[TCG] Smogon Pokémon TCG Tournament #5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any interest for this? If so, who wants to play what meta? The interest in old generations seem to be spread too thin so my instinct would be another MD On but I'd like to hear opinions.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gimmick metagames imo

like "your deck cannot have any Primes" or "your deck must have only Y type pokemon" or shit like that. I'm bored of SP vs Gyara vs Machamp, tbh.

Alternatively, roulette battles, where everyone adds a .dek file to a pool, and we all pick a random one, meaning everyone should get a deck they've not used before (unless everyone throws in SP which is just suck).

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Secret Santa actually seems kinda fun, though I can see the idea of some people just getting totally shafted in it. Maybe a general "this has to be at least somewhat viable" rule, which wouldn't be terrible to enforce. Or possibly just a Secret Santa kind of thing, but with "deck concept" being given rather than an entire deck.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How bout a what if Lost Word existed tournament? Just play as if x rotated stadium is Lost World where the player can call the win if they have 6 zoned pokemon.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
One where I win.

I like a tournament where every round is a new era or rotation, like the first round can be up to Fossil, etc. Or maybe make it round robin so everyone gets to play every rotation since often times I join a gimmick tournament with different rules each round but end up losing early and don't get to try all the rule sets.

I'm interested, but it's been years since I've played the pkmn tcg and I have no clue what program you guys are using. I've read the Smog articles and I'd love to get involved though!

redshark

I like Alaka's idea of a Lost World tournament with using a rotated stadium (Lake Boundary, Moonlight Stadium, Speed Stadium) as a proxy for it. A good addition might be to legalize some other important Lost Zone experiments such as Lucario and Zangoose.

Really need people to post here though, I don't want to set up a tournament only to see it die.

Anyone who feels like trying this stuff out should get on the SynIRC server (#smogon and #dreamworld are located here), and join #TCG for help setting up and practice matches.

I don't really want to wait for the Redshark release and I like the idea of using proxies. Obviously it'd be best to use an agreed set of proxies, and to use similar cards so the limited automatisms Redshark has don't get in the way.

I think it's best to use rotated versions of Pokémon for the CoL Pokémon should you feel like using any (such as Zangoose, Lucario, and Mr. Mime).

Lost World can be proxied by Speed Stadium.

Research Documents can be proxied by Pokedex (base set).

Lost Remover can be proxied by Energy Removal.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A nice thing would be to have a list of the cards that are being proxied for here, preferably with either a link to the actual card or just a database of card effects on proxied cards so that we have a reference.

the following list are the only _new_ cards in Lost Link, and therefore, have a need to be proxied. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Call_of_Legends)

For the Pokemon, just use any card of the same specie that is older than MD. Sound good?

2.Deoxys
3.Dialga
6.Groudon
9.Ho-oh
12.Kyogre
14.Lucario
15.Lugia
18.Pachirisu
19.Palkia
20.Rayquaza
29.Mr.Mime
33.Snorlax
34.Tangrowth
39.Zangoose
47.Mime Jr.
50.Riolu
51.Seviper
54.Clefairy
55.Cyndaquil
63.Mareep
66.Phanpy
69.Relicanth
72.Tangela
73.Teddiursa
74.Totodile
80.Lost Remover - Energy Removal
81.Lost World - Speed Stadium
84.Research Record - Pokedex (base)
SL3. Entei
SL9. Raikou
SL11.Suicune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)