Other Team Building Shop [Closed, read post 62]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, got some teams to post. Note that I'm building these in order of: ones I most want to build to ones I least want to build, so even if you asked first, I may not build your team first.

MilkyWay01

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Toxic
- Encore

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 8 HP / 72 Atk / 208 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch / Knock Off
- Substitute / SD

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Built this team with Kingdra because I find that it's super underrated on rain teams (most run Kabutops instead, which is good but fuck it). So Kingdra's two biggest issues are ferrothorn, Chansey, and Azumarill so I started out by pumping the team full of Pokemon that could weaken those. Tornadus-T can Taunt and Superpower Chansey as well as Hurricane spam offensive teams that usually don't have a good answer to it. Ferrothorn is honestlt the best answer to Azumarill that Rain is gonna find, and this spread is the best I could come up with to stop it. With this you will never be 2HKOed by Superpower on AV Azumarill (band will do a ton but band can't deal with Kingdra nearly as well. Mawile was a cool mon for rain because it can set up on Ferrothorn easily. I personally went for sub Focus Punch to OHKO Ferro, but SD with Knock Off is definitely an option, but sub can also fuck over Keldeo, which loves to switch in predicting SD. Finally, HW Latias works perfectly on rain, checking thundy and giving Torn, Mawile, or Kingdra a second chance to fuck over the opponent as well as heal Politoed if you need rain longer.

The Bravest Bird Kiga

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

CM Raikou was a super difficult mon for me to build around because I really had to think about its strengths and weaknesses before proceeding. The mate has mostly adapted to handle it, but I did my best with what I had. Raikou most notably has trouble against stall. Chansey, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Clefable walk all over it. Mega Gardevoir on the other hand can fuck over all of these Pokemon. Taunt cripples Chansey, Focus Blast weakens Heatran and Ferro, and Clefable loses just with Hyper Voice. From here, Keldeo seemed like a good option to handle Scizor and also provide more pressure on Ferro, Chansey, and Clefable, not to mention luring in Thundurus, which Raikou can set up on. Dragonite just seemed like a really good option for the team in general, it hits hard, breaking walls even more, provides powerful priority, and gives a switch in to Ground moves like Landorus' Earth Power as well as giving the team another switch-in to Keldeo. The main point of Dragonite, however, was its wallbreaking capabilities. Skarmory might seem out of place, but I wanted a more reliable answer to Flying spam, Garchomp seemed problematic, Defog seemed necessary since the team gets worn down super easily, and Azumarill is an absolute bitch to offense. It also further checks Mega Scizor, which takes pressure off Keldeo. Finally, Azumarill patches up the team's weakness to Greninja while also helping to lure in Ferrothorn (I seriously cannot stress how annoying this thing is for Raikou), and once again Raikou can set up on Mega Venusaur and Amoongus, which are common switch-ins to Azu.

Kiga, this team uses Mega Garde so I figured I would tag you but if you want your own Mega Garde team I can build one separate from this one.

Will try to get the other teams done asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum. Would it be possible to see a team featuring gyarados & breloom? gyara doesn't have to be mega, and 'loom doesn't have to be sash. ty

hi guys my ps teambuilder lags as i load the pokemon and i cbf making teams in a pb so this is cool to let you guys do it for me (this thread is basically just you two + stath being everyone's bitches)!!!

hmmmmm what do i want o.o

how abooouuuuut mega houndoom that would be cute since no one uses it but it looks interesting have fun!

Ok, got some teams to post. Note that I'm building these in order of: ones I most want to build to ones I least want to build, so even if you asked first, I may not build your team first.

MilkyWay01

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Toxic
- Encore

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 8 HP / 72 Atk / 208 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch / Knock Off
- Substitute / SD

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Built this team with Kingdra because I find that it's super underrated on rain teams (most run Kabutops instead, which is good but fuck it). So Kingdra's two biggest issues are ferrothorn, Chansey, and Azumarill so I started out by pumping the team full of Pokemon that could weaken those. Tornadus-T can Taunt and Superpower Chansey as well as Hurricane spam offensive teams that usually don't have a good answer to it. Ferrothorn is honestlt the best answer to Azumarill that Rain is gonna find, and this spread is the best I could come up with to stop it. With this you will never be 2HKOed by Superpower on AV Azumarill (band will do a ton but band can't deal with Kingdra nearly as well. Mawile was a cool mon for rain because it can set up on Ferrothorn easily. I personally went for sub Focus Punch to OHKO Ferro, but SD with Knock Off is definitely an option, but sub can also fuck over Keldeo, which loves to switch in predicting SD. Finally, HW Latias works perfectly on rain, checking thundy and giving Torn, Mawile, or Kingdra a second chance to fuck over the opponent as well as heal Politoed if you need rain longer.

The Bravest Bird Kiga

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

CM Raikou was a super difficult mon for me to build around because I really had to think about its strengths and weaknesses before proceeding. The mate has mostly adapted to handle it, but I did my best with what I had. Raikou most notably has trouble against stall. Chansey, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Clefable walk all over it. Mega Gardevoir on the other hand can fuck over all of these Pokemon. Taunt cripples Chansey, Focus Blast weakens Heatran and Ferro, and Clefable loses just with Hyper Voice. From here, Keldeo seemed like a good option to handle Scizor and also provide more pressure on Ferro, Chansey, and Clefable, not to mention luring in Thundurus, which Raikou can set up on. Dragonite just seemed like a really good option for the team in general, it hits hard, breaking walls even more, provides powerful priority, and gives a switch in to Ground moves like Landorus' Earth Power as well as giving the team another switch-in to Keldeo. The main point of Dragonite, however, was its wallbreaking capabilities. Skarmory might seem out of place, but I wanted a more reliable answer to Flying spam, Garchomp seemed problematic, Defog seemed necessary since the team gets worn down super easily, and Azumarill is an absolute bitch to offense. It also further checks Mega Scizor, which takes pressure off Keldeo. Finally, Azumarill patches up the team's weakness to Greninja while also helping to lure in Ferrothorn (I seriously cannot stress how annoying this thing is for Raikou), and once again Raikou can set up on Mega Venusaur and Amoongus, which are common switch-ins to Azu.

Kiga, this team uses Mega Garde so I figured I would tag you but if you want your own Mega Garde team I can build one separate from this one.

Thanks! Looks good, cant wait to try it out :D

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Nog
Can you please build around Zard Y + Defog Zapdos? Thanks!

(and yeah ik that has major problems; it's not a complete core b/c it requires another Pokemon, and I'd like you to choose the best fit + make the team)

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Can we request teams with niche Pokemon/niche sets? (not necessarily uncompetitive or unviable, though)
Sure, however, and I can't speak for nog and stathakis, I think we have the right to refuse if it's too niche (I'm not making a TR Diancie team, I just won't do it).

Requesting for sub+3 megawile team
Just 2 slight conditions:
No bp;
At least 1 cleric

If you're free, thanks

Last edited:
The Bravest Bird Kiga

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Thanks, havent gotten around to using the team yet but out of curiosity, what's the purpose of the hp evs on dnite?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Thanks, havent gotten around to using the team yet but out of curiosity, what's the purpose of the hp evs on dnite?
Lets you live Banded Azu's Play Rough through Multiscale. Feel free to change it if you feel that's unnecessary, that's just the set I always use.

If we can then I'd like to request a team with Physical Greninja .o/
I would put Physical Greninja under "unviable" :/ sorry. Maybe Nog or stathakis wants to build it but I certainly don't/can't.

I am agreeing that physical Greninja is unviable. If you have any questions on if your request is viable or feasible, feel free drop me a VM

If requests are being taken at the moment I would like to request a Sandstorm offense team featuring Excadrill and M-Mawile.
Help is much appreciated.

yo TRC ima get back to you with a megadoom team in a few days

can't promise it will be good but i will do my best

will look thru other requests soon that's the one that popped out to me since i actually have several of the others already saved / built / might just recycle a few for u guys :x

ill also try to get some replays up.

Nog / Halcyon. we should probably get a skype room going eventually to make some of these together!

@ the general userbase making requests in here, when you make a request like (for example, just picking one at random) a sandstorm offense team featuring mega mawile and excadrill, do you want something creative that uses these pokemon or the probable best thing that uses them? because there are tons of different flavors of mawile+exca sand offense and it's probably the most standard core used these days, so when I see a request like this I am unsure whether to make something strange/crazy or just something safe/solid but perhaps not super innovative that the average tour player would bring to a game. would love to hear you guys's feedback so I can know what kinds of teams to build

Last edited:
The Bravest Bird Kiga

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

I played a few games with this team, and it's really good! That Skarmory (with Whirlwind over Defog) was a favorite of mine in Gen V, and Counter still works wonders when used correctly. However, you built this team for The Bravest Bird, so I don't know if it's really right for me to use it. I do like it, though, and Raikou is better than I thought it was.

Modest Gardevoir kind of makes me regret breeding a Timid one. Such Power!

This is a really good idea guys. Anyway, could someone build me a team centered around mega medi? After perusing the VR suspect test thread I can't help but feel aegislash will be banned and that medicham will become a huge threat. Regardless of what happens, medicham is a really scary mon.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it.

Edit: Thank you so much Trinitrotoluene I didn't expect such a fast reply! I can't wait to test the team!

Last edited:
When you aren't swamped, could you build me a team based around Specially Defensive, Bulk Up Talonflame? I'd want the team to feature Greninja, if possible. Thanks!

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi every1! Nog said that i can help him, Halcyon., and Stathakis build teams for this thread, so here i am :] i will only take 5 requests at a time to ensure that requests don't overwhelm me.

Rostam

NUKE EM GANDHI (Medicham) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

BUGS MONEY (Diggersby) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Happiness: 0
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

OH SHIT GOJIRA (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

R.I.P. IN PEACE (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 236 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

RIDE THE THUNDER (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

GAMES PEOPLE PLAY (Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

i gave silly nicknames to each team member because lol. if they bother you, you can change or outright remove them. it's up to you, really.

i built this team to exploit the immense power behind mega medicham, which gives stall some trouble if it's played right. since i decided to build the team around sub + 3 attacks mega medicham, i brought in focus sash diggersby to check aegislash and some other fire-types. to cover a genger and flyspam weak, i added in physically defensive tyranitar, which boasts the ability to check both of them without too much difficulty. since i found that the rest of the team had a slight hazards vulnerability, i chose defog + healing wish latias as the team's hazards remover, because it can remove hazards, check electrics, and potentially give diggersby or mega medicham another chance to give the opposing team hell, which is actually kinda cool. after finding out that the team was slow as fuk, i decided to draft thundurus, whose prankster thunder waves keep dragon dance sweepers from having their way with this team, all while helping diggersby and medicham sweep. as a bonus, it gave the team yet another genger check, making it that much harder for it to rain on diggersby and medicham's parade. azumarill is a filler option that happens to check greninja lacking hp grass, keldeo, the lati twins, genger w/out sludge wave, and several dragons. anyways, this is just a base team, so you can go ahead and change up whatever you feel like to make it better fit your playstyle. feel free to ask me questions about the team's evs or moves; i'd love to answer them.

e: fixed a problem w/ importable.

Last edited:
I hope you guys can handle the requests so far! If you can't I don't mind you delaying my request it's not urgent but anyways I hope you can help me build a Web offence team with shuckle(duh) and hopefully Garchomp? Thanks!

Could someone please make a team based around the core of Mega Gardevoir, Bisharp and Keldeo? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)