TDS Farewell warstory? Maybe. Maybe Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prologue:
The story starts in August 2011 at the 2011 Pokemon World Championship. I didn't want it to end. ever. Too bad it did.

Knowing 100% that I was going to this event, I chose to practice absolutely never before this event and had no team in mind at all. To me this trip was basically to meet all my buddies for the last time, and I have to say I ended doing farewell with these goals in mind.

Saturday night/Sunday morning:
So I take a nap at around 8PM Saturday getting ready for a 6hour ride from my College RIT in Rochester New York to Philadelphia. The greatly oppressed OminousOppressor arrived at my apartment at around 1AM and found it difficult to find my apartment after navigating through 10 or more cop cars patrolling my complex for crazy parties. I meet his friend M1tch and we head on our way down to Philly. It was a fun car ride as we talked about past events and funny skarmbliss/smogon gossip. The OminousOppressor explained to me multiple times how the team I was going to use was supposed to troll my opponent in Team Select.

So we arrive at the convention center at around 7:30 and see a bunch of little kids already waiting for the cc to open. We are let in at 8AM and the best meet up ever begins. The first people I see are my wonderful kids Babbytron and Cybertron.

HELP ME RESIZE AAAAHHHH
Then everyone starts to arrive in the following order just not particularly in this order..... iss, Kind3rl3w wolfey, chilebowl, human, dtrain, sapphirebirch and many others that I can't even remember right now.

So we wait on line as Cybertron gives 50,000 people 50,000 different pokemon and wait for what we expected to be 3 hours for masters to begin. Too bad it didn't start till like 4, great planning tpci. By the time masters begin, my kids Babbytron and Cybertron already won their prizes yatatyatayata you know how my kids work by now. So we find out that having 380 people results in 2 flights in which the top 4 duke it out. Too bad EVERY SINGLE GODDAM GOOD PLAYER IS IN MY FLIGHT.

Time to fight, I'll show you my team before i talk about rounds

Btw I don't think i know the ev's of anything on my team so assume it's standard. In fact I probably wont explain everything because there simply isnt any reasoning behind it.

Tyranitar@focus sash
Adamant
Crunch
Low Kick
Rock Slide
Protect

Garchomp@yache berry
Jolly
EQ
Dragon Claw
Dragon Tail for TR
Protect

Latios@Dragon Gem
Timid
Draco Meteor
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Protect

Metagross@lum berry
Adamant
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Protect
Bullet Punch

Now the said DUO that would troll my opponent in team select

Volcarona@Charti Berry
Modest
Quiver Dancer
Protect
Bug Buzz
Heat Wave

Hitmontop@fight gem
Intimidate
adamant
Close Combat
Wide Guard
Sucker Punch
Fake Out

Basically my team straight up led Top Moth everytime because no one would expect it. Fake Out + Quiver dance was supposed to destroy people.

Round 1: Random
This guy asked me if I had been to any events and was surprised when I said I went to World last year.
I first turn Fake Out Quiver Dance and it just goes downhill from there. He manages to take out my hitmontop but cant do much else to Volcarona.

Round 2: Random
He almost beat me because I forgot Donphan has sturdy but I win the game by using Dragon Gem Draco Meteor to avoid the possible wacan berry on his Samurott. I was scared of missing but it didn't so I won.

Round 3: Random, this is where things start going wrong
He crits my Volcarona Turn 1 with Earthquake and I decide not to be a dick and try to timer stall his Ferrothorn.

Round 4: MosquitoX
Kristian outplays me turn due to my simple inexperience with the metage and I end up going 2-2 at this point. I know I can't top so I just keep playing.

Round 5: Random
I can't remember anything besides that it was a trick room team and I end up either 3-0ing or 4-0ing him.

At this point I find out JiveTime Wolfey and Enosh are all undefeated and OminousOppressor is 4-1. I also hear the unforunate news that Kinderlew was DQ'd for having a hacked hitmontop given to him by jhud.

Round 6: Random
Don't remember much again as I dominate the game.

Round 7: Random
He had a trick room team and he ended up having Escavalier as his last pokemon after ko'ing my Tyranitar. Thank god my last pokemon was Volcarona.

So OminousOppresor and M1tch rush me to get out of the convention center as M1tch has work at 5am and I have Physics at 8am. I'm unable to say my final farewells but in my heart I wished everyone good luck. I had so much fun in my "last tournament" and hope I can do it again.

You might just see me again this summer. If not, next summer for sure.

You might just see me again this summer. If not, next summer for sure.
Don't you remember some of the final words Wolfe left you before parting? Don't worry, we'll just kidnap you for Nationals!

Regardless, great to see you again, you've been at like every even I've went to now haven't you? Definitely going to be a somewhat different atmosphere at all of the events without Mr. Yip showing up to provide support to everyone while winning though.

Best of luck in your internship and hopefully we'll see you soon

Bro I'm going to miss you =/ I was disappointed we didn't get to chill so much this year and you leaving early didn't help either :( I hope I get to see you again in the future at these events!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
shut up

TDS we both know your last VGC event wont be until we are both laying in the grass, staring at a crimson sky whiles we shed manly tears at the memories we have formed over the years attending pokemon related events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)