1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Team Blackout

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by SinnohChamp, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinnohChamp

SinnohChamp

ive had thumbs up for my team on nps but thumbs down on fcs.
    so i wanna see what you think.
    before i post can a mod put all the posts i make into 1 then that would be great thx.

Metagross@lum berry
    adament
    112 hp/252 atk/12 def/132 spe.
    clear body

meteor mash
    explosion
    bullet punch
    stealth rock

the lead of the team(that rymies)
    so what do first is i lay sr down or if there a ground or infernape i blow it up.
    meteor mash can higher up its atk to 415.
    bullet punch should do well against ice.

dont post

jolteon@life orb
    timid
    252 sp.atk/252 spe/4 sp.def
    volt absorb

thunderbolt
    shadow ball
    charge beam
    baton pass

with cb and bp it makes my gengar more evil who ill show later.
    thunderbolt and shadow ball are helped by charge beam too and with life orb its a pokemon that takes some doing.

flygon@choice band
    jolly
    252 atk/252 spe/4 def
    levitate

outrage
    thunderpunch
    u turn
    earthquake

people say choice scarf is the perfect item.
    but i dont agree because choice band does well against may pokemon with the scarf being high enough.
    thunder punch gives trouble to gyardos and earthquake stops many infernapes.

gengar@life orb
    timid
    4 def/252 sp.atk/252 spe
    levitate

protect
    shadow ball
    focus blast
    destiny bond

well firstly protect can see if tyranitier uses pursuit.
    if so he can be swiched out safely.
    shadow ball and focus blast do a pretty good job from the boosts by jolteon and life orb also gives the upper hand.
    now the ausome bit! destiny bond basically wins the game when there just one more pokemon.
    its also useful as a last resort.

suicune@leftovers
    bold
    252 hp/252 def/4 spe
    pressure

rest
    sleep talk
    surf
    roar

not much to say here apart from that its a pain with rest and sleep talk since its a good combination

secptile@leftovers
    jolly
    4 hp/252 atk/252 spe
    overgrow

leaf blade
    swords dance
    rock slide
    x scissor

my revenge killer MAW HA HA HA HAAAA
    with swords dance plus the leaf blade make that combination deadly.
    x scissor can take on its own type grass and rock slide will hurt birds and gyardos.

i hope u like me team

you can now rate!
  2. Uncommon Madness

Uncommon Madness

You lack descriptions and you posted this team in the wrong section...

Oh and after viewing your team quickly I saw there are some things that need to be changed:

-Suicune doesn't really work as a phazer since you don't have a Spiker... replace Roar with Calm Mind so that you can at least set up on something.

-Sceptile isn't really viable in OU and the SD set is outclassed by many things, Infernape, Scizor and Lucario just to name a few.

-In the current standard metagame Subsitute is much more useful than Protect on Gengar... also because if CS Tyranitar uses Pursuit and you have taken prior damage you are screwed anyway. Substitute+Leftovers is great but if you think that this set lacks the raw power of the LO one then you can keep it.

Good luck.
  3. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating the above quoted RMT rule. If you wish to remedy this problem, explain your reasoning behind each Pokemon and why they work on your team more thoroughly. Try to aim for 3-4 sentences with your descriptions. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see examples of what we're looking for in an RMT!

If you improve your explanations for your Pokémon, please private message me indicating that you've done so by showing me your new descriptions. Once you've done that, I will re-open this thread. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)