Team Baylife (Peaked #1)

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BAYLIFE

Introduction

When I first had the idea of making a team like this, there really wasn't anything like it at the time. Obviously, there were heavy offense teams, but nothing like this. Salamence hadn't even had Outrage + Moxie, so I even used it when it only had Dragon Claw. Thus, when Salamence actually got Outrage, it was a big upgrade to the team.

I can only imagine that most of you don't even care about the team. Simply, you just want to try and make something similar to call your own. Therefore, I'll explain how I built the team.

Since there wasn't anything with heavy offense that I liked currently out there, I took it upon myself to build one. Why reinvent the wheel? I decided to combine Team Astral Projection and A Greek RMT to create the formula that I now have when I make any heavy offensive team. The formula is simply:

• Lead
  • Two breakers
  • Utility
  • Sweeper
  • Speed

Each of these will be apparent in this team.

Lastly, it's my bragging time. I went undefeated in SPL with this team, gotten number one on the Smogon Server many times, and won countless other tournament matches with it. It has been my most successful team by far, as evident by Sogedick copying it and impersonating me.

P.s. I'm sure all of my League of Legends brethren know what baylife means, but for those of you who don't... Fuck it, baylife.

Team

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt

When I first started using this team, no one really had been using Azelf. When I beat Eternal in six turns in SPL, he said, "I lost to team advantage." Keep in mind I only used Azelf and Dragonite... Of course, he lost because Azelf had never been used that much in Black and White, so the surprise factor definitely allowed me to get a step ahead of my opponents from turn one.

The reason why I have Adamant over Jolly is simply because Explosion doesn't hurt with Jolly. Additionally, I don't really need to outspeed anything with Jolly. The usual leads I go against are Landlos, Tyranitar, Politoed, Deoxys-D, and Rotom-W. The only issues with those Pokemon are with Tyranitar and Deoxys-D. If it is Tyranitar, I have to evaluate if anything on his team could setup Stealth Rocks. If so, I could assume that the Tyranitar is Choice Scarf. If I couldn't make that judgement safely, then I always go for the Taunt. Having Stealth Rocks on the field before I setup Dragonite is never a good option. Deoxys-D is only ever a problem if it has that herb that takes away Taunt or that move that bounces Taunt back. In either scenario, they get Stealth Rocks up and I don't. In all situations, Stealth Rocks up on their side of the field and not yours is the way to go. If you don't go boom, it doesn't matter. Also, against Politoed, you Stealth Rock and then Taunt, unless they're choiced. You want to setup with Dragonite against Politoed. You can't do that if they use Encore or Perish Song. Against a team with Espeon, just go boom from turn one. If they lead with Starmie, just boom right away.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Quite frankly, a beast. I don't really have much to say about this set, as most of you probably already know it. However, its main job is to put holes in the opponent's Steel-types. This would be Jirachi and Nat pretty much. Dragonite's goal is not to sweep, just open the floor for Salamence; don't try and predict, just do damage.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

When I started using this team, no one really ever used Adamant on Terrakion. When I decided to use it, I needed a way to break Skarmory, Gliscor, Celebi, Tentacruel, and Jelli. I could only do this with Adamant.

I have tested X-scissor for my obvious Mew weakness, but it didn't do enough damage to warrant the use of it. I also tried Rock Gem, but that didn't allow me to break through Skarmory. Overall, this just breaks stuff that Dragonite couldn't before.

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

In this slot, I have tried Swords Dance Life Orb versions, complete bulky Pursuit versions, Choice Band, and even Iron Plate. However, I find this the best mix of them all by combining both bulk and power. I usually don't try and use Swords Dance unless I know I can sweep their whole team. If I'm not trying to sweep, I'm mainly using this for momentum. It's always nice to have a Steel-type on your team too.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

I know it's hard to believe, but when I first built this team, not many people really used Lucario. Maybe it was because Gliscor was so rampant, but that was the case. And if Lucario wasn't that common, you can bet Bullet Punch wasn't either. Thus, when they sent in Terakkion against my Lucario after I had used Swords Dance, they were quite surprised to find it dead.

I mainly use Lucario as a Pokemon to setup and sweep against opposing choice users. Whenever you send in Lucario, you want to make sure that you can actually sweep. By now, Gliscor should be dead or pretty damn low. I have also tried Crunch, but losing the coverage against Gengar and Terakkion really wasn't worth it. If you know your opponent is a semi stall user, then by all means, go for Crunch.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Again, I even used this on my team when it didn't have Outrage + Moxie. Moxie just really opens up the door and is the true meaning of a late game sweeper. It doesn't need to setup, just attack. After all of the Pokemon before Salamence, not many teams can withstand Salamence. And if they try and save their checks to the before mentioned Pokemon, the rest of their team gets annihilated.

It is also important to note that you don't have to send this in last. If you see a point where you can take out like three or four members by sending it in to kill something, by all means do it. The rest of your team can clean up the mess.

Conclusion

I've had fun using this team, but quite frankly, everyone knows I use this team. There have been many copies to my team and I'm not really mad, besides at Sogedick. Also, if you post and say this team looks like every other heavy offense team, that's because they all in some way copied me. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but no one before me was using heavy offense in the way that I was.

I'd like to thank Husk and Stathakis for posting their teams as RMTs so that I could make the formula I now have today. I can only hope that someone will be able to do that with my team in the future.

I know that this RMT wasn't the most detailed, but I assumed that no one would want a huge ass wall of text that is only there to be used as fluff. I gave you what was important to the team and how I built it. If you want to use this team on the ladder, I don't care. As I said before, I examined Husk's and Stathakis's teams to build mine. Use your resources.

Baylife.

Export to Text

Code:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
Threat List

Abomasnow: Lead with Azelf and use Stealth Rocks. Then use Zen Headbutt or Explosion in ordinance to what they do. If Abomasnow is still alive by then, then send in Terrakion.

Azelf: Simply use Explosion as they Taunt. Afterward, send in either Scizor or Dragonite depending on their team. If they use Stealth Rocks while you explode, well, you're fucked and at a disadvantage.

Breloom: Lucario and Terrakion OHKO it with Close Combat. Never try and switch around against Breloom. Just let something die and then kill it.

Blissey: A special wall against an all physical team... baylife.

Bronzong: Pretty much everything besides Salamence can do a number to this. Just decide which Pokemon is the best against it in accordance to their team. Overall, Scizor is a great choice as it can setup or give you momentum.

Celebi: The ideal scenario would be for you to Swords Dance while they go to Celebi or you Close Combat and then kill with Stone Edge. Pretty much everything hits it hard, so yea.

Conkeldurr: Don't ever switch out of this unless you know it's either Substitute or Choice Band. If you let it setup a Bulk Up you pretty much lost. Other than that, just hit it hard and move on.

Deoxys-D: Use Azelf the same way I stated in my paragraph on Azelf. After the boom, you'll likely want to send in either Scizor, Dragonite, or Terrakion depending on their team and how low Deoxys-D is.

Dragonite: It can't really find a spot to setup on. If it manages to get +1, Salamence still outspeeds. You also have two priority in Scizor and Lucario.

Ferrothorn: You'll want to damage it with Dragonite, so that Salamence can sweep later in the game. You also have everything else to OHKO Nat, so it's not an issue at all.

Forretress: Use Azelf as a spin block by using explosion on it. After that, you can send in Dragonite to either setup or use Fire Punch. If they are using a sun team, then your Fire Punch should kill.

Gengar: Go to Scizor or just kill it with Salamence. There are many options, but the best would be for your opponent to send it in after you used Swords Dance with Lucario.

Gliscor: Gliscor isn't an issue so long as you overload it. If you give it a chance to keep restoring health, you're not gonna be able to kill it. Obviously, if they have a billion physical walls, then it can be an issue. But usually... you can overload it.

zzz

Pretty much the only issue is Mew. If you have a question about any Pokemon in particular, just post and I'll say how I deal with it.

Cool team, my one suggestion would be to test Babiri Berry (Steel Resist iirc) on Terrakion, but other than that, it seems as though you have most offensive threats covered. T-Wave Ferrothorn seems like it can be a bit annoying, but not too difficult to play around. Maybe trying Fire Blast over Stone Edge on Mence, but if you want to go pure phys, then that's still cool.

Edit: LOL I remember Sogeking using this team on the ladder actually.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yeah I faced this team.Had to resort to accurate prediction to beat it.If thats not the definition of a superb team I don't know what is.Swell job on the ladder.Luvdisc'ed :)

EDIT:Isn't Mamo a problem? Atleast that's how i beat this team.I used sash to kill Azelf and terakion but even the LO set can wreak havoc if Terakion is down/weakened and Scizor's down as well(or in Ice shard KO range).Everyone runs Jolly now so Luke can't CC it.

Limitless

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, my one suggestion would be to test Babiri Berry (Steel Resist iirc) on Terrakion, but other than that, it seems as though you have most offensive threats covered. T-Wave Ferrothorn seems like it can be a bit annoying, but not too difficult to play around. Mayble trying Fire Blast over Stone Edge on Mence, but if you want to go pure phys, then that's still cool.

Edit: LOL I remember Sogeking using this team on the ladder actually.
If I used Babiri Berry on Terrakion, I wouldn't be able to break a lot of the stuff I could with Life Orb.

Thunder Wave on Ferrorthorn isn't really an issue because I don't switch much. I have no reason to use Fire Blast on Salamence, as my job isn't to break at that point, just sweep.

Hey, great team. You're one of the few people who uses a formula to make a team, and I really like it. I may be testing this team out and taking the Lucario idea. Agreeing with MikeDecIsHere about Fire Blast > Stone Edge on Salamence and using Naught/Naive and 4 spA ev's in place of Adamant and 4 hp.
Luvdisc'd

It seems like common walls and stall team staples, like Skarm, Ferro, Jelly, Gliscor, etc, give this team trouble, especially if your Terrakion is rendered ineffective. Edit: Also, as BKC said below me, Quagsire can also be a large thorn for this team. Looks like Prankster Pokemon would give it a lot of trouble too. Sableye can just burn your whole team and taunt you to oblivion. I guess you could PP stall it somewhat as it takes out your whole team. :P

I like the sets, but I think Scizor and Lucario are pretty redundant. Replacing one might do this team a lot of good (or maybe even having Lucario go Nasty Plot + Special sweeper). Scarf Moxie Mence is a monster late game, you're right.

Anyways, nice team! Unrelenting pressure. Get that physical wall weakness and Prankster weakness done away with, and I don't see much stopping the team barring luck or good prediction.

I don't see how you break Physically Defensive Quagsire. The opponent has to be careful about switching it in, but Quag's Unaware lets it ignore your boosts, so it can sit on its ass individually stall out each one of your Pokemon with Scald / Toxic + Recover. Curse variants are even harder to beat unless you get a well-timed crit. Running SD Virizion somewhere, preferably over Lucario, would help address this weakness, since it rapes Quag while sticking with the team's theme of unrelenting physical offense. Lum Berry should be the item so you're not instantly screwed if you take an unexpected Thunder Wave or Toxic from something like Chansey. Also, Sableye looks to be a major bitch to this team with its priority Will-o-Wisp, so throwing Lum Berry on Terrakion and / or Scizor would go a long way in beating it. Terra has more power than usual because you're running Adamant, so losing LO shouldn't be too big a deal. Keep in mind that the more Lum you have, the easier it is to kill Mew, who you mentioned as your biggest threat.

Limitless

It seems like common walls and stall team staples, like Skarm, Ferro, Jelly, Gliscor, etc, give this team trouble, especially if your Terrakion is rendered ineffective. Looks like Prankster Pokemon would give it a lot of trouble too. Sableye can just burn your whole team and taunt you to oblivion. I guess you could PP stall it somewhat as it takes out your whole team. :P

I like the sets, but I think Scizor and Lucario are pretty redundant. Replacing one might do this team a lot of good (or maybe even having Lucario go Nasty Plot + Special sweeper). Scarf Moxie Mence is a monster late game, you're right.

Anyways, nice team! Unrelenting pressure. Get that physical wall weakness and Prankster weakness done away with, and I don't see much stopping the team barring luck or good prediction.
I don't think you read my thread at all... The entire point of my team is to overwhelm all those physical walls. Sure, if they have three physical walls on a team, then I'll have issues breaking through. However, if they do that, they either are counter teaming me or lose to everyone else they play. Any good player, unless counter teaming, wouldn't do that.

In ordinance to Sableye, it is an issue, but one WoW miss is really all that I need. Again, I don't care about Sableye because no one really uses it. I'm not gonna patch one weakness that is barely used for ten more weaknesses.

Very good team, I have already had the opportunity to play against it.
I can also say that Gliscor, especially with Acrobatics, EQ,.. can be a pain.
I would actually love to face Acrobatics Gliscor more than a defensive one. The only one I wouldn't want to face are the ones that are faster than Terrakion. Even then, I don't automatically lose to it. Just play smart.

I don't see how you break Physically Defensive Quagsire. The opponent has to be careful about switching it in, but Quag's Unaware lets it ignore your boosts, so it can sit on its ass individually stall out each one of your Pokemon with Scald / Toxic + Recover. Curse variants are even harder to beat unless you get a well-timed crit. Running SD Virizion somewhere, preferably over Lucario, would help address this weakness, since it rapes Quag while sticking with the team's theme of unrelenting physical offense. Lum Berry should be the item so you're not instantly screwed if you take an unexpected Thunder Wave or Toxic from something like Chansey. Also, Sableye looks to be a major bitch to this team with its priority Will-o-Wisp, so throwing Lum Berry on Terrakion and / or Scizor would go a long way in beating it. Terra has more power than usual because you're running Adamant, so losing LO shouldn't be too big a deal. Keep in mind that the more Lum you have, the easier it is to kill Mew, who you mentioned as your biggest threat.
Quagsire is only a threat is the opponent is smart, like you said. However, I haven't really seen it used as much as other things. To warrant a switch of Lucario, who has the ability to sweep on choice users, to a Pokemon that simply helps against a Pokemon that I see maybe once out of fifty games is not a good edit. I know M Dragon was talking to me about how he could beat me with a semi stall team with Quagsire, but not many people use it. I recognize it as an issue, but I don't really care about things that I barely see.

For my Sableye reply, look at my response to the other dude. If I take out Life Orb, I can't break other Pokemon as well as I need to. And how many times do you actually see Sableye in a competitive match...?

I actually did read your post fully. It's a great team! There are certain more-common-than-you-seem-to-encounter threats that really screw over your team, though. I encounter Sableye in maybe one in seven battles. As someone else already said, Quagsire also screws your team over, and it's also more common than you seemingly encounter. Or maybe I just get the teams that have those type of threats on it, but anyways. If a team has just Sableye and Jellicent/Skarmory, you are already pretty much screwed. That's just one physical wall, and one support/Prankster Pokemon. Add in four other Pokemon, and your team is quite easily taken care of, bar a very lucky match where WoW misses repeatedly, or Scald doesn't burn 30% of the time, or you somehow break through Skarm before a WW against your boosters, a BB against your Terrakion, etc. Encore easily takes care of your set up Pokemon.

It's basically a great team to overload on the physical side, but against most good players, I don't see it succeeding very often. You have fought well, though, to get to number 1, so I admire your Pokemon/luck skills!

Limitless

I actually did read your post fully. It's a great team! There are certain more-common-than-you-seem-to-encounter threats that really screw over your team, though. I encounter Sableye in maybe one in seven battles. As someone else already said, Quagsire also screws your team over, and it's also more common than you seemingly encounter. Or maybe I just get the teams that have those type of threats on it, but anyways. If a team has just Sableye and Jellicent/Skarmory, you are already pretty much screwed. That's just one physical wall, and one support/Prankster Pokemon. Add in four other Pokemon, and your team is quite easily taken care of, bar a very lucky match where WoW misses repeatedly, or Scald doesn't burn 30% of the time, or you somehow break through Skarm before a WW against your boosters, a BB against your Terrakion, etc. Encore easily takes care of your set up Pokemon.

It's basically a great team to overload on the physical side, but against most good players, I don't see it succeeding very often. You have fought well, though, to get to number 1, so I admire your Pokemon/luck skills!
Clearly, you must face some really crappy players. I'm assuming your rating on the Smogon ladder is like 1100...?

And about your comment about how this team is not good against good players... I went undefeated in SPL and have over thirty tournament match victories with this team. So yes, this team is good against "good" players.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I used this team a few times in SPL and it is amazing, even if it does have a slight CBand Ferro weakness :p

Whenever I was playing against a mew I would try to get Dragonite on one Dragon Dance before they could send in Mew. This would allow me to weaken it into KO range for something like Terrakion. I don't really have any changes that I would run with this team except for making Terrakion Jolly when facing a player known for offensive play, but that is extremely situational at best.

Overall a really solid team and one that is a joy to play with.

I'll have to agree with Marshall and say that Gliscor is a problem. Not the Acrobatics one, but the defensive one. Since your team is literally 100% physical, Gliscor combined with Poison Heal can take just about all your attacks that you throw at it.

If you're going to keep your team that physical, my recommendation is to replace Extremespeed with Ice Punch on Lucario in order to beat Gliscor.

But with your team being so physical, Sableye can literally 6-0 you alone, and relying on Will-o miss is really a foolish choice. My recommendation is Rotom-W > Salamence in order to complete voltturn and deal with Sableye and Slowbro which can be equally annoying to your team.

Good luck with the team!

Limitless

I'll have to agree with Marshall and say that Gliscor is a problem. Not the Acrobatics one, but the defensive one. Since your team is literally 100% physical, Gliscor combined with Poison Heal can take just about all your attacks that you throw at it.

If you're going to keep your team that physical, my recommendation is to replace Extremespeed with Ice Punch on Lucario in order to beat Gliscor.

But with your team being so physical, Sableye can literally 6-0 you alone, and relying on Will-o miss is really a foolish choice. My recommendation is Rotom-W > Salamence in order to complete voltturn and deal with Sableye and Slowbro which can be equally annoying to your team.

Good luck with the team!
Gliscor is easily overwhelmed. Read my thread.

Switching Ice Punch for Extreme Speed would lose my ability to sweep.

And again, I don't care about Sableye, a Pokemon that I see once out of a hundred matches.

Salamence is my late game sweeper. Rotom would completely defeat the purpose of my team.

Wow, no need to attack me personally or attack my skills. No, my rating hovers around 1300 on Smog. It just seems to me in my experience that many players who are good/have good teams can match your team. The wall/stall problem has already been discussed, as has the Prankster problem. I'm also curious how you deal with sun teams? Chlorophyll seems like it would decimate your team, as you need to set up to deal with them, and they won't give you a chance to set up. Your Lucario and Scizor also lack immediate power, so again, they will be killed before being able to do anything, and their priority will be weak against either fire types, or do normal-but-not-enough damage with extremespeed. I'm not an expert by any means with Sun teams, though, so I don't know how you fare with them or what their threats are.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
When I first had the idea of making a team like this, there really wasn't anything like it at the time. Obviously, there were heavy offense teams, but nothing like this.
Yes there were, except people knew better and used Deoxys lead instead of Azelf lead, as, you know, it outclasses it badly.

When I first started using this team, no one really had been using Azelf.
Because, like I said, everyone used Deoxys. Much better, much more effective, doesnt instantly lose to mirror matches or Tyranitar. Also has spikes.
Once Deoxys got thrown away, people started using Azelf, but they also knew better not to make it Tyranitar bait as its what? the most common lead nowadays?

When I started using this team, no one really ever used Adamant on Terrakion.
Yes, yes they did.

I know it's hard to believe, but when I first built this team, not many people really used Lucario.
People had been using Lucario since the start of BW, so no, your claim of "not many people really used Lucario" is not correct. There had been many sights of Lucarios in Tours.

There have been many copies to my team
Its just that its so hard to copy the most standard Hyper Offense team in existance man. You even said it, you copied this strategy off of people before you, but you dont see them claiming you "stole their teams". smh

I'd like to thank Husk and Stathakis for posting their teams as RMTs so that I could make the formula I now have today.
You didnt make any formula. Theres no formula. Any monkey with half a testicle can make this kind of team without a formula. And if there waaaas a formula, you didnt make it.

I know that this RMT wasn't the most detailed, but I assumed that no one would want a huge ass wall of text that is only there to be used as fluff.
Instead is a mini wall of text that is only there for false "before I did, nobody used this"s.

Try Fire Fang over Stone Edge on Salamence, and opposed to what you said, Gliscor is a really really big threat to your team. Be more careful :toast:

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Yes, i agree this is an outstanding team.
Other than the countless achievements though, there is a few things bugging me.
U turn scizor with SD might be better off using 3 attacks and life orb.
Replace the set with BP, SP, BB, SD!
Except for a bunch of twavers, team should do well!

Slight skarm weak might be fixable by using a fight gem on terrakion.
This would let you surprise kill skarm a lot of the time.
I would suggest using those 4 hp evs on nite somewhere else.
Losing to wrong SR switches might cost you!
Lame about people copying this masterpiece.

Anyway,

Forget those team stealers!
Aspergers kids like Reyscarface and Xtrashine who could never come up anything like this.
Good teams like this are a rare thing in BW.
Good synergy,
Outstanding ideas,
Terrific battler.

peng

Unmasked
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, so this is obviously a great team but you don't need to be so condescending to the people who are actually giving you some decent suggestions lol.

Also teams like this were incredibly popular during the Deo-S meta so its pretty cocky to claim you re-invented HO when the main core is practically exactly the same as what people have been using for like 9 months.

Slowbro and Tangrowth look like they can be kind of annoying for you to face. The team obviously doesn't want to give your opponent any chances to use recovery moves but Regenerator bypasses gives them passive recovery which could make them potentially difficult to play around (especially with Slowbro's Fighting- resistance). Scizor can handle them to an extent with +2 U-Turn but you won't always get that chance to set-up, and forcing yourself to switch-out after the hit can potentially harm you more than help you by giving Slowbro easier Slack Offs or just the ability to fire off Scalds more freely. Obviously they can be played around but an option is to try Lum Berry over Leftovers on Scizor so you can Swords Dance against them without fear of a Scald Burn or Sleep Powder respectively. Lum also means you can evade a burn from Mew and OHKO back, and lets you set-up vs Hidden Power [Ice] + Sleep Powder Venusaur, who, albeit pretty rare, beats Salamence and Dragonite and can cause you some issues.

Sticking to the subject of Scizor, I don't like how it actually gives your opponent's weakened Skarmory a chance to Roost up against you with no fear. You've probably already tested Superpower over Roost and more Attack EVs but I'd personally test it out again, just because the team really doesn't want to give Skarmory any chances to recover at all.

Expert Belt Landorus looks like it can be annoying too because Scizor's Bullet Punch is pretty weak without significant investment and Dragonite + Luke don't really hit it hard enough with ExtremeSpeed, plus bringing in Salamence early game to deal with it obviously isn't good. Jolly Terrak would give you another option against it, but again I'm sure you've tested it before so I doubt you'll change your mind.

Cool team, gl.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I doubt I can aid in fixing such display of perfection as stated by yourself but I might as well give a humble shot. First of all good job with the team, I'm sure you, as well as the other 564479 people that completely saw all your spl games, ladder games and ripped your team had a lot of success with something as mind-boggling and creative as hyper offense. As for suggestions, I'd give Jolly Ice Punch Lucario a spin because Gliscor (speedy with SD/EQ/Ice Fang mainly) and DD Dragonite can give you quite a few problems when they setup on Lucario (or Mence, depending on the move you're locked in or how much you're willing to get KOed by Gliscor when you might need some speed to handle another threat); and you seem to be more coverd against Gengar and Terrakion than you are against these two. Also drop Scizor's HP to 248 to lower SR and Spikes damage.

baylife

Limitless

Yes there were, except people knew better and used Deoxys lead instead of Azelf lead, as, you know, it outclasses it badly.
Except that you can't spin block with Deoxys-D and you have a lot more momentum with Azelf with the ability to simply go boom. zzz

Because, like I said, everyone used Deoxys. Much better, much more effective, doesnt instantly lose to mirror matches or Tyranitar. Also has spikes.
Once Deoxys got thrown away, people started using Azelf, but they also knew better not to make it Tyranitar bait as its what? the most common lead nowadays?
If you read my thread you'd know why and how I use Azelf.

People had been using Lucario since the start of BW, so no, your claim of "not many people really used Lucario" is not correct. There had been many sights of Lucarios in Tours.
It wasn't common is all I meant. I'm glad you took the time to try and dissect my RMT.

Its just that its so hard to copy the most standard Hyper Offense team in existance man. You even said it, you copied this strategy off of people before you, but you dont see them claiming you "stole their teams". smh
I didn't know stealing an idea that was built from the beginning of Pokemon was stealing a team. I stole an idea, not Pokemon.

You didnt make any formula. Theres no formula. Any monkey with half a testicle can make this kind of team without a formula. And if there waaaas a formula, you didnt make it.
Cause you'd know.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Except that you can't spin block with Deoxys-D and you have a lot more momentum with Azelf with the ability to simply go boom. zzz
Azelf cant spin block either as to my knowledge. EDIT: With Scizor down Donphan can really do a number on your team. Donphans standard Stealth Rock/ RapidSpin/ Ice Shard/ Earthquake set will give your team problems. Both Terrakion and Lucario need to set up to do heavy damage to Donphan and both your dragons will cop it heavy from Ice Shard. Maybe you should Fit Ice Punch on either Azelf or Lucario to help elimate his fellow bulky ground types as well? (Hippowdon springs to mind as a threat with his mammoth HP and Defense stats + Slack Off being preety annoying for your team)
Just trying to help, dont have a go at me

Azelf cant spin block either as to my knowledge.
What I believe he is trying to say is that if you go for explosion on the same turn they go for rapid spin, it fails, and then he can go to one of the other 5 offensive power houses to finish the spinner off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)