one of the few people/good players in this world that aren't using weather (BAN RAIN ALREADY). Magnezone is also a huge threat to Jirachi since it has no attacking moves, and Magnezone can proceed to set up a sub and use charge beam for boosts or HP Fire til it dies and stall out your dual screen turns. It also rapes Nattorei since Sub blocks leech seed and thunder wave, and it can do the same thing as Jirachi. (I've been having issues with nattorei recently so i resorted to magnezone and it outright KILLS it so hard. (Power whip takes two hits to break the sub, and it misses a lot). When Magnezone is set up, it defeats at least two pokemon, nattorei and another since it'll usually be behind a sub after defeating nattorei. In addition, it can also utilize magnet rise to defeat gliscor as well. So just be wary sending out Jirachi and Nattorei when you see a magnezone on the opponent's team.

I am not really sure how to edit your team, but I just wanted to at least give you some info. I hope I helped somehow lol >.<

Woah, back from the dead.

Thank you for that. You know I've been thinking about that and I think the perfect pokemon to replace Heatran with that fits will on my team is a bulky Gyarados. It resists Fire, Water and Ground which I need, and it is at least only neutral to Ice. With Intimidate and a good mix of HP and defenses and maybe some attack it can also provide Restalk phazing with Dragon Tail, which my team would appreciate with my hazards. And hey, one more pokemon to absorb status, particularly sleep if Gliscor's orb isn't activated yet. Here's what I'm thinking.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish/Careful/Adamant 252 HP... need help here. I want good special bulk with some decent physical as well.
Dragon Tail/Secret Power
Waterfall/Secret Power
Rest
Sleep Talk

Here me out here. I want good bulk for a Restalker. STAB Waterfall is obvious, but the benefit of Secret Power is that it has a 30% paralysis chance, the perfect status affect for my team along with Nattorei's Thunder Wave. The power is mediocre at 70, but it's mainly the side effect I want. Also, Water/Normal is actually great neutral coverage. Course, I can't have both along with Dragon Tail, which can provide some much needed phazing and passive damage. I could likewise use Secret Power and Dragon Tail and basically para-shuffle, but then I lose out on STAB water. I could forgo Rest altoghether of course because I have Wish and screens...

What do you guys think?

Dont bother with Secret Power. If you want Para support just go with T-wave, which would also be unnecessary, considering you have that on Nattorei already. Just stick with Waterfall and Dragon Tail imo.

Woah, back from the dead.

Thank you for that. You know I've been thinking about that and I think the perfect pokemon to replace Heatran with that fits will on my team is a bulky Gyarados. It resists Fire, Water and Ground which I need, and it is at least only neutral to Ice. With Intimidate and a good mix of HP and defenses and maybe some attack it can also provide Restalk phazing with Dragon Tail, which my team would appreciate with my hazards. And hey, one more pokemon to absorb status, particularly sleep if Gliscor's orb isn't activated yet. Here's what I'm thinking.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish/Careful/Adamant 252 HP... need help here. I want good special bulk with some decent physical as well.
Dragon Tail/Secret Power
Waterfall/Secret Power
Rest
Sleep Talk

Here me out here. I want good bulk for a Restalker. STAB Waterfall is obvious, but the benefit of Secret Power is that it has a 30% paralysis chance, the perfect status affect for my team along with Nattorei's Thunder Wave. The power is mediocre at 70, but it's mainly the side effect I want. Also, Water/Normal is actually great neutral coverage. Course, I can't have both along with Dragon Tail, which can provide some much needed phazing and passive damage. I could likewise use Secret Power and Dragon Tail and basically para-shuffle, but then I lose out on STAB water. I could forgo Rest altoghether of course because I have Wish and screens...

What do you guys think?
Rest talk gyara is a freakin beast. I use it on my semi-stall and it can even take outrages and crazy shit from stuff like garchomp and ononokusu. Good for phazing too if you've got boosters on the opponents side and hazards up. Use it, or at least try it out. It is quite amazing. Oh and it makes for a good status absorber. i love it when things like Jellicent toxic you, and then you rest. It seriously makes people rage quit.

I don't think double paralysis is such a bad thing. Stall teams often have numerous things that can Toxic. Not to mention Secret Power can paralyze Ground types, which can come in handy. Plus with Dragon Tail you can parashuffle.

Although... I'm thinking of replacing Stealth Rock on Jirachi for Body Slam instead. That way it won't be Taunt bait and can still spread additional paralysis, with a 60% chance no less. This would allow me to use Waterfall and Dragon Tail on Gyarados. In which case, what's the best defensive spread with a moderate amount of Df and SpD?

And in turn, if I do that, should I have Nattorei replace Spikes with Stealth Rock instead? Or should I replace Leech Seed with double entry hazards? Hmm... decisions decisions...

I wouldn't recommend Secret Power on Gyarados, especially when it has access to Thunder Wave.

The reason stall teams have multiple users of Toxic is because flying-types and levitators are immune to Toxic Spikes. Moreover, ground-types have no business switching into Gyarados and potentially taking a STAB Waterfall to the face.

Well like I said, I'm scrapping the Secret Power idea and putting Body Slam on Jirachi, since he DOES attract Ground types. That means Gyarados gets Waterfall and Dragon Tail. I'm only stumped on what combination of moves to give Nattorei now.

Hey Jaroda nice team, how is resttalk gyarados working over heatran? Anyways, I would give stealth rocks to nattorei if you're giving jirachi body slam. Also, even though the theme of this team is bulky offense I would strongly recommend replacing Rankurusu with lifeorb starmie. It will add speed to your team where it is desperately needed and give you another ice type attack besides the measly hp ice on heatran not to mention a water and electric type attack which are mysteriously absent from the rest of your team. Well, those are just my thoughts. You have a great team even if you choose not to follow my advice.
Starmie @ Life Orb Timid Nature
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Evs 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Gyarados is doing alright. His durability is fantastic despite the SR weakness. He's especially helpful against opposing Gliscor, especially if they only have EQ, and shuffling with Dragon Tail can be insanely useful. I only wish it would hit a little harder but than you sacrifice durability. As a result though, I'm forsaking Leech Seed on Ferrothorn for double hazards to take advantage of Dragon Tail, as Leech Seed hasn't been helping that much. I can just heal it with Wish.

Sorry, I'm rarely bothered by the fact that I don't go first all that often. With paralysis support and screens, speed EVs are a waste for me. Heavy offense wants speed and power, bulky offense takes hits that would kill normal foes and KO back. As a result, I can't spare the slot for Starmie, especially when Reuniclus is such an MVP. People need to realize this isn't Gen IV anymore, where everything revenged everything else.

Thanks for the rate though. I should update my original post.

Hmmm, ok I guess the main problem for me is just the poor type coverage in general now that you're lacking fire, ice, or electric attacks but I guess if it works for you. Also, how do you deal with shadowtag shandera who basically takes out jirachi and nattorei?

You have to get into the mindset of bulky offense to understand how it works. I'm not trying to outsweep my opponent with a breadth of super effective moves. My pokemon are tanks, which means they are on a slow steady charge, brushing off attacks that would KO most foes and wiping them out with combination of raw power and passive damage.

I do have a phazer. Gyarados used Dragon Tail, enemy's X was dragged out. Also, my pokemon have screens which gives them the advantage in stat up wars. My Reuniclus beats others with Shadow Ball.

I'm not sure if they banned Shadow Tag Chandelure or something because I haven't seen one in forever, but it never gets more than one KO on me. Conkeldurr can take a scarf Overheat and ko with Stone Edge. Ferrothorn paralyzes it on the switch in. Screens let Reuniclus ko with Shadow Ball. etc.

How do you deal with Skarmory now that Heatran is gone? You don't have anything to really hurt him and he can just keep roosting and blowing your set up sweepers away while also abusing hazards used against you since you don't have a spinner.

Also you should watch out for your opponent having a spinner or a cleric since you relly on status and hazards quite a bit. There is no room for a spinner though so you will just have to deal with it. I think that facing a good stall team is your biggest problem with this team, luckily they are pretty rare but i still think you should do something about it.

Hey J.

After reading all 37 posts im suggesting to replace the wobble-Ghost with Latias. I know that it has been suggested already, but there are two things you have to be afraid of: Landlos (Randorosu) and Garchomp and maybe the Latis aswell.

There are two ways i played against them, because if Garchomp or Randorosu set up a Swords Dance - youre pretty gone in my opinion.

Randorosu and Garchomp are both running base 101 and 102 speed, so a timid Latias / Latios could be worth a try. im thinking either the Calm minders OR a tricker, mainly Specs, but Scarf isnt bad aswell.

The reasons i mentioned above are pretty bad, so if you run a Tricker you could first overspeed them if they're running Scarf and on the other hand you can cripple stallteams or opposing Nattorei with a Scarf or Specs.

If you run the Specs-Set, you'll be able to make huge wholes in the opposing team, so Gliscor & Robushin can have a easy life to finish them off:

But lets go with the set:

Latios@Choice Specs
Levitate
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe with Timid nature
Thunderbolt - so youre not completely helpless against water-nerds and Skarmory
Draco meteor - pure power dude!!
HP Fire - owning Nattorei & Scizor
Trick - for crippling the nerds of your opponent.

I hope it helped ^___^

Admittedly I did run into a team with a cleric and it was a thorn i my side, but that's usually a Chansey and I have plenty that can set up or kill her. Clerics are also just so damn uncommon there isn't much you can do other than applaude when somebody uses one.

I actually haven't faced a Skarmory in sometime now that you mention it, but it would be difficult to take down now that Heatran is no more. While shuffling me around would be annoying, it still can't really threaten me directly.

I might look into said Lati@s, who is bulky enough and also fast and a good special attacker. I've had plenty of experience with Latios before so I know he works wonders.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Almost all of your EV spreads are defensively inefficient, just check out the relevant analysis / C&C pages for some more appropriate ones.

I was so sure that I wanted Skarmory over Ferrothorn until I saw this RMT. Thanks for the help.
Uh, sure, I guess. Not sure what I did though.

Almost all of your EV spreads are defensively inefficient, just check out the relevant analysis / C&C pages for some more appropriate ones.
Might saying how and what specifically? Gyarados was the only one I wasn't sure about, I just wanted something mixed. I did check the thread and saw the Careful 252 HP / 80 Df / 176 SpD which I may implement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)